• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Auverand - Character Sheets (OPEN)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. You'll have to use the
tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://images3.alphacoders.com/594/594679.jpg); Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#fbf6d9; Color:Black; //the solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border all your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#142740; padding:5px; color:#fbe7d1; width:calc(100% - 35% - 33px); //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:20px SOLID #fbe7d1; border-bottom:10px SOLID #fbe7d1; width:35%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #fbf6d9; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:10px; margin-bottom:10px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] [div class="Image"] 579934View attachment 579933 [/div][/div] [div class="Name"] Katrienne Mercer of House Mercer[/div]

Nickname: Kat to very few, and Echo to fewer still
Orientation: I will marry where we may find alliances
Height: Five foot seven at last measure
Weight: That, is for me to know
Race: Human
[div class="Line"][/div] Role: The Proper Mercer daughter
Skills: Officially she is an exceedingly talented dancer and generally educated in all the proper noble arts. Less officially she is a talented and vicious knife and staff fighter, with remarkable skill at knife throwing as well. She is also a very capable alchemist, specializing in extremely nasty poisons, with a strong grasp on explosives as well. The most dangerous thing about her is that she is very very good at appearing to be harmless, right up until there's a dagger between your ribs, literally, or otherwise. She is the best spymaster you will never know exists. Her one odd talent is something that has earned her the nickname of Echo among spies. She can mimic any voice she has heard extensively, and she can do so perfectly. She can also make her voice sound like almost anything within human vocal ranges.
Virtues: Schemer, cunning, canny, protective, extremely intelligent, charming, charismatic, loyal
Vices: Amoral, ruthless, ambitious, machiavellian
Markings: Officially, None.
Animal Companions: She has a pet cat, the name of which rather few people know.
Mother: Lady Mercer
Father: Lord Mercer
[div class="Line"][/div] There are a number of different stories you could tell of Katrienne Mercer, some of them even true. A dozen different rumors and different understandings of the woman herself. I will tell three. First is the tale of another Mercer wild child, just as restless and unsettled as her sisters, almost as soon as she was born. As soon as she could walk she was wandering the castle, and as soon as she could read she was devouring every book she could find, including books she wasn’t strictly allowed access to. She was too smart for anybody’s good, razor-sharp and inquisitive. Then everything shifted.
The next story is the story of the perfect Mercer daughter. She seemed to mature fast, suddenly taking to her mother’s lessons like a duck to water and comporting herself like a proper young lady. She began to take dancing lessons a few times a week along with a few other things. If she began to be estranged and distant from her family, then few really did much about it. She grew distant from her sister’s as she became her mother’s perfect daughter, and distant from her parent’s for a similar if reversed reason. Just as she became the perfect noble lady she seemed to no longer be a part of her family. She showed up to all the right events and comported herself perfectly, but always seemed to be too busy learning all the things a proper young lady should know to spend time with her family.
The third story is the story of a spymaster. The Mercer family spymaster took an interest in her, seeing potential in her restless intelligence. He took her under his wing and used the excuse of dancing lessons and other such things to begin to teach her the arts of a spy. He began to see her as almost a daughter, and poured his knowledge and his secrets into her mind. By the time she was eighteen she was one of the Mercer family’s best spies, and then the spymaster made a crucial mistake. He wanted to place her as the Mercer family head. He had already distanced her from her family, and now he began to move against the rest of the Mercer’s. He had a strong grasp on her and if he had stuck to her parent’s he might have succeeded, but he moved against her sisters and forgot that for all her cold and predatory nature Kat was very loyal to her siblings. Kat had already begun to establish her own network, and as soon as she caught wind of this she took it upon herself to put her master down. She gave him the respect of a proper knife fight and a quick death. Officially he retired, passing his mantle down to a new spymaster. The Mercer matriarch and patriarch still don’t know, mostly due to her ability to mimic his voice and disguise her own. Since then she has solidified and expanded the Mercer families information rings. In spy circles the new and mysterious Echo is known for having sunk her claws into a remarkable number of places, while working almost entirely from behind the scenes. She has a few trusted lieutenants through which she runs a carefully separated and carefully arranged spy ring. It is a rare going-on in Auverand that she does not know of.
[div class="Line"][/div] For the Good of Men
[div class="Line"][/div] [/div]
Code by @AgWordSmith
[/div]

Attachments

• 1558880869774.png
    1558880869774.png
    630.8 KB · Views: 0
[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. You'll have to use the
tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://wallpapercave.com/wp/ZoQxhRh.jpg); Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#B83525; Color:Black; //the solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border all your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#782502; padding:5px; color:#fbe7d1; width:calc(100% - 35% - 33px); //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:20px SOLID #B83525 ; border-bottom:10px SOLID #B83525; width:35%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #142740; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:10px; margin-bottom:10px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] [div class="Image"]
35794d6aa6e6a7cbe9d15b24fa44376f.jpg
[/div][/div] [div class="Name"] "My name is Avon Lerith of House Vogaul."[/div]

Nickname: "Captain. Just call me Captain."
Orientation: "I...enjoy both sexes. I fail to see how that is any of your business, however."
Height: "I stand at 6 foot 7."
Weight: "210 pounds. I assure you I am in fine shape."
Race: "I am a human."
[div class="Line"][/div] Role: "I am the Captain of the Palace Guard."
Skills: "I am a combatant. I have no intention of revealing the specifics of my skills."
Avon is a master of swordplay. There are few who can surpass him in skill. He is less skilled with sword and shield combat, although he is fairly capable. He is passable with a mace/blunt object, though he does not use that particular type of weapon often and will avoid them if possible. He has learned how to make his way around the court and how to hold a conversation with nobles. Aside from being a scholar of various battle tactics, he has no further notable skills.
Virtues: "I am devoted to my cause, and will lay down my life for it if it ever becomes necessary. I think on my feet, and I always keep my oaths."
Avon is incredibly honest, and is not overly fond of deception. He considers it to be dishonorable.
Vices: "I have been called too serious. Apparently I need to...loosen up. I fail to see how taking my job seriously is a flaw."
Avon leaves very little room in his life for any kind of socialization or fun, instead putting all of his energy into his job and training. Avon is also loyal to a fault, not caring how the other houses or holds suffer so long as House Vogaul comes out on top.
Markings: N/A
Animal Companions: "I keep a falcon. His name is Veryn. He's a useful beast."
Fears: "I fear nothing."
Avon is afraid of snakes. It isn't a debilitating fear anymore, but they make him sweat a bit. He also fears failing at his duties.
Goal: "My only goal is to protect the royal family."
Powers: N/A
[div class="Line"][/div] History: "There isn't much to tell. I was born rich, got trained, and joined the guard."
Avon was born to a rich merchant family, although he was not a noble. His family was rather large, himself being the second born out of 6 children. Because of his family's riches, he was allowed to have and do whatever he wanted as a child. He ended up taking an interest in warfare as well as swordplay. His parents humored him, paying for tutors and trainers, some even from the Wildes. He ended up having a happy childhood, (besides an instance with a snake that he really doesn't want to think about,) and really didn't have much to complain about.
When Avon was 11, his father was accused of a serious crime that would have impoverished his family. It was a terrifying time in his life, and he swiftly learned that without money, most people will abandon others. Luckily, through the goodness of his heart, the King himself took an interest in the case and because of this, Avon's father was cleared. (In truth, Avon's father offered a substantial bribe to the King to clear himself. But Avon doesn't know that.) Because of this, Avon is eternally grateful to the Royal Family, and as soon as he was age he joined the Royal Guard. It took him a few years, but he rose to the rank of Captain.
[div class="Line"][/div] [/div] For the Good of Men
[/div]

tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1522865080725-2a9ea1fcb94e?ixlib=rb-1.2.1&w=1000&q=80); Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#596DAB; Color:Black; //the solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border all your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#142740; padding:5px; color:#fbe7d1; width:calc(100% - 35% - 33px); //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:20px SOLID #596DAB; border-bottom:10px SOLID #596DAB; width:35%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #142740; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:10px; margin-bottom:10px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] 582629 [div class="Image"] [/div][/div] [div class="Name"] Durthu The Dweller[/div]

Nickname: "Durthu is only name as of yet."
Orientation: "Durthu loves only knowledge, no time for relationships."
Height: "6'8 Durthu stands taller than most humans"
Weight: "Im heavier than most of my kin, due to more limbs."
Race: "Dweller."
[div class="Line"][/div] Role: "Beast tamer...Scholar mostly Durthu loves knowledge."
Skills: "Durthu has traveled many miles, years and years of travel. Gathered knowledge on many subjects. Durthu has stolen away books and studied lost knowledge in my travels."
Virtues: "Durthu is kind and patient, love for knowledge has made Durthu more understanding of others. When Durthu attacked, Durthu not strike back nor does Durthu command animals to attack.
Vices: "Too curious, Durthu gets distracted and lost easily. Makes well for travels but not for staying in one place."
Markings: N/a
Animal Companions: "Stags and doe's like to follow Durthu, don't mind though."
Fears: "Durthu is scared of many things, Termites mostly, and death. Maybe combat as well..."
Goal: "My curiosity knows no bounds, knowledge is my desire."
Powers: N/a
[div class="Line"][/div]
[div class="Line"][/div] History: "Durthu left his home as soon as possible, the call to curiosity was too much to ignore. Traveled many places through the years, learned many things and made many companions. Time passed differently for them though Durthu watched as they would grow old and weak and then watch as they return to the earth. Durthu was saddened by how selfishly the humans would leave him and Durthu sought out the knowledge behind life and death. Durthu eventually learned all the knowledge that he could find on death but nothing helped him stop humans from dying. Durthu eventually witnessed the rarity that is mages for the first time, Durthu felt the call to curiosity once more Durthu had to find more mages and find more out about them. Durthu heard of their homeland in his travels Quorse"
[div class="Line"][/div] [/div] For the Good of Men
[/div]

tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundPicture] background-color:#000000; Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:15px; background-color:#fbe7d1; Color:Black; //BGColor will what determinates what type color will it have. Padding will be the void between the Border and the actual text.// //The solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border. All your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; // The Object will be at the right side of the screen - Floating as an image // margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#b51921; padding:5px; color:#fbe7d1; width:calc(100% - 35% - 33px); // Calculus to avoid objects to collide / lose itself at the bottom of another // //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:20px SOLID #fceecf; border-bottom:10px SOLID #d1b87f; width:20%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #142740; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:10px; margin-bottom:10px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] [div class="Image"] 583429 [/div][/div] [div class="Name"] Ser Tormud Argorian [/div]

Nickname: "The Knight of the Dawn - I have a reputation behind me."
Age: "Ah - why? Do you assume I am too old yet to carry a sword?"
Orientation: "You are a few years late - I am no longer attracted to anything."
Height: "Five something. I don't remember. Though I look taller on horseback."
Weight: "Probably not much. Why?"
Race: "Human to the bone. Don't let my sword misguide you."
[div class="Line"][/div] Role: A retired retinue whom leads a small force of trained knights to defend the innocents at the Wilde.
Skills: An all-round experienced soldier, knight trained in combat and horse-raiding. Talented speaker and singer.
Virtues: Zealot and just.
Vices: Stubborn old mule.
Markings: The cloak of the years that had fallen before him.
Animal Companions: A brown horse.
[div class="Line"][/div] Backstory: Ser Tormund's story had been nothing but one of servitude through out his young years. He passed through without fame, glory or sorrow of any remark. He retired after a few battles with enough earnings for his now departed wife's idea of a shop within a city. He had two children and a residence close to the shop they had bought. His life was established exactly as he wanted it to be.

One day he banished without a trace, no one heard of his recent adventure to the Wilde lands of the south that remain unexplored, across The Drift - but he returned a changed man and with a magical sword. At least it is believed to be magical. When blood is splatted at its steel, fire takes the whole blade, burning restlessly until the weapon finally touches the ground and extinguishes it completely.

He said nothing to his family - not a single phrase or a goodbye - He only claimed a holy calling, that The Old Gods gave him a vision with a quest himself could not ignore. He called for a few friends whom died not in battle and persuaded them to embark into his delusional journey of servitude. Not to a Lord on a castle, but a higher purpose all together.
[div class="Line"][/div]
"For the good of men"
[div class="Line"][/div]
[/div]
[/div]

Last edited:
I am Sir Stavros Quorse of House Quorse

Role: Knight of House Quorse. Stavros is sometimes in charge of anywhere from twelve to two hundred soldiers and mages, whenever the House must make a significant show of force. In quieter times he travels with a retinue of a few other soldiers and helps the Quorses with the endless small fights, parleys and escorts that keep a noble family operating.

Race: Mage
Sexual Orientation: Prefers women
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 220 lbs
Tattoos/Scars/Markings: A few old war wounds on his legs and chest and a barely visible scar across his face. Stavros doesn't like to showboat and rarely discusses them.

Virtues: Stavros is dependable, brave, and dilligent. He is gracious when he wins and fair to the common people. He is known for the rare qualities of making sure his soldiers pay for the things they take, and attempting to only hang guilty men. At Quorse family gatherings he is a crowd favorite uncle who adores his many small nieces and nephews. His enemies regard him as an inspired battlefield commander and strategist.

Vices: A misadventure in the Drift left him with an abiding melancholy. He is distracted and difficult on certain days. Several of his friends have been found out and burnt to death running various operations in Millhold and Bellguard, and as a result soldiers from those regions are the only people with whom Stavros deals mercilessly. His loyalty to his House makes him blind to the egregious wrongdoing that certain Quorses are capable of, and his sense of chivalry sometimes causes him to give defeated opponents second and third attempts at killing him in a stand-up fight.

Skills: Mounted and unmounted combat, ranging, mage-centric tactics and strategy, military command. Being raised a Quorse means he is more knowledgable than average about magic, but he knows much less than the bookish members of the House.

Animal Companions: Sunbeam the horse; a horse.

Powers:

Mage Captain: Stavros' limited 'active' magic is mostly focused around amplifying the force of his own small hosts or weakening opposing forces. He knows spells that harden and soften courage, and spells that keep a watchful picket over sleeping camps. He can blow a phantom horn that makes his soldiers fierce and skillful, and he can light a fire with no kindling to make dinner. The real spectacular stuff (flash floods, meteors, group teleportation, demonology, etc...) he often leaves to the more hardcore books-and-crooks types that the House lends him when he asks.

Snake Bitten: Stavros moves unnaturally fast, and is capable of footwork that would break a normal man's ankles.

Backstory: Stavros was the third son of Lord Talbot Quorse and Lady Marcella Quorse. Because his father was the Lord Quorse's youngest brother, it was always expected that Stavros would take up some role in the governance of their safe hold. As a young man, he determined that he did not like politics, that his chances for a truly influential lordship were nonexistent, and that the petty courtly intrigues that made up so much of life in Westnor exhausted him. With his two brothers in line to inherit most of his family's holdings and responsibilities, he announced that he would become a Knight, and be the House's fists and eyes wherever he was needed. He was put on a horse and shipped to Fawn Hollow to train under an uncle and help protect the frontier.

This two year program of practice turned into a five year program of practice when Stavros and the soldiers he was with 'became lost in the Drift' during a patrol gone bad. When he returned to camp after three years with another lordling and a tan, tired footman in tow, the only thing that saved him from hanging was his family connections. Uncle Pentos died certain that Sirs Stavros and Tallyrand Quorse were lying about the nature of their overlong absence. This accurate assessment was ignored in favor of political expediency. The two young masters were given heroes' welcome in Westnor. While both men tried to make merry at the feast being thrown in their honor, those that knew them well could tell that something essential had left them. All inquiry ceased when the Lord Quorse himself made it known that the matter was closed forever.

After that, and feeling like he had had his Great Adventure, Stavros learned to make himself useful. He worked endlessly on behalf of his family, and never spoke to anyone about his long strange nightmare in the Drift and the fever dreams he still had. He did not discuss his suspicions with Sir Tallyrand, who angrily left Westnor for Ironfort and was killed fighting pirates. The sight of Sir Stavros up on Sunbeam riding through the glittering gate away for business or back from business became a staple of Westnor life, predictable and comforting like the passage of the seasons, and Stavros himself learned to smile a little bit again when his men cheered his name or when older folk hailed him in the street to ask after the health of kindly old Lord Talbot and bless him for the work he did uncomplaining on their behalf through years that blended together and sometimes seemed to pass faster than he could follow.

"For the good of men"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back