• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Auburn Springs

Characters
Here
MOOD: Settled Down
interaction ❜ Oliver Kio.exe Kio.exe

OLIVER DREYFUSS

"I... well..."
Oliver really wasn't sure what he wanted to do exactly, but some part of him ached to stay a while, if only to put off going to the doctor for a little while longer. He still dreaded the experience. Was the doctor going to fill his hand with metal rods and bolts, like he'd read about in books? He blanched at the thought. But aside from that, the chance to spend a little quality time with his definitely-not-friend was too good to pass up. It had been too long, way too long.

Next to him, Oliver James was growing Impatient: "You're the worst, you know that?"

"Yes!" Oliver Dreyfuss answered without thinking about it. Said quite a bit about his self esteem, really. "Give me a minute, I'm thinking." It was difficult for him to think with so much going on. Funnily though, things seemed to have slowed down a bit. Everything was... well, still incredibly overwhelming, but just a bit more pleasant and less threatening. He smiled, showing the gap between his front teeth, leaning his head back in a mimicry of Oli J's position, as if that would make him think faster, but really his thoughts were just paddling around aimlessly in his head and refusing to connect. This would be worrisome if he wasn't totally unconcerned by it for some reason.

"We should play a game." He mused unspecifically, sliding off the bench and wobbling a bit as he reached out for the other Oliver's hand. Incredibly weird of him to want to hold hands... he rationalized it in his head that he just didn't want to get separated at get into more trouble than he already was in. "Or, uh... haha... we should find Nut again. Do you think Nut would like Bug?" Bug was someone Oliver didn't know: some Auburn Springs kid who Oliver was convinced had it out for order and sanity, thriving in chaos and filth. After getting into a needlessly ferocious spat with them, Oliver James had quietly confiscated Oli's phone. Clearly, though, Oliver the Smaller was still perseverating on this. "They both have silly nicknames. Bug. Nut. Nut... bug... I think Nut is better than Bug. Bugs are gross. I also think Nut is better than Bug in general, like when..." He was rambling now, chirping on and on mostly to himself, rocking back on his heels and staring off into space with a sort of mystified expression. "I want my phone back."

Edibles usually didn't hit so fast, even for someone of Oliver's tiny size. It wasn't unusual for people of his neurological make-up to be hypersensitive to activating chemicals, though. For the moment he seemed to be enjoying himself, for the first time in god only knows how long. Unaware of the situation, Dreyfuss just believed Oliver James was his magic panic shield.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 9:14 AM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
... donna camus ...
MOOD

...is this still considered awkward...?

...the carnival...

TAGS

theo hery hery (silas mentioned)

Donna very strongly disliked being unable to find his words and feeling awkward, because there was no point in it. If he felt awkward, he would much rather just not speak, or speak firmly so as to not display that he felt awkward or shy. Stumbling over words amounted to nothing more than wasting time, energy, and effort on conversation that could be spent much better on remaining silent and considering one’s words just a bit more.

Thus, he was very disappointed in himself for having stammered and stumbled across his request to Theodore. Surely, he realized once the strange concoction of ahs and ellipses had left his mouth, his faltering had only served to confuse the other boy even more. Despite the antsiness and the pattering in his chest, he had believed that he would be at least slightly more tactful with his speech.

Then again, he wasn’t really surprised much at all. Though he was usually confident and firm, he also was not usually speaking about his sexual preferences and asking them to be kept under wraps. One did not find oneself in such a predicament very often.

“I hadn’t a problem making it known to Silas,” Donna said in his flat tone, “because he confronted me first. The first time that he ever spoke to me, he asked me to tell him how hot he was. I said a solid three.” He paused. “He kept pushing until I disregarded my resolve and admitted it.”

His eyes shifted back up to Theo. “To you, I said nothing about it. After all, I typically wouldn't simply bring up the fact that I'm sexually attracted to men in casual conversation, though I do now.” His lips were still rested in their natural, sour position.

“Silas was the one to make it known to you, what with his threat of exposing me if I ever spoke about seeing him do..." He paused, his expression remaining entirely neutral in the sad way it usually did. "...whatever he did Monday. I have already forgotten it.”

Donna’s fingers went to pull at the grass. “You’re blocking the sunlight,” he said to Theo bluntly, and then he paused again, his eyes shifting about Theo’s body. “…It wasn’t me who made it known to you and Silas.” His eyes focused on one of the buttons on his shirt. “I told him not to tell anyone, and the next thing he did was proposition a threesome.” He opened his mouth to say more, but he opted to remain quiet. He didn’t want to stumble over his words again.

He spoke after another moment, his voice still showing no real emotion. “I nearly was coerced into joining. I make no apologies on that front. Presently, I nearly wish that I had joined you both. The weed was good, and I ponder what it would have been like to try the..."

His words trailed off, and he cracked a smile for a split second, letting out a soft laugh before it fell. "This is all besides the point.” His eyes went back to Theo’s. “My point is that you two were never even supposed to find out. I didn’t fight back with Silas because I saw no point in denying what was true.”

Silently, he moved his eyes from Theo’s down to the ground. His eyes focused on one particular blade of grass. “I also have a difficulty lying to attractive boys, as is presently evidenced. You and others make me do such out of character things. I don't particularly like this fact.”

His eyes moved back up to the other boy’s. “Is that a sufficient answer, Theodore? I believe that I’ve elaborated plenty, have I not?”

code by ditto (head empty go bonk)

MOOD: this is...odd

OUTFIT: Black sweatpants and white jean jacket

basics
MENTIONS:
NA
INT:
Oli D ( Chimney Swift Chimney Swift )
tags
TL;DR Oli J is having an anxiety attack?.
tl;dr
Oliver James
This is...odd.

When Oliver Dreyfuss agreed with his sentiment, Oliver James frowned. He wasn’t supposed to agree! He was supposed to give Oliver a look that said “don’t be mean, you know that’s not true.” Oli D simply mimicked Oli J, by laying his head back against the wall behind him and smiling, teeth on full display. And was that...chocolate, caught there on one tooth? What had those heathens given him?

"We should play a game."

A game, really? Oliver D stood on shaky legs and reached for Oli’s hand. He was unable to keep himself from flinching back as a small, warm hand wrapped around his own, before, after a moment, he curled his own fingers gently around Oli D’s. Oli J stood, suddenly towering over his smaller other half. He hadn’t realized he was so...small. It had been a while since the two had hung out together, in person. Long overdue, too. He shoved his sketchbook into his large sweatshirt pocket, before turning his attention back to Oliver.

"Or, uh... haha... we should find Nut again. Do you think Nut would like Bug?"

Wasn’t he just with Nut? Why would he want to go back? And after the argument between Oliver D and Bug, why would he be worried about the two liking each other? What was going on?

“"They both have silly nicknames. Bug. Nut. Nut... bug... I think Nut is better than Bug. Bugs are gross. I also think Nut is better than Bug in general, like when..."

Oliver D was rambling, sort of spaced out and distant, and Oliver couldn’t keep from frowning, unable to do anything but stand there and listen. He was fairly certain that if he talked, Oli wouldn’t hear him.

"I want my phone back."

Oliver J sighed, shaking his head at the smaller boy. “You’re not getting your phone back. And you can’t seriously want to hang out with Bug or Nut. They’re both idiots,” he growled, scowling. He began to walk, gently tugging Oli along. They would wander until his friend made a better decision.

“We can play a game, though, if you’d like. Did you have any in mind?” He asked, pausing for a moment, his hand still engulfing Oli’s. It felt weird, to have another person touching him so casually. He didn’t know if he liked it.

Anxiety was prickling at the back of his brain still, making his heart beat in an odd way, his breathing coming out in long, drawn out sighs. His throat and chest felt tight, like someone was sitting on it. How odd. This usually didn’t happen unless he was in the confines of his own room.

Regardless, he stood, waiting once again for Oli D to answer him. He hoped the boy didn't truly wish to go see Nut and Bug. He couldn’t explain it, but the thought of Oli with other people, having fun made him...sad. It was odd.

Everything was odd.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: Giggly Mess

OLIVER DREYFUSS

Oliver narrowed his eyes and hissed in frustration as the other Oliver denied him access to his phone. He didn't argue the point further, knowing better than to be petulant about it. Still, annoying. That was his phone-- Oliver J. wasn't his dad. He didn't even have one of those anymore. This really wasn't fair. Besides, Bug was still out there committing crimes against the English language (something Oliver treasured dearly), and that thought drilled at his mind until he felt like he'd rupture something trying to hold the frustration in.

They stopped for a brief moment as Oliver J. waited for Oliver D. to answer him. The latter had mostly forgotten what had been asked, blinking in confusion before it swam back into his memory. He laughed awkwardly, letting that last train of thought disappear down the tracks.

"Oh! I want to win a prize." Oliver stated simply, still at a loss for a more specific suggestion. He let himself be tugged along by the hand, finding the touch weirdly anchoring, in a way. He kept glancing down at his broken other hand, realizing he now didn't really have a free hand he could use. "I've never done that before, except for the underclassmen awards at school, and those are just for grade averages per quarter... haha, Theo didn't get as many as I did. That's because I..." he trailed off, suddenly looking a bit sick. He hadn't meant to wind himself into the sore subject of his own academic performance. As far as any of his friends knew, he was still top of his class, and Oliver preferred that it stay that way. He abruptly and clumsily changed the subject. "If you win, do they let you pick? Do you think they have turtle themed prizes? Sea turtles are so cool." He started giggling again, something about the mental image of a giant sea turtle at a high school carnival sending him into a burst of amusement. He glanced back up at Oliver James, who was not laughing. Rather, he looked uncharacteristically alert and severe. Or, perhaps not entirely uncharacteristic, but Oliver Dreyfuss remembered a softer, friendlier James from years ago, before the accident, and something about the way the taller boy was breathing reminded him of something that made him viscerally uneasy. Quick-- new thought, something, anything-- Turtles? Turtles. "It's like... haha... what if..." He never finished the thought.

code by valen t.

location?
home.
interactions?
conrad ( sunshineysoul sunshineysoul ).
mood?
happy, relaxed.
outfit?
[ x ].
stephen coxx.
Summer in Ambridge was so much nicer than summers back home. He didn't have to wake up at the ass crack of dawn and start working on the farm with his brothers, although, Stephen - who much preferred Henny or Hen over his full name because it was too 'formal' - was more than likely sneaking off into one of the pastures with the cows, sketch book and pens and pencils in hand to avoid any and all labor he had to do. and as soon as his parents caught wind of this, probably because Colton had snitched on him, it proved to be an issue, well at least to Mr. and Mrs. Coxx.

"We didn't raise you to do these sort of things!" They'd said. "To go behind our back and sneak off not doing what you've been told?" Now, they'd never hit him or severely punished him, they had always just added to the workload for the day, but this time, it wasn't the case. And honestly? It was probably the best 'punishment' Hens could have received.

See, Stephen's parents ultimately decided to ship him off to Vermont with his aunt, whom he'd met once a good few years back, and her girlfriend. As far as he could remember when he met her when he was maybe nine or ten was that she was a photographer and dabbled a bit in art herself. While he was excited to see his aunt again and actually see something outside of Texas, he was thrilled to see the friend he'd met so long ago when he had visited Ambridge.

Conrad lived next door to his aunt, and having someone his age (and not his brothers or sisters) to play and be a fool with was great for the week and a half was great. After leaving, Henny had tried to keep in touch with his new found friend, but it was a little hard when your parents were kind of against allowing the kids use phones or the computer. But, they'd managed to maintain a friendship over the years.

Then summer hit, Hen informed Connie he was moving to Ambridge. Stephen had barely settled down in his new room before him and Conrad were hanging out and spending what days they could during the summer. It led to a lot of all-nighters, plenty of sleepovers, and stupid and useless feelings to be formed (which Henny cursed himself for liking practically the first boy that showed him any attention).

---​

Currently, Stephen was in his room, laying on the floor with his legs propped up on his bed with his eyes scanned over the text of the book he was holding. Conrad was...well Henny had no clue. Either raiding the kitchen or off bothering his dog, Rooster, since he wasn't in the room either. Setting the book to the side and picked up his phone, unlocking it and scrolling through his social medias.

Ah, that's right, Auburn Springs was having some carnival. That reminded him of home and how there was a small fair put on every year which felt like all of twelve people came round (but it was realistically it was probably a good ten dozen people would come).

The brunette boy moved his legs in order to sit up and stood to his feet. With his phone in hand, abandoning his book on the floor, he maneuvered out of his room in search of his friend. "Hey, Connie!" he called out into the house, which was empty of his aunt and her girlfriend. "School is doing that carnival. Do you wanna go?"
city of angels is where i have my fun
coded by incandescent

mood

distracted/brooding

carnival

outfit

x!

tags

interactions: dexter hery hery
mentions: n/a

serenity

hell is empty, all the devils are here

“Yeah don’t mention it.” Ren waved Dexter off. She hadn’t fixed his look to be sweet. With his hair styled so professionally and his clothes all dressy he reminded her of a lawyer or maybe what she had expected Auburn students to look like when she had first arrived at the school. Either way she didn’t like it and her adjustments had been an improvement, the look didn’t suit him at all. Briefly Ren wondered just how far he’d let her go in with styling him. She smirked in amusement as an image of Dexter with stilettos acrylics popped up in her mind. She knew that he’d probably poke an eye out or something.

Ren raised an eyebrow when Dexter spoke again, saying that he would get three candy apples for himself. She shook her head in disbelief. “There’s no way that you’re gonna finish all of that. Is your stomach bottomless or something? But yeah we can split one.” Unlike Dexter, Ren did not have the appetite of a tiger shark. She had read once that they ate just about anything in their path and Ren thought that Dexter was pretty much the same way. She hadn’t forgotten about the ten churros he had mentioned on Twitter either.

“These nicknames aren’t cute.” She grumbled but her words held no heat.

Ren couldn’t remember having so much fun before, well fun that didn’t involve harm to herself or others, wrecking things, and getting into trouble. Those had all been factors that Ren believed were crucial to have in order to have a good time. She was willing to admit that this was also pretty nice. After sharing a candy apple with Dexter the two of them had been to all sorts of booths. Ren’s personal favorite had been the dunk tank, where she had dunked the person with her hands after realizing the game was rigged. They had gotten them banned from the game but she didn’t care.

Her past trip to the carnival was only a distant memory at best. And that alone put her in a better mood. It showed through the way she grinned rather than smirk menacingly, though she still managed to scare a few with her fangs though. Her face no longer held its usual mean mug either. And at some point she had relaxed and became playful. Her little shoves and punches throughout the day weren’t used to hurt.

“Yo, this is really good.” Ren was currently enjoying a funnel cake with lots of powdered sugar and strawberry syrup that left her full lips a little red, even after licking them. She paused when she caught sight of a balloon popping game. She rolled her eyes and nudged Dexter, gesturing to the game. “Do you think that all of these games are rigged? Because I haven’t seen many people win something from them since I got here.”

nine lives

Darby Baldwin

Mood: Excited
Outfit:Cute!
Interactions: Max ( Chimney Swift Chimney Swift )

While Max thought, her eyes wandered, although always kept him in her peripheral. There were some people coming in that she recognized and many that she didn't, which was slightly stressful as usual, but also exciting - as usual. Her curious blue eyes flitted back to her friend's hands when they started moving again.

Ring toss? She tipped her head at his attempted joke appropriately, then smiled and nodded with her nose all wrinkled up and eyes slitted. "A good idea."

She gave Murphy's leash a little tug, almost distracting him from Max's laces, then another as she offered the rabbit to her grandmother to lead. It was a little easier to talk if one of her hands wasn't tied down to a giant, fluffy, nibbly beast.

With some of Max's guidance, they walked and hopped deeper into the crowds of the carnival, chatting idly as they went. A couple times, Darby glanced over her shoulder to make sure they weren't leaving her grandmother in the dust, and to make sure Murphy wasn't getting into trouble of any kind. Of course not. He's an angel with floppy ears. Plus, the treats they brought along seemed to help motivate him not to chew on absolutely every shoe or toe they walked by.

When they reached the row of game booths, the ginger darling paused and grinned, fingers twitching excitedly. There were so many things to choose from. "Ring toss?" She pointed down the row and rocked on her heels as if to say let's go!

MOOD: this is...odd

basics
MENTIONS:
NA
INT:
tags
TL;DR Oli J is having an anxiety attack?.
tl;dr
Oliver James
Pick a game, any game.

As Oliver Dreyfuss rambled, more to himself than to Oliver James, he sighed, feeling twitchy and uneasy. “A turtle…?” He asked, a brow raised. “You want a turtle? Why not something cool, like….” he searched his brain for a minute before continuing. “Like a lion or a shark?”

Games. Prizes. Yes, they could do that. Oliver let out a long sigh through his nose, before tugging Oli D towards the row of games towards the back of the fair. “What...what sort of game do you want to play?” He asked, frowning. How the younger Oliver would play with only one hand was beyond him. And that was if he relinquished his grip on Oliver’s hand.

What they really should have been doing was seeing the doctor immediately, before Dreyfuss managed to hurt himself even more. It was like the boy was a magnet for accidents, and just the thought of it almost had Oliver dragging him back the other way, towards the car. Instead, they continued marching forwards, towards rigged games and giant stuffed animals. Besides, even if he would never admit it, Oliver J was glad to be here. Being with Oli D always soothes some anxious part of him that worried constantly about the well being of the other. It was like, if they were together, Oliver could make sure nothing bad ever happened to his younger counterpart.

As a man who appreciated science, Oliver was unable to keep from comparing themselves to two molecules. Like oxygen, maybe. When split apart they were useless and itching to right whatever ionic bond had been lost. When together, something stable was formed. While it is important to note that Oliver James enjoyed science, it is also important to know that he doesn’t know jack shit about ionic bonds, and so that comparison, while it made sense to him, probably didn’t contain any truth.

“I don’t know how you expect to play any games with your hand all messed up,” Oliver said, with a pointed glance down at Oli’s mangled other hand. “And I’m certainly not playing, so it seems to me like we’re in a bit of a predicament,” he continued, making sure to keep his voice snarky and nonchalant. While Oliver was fine admitting to himself that he enjoyed the other’s company, he had to be sure Oli didn’t know that. Oliver James didn’t have friends, after all. And that was how he liked it. Right?

Scowling, Oliver came to a stop in the middle of the row of games. “Here we are. Now pick a game,” he demanded, itching to cross his arms over his chest. It was a gesture he used often, but with his hand still intertwined with Oli’s, he couldn’t exactly do it. How annoying.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: oh god
interaction ❜ Darby, Robbie queanbean queanbean Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy

MAX BERKOWITZ

Oh, good! She liked his idea. Max seemed to chill out a bit, smiling a little more genuinely. It was just easy to be himself around Darby. She was one of those people he couldn't find a single flaw in. Even her giant rabbit was incredibly charming (though he may we down a shoelace now... oh dear). He really wasn't one to get too close to people. Not because he was guarding some deep emotional wound or anything... just because he'd grown up reserved: buttoning his shirts all the way, letting people cut him off in traffic, not raising his hand unless prompted to.

They made their way to the ring toss booth, manned by a tall girl Max didn't know. Unsurprisingly, as Max hardly knew anyone and the school was now half-populated by students from the next town over. No doubt she wouldn't understand him. Good thinking on Darby's part to bring her grandmother along. If Max had two brain cells to rub together, he'd have brought a chaperone as well, but...

He kept his attention on Robbie, asking "how much for two to play?" A little slower than he usually would've, not knowing how Darby's grandmother preferred to interpret. Ouch, this was a little awkward. Max did his best to just smile and fake his way through it... being visibly uncomfortable in front of one of his few friends was not how he wanted to spend the day.

code by valen t.

MOOD: ouch

OLIVER DREYFUSS

"I think turtles are cool." Oliver was barely able to contain himself. "They're so unlike other reptiles that... that if we wanna classify them as such, there's no reason why birds aren't reptiles." Oliver James had walked right into a turtle infodump that would only end when High Oliver inevitably forgot what he was doing. "But like alligators, the sex of the hatchlings depends on the temperature of the nest, which means that some years... some years there's such a disparity that it causes problems later on when the turtles go to mate. That's not why sea turtles are endangered, though. All seven species of sea turtle are, uh... sea turtles... only an estimated 1 out of 1000 baby sea turtles survives to be an adult. Baby sea turtles are kind of like bridgers. They're abandoned before birth and just come out of their shells and... haha... they just... they just swim out to sea. That's a simile. I'm good at those now. A simile is when..." He'd changed the subject, but was now just rattling off facts about his favorite literary device. God, whatever Xan had given him was some powerful shit.

The whole way down to the games, he kept going on and on, jumping from topic to topic, stumbling along after his friend as he kept getting distracted by his surroundings. This was the best kind of overwhelming, really-- something new and exciting and bright and fascinating at every corner. They passed by a girl with a giant rabbit on a leash, which Oliver D. thought was the most brilliant idea ever. How cool would it be to just have a rabbit to bring everywhere? A rabbit... rabbits were lagomorphs, distinct from rodents by a few key features including an extra set of incisors. Oliver never got to see rabbits... they didn't fare well in cities. He imagined Auburn Springs would have more wild rabbits.

“I don’t know how you expect to play any games with your hand all messed up,” Older Oliver chastised as they arrived in the middle of the fair where all the game booths were set up. Somehow, Younger Oliver found this ridiculously amusing. "I have two hands, Oliver!" He was nearly in hysterics over the thought that Taller Oliver had forgotten how many hands a typical human had, sans defects or amputation, which... wasn't at all what he'd said or implied, but Smaller Oliver's brain was just doing cartwheels at the moment. "Look! You've got one, and then there's-- OW! SHIT! Uhhh... ugh..." He'd flexed his left hand back at the wrist and suddenly wasn't laughing anymore. Crashing down from his THC-induced giggle spell into a harsh reality where his hand was broken and it was noisy and crowded... it sent him reeling. He found himself trying to pull away from Oliver J as if about to take off running again, but he didn't. He just gritted his teeth and waited for his nerves to stop screaming.

code by valen t.

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 1:00 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Rory
INTERACTIONS

Link

MENTIONS

N/A

"Right, forgot you're kind of an annoying little fuck." Rory commented with a smirk. It was kind of nice to know that, even if they hadn't talked in fucking forever, things between them hadn't really changed.

They came to a halt outside of the fair and Rory looked towards him, one eyebrow tilting up as she listened to his proposition. And his little sob story -- wow, how sad. He got an entire fucking guest house to himself and was called a charity case. Rory would've killed for that kind of opportunity at this point. Not that the Smiths were a bad foster family, but she was really fucking tired of the one working bathroom in a household of ten. Fuck, people could call her whatever they wanted if it meant she got a house to herself.

A crooked grin flashed across her face. "With a hundred bucks..." she pondered it for a moment, her hands sliding into the pockets of her jacket as she glanced towards the fair. There were plenty of water shooting games if Zane and Ian decided to try and set shit on fire, and there were plenty of adults that would probably stop them from doing anything too dumb...

Alright, she'd decided. It would be a lot more fun to get the fuck away from here. Get into trouble somewhere else, right? Like, what the fuck was there even at a fair that she would find enjoyable? Rory didn't want to waste money on any fucked up games and fuck the rides -- carnival rides were always just cheap, vomit-stained versions of the better ones at amusement parks. If Rory wasn't eighty feet in the air with the cart of her rollercoaster threatening to tip over, she didn't want to ride.

"A lot of fucking trouble," she agreed, flashing a grin at Link. "C'mon -- we'll at least buy some fucking alcohol and then maybe come back so your new mommy doesn't flip wondering where you are and call the cops or some shit." Alcohol would make this a lot more fucking tolerable, though. Alcohol made everything better, though, to be fair.

Rory brushed past Link and started down the sidewalk away from the fucking fair. "There's this liquor store that doesn't even fucking card you. They'll sell you whatever the fuck you want, no questions asked. Great ass place."

Even if they did card, Rory of course had a fake ID -- it was just easier if she could buy the shit without having to wave it around and have that risk of them finding out it was a fake.

MOOD: ahuyheufyhvufe

basics
MENTIONS:
NA
INT:
tags
TL;DR Oli J is having an anxiety attack? Welp now Oli D is too. This is great.
tl;dr
Oliver James
Please just calm down.

Oliver James should have expected his offhand comment about turtles and sharks and lions to turn into an ecology class. He really should have. But, alas, he didn’t, and so now he was stuck, listening to the rambling words of the other Oliver, words that he was now trying his best to drown out. It wasn’t helping his anxiety, and he sure as hell didn’t want a science lesson in the middle of what was supposed to be a fair.

While it was previously noted that Oliver enjoyed science, and that he doesn’t know jack shit about the subject, one should now note that he sure as hell wasn’t planning on furthering his knowledge unless it was required curriculum in school. And even then, that would be a push.

He was doing a fucking good job of not listening, too, until a shout was heard from the boy besides him, and Oliver could feel Dreyfuss pulling away, as if trying to escape. Scowling, he turned to the shorter Oliver. “What the fuck are you—“ he cut off as he realized what had happened. His face softened a bit, before he continued. “Hey—hey, I’m sorry,” Oliver said softly, kneeling down in front of Oli.

He reached out and took Oli’s injured hand in his own, as gently as possible. Shit. They should have just gone to the doctor’s. Oliver loosed a breath through his nose, before setting Oli’s hand back down and standing, his anxiety now off the charts. It seemed that Oli D’s was as well—the boy was trembling, his breath coming out in panicked rasps, and his eyes wide, like a deer in headlights. Shit. Hell if he knew how to comfort someone. He didn’t even like people!

“Uhh...hey! It’s alright. Just...just look at me, yeah?” He said softly, taking a second to move them out of the middle of the pathway and to a less crowded area. What did normal people do when their friend was upset? He thought for a moment, hating every option that came to his mind. Oliver certainly wasn’t going to hug him, or let the boy cry on his shoulder. No way. Crying made him uncomfortable, made him feel vulnerable.

He had to distract Oli. That was it. Distract him until he calmed down and Oliver could get his own damn thoughts in order. But how would he do that if Oli’s eyes were darting everywhere, unable to focus on anything? Shit. Without thinking, Oliver reached out with both hands and placed them on either side of Oli’s face, turning his head gently to face him. He sent a quick prayer to whatever god was out there that this wouldn’t make Oli panic more, before speaking.

“Hey, just look at me, okay? You’re alright. You can’t ever get hurt when I’m here, alright?” He murmured, pinning his blue eyes on Oli’s brown ones. Was it working? He couldn’t tell. “All these people—just forget about them. It’s just me ‘n’ you, Oli J and Oli D, okay? Just like it has been since you popped out of the womb and your mother just had to name you after me,” Oliver added, a small laugh bubbling in his chest. This whole situation felt surreal, somehow, like he wasn’t supposed to be here.

“Now you’re going to calm down, or I’m going to have to drag you to the doctor’s, and I don’t particularly want to do that,” he demanded quietly, his gaze never leaving Oli’s. “We can go, if you’d like. Anywhere you want. Or we can still go win one of those stupid turtles,” he continued. His hands were still planted firmly on Oli’s cheeks. “Just tell me what you want to do, Oli. Please.”

He seemed to be saying that a lot today. Please. It felt strange, like his own tongue was foreign to him. And if it had been anyone else in front of him, Oliver would have never said it. But Oliver Dreyfuss was different somehow. The rules that Oliver had so carefully given himself and others were nonexistent. Maybe it was their shared name, or maybe it was the fact that he was the only one who had never looked at Oliver without an ounce of contempt or disappointment. Maybe it was because Oli was his oldest friend, and no matter how much Oliver yelled, or sighed or pushed him away he didn’t leave.

Hell if he knew.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: ouch

OLIVER DREYFUSS

The next several moments went by in fragments, cut apart by the ringing in Oliver's ears and the white flashes that disrupted his vision. One second, Taller Oliver knelt in front of him, his anxious apology going without an answer because his sidekick was hyperventilating and couldn't get a word out. The next second, they were off the main footpath, the sudden scenery change giving poor Oliver whiplash. The other Oliver was still talking, sounding like he was doing everything in his power to hold himself together. His words, though, continued to fall on unlistening ears. Smaller Oliver was white as a sheet, cradling his injured limb and sucking in air through his clenched teeth. Unlike him to not already be in tears by this point... maybe it was because he was still high as a kite, or hell, maybe he was finally growing up a little. He was, after all, a solid 15 years of age. As much as he acted like it at times, he wasn't a tiny child. Much closer, rather, to being a young adult. And yet, despite this, he always seemed to require an extra set of hands to get out of his frequent predicaments.

Oliver J's hands reached out, and before Oliver D could process what was happening, he felt a hand on either cheek.
No. Too much. Younger Oliver froze up, finding himself unable to break his gaze from Oliver J's eyes... he felt like he'd stopped breathing. This was the kind of intense that could make someone forget a broken hand... at least someone who usually avoided eye contact like the plague. He didn't hate it, it just... made it hard to talk, or think, or move.

The older of the boys spoke, but it just sounded too hazy and far away to make any sense. He felt the ground beneath him start to tilt, his field of vision warping as if seen through a curved mirror. Oh no. He forced his eyes shut, struggling to take in a full breath and let it out just a little bit slower.

Don't pass out. Don't pass out. Don't pass out.

He didn't. He probably had weed to thank for that, though he didn't know it. But still, for all the world, he still felt like he was going to go out like a light at any moment. Eyes still closed, he pushed the stabbing pain in his hand aside and tried to listen to whatever it was other Oliver was still saying.

“Just tell me what you want to do, Oli. Please.” Oliver J never said please... well, rarely, anyhow. Oliver D didn't know what he wanted to do, though. He just wanted the pain to stop, to turn back time just a couple of minutes and talk about sea turtles some more. He opened his eyes, meeting Oliver J's blue stare again. "I want to go home." He answered in a fatigued sort of tone, the only phrase that would fully formulate in his head. It wasn't true, at least not entirely: Oliver had been really excited about spending some quality time with his counterpart. Foolish of him to think he could handle a crowded fair. He shouldn't have left Dani's place. But going back right now wasn't really an option, anyway. He knew he was being dragged to the doctor's at some point or another. He had just hoped to get to have a good day for the first time since... hell even knows.

code by valen t.

HENRIETTA THOMAS
sz7DJ33.gif
Henri took the money from Raven as she felt a red heat creep up above her neckline. She keenly remembered Raven’s childish attempt to kiss her. Henri was pretty sure she ran and hid in the closet to avoid the younger girl. And she never lets me forget that. She poked her tongue out at Raven, before replying back.

“Pfft. It’s Ambridge, Raven. No one here has a million dolla–“
Henri froze at the sudden interruption from Katee.

“Raven? Kissing Henri? Like, first kiss? I thought that you never kissed anyone before? Are you kissing her? You’re Henri’s first kiss, Raven!”

Remember that red, creeping blush? Cue red-faced Henri.

“What the fuck, Nut!?” Henri thumped her fists on the table as she rose to her feet, her chair kicking out behind her. She shot a glare towards Katee. What the fuck? Why did he have to open his mouth? ...I’m gonna kill him.

“Raven is not my–! I mean, I... Ugh. Piss off!” She was floundering, and she felt the heat of embarrassment sweep over her.

Henri regretted the fact that he ever found out about her, well, lack of a first kiss. However, she was not in the mood to deal with this... predicament, right now. I have far too much shit on my plate to get kicked out over this. Instead, she thought she could settle for an attempt to make Katee go away, or hopefully, she could ignore him enough that she could pretend this never happened. Luckily, it seemed for the moment that Katee had moved on to poke at Mason – and for that, she was relieved.

Settling back into her chair, Henri put her face in her hands in an attempt to hide her blush. Her hair fell around her and created a a brief curtain of privacy as she processed the situation. It’s not a big deal right? Or is it? Was it stupid of me to think this was something that I could hide from forever? Fuck.

Feeling her anxiety skyrocket, she flicked her eyes over to Raven and attempted to brush the situation away. “Sorry, Raven. This is, well – a mess.”
OUTFIT: Comfy hugs
INTERACTIONS: Raven, Mason & Katee
MENTIONS: N/A
TAGS: Soap Soap , Winona Winona & ditto ditto

MOOD: ahuyheufyhvufe

basics
MENTIONS:
NA
INT:
tags
TL;DR Oli J is having an anxiety attack? Welp now Oli D is too. This is great.
tl;dr
Oliver James
The horrible truth...

"I want to go home."

Oliver sighed. He could do that. Even if it killed him. “You want to go home? Yeah...yeah I can bring you home,” he said, finally letting his hands drop from Oli’s cheeks. It bothered him, how defeated his friend sounded. What had happened to set this off? Was it the crowd of people? Was it Oliver’s own anxiety rubbing off on his younger friend? He just wanted to help, but damn him he didn’t know how. This was the exact reason Oliver didn’t have friends. He always ended up making things worse. Always ended up hurting them somehow.

Oliver swallowed the lump in his throat, before continuing. “I...yeah. Come on, the car’s not too far. I’m sorry,” he mumbled, reaching out to take Oli’s uninjured hand again, but dropping it at the last second. His younger counterpart didn’t look like he wanted to be touched. Especially not by him. He sighed again, his shoulders slumping, before searching for a path to the car containing the least people. How he would get Oli there without his friend wandering off or running away, he didn’t know. But he’d figure it out.

After choosing an acceptable path, Oliver turned back to Oli D, surveying him for a moment, frowning. He was trembling, eyes red tinged, and the kid was still hyperventilating. All signs of an anxiety attack, and yet something was off. Typically, when things were this bad Oli would cry, or yell, or pass out. He was doing none of those things. What had those idiots given him?

“Oliver I am going to ask you this one time and one time only,” he said with a deadly quiet in his voice. He wasn’t angry at Oli, not really, but he needed to know. “What the fuck did they give you, hmm?”

It took everything he had not to go track those idiots Xander and Nut and whoever the fuck was with them down and find out from them just what they’d fed Oli. Maybe he still would, depending on what his friend said. If the answer were anything other than “nothing”, they were dead. The fingers of Oliver’s hands clenched and unclenched repeatedly, as he listened for the words that would damn Oli D’s supposed friends.

Are you much better?, the nagging voice at the back of his head said. Some days it sounded like his mother, other days Rosalie, or his father. Today the voice was his own. Yes. Fuck off. He closed his eyes for a moment, still waiting. No you’re not. You’re just as bad as them, if not worse. His eyes opened, and he stared down at Oliver Dreyfuss. This was his fault. If he hadn’t said anything, hadn’t told him to come here, he wouldn’t be panicking. Sure, he’d surely be getting up to some mischief with the others, but he wouldn’t be hurting. Wouldn’t be upset.

And perhaps that truth upset him more than anything else.

“I’m so sorry. This is my fault. It’s all my fault.”

—-

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: foggy

OLIVER DREYFUSS

Wait, Oliver was really going to take him home? Smaller Oliver suddenly recognized the implications and started to backpedal. "What? I... I thought we were going to fix my hand first. Haha, I, uh... and Dani probably needs a break from me actually. I'm irritating." The last bit he said with no sort of apologetic intonation, as though it were a simple statement of fact. He shifted on his feet, bringing his now free right hand to his face and raking his fingers down the side of his cheek in a vain attempt to ease some of the anxiety. His taller crewmate muttered an apology, seeming to scout out where he'd left the car while Dreyfuss backed away a few steps, still looking abiut as shaken as if he'd just pulled himself out of a car crash.

Taller Oliver turned back to him, and he instinctively ducked his head down and averted his gaze, defensively drawing his limbs in to shrink himself down. “Oliver I am going to ask you this one time and one time only," Oliver J started, with a chill in his voice that his friend misinterpreted as anger towards him. He steeled himself mentally to beg for forgiveness or run away if he had to, though everything seemed to have slowed down immensely and it was hard to piece words together in his brain because they kept being interrupted by outside noises. “What the fuck did they give you, hmm?”

Oh. That wasn't nearly as terrifying as Oliver had anticipated. He wasn't entirely solid on what the hell Oli J actually meant, though. What did they give him? "Anxiety." He answered in a heartbeat, no thought whatsoever seeming to go into that response-- to his credit, he wasn't exactly wrong. He then realized that this likely wasn't the answer his friend was looking for and laughed awkwardly, fidgeting with his clothes and seeming to glance around for a place to hide. "Sanders brought us brownies," He meant Xander. He had to be forgiven for this error; he'd only just met the guy and the only things he could remember about him was his double-jointed thumb and penchant for graffiti. "And then he wanted us to paint dicks on buildings, but Katee wanted to do the kissing booth, and Darwin probably wanted to throw up, but I didn't want to do any of those things so I left." Recalling these events, tracing his steps back to a few minutes ago, seemed to put the kid at ease. He risked a look back at the other Oliver, a nervous smile forming as he seemed to hold back another spontaneous fit of laughter... or maybe tears. It was hard to tell with Oliver D, especially given the state he was in.

"I wanted to be with you. You wouldn't make me kiss Mason. Or vandalize. Or vomit. Or, uh... you would... you're..." There he went again, losing track of his words. He had sort of short-circuited halfway through the sentence and was now replaying images of turtles in his head, the last normal calm thing he could remember thinking about. One had to admit that sea turtles were quite majestic and soothing. He had taken on a lethargic sort of demeanor, his eyelids heavy, eyes unfocused and dilated, breathing starting to slow back down to a normal pace. He tilted slightly on his heels, finding just standing still to be something of a balancing act. Normally he would never have calmed down this fast, but his emotional state seemed to be flicking back and forth like a light switch. Even he sort of realized this wasn't normal. "I feel weird." He remarked uncertainly, though not as a complaint. Just a neutral observation.
code by valen t.

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 1:00 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Link
INTERACTIONS

Rory

MENTIONS

N/A

TAGS

Winona Winona

"Right, forgot you're kind of an annoying little fuck." Rory commented with a smirk.

“Nice to know you’re still the cold-hearted bitch I remember.” Link said returning her smirk. It was an unexpected surprise that Link had to admit he was happy about. The last year in Auburn Springs had been…lonely. Sure, the digs were better, but he didn’t have anything in common with the Springers and the constant fear of stepping out of line and somehow ending up back in foster care scared the hell out of him.

A crooked grin flashed across her face. "With a hundred bucks..."

He glanced over at Rory when they came to a stop just outside the fair. A grin appeared on her face and Link knew exactly what that meant. She had a plan or at least one was forming inside her head. If she hadn’t changed over the years, then he knew that it would be: illegal. Potentially dangerous. And one hell of a good time.

Trouble. That’s all they caused when they were in foster care together. But it was harmless, most of the time and it allowed for them to forget the shitty hand that they’d been dealt for a little while at least.

Rory brushed past him and he glanced over at the gates. “She won’t even notice if I’m not there.” He said with a huff. It was a bad idea. He knew it was. But he didn’t give a shit. He was tired of playing by the list of rules his stepmom decreed. Tired of not having any fun. He was just tired.

Glancing back at Rory he sped up his pace until he’d caught up with her. “Leave it to you to know of the only liquor store in Auburn Springs that doesn’t card.” A light chuckle escaped his mouth. “As long as we don’t get that fruity shit you got last time. I’d prefer it if I didn’t puke pink over a freeway overpass today.” He said jokingly as he recalled one of the last times they had hung out.

Raven was already making some kind of quip how she'd have a million dollars by the end of tonight to pay for Henri's kiss, but suddenly Katee had come up and the words that fell from his lips was much more interesting than anything Raven had to say. She rose an eyebrow towards Henri and didn't say anything, hoping she'd continue to explain. How has she never been kissed? Look at her. An amused smile was plastered on the brunette's face, flipping the compact closed-- Henri now had her full attention. "Sorry? No, no, no. There's nothing to apologize for." Raven reassured her friend, glancing around the carnival for any worthy partners-- or well, donators, really.

"You really never kissed... anyone? I mean, no judgement babe. But... It's a little disappointing. At least for everyone else's sake. I mean, sheesh. How could you be so selfish?" She teased, her smile falling instantly at Mason's attitude. She had invited him here to help her out, or at the very least just to have fun together, why was he always so uptight?

Okay, well, Raven should know the answer to that question.

But he truly didn't have to be here if he didn't want to be. Two hands slammed-- gently, against the wooden table. She has had enough of Mason's childish antics. Raven bit her tongue from saying anything a little too harsh, especially in front of the three-year old. But let's be honest here, was the three year old here Ari or Mason? "You know what? You're off the leash, pup. Shoo. I don't need you here." Well... it was sort of true too, hardly anyone approached Mason from his angry face alone. Raven might've even threw in her own five bucks out of pity, but now? Definitely not.

She hardly cared if he continued to spit back whatever he could, instead, talking over him and focusing at the matter at hand.

"I'm gonna teach you-- not steal your first kiss, but at the very least get you ready for it. I just need... a worthy candidate first." Her gaze flickered through the crowd when she spotted non other than a springer themselves.

Was it worth it?

She wasn't sure, but pissing Mason off just sounded oh-so-fun. The brunette suppressed the smirk that threatened to break through, side-eying Mason for a split second before diverting her attention towards Auburn Springs' very own douchebag of a prince. "Hey, CK!" Raven waved him over, not even bothering to glance at Mason as she did so, already feeling his questionable gaze on her as she did so.

"Care to donate? Mr. Freud? It's for an incredibly good cause, I'll have you know. Not only you'll have us out of here quicker, but-- wait for it... you're gonna help me give little Henri here some pointers." Henri was older than her-- but that wasn't relevant here whatsoever. She might've been older, but Raven was much more experienced.

Her gaze fell to his lips, raising a brow before meeting his eyes with a low-lidded stare.

"Besides, you get a little something out of it too."
Raven
INTERACTIONS:: Henri, Mason, CK,

MENTIONS: Katee

TAGS: Nixiee Nixiee Winona Winona ditto ditto
code by valen t.

mood

amused

carnival

outfit

x!

tags

interactions: raven Soap Soap Mason Winona Winona
mentions: n/a

aaliyah

til’ death, do we art

This hadn’t been the first time that Aaliyah had gone to the yearly Auburn Carnival. Every so often when she was free Aaliyah would take her brother as a treat for him. He absolutely adored the games and different foods available, especially the food. The memories brought a smile to her face. If only he could have come with her this time around. Instead he had to go out of town for his usual appointment with his occupational therapist. But Aaliyah would make sure to bring something back for him, maybe a stuffed animal or some fried oreos. Either way she knew that he would appreciate it.

Aaliyah had arrived at the carnival early in order to start taking pictures. Given her reputation in the art and photography side of the towns the school had tasked her with taking pictures of the booths and the people enjoying themselves. Aaliyah hadn’t asked for money, instead she’d agreed to do it so long as they credited her properly. It was one of her easier jobs she’d admit. For the majority of the carnival she had taken pictures of everything, even stopping a few people to take pictures of them and their families. But now she was starting to get a little bored and decided that it was time for a much needed break. She had more than enough photos currently and could take more later.

For a while she played the different games that caught her eye and in the process, she won a cute stuffed dog for her brother. Aaliyah was just about to start taking pictures again when a certain booth caught her eye. She couldn’t help but smile in amusement. To think that they had actually been serious about a kissing booth on Twitter. And to think that the school even allowed it, then again it was for the sake of charity Aaliyah made her way over, catching sight of familiar faces as she got closer. She managed to catch some of Raven’s words as she spoke.

“I wasn’t sure that you were serious about this and I can’t believe that you were actually allowed to go through with it.” Aaliyah smiled at Raven before turning to the Mason, his face as grumpy as usual. She seemed to think something over and reached to open her purse up to pull out a five. “The things we do for charity. But this isn’t too bad I guess. There could be worse options. I hope that you aren’t allergic to brown sugar scented things.” Aaliyah’s tone was playful. While not extremely close Mason was someone that she’d call a friend.

nine lives

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 9:14 AM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
... katee nausbaum ...
MOOD

cupcakes! yay!

carnival!

TAGS

xan Winona Winona darwin Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy (henri, raven, and mason mentioned Nixiee Nixiee Soap Soap )

Katee blinked at Mason, realizing after the words left his mouth how not-good that the decision to say that he’d kiss him was. A frown came onto his face, and his brows knitted. “Smoking gives you cancer…,” he said. “They can also irritate asthmatics and cause asthma attacks! They’re not good for you!” He knew that Mason wouldn’t listen to him, but it was his duty to tell the truth, especially at times like these!

His eyes went to Henri and Raven as Raven began to tease at Mason, and he shook his head slightly, letting out a soft huff of air as he poked out his lip for a moment and wiggled his shoulders. Hungh, this was a kissing booth! Wasn’t he supposed to get a kiss or something?

“Xanman,” he said, looking at Xan with his brows still knit. “This is the kissing booth! So, like, kisses...?” He huffed a sigh. He was confused. “Like, kissing, right?” He huffed another sigh, rubbing his lips together. Nope. No answers were coming to him as to why there were no kisses waiting for him at the booth. Nada.

“Another brownie?” he requested, reaching out for the pan and trying to grab another brownie from the pan. He ended up grabbing one that wasn’t cut very well, and off came three others with it— three that promptly fell to the ground.

“My brownies!” Nut gasped, staring down at them. He looked over at Xan and Darwin with a huff.

Five-second rule?

He bent down to grab up the other three brownies, but the final brownie in his hand fell to the ground, and he spent a moment gasping, “My brownie!” Apparently, that moment was too long, and when he went to pick up the brownies to exercise his right to use the five-second rule, he found ants on them, which made him make a small “ack!” sound of disgust and drop them once more.

He stood up with a huff, and he looked at Xan, and then at Darwin. “Food?” he asked. “No kisses, but…food?”

(Translation: we didn’t get any kisses here, but can we at least go get some food?)

As if to answer his own question, he began to walk in the direction of wherever he sensed food. He had an instinct for finding things that he could gobble— even if the gobbling things were behind a paywall.

He pranced off to a booth that had exactly what he wanted: food! Hecking fricking freaking fucking heck yes!

“Cupcakes!” he exclaimed. He looked over at Xan and Darwin again. “Cupcakes?” he asked, smiling at them exuberantly.

... chelsea freud ...
MOOD

paying for kisses.

the carnival

TAGS

ol' nut-free mason Winona Winona henri Nixiee Nixiee raven Soap Soap (mercedes and donna mentioned)

Chelsea could feel everyone’s eyes following him as he moved about the carnival, retaining his usual, steady, languid gait even as groups of people stood in his way. The people moved for him, not he for them, and their eyes remained on his back as his figure retreated; he could feel them all staring, so he knew as much. They were all far from subtle about it, so it took no deduction on his part. He wouldn’t waste his time thinking on the others staring at him, anyway, and he’d no idea why anyone would think that he would. He was Chelsea motherfucking Freud, the indisputable, unabashed, never-disgraced king of Auburn Springs. Others’ opinions on him and where their eyes fell when he passed didn’t fucking matter to him. They had no bearing on his psyche. He wasn’t some pussy who could just be pushed around by the fact that everyone— everyone— was staring.

So what if it pissed him off a little bit? He was above that petty shit.

His feet were determined and solid, despite his aimlessness. He had no plans for the fair, so that meant no places to be. Dex was going to be off somewhere with someone— he couldn’t remember who and didn’t want to wrack his brain to recall— and Roman was probably going to be with Eden, so there went his two friends and, thus, everyone he gave a rat’s ass about. Donna was off lighting up or doing tabs somewhere, knowing him, and Mercedes was doing something with cupcakes (fucking cupcakes), as far as he could recall. Nothing he had any interest in— not that he had too much of an interest in them, anyway, as long as they weren’t dead.

“Hey, CK!”

The voice hardly registered with him, but he still glanced in the direction of the noise.

The one who had spoken was a Bridger, and she happened to be one who he recognized right off: Raven Rivera. From their Twitter interactions, he recognized her face. She was distinctive enough to stand out in his head.

His eyes flicked to the boy beside her as he approached the booth, and he clenched his jaw.

Well, if it wasn’t fucking little bitch himself.

His eyes steading on Raven. He literally had nothing fucking better to do. She was the least egregious of the Bridgers, so speaking with her, while a bit of a waste, wasn’t a complete one.

“Raven,” he said as a greeting, eyes rolling up to read the sign. Kissing booth. He looked back at Raven, and then glanced at Mason again. Tch. They weren’t going to get any fucking customers with Ol’ Nut-Free hunkered over and glaring like that. He looked fucking miserable.

It was a great sight.

Chelsea gave Mason a small smirk and a soft chuckle before looking back at Raven.

"Care to donate? Mr. Freud? It's for an incredibly good cause, I'll have you know. Not only you'll have us out of here quicker, but— wait for it... you're gonna help me give little Henri here some pointers."

The corners of his lips played at a smirk, and he let out a soft chuckle as her eyes found his newly-healed lip and then his eyes. His eyes trailed to her mouth. "Besides, you get a little something out of it too,” she said as he followed the formation of her words with his gaze before meeting her eyes again.

“Pointers, huh?” he repeated, reaching for his wallet and retrieving a five from it, holding it up for Raven between two fingers. “I could get this for free, but I’ll pay you this once,” he teased lightly, his baritone voice retaining its cold-seeming, steady tone even as his mouth formed a smirk. The line borderline prostitution came to mind when regarding this situation, but he disregarded it. This was, quote, un-quote, "light-hearted fun" .

He let out a soft chuckle, glancing at Henri. She was another one of the ones who had caught he and Mason fighting. His expression faltered for a moment before recovering on his face, and he looked back at Raven. “I have nothing better to do...I think that we have ourselves a deal.”

Though I might be getting the short end of the stick here— after all, you get to kiss me for free.

Perhaps it was the fact that he was mildly pissed off that he felt this way, but, looking at Raven, he could think of several worse things that could have been happening right now than making out with this Bridger. Who knew? It might even turn out to be mildly enjoyable.

Rory
INTERACTIONS

Link

MENTIONS

The twins as always

Rory rolled her eyes. "Look, the only reason you puked is because you're a fucking lightweight." She stated with a teasing smirk. Look, she'd had some of that fancy ass strawberry tequila at a party once and it had been good when she was half-drunk, so she'd gotten a bottle of it. But yeah, poor little lightweight Link hadn't be able to keep any of it down.

After that, she'd been unable to look at anything pink without getting sick to her stomach. And with her endless luck, one of the twins had ended up sick and had to take that shitty pink medicine that smelled horrible and looked way too much like that alcohol and, subsequently, the contents of Link's stomach.

Her lips curled back in disgust and her nose wrinkled up at the memory.

"Nah, we'll get just get some basic shit. Whiskey, maybe. None of that expensive shit -- it doesn't get you wasted fast enough." Plus, after you were far enough, it all tasted the fucking same. And who really bought alcohol because they liked the fucking taste? Everyone was just getting alcohol for one fucking purpose, and that was to forget whatever shit was going on around them.

"Not a lot, though. We're gonna need some of that cash. I've been wanting to blow up a pond with some fireworks, I just never had enough money to buy some, but now..." she gave him a grin and reached over, wrapping her arm around his shoulders. "Now I've got you and your fucking money. Best thing to happen since we got switched to this fucking school."

Seriously. If the shitty student body of Auburn Springs wasn't bad enough, then the commute was. It took her and the twins at least twice as long to get to school -- and she swore that starting next week, they wouldn't be arriving fucking late. (Which, alright, wasn't true at all because Rory had never been on time a day in her life).

Rory released Link from her grasp as they neared the liquor store. Thank god it wasn't that long of a walk from the school and the fair. Maybe the owner had chosen this exact spot knowing that dumbass teenagers would roll in wanting liquor and then it didn't card knowing he'd get more business. The guy was either a fucking genius or a lucky bastard.

She grabbed the door, yanking it open and stepped back, gesturing with her hand for Link to go through. "Ladies first."

Mason
INTERACTIONS

Raven, Henri, Chelsea,, Aaliyah

MENTIONS

N/A

After watching Nut's pitiful... pitiful brownie escapade, Mason was able to turn his attention away from Nut and his jolly idiot followers and turn his attention back to the more important factors. Such as Henri never having been kissed and getting all flustered over the shit, Raven calling over fucking CHELSEA, and start teasing about kissing him.

Raven was trying to get under his fucking skin. She was trying to piss him off with her little fucking outburst at him, and now inviting Chelsea over here to fucking kiss. It was bad enough that Mason had to watch Raven fucking make out with everyone else in the school -- but seriously? Fucking Chelsea. The very fucker that deserved to be ten feet under ground.

She was trying to piss him off. There was no other option. No other reason she'd want to kiss the fucking dumbass now standing before them and offering his money up with his own teasing, stick up his ass remark. Fucking "I could get this for free." Fucking dickhead. Yeah Mason would like to see him try to get it for free, so he could fucking--

Nope. Nope, nope.

Wasn't. Going. To. Get. To. Him...

Despite the fact that Mason's lips were pulled back into a snarl, his dark eyes narrowed at Chelsea, and his hands gripping the edge of the nail, his nails digging into it. Nope, this was not fucking getting to him. He was fucking cool. Cool as a mother fucking cu-fucking-cumber. So. Fucking. Cool. He was fucking Frozone.

If it hadn't been for Ari next to him, eating her cupcake, Mason would've lunged over the stand and slammed Chelsea's face into the stand until he looked like that fucking noseless fucker from that Harry Fucker movie.

"What does he fucking get out of it? The joy of kissing you? Not really that fucking great, Raven." Mason snapped. Maybe-- okay, no, definitely fucking harsh, but Mason was fucking pissed. Raven signed him up for this shit, then got mad at him for not wanting to fucking kiss random strangers for fucking money, and now she had the fucking audacity to call Chelsea Fucking Freud over here to make out with him for fucking Henri. She fucking deserved the insult. Fuck her.

Well, not actually fuck her. But fuck what she was doing right now.

Aaliyah coming over was a welcoming grace. Something for him to focus on that wasn't, well, you fucking know. He turned his gaze away from Chelsea and Raven, subconsciously moving so he was at the end of the table -- as far from fucking Raven as he could get which, in all reality, still wasn't really that fucking far. A couple fucking feet max.

He flashed Aaliyah a little half-grin, half-smirk -- his signature facial expression. Mason never fully smiled -- he never had anything in his fucking life that was worth smiling over, so a smirk almost always took hold. Fuck, keeping his lips curled into even this semblance of happiness was enough to tire his fucking jaw. Much easier to fucking frown.

"C'mon," he said as he took the five out of her hand, his grin widening a bit. "You know you've always wanted to kiss me." He joked, dropping the five into their box of money. Fucking charity... fucking school... fuck whoever started the fire.

Mason leaned forward.

Raven wanted to fucking compete? Wanted to kiss Chelsea in front of him to piss him off?

Then so fucking be it.

Mason would just be so involved in his own kiss that he wouldn't be able to listen to Raven's fucking kiss with Chelsea.

Fuck her.

Fuck him.

Mason leaned forward, one of his hands reaching up to cup Aaliyah's cheek as he pressed his lips against hers. But, well, he didn't keep it at a simple kiss and end like he had for the majority of the other girls today (except that one bitch that shoved her tongue down his throat, gross). Instead, he kept his lips against hers, deepening the kiss.

Two could play at this fucking game.

Last edited:
Dexter Cruz
Auburn Springs
"I totally could! Is this an eating contest I hear!?" Dex chirped with a concerning amount of excitement, patting his rock-solid stomach, which was far from the level of painfully distended he preferred. While Ren was the queen of mall shopping and fashion—and probably knives or tooth sharpenings or something—Dexter's areas of shopping expertise lied in procuring copious amounts of food. So, really, the carnival was to Dex like an art show is to an appraiser. Maybe with just a little more drink-spilling and a lot more overpaying.

He felt a smirk inching across his face after Ren inevitably commented on his horrible nickname-giving skills, making the decision not to acknowledge it. Dexter found it cute and that's the important part. In fact, he took great pride in the joy he spread through the loving nicknames he distributed to those he liked a lot. Whatever you say, Squidward Rentacles...

Dex was undeniably thrilled when he and Ren were kicked from the dunking booth. He bent down slightly and gave Ren a high five afterward, unable to contain his delight. It sure is a worthwhile experience being banned from places for having too much fun, but it's even more rewarding when someone else is in on it with you. Between Chelsea, Roman, and Elena, Dex often felt like he was being babysat or, at the very least, constantly surveilled. Ren, on the other hand, had no regard for the safety of herself and others. She was fun.

The dopey boy appreciated Ren allowing him to tag along with her, especially since he'd come at her out of nowhere. Hopefully she didn't have plans she was missing out on. Then again, the girl didn't seem like much of a planner. Spending money on her felt good and he was more than happy to give her all she requested... or demanded. People like Roman and Chelsea were even wealthier than he was, so there weren't many opportunities to show his appreciation through cash. At least Ren was kind enough to let Dexter empty his wallet for her amusement!

"Yeah! The syrup's the best part in my opinion," Dex agreed, reaching over to stick a finger in Ren's funnel cake and grab a taste of the fruity substance for himself, "Yep. Still the best." Dexter had finished his funnel cake only a few minutes ago, but who knows? Taste buds change all the time. Despite licking his finger, some of the sticky residue from the strawberry syrup remained, much to his annoyance. He made Ren wait in line with him as he grabbed a bottle of water to douse his hand with, only to find a water fountain and a bathroom just up ahead. Oh, well. Dex was sure it was nice for the little plastic water bottle to be appreciated by a good person instead of someone that'd crush it and treat it like trash.

Dex's jaw dropped, horrified to hear such a negative sentiment from Ren. "Of course not! What kind of monster rigs a fair game!? Aren't they supposed to be, like... fair?" He frowned fretfully, upset by the notion that the nice, inviting carnies/school volunteers would do such a thing. "Here, we'll win something."

Dexter's hand dove into his pocket, digging through a sea of wrappers and napkins to fetch his wallet. He busted the thing open and beckoned for Ren to follow. At the balloon popping game, he dramatically slammed down a twenty, unsure how many games it'd buy. He was hesitant to allow Ren full freedom with a set of darts, but if she was looking to win something, he hoped she'd spare at least one of his eyeballs. "Let's go, Renald McDonald! Prove yourself wrong." With a sheepish face, he added, "Please be wrong."
fairgrounds
game time game time game time
clothes
erzulie erzulie (Ren)
coded by natasha.

Theodore Virtanen
Ambridge
"Yes... sounds like Silas." Theo's inquisitive gaze faded into a pair of forlorn, aching eyes. "In any case, for that too, I extend my apologies on his behalf." No matter the perspective he looked at it from, Theo felt guilty. He couldn't just not say anything, even if he'd already tried to apologize to DC. Apologizing to Henri was just as fruitless, leaving him stuck in a hole of partial responsibility no one but Silas could lift him from. But Theodore didn't want to talk to Silas and he sure as hell didn't want to get wrapped up into that mess again.

It was at least sweet of Silas to insist what happened Monday be kept secret, whether he was referring to their tender moment with the necklace or their steamy moment in the shed. He was protecting me...? His heart ached again. Silas surely regretted what happened at Val's party. Even if they were just casual fuck buddies, there was something they shared that made Theo feel a little lost without. Cold and calculating Donna didn't seem very adept in understanding that from an emotional standpoint, but he kept silent all the same. It was rather thoughtful, really. Even if DC insisted he'd kept the secret for his own sake.

Theo wordlessly stepped a bit to the left, then the right, then backed up. He turned around to view the Sun, unable to determine his own position relative to Donna's line of sight to the bright star. He eventually called it quits, the math hurting his emotionally confused head, and plopped down onto the ground in front of the much taller boy. He'd almost forgotten how small he was compared to Donna, a boy who was supposed to be his age. "You are always free to turn him down. His manner of speech is indiscriminately crude," Theo stated flatly, although DC had evidenced that he wasn't so much pressured, but more enticed, "You do not deny truth? You must be horrible liar." Theo plucked a piece of grass immediately after Donna did the same, figuring it was some sort of social cue he was missing.

He nodded slowly and solemnly as Donna detailed his admissions that he'd felt something back in the shed. And even later on. Theo was in no place to make suggestions presently, but he figured the boy could use as much loosening up as he himself had needed. The blonde boy had unwittingly been placed into Silas' role, a sneaking excitement at the idea that DC found him attractive. He couldn't tell if he was just flattered or was longing for the intimacy Silas had provided him the last few months, now that he was without it. He'd mostly steered clear of partaking his ex-hookup's drug habits, but he'd already been hooked on the prospect of putting himself out there like Silas had done himself time and time again.

Theodore met DC's unwelcoming stare with an aura of nonchalance, maintaining the same indifference he was receiving. It wasn't too hard to emulate anyway, as exhibiting proper emotion had never been one of Theo's strong suits. "Yes. You have answered well. Thank you."

"Although..."
Think this through, Theodore. "I do think it is something you could explore. If you do not discuss it so much, I feel these anxieties will only burden you more." He broke his impassive stare for just a moment to display an expression of pity. "I am always open for counseling. Except during the week until 6:00 and the weekends before 3:00 and after 7:00."

Dial it back, dial it back.

"Of course, I can make adjustments to my schedule, but... bottom line is, you need help. You are more closed off than anyone I have ever met." He shrugged, unsure if what he'd said was insulting. He had a tendency to do just that; he couldn't quite pin it on his English comprehension or his general lack of empathy. But the gesture was there, right? A a forward-thinking gentleman such as DC could hopefully see the same.
outside staff parking lot
therapizing
clothes
ditto ditto (Donna)
coded by natasha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back