• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

c1e3dec729951f9959e61ed86ccd41f3.jpg
The Beginning of the End. ❞
Early morning, in the Athenia city square.​

A cold wind had settled upon Athenia—it is the middle of the winter and the grey cast hanging above the capital city foreshadows that it will rain soon. Despite it being early—almost 8 am, the day is dark. A storm is about to come.

The dreary weather is fitting to the mood that has befallen the small crowd of people that begin to gather just outside of Athenia’s postal headquarters, located right in the middle of the city square. This could be normal, given that Athenia hosts plenty of feasts, festivals, and events for its citizens. But the people gathered around the postal headquarters are here to receive a message.

A hushed silence has fallen over the growing group as they try to figure out what this all means. The message—the bloodied head of a Demon hanging from the headquarter’s sign— has been received. A member of the kings guard steps up and demands to know who is responsible for such a vile prank. Surely that cannot be a real demon? The vile creatures were thought to be driven out of Gaia, and if they still existed, people assumed they lived in the darkest parts of their world.

Besides, if there was a true threat, wouldn’t their King have done something? The crowd begins to murmur quietly, then argue about what to make of this bloody message.

69deeab3ceab8a320d2118b6fc35c565.jpg
Lux. ❞
without darkness, there can be no light.​

Just across the postal head quarters, hidden within the shadows of an alleyway, was a small framed Elven woman. Her long, thick white waves were hidden by the large hood covering her head and face. She was standing close enough to be able to hear what the growing crowd across the street from her had to say about her gift, but also far enough to look like another curious onlooker.

Luxiana Valadain—the first of her name—was of the Higher Elves. The long, hooded white cloak she wore was stitched by a steamstress in Zorro, made with the finest and toughest of materials. It was enough to keep her warm in the cold, icy weather. One would think she was of higher ranking with the armor she wore in combination with the cloak’s elegant and nomadic stitching. One would also assume she was a far way from home—though it was common for Zorran traders and merchants to hang around Athenia.

But Lux was neither Zorran or Gaian. She hardly considered any place home, but strangely enough, Athenia felt close to it. She would do anything to protect the city, even if it meant risking her own life. Her hand settled on the handle of her sheathed sword as she thought about the past two days.

She had been tracking a pack of three demons all the way from Old Town, following the remains of blood drained bodies. She had finally cornered them in the Great Forest yesterday, where she killed all but one of them.

That one demon now had his head hanging from the postal headquarters. She did not kill him at first—no, she tortured him until she was able to make him leak some vital information. They were on their way to Hill Town, where they would be meeting with other creatures of darkness at the next full moon.

Lux had not been able to pry out how many would be there or what they were meeting for, but her bet was on an attack. Something was coming—something big. Her gaze flickered to the head hanging from the postal sign and she took a deep breath. She needed to do this.

There were rumors of their king growing sick—she doubted he even had any idea of what was currently happening. And the rest of the nobles were too busy enjoying their lavish lives to notice what went outside of the gated city walls.

Besides, she had a good feeling that she would be able to muster up some support for her cause. After all, when she was positioning the head in the dead of the previous night, she had seen an Elf watching her. His reaction surprised her—he did not seem shocked or angry. He remained calm, curious almost. She took it as a sign.

Pulling the hood of her cloak off, she made her way to the back of the growing crowd, listening to the people argue back and forth with the Kingsguard. A small smile tugged at the corners of her lips—they heard the message loud and clear.

“It was me.“ Lux’s voice rang out loudly, carrying through the crowd. Her voice was gentle, almost melodious, but strong and steady nonetheless. Stepping forward, she eased her way through the crowd until she was standing on the platform next to the hanging head.

Turning, she faced the kings guard. “I did it, and it’s not a foolish prank of sort-” Her voice was grave and solemn. Her body turned to the crowd again and she lifted her hand, pointing to the demon. “There were three of them—the bodies are still in the forest if you don’t believe me,” she started.

“There is a darkness growing—anyone with magic coursing through their veins can feel it. The priests have grown silent. Our villages and towns are being raided and yet our King stays silent. Our people are being murdered outside these city gates, whereas you all are protected inside of them.” Lux’s eyes trained on the few noble elves and humans in the crowd, watching them exchange guilty glances.

“I did this, and it was not in vain. There’s more of them—a lot more. I can’t tell you how many, but they’re going stronger and stronger each day we sit idle. They’re moving Northwest—and they’re moving fast. But what they don’t know is that I’ll be following them and I’ll be waiting for them at Hill Town. Our land’s history has been plagued with darkness that destroyed and murdered thousands of innocent families. I refuse to let that happen again—If you’re with me, say ‘ai’.”

Lux finished her speech, breathing hard as the adrenaline coursed through her. She hopped off the platform and turned to the Kingsguard, wrinkling her nose slightly. “Tell the King we’re in trouble—tell him we need his best warriors.”

Just across the postal head quarters, hidden within the shadows of an alleyway, was a small framed Elven woman. Her long, thick white waves were hidden by the large hood covering her head and face. She was standing close enough to be able to hear what the growing crowd across the street from her had to say about her gift, but also far enough to look like another curious onlooker.

Luxiana Valadain—the first of her name—was of the Higher Elves. The long, hooded white cloak she wore was stitched by a steamstress in Zorro, made with the finest and toughest of materials. It was enough to keep her warm in the cold, icy weather. One would think she was of higher ranking with the armor she wore in combination with the cloak’s elegant and nomadic stitching. One would also assume she was a far way from home—though it was common for Zorran traders and merchants to hang around Athenia.

But Lux was neither Zorran or Gaian. She hardly considered any place home, but strangely enough, Athenia felt close to it. She would do anything to protect the city, even if it meant risking her own life. Her hand settled on the handle of her sheathed sword as she thought about the past two days.

She had been tracking a pack of three demons all the way from Old Town, following the remains of blood drained bodies. She had finally cornered them in the Great Forest yesterday, where she killed all but one of them.

That one demon now had his head hanging from the postal headquarters. She did not kill him at first—no, she tortured him until she was able to make him leak some vital information. They were on their way to Hill Town, where they would be meeting with other creatures of darkness at the next full moon.

Lux had not been able to pry out how many would be there or what they were meeting for, but her bet was on an attack. Something was coming—something big. Her gaze flickered to the head hanging from the postal sign and she took a deep breath. She needed to do this.

There were rumors of their king growing sick—she doubted he even had any idea of what was currently happening. And the rest of the nobles were too busy enjoying their lavish lives to notice what went outside of the gated city walls.

Besides, she had a good feeling that she would be able to muster up some support for her cause. After all, when she was positioning the head in the dead of the previous night, she had seen an Elf watching her. His reaction surprised her—he did not seem shocked or angry. He remained calm, curious almost. She took it as a sign.

Pulling the hood of her cloak off, she made her way to the back of the growing crowd, listening to the people argue back and forth with the Kingsguard. A small smile tugged at the corners of her lips—they heard the message loud and clear.

“It was me-“ Lux’s voice rang out loudly, carrying through the crowd. Her voice was gentle, almost melodious, but strong and steady nonetheless. Stepping forward, she eased her way through the crowd until she was standing on the platform next to the hanging head.

Turning, she faced the kings guard. “I did it, and it’s not a foolish prank of sort-” Her voice was grave and solemn. Her body turned to the crowd again and she lifted her hand, pointing to the demon. “There were three of them—the bodies are still in the forest if you don’t believe me,” she started.

“There is a darkness growing—anyone with magic coursing through their veins can feel it. The priests have grown silent. Our villages and towns are being raided and yet our King stays silent. Our people are being murdered outside these city gates, whereas you all are protected inside of them.” Lux’s eyes trained on the few noble elves and humans in the crowd, watching them exchange guilty glances.

“I did this, and it was not in vain. There’s more of them—a lot more. I can’t tell you how many, but they’re going stronger and stronger each day we sit idle. They’re moving Northwest—and they’re moving fast. But what they don’t know is that I’ll be following them and I’ll be waiting for them at Hill Town. Our land’s history has been plagued with darkness that destroyed and murdered thousands of innocent families. I refuse to let that happen again—If you’re with me, say ‘ai’.”

Lux finished her speech, breathing hard as the adrenaline coursed through her. She hopped off the platform and turned to the Kingsguard, wrinkling her nose slightly. “Tell the King we’re in trouble—tell him we need his best warriors.”

The head was still there, still as evil and dark as it had been the other night. A quick shiver ran down his spine as he looked at the beast, dead but still terrifying him. The instigator was no where to be found. The elven man looked around him, trying to be subtle about it. He had seen a figure putting it there last night. The sleep wouldn't come so he had decided to lean outside the window of his inn which bordered on the town square. Onvyr was a simple elf, he never asked to witness such a ritual, but it happened and he couldn't keep quiet about it. Also, he was sure the person who did this had seen him. He was certain their eyes had met. It wasn't like he disagreed with the mysterious person, but to say he agreed was far stretched. Like any elf, he didn't possess magic abilities and thus didn't feel the presence of evil as much as the others who did have magic. But even Onvyr noticed the gruesome aura be falling over Gaia. It was the reason he was here, Athenia was a big city and he had hoped to find some answers here, but this just brought more questions to the table.

The other reason for why he was in doubt, was because he was scared of demons and didn't want to admit they were out there. Even if the evidence was right before his eyes. The crowd was whispering, but he didn't pay much attention to that, the man was looking for the figure that pulled this off. And just when he thought it may have been a prank, a small female turned up. He recognised her form. That's her. Onvyr sighed, not wanting to hear the words she spoke. The thing he was afraid of seemed to happen, too quickly. Ai. He was joining her in his thoughts but couldn't figure out if he really had to say that out loud. Although the good in his heart was already pointing in the right direction.

No one spoke up, it was hard to see. She was right, there needed something to be done, Onvyr just didn't want to be a part of the solution so to speak. He sighed again in silence, not wanting to attract any curious faces. He had come to Athenia for a reason, for answers and this may be one of them.

It was hard to see on the outside that the elf was debating what to do. He kept himself composed and looked as if judging the whole thing neutrally. While he had already chosen a side. He stepped forward a little, pushing civilians gently out of his way, remaining calm. "Ai," His voice was clear and didn't show any hint of doubt. The moment he said it, he already regretted it though. But the elf man was drawn towards adventure, even one that didn't show any sign of having a good ending.

sketch4.jpg
The world was cold, its icy fingers wrapping around Xena as she pulled her fur cloak in further as she shivered on the freezing forest ground. The air was unsettled, whisping around as if it had something to say, leaving frost on Xena’s tired cheeks. Tears formed in her eyes but she wasn’t sure why; she wiped them away before she had time to notice. The undead body of her horse, Anubis laid beside her - keeping her company but unable to provide her any warmth. She eventually sat up to the dreary morning.

She sighed, placing another log on her fire that was nearly out. The unrest of the forest became undeniable as the birds chirping was more reminiscent of desperate pleas than birdsong. Xena thought to herself, “Another day passes and I am still denied of sleep, I will be as lifeless as Anubis if I cannot calm myself.” She knew her insomnia was a weakness in her character, inherited from long nights of relentless training in the dark fields of Shadowfell, and she knew that it would eventually take its toll. Weakness was something she couldn't allow herself to embody as she knew she was alone in a greedy world. She decided to get up to train but was interrupted as the discord in the forest doubled, the energy of it shaking her to her very core.

She closed her blind eyes, allowing herself to focus, as she searched for the core of the chaos. She opened them, and looked upon a town courtyard where dozens had gathered. She was using the eyes of a small raven on top of a nearby building, scanning the commotion for something of significance. Her stomach sank like it was full of bricks when she saw the black eyes. Her breath shook and her fingers trembled as she folded her hands into the fabric of her coat to steady herself. ‘I see I am not allowed the luxury of rest,’ she thought to herself.

Her shock was interrupted by a woman entering the crowd; holding herself differently than the others. Xena listened intently to what she had to say. Her unrest steadily grew, ‘Ai’ she thought, though she knew no one could hear her. Again, “Ai,” she whispered aloud to no one but the forest around her. She closed her eyes and sat back into herself, letting the scene fade from her mind.

Her whole body was tense and her heart pounded loudly in her chest. ‘I have to move, but I must calm myself first. Any actions done out of emotions will be sloppy and ineffective,’ she quoted Chronos in her mind and pulled herself together, reaching into her pouch and pulled out her lute. She sat in front of the fire and played a quiet tune, her voice sweet like honeycomb, carrying through the wind and lulling the forest around her to sleep.

“When dusk has come,
And fear he heeds,
Night will come on his darkest steed..
- But do not tremble, my quiet child
Dawn will come with time, with time

O’, sweetest child of mine.”

Last edited:
Velar walked swiftly through the sparsely filled streets, his breath shallow, his pulse quick. While it was not particularly cold, his cloak was tightly wrapped around his shoulders. It seemed to be rather expensively made, of great quality, sewn together by a skilled tailor. It would definitely be the kind a prominent nobleman would wear. But this one was stained and ragged, with several spots of mud, leaves, and dirt soiling it. Clearly, it's owner had performed quite the long trek through the wilderness, though why a nobleman would go to such pains was undoubtedly a question that few would guess the answer to.

In truth, the man was exhausted. He hadn't slept at all last night, and not that much the night before it, either. He had been pushing forward, trying to get to Athenia before the demons he was tracking left. He had four individuals in particular tracked, demons all of them. Creatures of the darkness whose power he could harness. These three had been rather easy to track, a trail of barely concealed drained corpses in their wake.

But no matter, he'd thought. The people of Athenia were well unaware of the existence of demons. Even if a couple of zealous town guards tried to stop them, they would achieve nothing but become another meal. He finally had managed to get a message to them, and they would meet him in a forest near the city.

When he'd made it, he found two of them brutalized, a trail of blood being the only sign a third one existed. Korvus had managed to trace the blood to this square. Who knows? Mayhaps he was kept for interrogation here?

He turned the corner, and he felt his heart sink like a ship caught by a sea monster. His intended recruit's head, hanging like a grisly trophy, a small crowd already forming. He had been too late. His exhaustion was all for naught.
He had failed. Again. He grit his teeth in furstration.

His legs, fueled only by adrenaline for the past hour, buckled. He'd have collapsed on the ground if it was not for a convenient bench nearby. His eyes fell, staring at the ground, feeling the exhaustion and lack of sleep finally take the upper hand in this hours-long struggle. But worse than the disappointment was the anxiety.

Someone knew about the demons. Not only did he know about the demons, but he was also a skilled enough combatant to take out three of them at once. Moreover, he actually had the grim determination to mount the head, quite an intelligent play. Now at least some of these onlookers would at least suspect the return of the demons to the more civilized parts of the world. But who? There were no official orders for this, his contacts had assured him of it. The King and nobility were blissfully unaware. So who~

It was me.
He looked up, slightly startled. Barely a dozen metres from him stood an elf. she looked like a fighter, if one were to judge from her comfortable clothing and sword. She carried herself with a certain calm, graceful strength, vastly contrasting his exhausted, panicky aura.

For the briefest of moments he was worried he'd been found out, that she'd used the demon as bait to get to him. But she did not seem interested in Velar, instead moving towards the front of the crowd. She began to deliver a short speech about the creatures of the darkness, and he felt the unease flare up in his chest again. She was spreading the word, making the people aware of the things that went bump in the night. And she had proof, too, in the form of the mounted head.

He had to admit, she was a very skilled speaker. Her voice carried a very gentle warmth, yet with a thread of steel behind it, like a firm hand on a shoulder, not violent, but capable of stopping you if it wished. Her oratory skills were complemented by her...rather pleasant external appearance. He found himself slowly becoming entranced, almost forgetting that he was one of the creatures of darkness she was condemning in her speech. He slowly stood up, moving towards the front of the crowd, trying to get a better look...

"What are you doing, child? Snap out of it!"
Korvus's voice echoed loudly in his mind, the spirit communicating through the talisman. His voice did indeed snap him out of it, and he realized he'd actually been in the front rows of the crowd, some of whose members were very adamant in their yelling of "Ai!" "Do not worry Ancestor! I was merely trying to...size up this new foe. She seems dangerous, determined, and charismatic. She will be quite the obstacle."
"Do not fuss so, child. She's just a girl that wants to play hero. Secure your position, flush her out, and i will crush her spine and drink her blood. But enough dallying! The fourth shall arrive very soon. Get to her before she does!"

Velar nodded. Time would surely be of the essence in this encounter, he was certain. And so he once again began walking, this time towards the docks, his legs aching from all the strain he'd put them in. He'd rest up...Eventually. After about half an hour, he spotted his target. Right on time.

To the casual observer she seemed to be a diminutive figure, vaguely feminine, as her features were largely obscured by a cloak. But Velar knew better. This was the demon of the apocalypse, a vicious creature with a penchant for murder. Skilled at it, too. She would make a fine ally, and bolster his forces notably.

It was for this reason that he had chosen to take the risk of meeting with this violent demon despite the odd chance that she would attempt to murder him. The grisly display before had merely reaffirmed his belief that only through unity could they achieve their goals.

And so he approached the shorter woman. He gave a short bow before introducing himself.

"Well met, my lady! Do not be alarmed, for I do not mean no harm. It is good to see you have made it here...Safely. These parts are not safe for our... Ilk."
With a subtle movement of his hand, he produced a small bracelet from his pocket, discreetly showing it to her. It bore the Geldanster sigil, a widely recognized mark of violence and depravity. He hoped she would put two and two together.
'You may call me...Velar. I would like to discuss some things with you, but, a busy street is no place for business, wouldn't you agree? I have a room in an inn not far from here. We can talk over a meal and i can lay out the plan before you."

He turned to leave, beckoning for her to follow. In a few steps, however, he stopped, seeking to emphasize his point.
"Just in case you are doubtful, allow me to inform you that it appears this city has a vigilant and determined demon slayer! Why, today, she mounted one's head on a door, and butchered two others in the forest! To this end, I would urge you to not act rashly-I might be your only ticket to avoiding such a dark fate."

Confident that his point went through, he continued walking, very soon arriving at the inn. He entered the room, closing the door behind them. He sat on the bed, grabbing a small piece of bread from the table and slowly eating it. He motioned for her to sit at the table if she wished. He was ready to summon his bound if there seemed to be the slightest hint of violence.

"I have some questions, but I am sure you have many more. As you are my guest, I will allow you to go first. What would you wish to know of me? Apart from my use of you, of course. That will come either way, so do not waste well-worded inquiries on getting it across."

Interacted: Peckinou Peckinou

Mentioned: cleopatraa cleopatraa

Yenna's hands trailed down the mans face, luring him in with her pointer under his chin as she stepped away, "I can give you all your dreams and more.." she whispered, her flirty hazel eyes fluttering to capture his attention. Her left hand floated to the doorknob behind her, quietly opening it while keeping the man entranced. His eyes scanned her body, but he was eventually captured by her stare taunting them into the room behind her. She won the moment he stepped his foot through the door into the dark hotel room, her mouth dry and her stomach screaming for substance. The door clicking shut would be the last sound he ever heard, as she leaned forward and sucked his lust through her lips, the dark energy fueling her body like a black flame. His body crumpled, but he never lost contact with her eyes as he sunk to the floor, his lifeless gaze contrasted against the greedy smile painted on his face. She sighed in relief, stepping back and standing taller, a content grin washing over her. She turned to her side, where a vase had once held a single red rose, now wilted and dry. She breathed through her nose in amusement, picking it up and placing on the corpse strewn on the floor. "Good night, honey, I hope that was satisfying," she said, before turning away, laughing under her breath.

This ritual was not something new to Yenna, in fact she couldn't count how many times she had been in this position. It brought her great joy, in contrast to what she felt otherwise, and filled her up with the necessary energy she needed to fight the curse she harbored. Her skin felt lighter and fair, as she habitually ran her fingertips across her cheeks. She had been in this inn many times, as drunk, lonely men that wouldn't be missed frequented the saloon nearby. She reached into the cabinet, where she had stashed an empty bottle of whisky that she then placed next to the corpse, making it look like another sorry sop that was killed by his drink before he had time to be pleased by his escort. She took a deep breath, letting her lungs fill with the dusty air, enjoying the new energy buzzing in her veins. She went to sit by the window to lust in the feeling of it, but was surprised by the commotion in the square.

There was a woman speaking to the crowd that she did not recognize, despite how long she observed this town. It took her a moment to see the head of the demon upon a stake, but she was not immediately taken aback by it. She sat down into the seat behind her, watching in amusement as she saw the people motivated to action. 'Wow, it's funny how self-righteous these people always think they are.. how they think of themselves as heroes.' She sat back into her chair and laughed to herself. 'It's about time I removed myself from this town, anyways,' she thought, standing up and turning to the door, picking the mans pockets on the way out.

She trotted down the stairs and into the lobby, walking up to the woman working the counter. "Another, Jamie, couldn't even make it to the bed this time," she said, a hint of amusement in her voice as she put the key to the room on the counter.

"Are you kidding me? Twice in a week?" Jamie sighed, obviously used to the situation at hand. She looked more annoyed than shocked, "I don't get how you do it, Yenna."

Yenna laughed, flashing the wad of bills she had removed from the mans pockets despite her ulterior motive, "At least this won't be wasted on drink," she responded confidently, her eyebrows raising as she looked at the clerk. Jamie shook her head and Yenna just smiled, waving as she walked through the front door into the outer end of the courtyard.

"Have a good day," Jamie called as the door shut behind Yen.

"Where to now.." Yen said to herself, walking into the daylight. She stopped - soaking in the sun. She turned to the courtyard, where there was still a gathering, and slid to the side of a building where she could observe without being involved. 'May as well see this play itself out,' she thought to herself, leaning against the wall casually as she looked on to the group of people in front of her.

Yukaran Arclip
Interactions: Athanas Athanas
Mentions: cleopatraa cleopatraa
Yukaran was in a foul mood, though finally making it to Athenia did at least slightly cheer her up, though the journey to just getting here was long, hard and annoying. The pirates she were with would of likely killed her in her sleep if they could, unfortunately for them the poisonous gas they had in their room made it so that they would want to avoid opening their door. They atleast agreed to never have a encounter with each other again so that atleast appeased the pirates she was with enough to not attempt to fight her. But with her finally on land now she was free to do whatever she wanted on this new Continent, which was quite different from Zoro to say the least. Though she only killed a handful of people in Gaia so far so they doubted their was any mass rumors about them yet. Which was good for them atleast, since it means they get to go exploring without being pursued by some so called guards or some angry citizen motivated by revenge, it was enough to make her chuckle to herself to say the least as she walked in the town. She had her hood on so that it would be harder to recognize her, even though she doubted anyone would recognize her as of yet. Her hips carried her swords sheath although it was behind her back and only the hilt of it was visible from the front but she honestly didn't really care much since its its not too uncommon for someone to have a sword in the Capital and for all they know she could just be a wandering adventurer .

Though as she entered the middle area of part of the city she heard a voice greeting out and she turned to look towards the person of who the voice belonged to. It apparently seemed to be a tall man, well tall compared to her to say the least but she was more concerned with the fact that he was addressing her, that bugged her. She had idea who this man was exactly, well that was until he introduced himself as Velar and showed the Geldanster sigil to her, which she did recognized from the books she read, though she didn't really have one of her own since she didn't really have need for one. She couldn't help but wonder how this man knows about her unsavory deeds enough so that he would show a Geldanster sigil to her, especially since she hadn't been in Gaia that long. Though to say the least she wished she was in a lowly populated area like a forest so she can properly question him, maybe even kill him if he wasn't fun enough for her. But alas she was in a city filled with humans so she was forced to play nice and on his terms at least but a private room would make a close secondary choice a small room where he can't escape from if she decides to poison him would defiantly be more preferable than the middle of the city square. Though when she heard him say that their were Vigilantes and Demon Slayers out here she couldn't help but wonder what fighting them would be like, and if she was able to kill 3 demons already then it sounds like she would atleast put up a decent fight when Yukaran does decide to hunt her down. The sinister smile on her face and the side way glance she gave the Velar person made her interest clear, so she followed him up on his request of moving towards the inn and entering the private room with him.

She didn't sit down immediately taking a moment to size him up one more time before taking off her hood revealing her grey eyes and white hair. Before pulling out the chair and sitting down putting both of her feet onto the table knowing full well it might piss him off or atleast mildly annoy him but she gave him a smirk instead as she leaned back in the chair waiting a few seconds before finally speaking. "I honestly haven't been in Gaia long enough to develop any sorta reputation here so do tell me how you were able to figure out i would be heading here? Also what business do you have with me and how do you know so much about me? actually never mind that last part I'm a just guess you did a lot of homework on whatever demonic in nature rumors you could find.... But i do wanna know more about this supposed Demon Slayer that apparently seems to bring worry to you." Yukaran kept to her Aloof attitude up as she locked eyes with the devilish smirk on her face showed that she was clearly amused as of so for as she kept one hand below the table and out of his sight just in case she wanted to fill this room with poisonous gas. Her mind was filled with questions and a bunch of different ways she could kill him, or maybe even escape and kill him if this turned out to be some sorta set up trap.​

Last edited:
sarcove
Interactions: open​
the crowd collecting around the place had attracted a bit of an odd fellow the man was a rather tall redhead sporting a set of horns from his head though none of the crowd seemed to not notice any of the man's somewhat anomalous appearance. this was mainly because the main had various pots and pans all floating off the ground as burning flames underneath them seem to cook various dishes holding the utensils and other metallic implements almost as if the fire was alive, no one had seen the man show up he’d simply appeared out of no were a curiosity for Most of those the gathered or at least a welcome distraction the smell of exotic and strange dishes flowing through the air. Why the man was even doing this was a total myster to anyone aside form himself. And for now it seemed it was stay that way. At least until somethings interesting happened.

Night Knight.jpeg.jpg
Aruthil
The rain was quite evident as Aruthil Vilari Lyonel, who was experessionless, eyed the crowd with silence, casting soft glances at most of them, as the downpour set the stage for a melancholy event. Demons, of all things...once eradicated, and now possibly returning? To him, the notion was merely a suggestion, to actual proof would merit the idea of recruiting the darker entities to his side, having been away for so long under the guise of a hood, and stayed out of sight of the guards.

Lyonel...

The name panged him internally, as his expression remained stoic, but inside of him something slightly stirred, and he knew exactly what. His sibling was still alive, perhaps enjoying the comfort of family. A family which was taken from him or discarded aways.

Aruthil was patient, biding his time and gathering the necessary strength to overcome his own branch of relations, as well as the man who had sired him in the first place. A name that wouldn't ever be uttered as 'Father', since abandoning the spur of the moment that had cost him the normal life. And here he was, gathering intel on candidates to aid him in his revenge and conquest, seeking more power to overcome the limitations his prime body currently possessed. Being a Dream Master along with a number of other things definitely had its perks, but the Lyonel bloodline had also rendered him the healthiest, having been born before the other...lighter...son of the King, who bore more human traits than Elven it seemed.

He made his way calmly out of the crowd to attend to other matters, as the event merely caught his eye. Shadows flickered in the alleyways as Aruthil was confident his loyal force of Dark Elves, although small in number, were devoted to his cause. Sadly, though, there were only 5 at the moment, as his training prioritized the need for bodies, to aid in the art of war.

One day, Aruthil would perhaps take the throne for himself, but for now...the best moment would come from the strike that can impact them severely and make them unable to recover completely...

As dawn broke Jorge was out on the street, as per usual. He’d slept in the warm embrace of one of his creatures the night before, in a dark alley surrounded by trash, boxes and using an old flag as a blanket to shield them from view. He was freshly bathed, having stolen into the inn before the keeper awoke, and was now searching the market stalls for food. He had some money he had managed to scrounge up, but it was far easier to just take things that fell out of the shopkeeper’s sight.

A slight nudge to a stall as he passed knocked a pear down onto the muddy ground, which mysteriously made its way into the bag at Jorge’s side. It was early light and while stealing his daily fruits and veg was good, Jorge longed for a more fulfilling breakfast, he planned to go to the docks and try his hand at fishing. As he wandered through the quiet streets, he found himself walking past the postal headquarters of the city, where something caught his eye.

Dangling slowly from the sign of the station, was a severed head; the eyes were blacker than the stormy sky above, and the head looked as if someone had mistaken their gravy for blood. Jorge tugged his fishing pole from his shoulder and used the end to poke the head, stretching the mouth open and looking at it; and giving a couple of playful jabs at the creature’s nose.

Demons were useful, for warlocks like himself they were the peak a human could reach, so the head of one would surely hold answers that Jorge was looking for. He glanced up and down the street, while currently empty the lantern light of the nearby buildings was starting to shine through the windows as the townsfolk awoke. Clicking his tongue in announce Jorge withdrew his fishing pole and made his way to the docks, stomping his feet in bitterness.

For the first hour Jorge waded through the shallows, struggling to catch smaller creatures that he could use as bait, eventually, he’d managed to catch enough worms, crabs and other curiosities that he felt satisfied to go to the end of the nearest pier and cast his line into the water. Fishing was quite dull; he had done it before and had never enjoyed it much. But Jorge liked the taste of fish and it was one of the easier meats to acquire, so he made do. In less public spaces he would sometimes summon creatures in the water to scare the fish towards the shallows and his bait but out in the open on the docks as he was, he wasn’t willing to risk it.

After some time, Jorge had managed to catch a handful of decently sized fish, enough to fill his stomach and a couple extra that he was sure the merchants would take off his hands for a small fee. He found himself a nice quiet corner and began to roast two of the fish over some magically heated coals. As he was halfway through finishing the second fish, he heard some peculiar conversation a short ways off. Creeping out to the side he observed a man and a woman; the man wished to speak in a quieter location and brought up a demon slayer. Jorge’s curiosity was piqued, hastily finishing off the last fish and hiding his remaining catch Jorge quietly followed the mysterious two back towards the inn.

Watching from a distance as the two went inside Jorge backed climbed his way around onto a window ledge. Carefully perching himself up he focused his hearing onto the room beside him.

Mentioned: Peckinou Peckinou Athanas Athanas

ill preetify andd proofread when imup

mentions: Vertighost Vertighost (briar)
interactions: ageless ageless (xena)
if you own a tavern, there's a lot of things you need to keep in mind. you gotta have someone to keep the general customers in-line, so that your tavern doesn't end up ransacked from the fights. you gotta manage your inventories wisely and make sure you're always well-stocked. you gotta yadda, yadda, yadda; you get the gist.

usually, bramble manages to stay on top of things, so, for the most part, the watering hole's run thus far had been smooth.

tonight, though, isn't a usually situation, because the world's in a bad mood and has decided to send a big fuck you in her direction to vent its grievances out.

for one, two of her workers fucked up and dropped two perfectly good barrels of mead. and as if that wasn't enough, her bouncer decided to go awol, leaving her little tavern unprotected. she was almost tempted to start wrecking her own tavern just to save her patrons the trouble, until a red-haired dwarf strolled in. the dwarf looked like she could deliver a beat-down, so, with a few coppers, bramble hired her.

little did she know, however, that that was a curse in disguise. alsitriin, who had been trying to eject a particularly rude and rowdy customer, started a fight that sent the rest of the tavern into chaos.

and just like that, bramble's efforts went to waste. bottles and mugs were smashed against the furniture. the chairs, tumbled around like they were dust on the floor. at that point, it wasn't too bad, she thought. sure, it might dip the tavern into the red line, but nothing she couldn't make up for later.

things only get real bad for bramble when her prized tapestry, now clawed and shredded by who-knows-what, was pulled off the wall and used a rope in an impromptu game of tug-of-war... it was a unique piece by her favorite artist, damn it all!

now, it's no more miss nice fairy! bramble screamed as loudly as she could─which wasn't by a lot, given that she was still in her fairy form─and forced the vines on her tavern to life. before she could manage to whip her patrons into shape, someone whispered an apology and snatched her up in their hands.

"let... go of me!" how dare they do this to her?! angrily, she banged her fists against their clammy hands and was about to grow in size until she heard the familiar crackle of fire outside her captor's fingers. without a second thought, she curled back in. she'd rather not be a crispy fly on the floor, thank you very much.

still, what in thorns was going on in her tavern? why did things get this bad? and just who was cradling her in their hands?

───────​

after maybe half an hour, bramble was released from the hand-prison and got an answer for questions two and three: alsitriin. the root of it all.

"what is wrong with you?! i hired you to control the crowd, not to incite the crowd into trashing my tavern!" but that wasn't even the worst of it. "i can't believe you just kidnapped me! you have no right to put your hands on your employer! you have no right to put your hands on anyone without their knowing!"

and this dwarf had the audacity to look all weepy! "don't you dare give me that look. no, don't. i swear if you cry..."

to her surprise, the dwarf managed to rein herself in, and after a few seconds, those glistening eyes were no more. "i am sorry. i will not cry. how can i repay this debt?"

bramble will give props to that level of professionalism, she supposes. but that still doesn't change the situation much, since they're in the middle of the forest, far away from her tavern, which, by the way, might be razed to the ground.

"oh, i don't know. how about a dragon's worth of gold?" but seeing as how this dwarf is taking such a low-paying job, it's doubtful that this alsitriin could even produce a single gold coin, in the first place.

still, that didn't stop the dwarf from running with the request anyway. "i will remember that." empty promises, probably. but hey, it was a nice sentiment, she supposes.

"whatever you say. but look, i just wanna get back to the watering hole. i'm sure you're also worried about your friend, right? brie, was it?"

"briar aspenlashes." the dwarf replies.

"yeah, i didn't ask for his full name, but okay. just take us back there." and for a long moment, the dwarf stood still, unmoving. "hey? don't you dare go quiet on me. let's go already." annoyed, she jumped on the dwarf's head to garner attention.

why wasn't the dwarf doing anything? "ughhhh. i don't want to be here any longer than you do, okay? contrary to popular belief, forests aren't my thing."

still unmoving. still quiet. still. until, finally, the dwarf replies: "i am lost."

and with unmatched speed, bramble quips back, exasperated: "how in thorns did you manage that?"

the dwarf looks like she's about to start explaning, too, so bramble puts a stop to that. "it's rhetoric, you numbskull."

───────​

for the past hour now, bramble had been wandering the forest with her irritating companion. to stave off the boredom and the silence, she's been engaging in pointless banter with the dwarf.

"ughhhhh. the world is punishing me. punishing me through this thorned cold and through you. what did i do?! ughhhhhh." bramble groaned.

"that is very mean and bitter. but you sound distressed. can i help you?" curse that dwarf's seemingly generous compassion. bramble repays their concern with spite, the only thing that's keeping her going. "you can. by getting a ladder. so you can get off my back!"

yet, somehow, alsitriin remains undeterred by her dourness. maybe if she used this on that customer, none of this would have happened. "i can see that you have been waiting for a chance to use that line. i am glad to provide you that opportunity." alsitriin replies.

"woooow. you are fun at parties."

the dwarf nods, glossing over bramble's sarcasm. "'do you want to hear a joke?"

"joke, huh?" bramble proceeds to give a good long stare at the dwarf before sarcastically laughing. "harharhar! funny."

"i am starting to dislike you. that is very mean and─!" out of the blue, the damned dwarf suddenly perked up and started to look around. "do you hear something?"

"oh yeah. crickets. a whole load of them. ugh. how unexpected." but apparently that wasn't the sound the dwarf had been referring to. alsitriin shook her head, and started to walk ahead. what was she doing? getting them even more lost?!

if they weren't in the thorned dark in a thorned forest, bramble would be flying off right now. oh wait, they were in the thorned dark in a thorned forest. which means bramble could only follow after the dwarf. "hey, don't─if you leave me behind...!" annoyed, bramble makes a dash for the dwarf and stubbornly clings again to alsitriin's red hair to avoid being left behind.

at a certain point, bramble began to hear it too. was that... singing? in the middle of the forest? alsitriin seemed to be following the voice, so this must be what she heard awhile ago.

eventually, the dwarf leads her to a shadowy area by a clearing, where a light-haired stranger was singing their heart out.

already, bramble was thinking of ways to recruit this bard to her tavern. if that tavern is still standing by the time i get back to it, that is. they've clearly got the talent to ensnare hearts with their voice! not to mention, the looks to really stick in one's mind.

speaking of which, it seemed like they're already stuck on a certain dwarf's mind, judging by that stupid look on their face. and before you know it, the dwarf's up and doing a standing ovation at their performance. "your singing is very good. i would like to hear more. please."

talk about awkward and potentially traumatizing. here, the stranger was, just doing their own thing, and out pops a random dwarf out of nowhere. a dwarf that starts complimenting you. now, if that doesn't sound like a hallucination...

guess it's up to her to smooth things over. "ugh, sorry about her. she's... weird." which is putting it lightly, but bramble's trying to avoid spooking the stranger any more than she already probably was. "look, we don't mean any harm. we're just... lost." which was another understatement, but once again, this stranger doesn't need that much information on their incompetence.

"do you mind if we just... sit by the fire for a little bit? we really just want some directions. we promise to leave you straight after this, so please?"

The moment the last word left Xena's lips and she settled into herself she could sense their presence. 'Gone and done it again, I am going to get myself killed one of these days,' she thought to herself as she set her lute down to address the dwarf that entered through the trees. Her blind eyes were quaking in anticipation; the barbed thorns already under her authority in case of ambush. As the dwarf spoke, she was immediately taken aback by the obvious lack of awareness of the situation that the dwarf had just put herself in, but she did not let that be expressed. She merely stood up, brushed off the front of her, and turned her face so that her sightless, dull grey eyes seemingly peered straight into the dwarf's soul, "I hardly think that will be necessary." It was a harsh switch from her emotionally vulnerable singing just a moment before, but this ability to repress her emotions was the reason Xena still alive. She focused her attention on leaving; picked up her saddle and tossed it on the back of Anubis who puffed in annoyance. His matte black coat quivered, sensing Xena's anxiety, and he pawed at the ground in anticipation of a possible escape. Xena patted his shoulder, reminding him of the forest that they were in that had the capacity to be a deadly arsenal. He calmed, but his black eyes stared at the dwarf in suspicion.

"I believe 'weird' might be more appropriately replaced by 'dense'," Xena replied un-apologetically to the fairy, "I hope you will conduct yourself with more.. 'vigilance' now that demons have seemingly reappeared in Athenia." She continued to saddle the stallion, not with any significant haste as she did not feel particularly threatened by the two beings that had just stumbled upon her presence.

"You may rest while I finish packing, however the gravity of this realization will be my cause for absence very shortly. I will be promptly headed to Athenia to learn more of this threat, but I can provide you with directions for whichever way you are headed," Xena spoke with a tone that was seemingly apathetic while also coming off faintly humanistic. The way she held herself gave off an energy of feigned disdain; lingering in their presence instead of immediately retreating emitted the fact that she did not wish any harm upon them. She reached into her saddlebag after securing it, pulling out a small loaf of bread and a canteen before returning to the fire, "I do not have much on me, but if you hunger or thirst I hope this will expel your need," she handed the provisions to the fairy, nodding in the acceptance of their presence.

pinnasina pinnasina

Last edited:
Velar was slightly relieved when the demon did not immediately attack him as soon as the witnesses were gone. Given this demon's vicious reputation this honestly would not have surprised him. As she took off her hood, he could not help but notice that she did not really look nearly as intimidating as one would assume of a demon. This worked to her advantage, he theorized. Much easier to go unnoticed when people assume you to be an innocent cute petite woman. Their opinions would change quickly once her viciousness began to seep through, but at that point the die would have already been cast.

He did not remove his hood, preferring to keep his face concealed and mysterious. It was a facade he liked to put on, albeit an incomplete one, since he didn't have his mask. He found that he appeared more fearsome with his face concealed, and his voice slightly more bass. Now, obviously, he wasn't exactly expecting to spook a demon, but rather, he hoped he could pass of as similarly intimidating, in an effort to gain it's-her?-respect. He intertwined his hands together in a serious stance.

"As a token of good faith, I shall endeavor to answer your questions. I know you would be heading here because I am a Geldanster. We control the shadows, and every being in them obeys us, directly, or indirectly. You, as a demon, are a creature of shadow. And while Father had not yet deemed recruitment worthwhile, that has changed. There is a storm coming, a very big storm, and I have been sent to scout, sabotage and prepare the ground for it. You are the first of many i intend to seek out to aid me in this endeavor."

Not exactly true, but it sounded much better than "I was cast out and now have to find allies wherever i can get them because i have no chance alone". He leaned forward a little, intoning his words.
"As for your other two questions, both the one you have uttered, as well as the one you haven't, well, let me answer them sequentially. I admit ignorance of this demon slayer up until today. She is a variable thrown in that troubles me, for she is most definitely more powerful than what her petite form lets on. But, I am certain, I do not need to explain such a conundrum to you. Either way, she will prove problematic and her elimination shall take priority. However, we would be very remiss to attack her now, without information. I shall have my informants shadow her when possible. Hopefully a weakness shall be revealed to us.

And now...for the other question, the one you have not yet spoken aloud. But I can hear it all the same. "Why should I join you?" Well, for many reasons. For one, there is a war coming. The biggest one the world has seen in a long, long time. And I fear, it will not be possible to sit on the fence. And since i doubt the "righteous" would accept you amongst them, well, it is fair to assume this narrows it down. Furthermore, Father shall reward service handsomely, with power, training, secrets and ranks. Lastly, it is but a matter of security. If I could track you down, have no doubt, others can too. In numbers, there is some safety that cannot be found elsewhere."

He looked at her, a small smile on his lips. "So, shall we begin? Or have you yet more inquiries?"

Elsewhere

A blonde woman made her way leisurely through the streets, seemingly in no rush to get anywhere. She was beautiful, in a sense. She had eyes the color of chestnut, a decently athletic figure, and a certain grace in her step. However, most paid little to no heed, as she seemed to be clothed rather plainly, as if though seeking to take people's attention away from her. She could be a barkeep, a working girl, or a merchant-there really was nothing telling about her. As such, almost none amongst the bystanders even bothered to look at her for more than a split second, which suited her just fine.

For you see, this woman was not just some ordinary citizen of Athenia, trying to make a living or making her commute and whatnot. This was a minor agent of House Geldanster, and she was here on an important mission, as ordered by the younger son of the Geldansters themselves. She was ordered to keep tabs on a redhead that he felt might've been worth recruiting. There were some rumors about men being found dead in her wake, and she was sent to investigate.

And by the Gods, it was a very enjoyable assignment. The woman she was following was, for lack of a better term, stunning, and watching her alone made for some...entertaining thoughts come the morning. But the real pleasure came from watching her "work". How she moved, carefully and slowly, captivated her victim methodically, and then, gradually, got them more and more interested until they were completely in her web... She shuddered at the memory alone, biting her lip. It was sad that the assignment ended today, but at least the weight of the small purse of gold on her hip gave her all the consolation she could have possibly wanted.

Finally, she arrived at the target's whereabouts, smiling as she saw the redhead's form. She approached quietly from behind, composed herself for a moment, and spoke.
"Best of evenings, ma'am. Apologies if I am bothering you, but would you mind coming with me to my room? I have someone who's just dying to meet you. He is a great fan of your work, if you, uh, know what I mean..." She brandished a small piece of parchment with the family sigil on it. "Please, follow me. He is slightly preoccupied currently, but I am sure we can find some ways to pass the time...constructively, no?"

She bit her lip slowly again, locking eyes with Yenna, before turning on her heel and marching towards the inn. Hopefully, the sigil, as well as the knowledge that she had been discovered would be enough to pique her interest. If not, then well...There were other ways to convince someone to join up. Mayhaps she could be outed to the local constabulary? That would send her running to find allies.

Interacted: Peckinou Peckinou ageless ageless
Mentioned: cleopatraa cleopatraa

Yenna sensed someone approaching her from behind, 'Surely, no one would be foolish enough to approach me,' she thought to herself, pulling her red hair behind her ear, her veins buzzing with the new energy pumping through her body, 'even a human would be able to feel the pulse of this dark spirit.. they must be gathered here to watch as well.' She continued to look forward, crossing her arms across her body as she looked on in amusement. She sighed as she felt the presence pause, knowing that she would have to acknowledge them after they gained enough confidence to speak.

She listened, annoyed, as the girl spoke to her, her head turning slowly as she gave a glare that would cause grown men to shake in their boots and run home to their mothers, "I'm sure whoever has sent you to disrupt my day underestimates what 'dying' feels like, but I'm sure I can educate them.." she paused for a moment to look the girl up and down, her anger causing the nearby shrubbery to wilt and die, "May I use you as an example?" She let the sentence hang in the air for a moment before she shook her head. She stopped for a second and took in a deep breath to calm the fire building in her stomach, but her eyes still quivered in rage.

"If you know of my 'work'," she said in air quotes, "I'm sure you're also aware of how idiotic it is to be in my presence at this.. ahh," her tone drastically changed as she saw the family sigil, her mouth still slightly open from ending her sentence early. She recognized it, but she wasn't sure where, as keeping up on the lands politics was not a huge priority to her. She had a feeling that this wasn't ordinary, however, and the secretiveness of this meeting exhibited that they wouldn't try to recruit her to work for some 'noble' cause like the one in the courtyard. She assessed the situation at hand before continuing to speak, "I assume you are not stupid enough to approach me without incentive.." she took in another short breath before she readjusted her demeanor, "I'm sorry for acting so brashly," she wasn't, "I will happily speak with them." She did this out of no kindness, but of greed, as she knew anyone aware of her abilities would not seek her without reward. The risk of being put in danger did not even cross her mind, her ego dismissing it as impossible.

She stepped to follow them, and had to significantly repress her outrage at her last statement, a nearby horse fainting at the current harshness of her curse, "I trust if you value your life that you will not make any more 'vulgar' advancements disguised as a 'constructive' conversation." What did this 'someone' want from her to risk a life like this? Multiple scenarios drifted through her head, and she tried not to smile at the idea of this going 'terribly' and having the opportunity to reap their soul. She could use a powerful one, preferably a dark elf or something of similar prowess. Her lust boiled in her stomach and could be seen clearly in her eyes despite her little effort to suppress it. "I hope whoever you are taking me to see is not here to waste my time," she said looking to the girl she was following, smaller and weak, susceptible to Yenna's every advance, "you see, if I have to wait too long, I may have to bide my time with a snack.." she looked at her neck longingly, the soft skin drawing her in like the smell of fresh baking, but shook her head to rid of the feeling and continued to follow her down the road.

Athanas Athanas

69deeab3ceab8a320d2118b6fc35c565.jpg

Lux. ❞

without darkness, there can be no light.​

The trees rippled, sending an earthy breeze over the crowd gathering around Lux’s spectacle. The wind ruffled Lux’s thick, white hair and sent a shiver down her spine—this winter was an especially cold one. But it was almost as if the wind carried something with it…a voice of sorts.

Lux’s head jerked to the right, her gaze falling to the forest beyond the city walls. Her eyes scanned the trees, which were swaying with the wind—she could feel the presence of an energy, perhaps another source of magic? She could hear the melodious voice the wind carried--but a quick glance around was enough for Lux to quickly realize that she was the only one who could hear the female's voice. As the wind died down, Lux returned her attention to the crowd, relaxing as an elven male stepped forward, saying ‘Ai’.

Her eyes met his and Lux offered a small, pleasant smile as her features softened. Several more bursts of agreement erupted from the crowd, and it was as if the energy from Lux’s speech had rubbed off onto the onlookers. There was a strange buzz of excitement as the crowd began conversing with each other—and it was exactly what Lux wanted. She had opened the table for discussion.

Her gaze drifted to one of the men standing in front of the crowd—he was watching her intensely, but his gaze was not focused. It was almost as if he were lost in his own thoughts as well—but before Lux could approach him, he had turned on his heel and walked away. She did not think too much about it and brushed him off as another Athenian civilian, busy with their own life.

Maneuvering her way through her audience, Lux reached the edge of the crowd before she pulled her hood up over her hair and head, shielding her facial features from the onlookers. Her features were distinct—she had a rare beauty that made her easier to identify and spot. And while she wasn’t on the run or wanted for anything, she preferred to keep her identity and face hidden. The last thing she needed was for someone to comment on the physical similarities between her and Vecrux.

The crowd had grown louder, busy with their own theorizing and discussion. Lux’s eyes trained in on the few people who had caught her attention before she jumped onto a barrel, and then again onto the roof of the postal headquarters.

“For those of you who wish to fight against the darkness that plagues our land, we’ll meet at Minnow’s Tavern at sundown,” Lux called out, meeting the eyes of the people who spoke up. With that being said, she whirled around and made her way towards the opposite end of the roof, jumping off once she was out of eyesight. Her feet connected with the paved road with a silent thud and she dissolved into the crowd, disappearing in the same abrupt fashion she had appeared.

The trees rippled, sending an earthy breeze over the crowd gathering around Lux’s spectacle. The wind ruffled Lux’s thick, white hair and sent a shiver down her spine—this winter was an especially cold one. But it was almost as if the wind carried something with it…a voice of sorts.

Lux’s head jerked to the right, her gaze falling to the forest beyond the city walls. Her eyes scanned the trees, which were swaying with the wind—she could feel the presence of an energy, perhaps another source of magic? She could hear the melodious voice the wind carried--but a quick glance around was enough for Lux to quickly realize that she was the only one who could hear the female's voice. As the wind died down, Lux returned her attention to the crowd, relaxing as an elven male stepped forward, saying ‘Ai’.

Her eyes met his and Lux offered a small, pleasant smile as her features softened. Several more bursts of agreement erupted from the crowd, and it was as if the energy from Lux’s speech had rubbed off onto the onlookers. There was a strange buzz of excitement as the crowd began conversing with each other—and it was exactly what Lux wanted. She had opened the table for discussion.

Her gaze drifted to one of the men standing in front of the crowd—he was watching her intensely, but his gaze was not focused. It was almost as if he were lost in his own thoughts as well—but before Lux could approach him, he had turned on his heel and walked away. She did not think too much about it and brushed him off as another Athenian civilian, busy with their own life.

Maneuvering her way through her audience, Lux reached the edge of the crowd before she pulled her hood up over her hair and head, shielding her facial features from the onlookers. Her features were distinct—she had a rare beauty that made her easier to identify and spot. And while she wasn’t on the run or wanted for anything, she preferred to keep her identity and face hidden. The last thing she needed was for someone to comment on the physical similarities between her and Vecrux.

The crowd had grown louder, busy with their own theorizing and discussion. Lux’s eyes trained in on the few people who had caught her attention before she jumped onto a barrel, and then again onto the roof of the postal headquarters.

“For those of you who wish to fight against the darkness that plagues our land, we’ll meet at Minnow’s Tavern at sundown,” Lux called out, meeting the eyes of the people who spoke up. With that being said, she whirled around and made her way towards the opposite end of the roof, jumping off once she was out of eyesight. Her feet connected with the paved road with a silent thud and she dissolved into the crowd, disappearing in the same abrupt fashion she had appeared.

Jiore

Jiore had been observing the white haired elven woman from a distance, leaning against the wooden pillar of a tea shop across from the postal headquarters. The dark elf had no intention of revealing himself--but he was curious. It was not everyday one say a mounted demon head in the middle of Athenia. But despite his curiosity and worry, Jiore's face was void of emotions and he almost looked.... bored. Flicking a piece of white hair from his eyes, Jio chewed on the edge of his toothpick as he watched the white haired female from yards away.

She was a problem—a big one. But he wasn’t entirely sure how to handle it considering he had absolutely no help, Jio did not have allies nor was he a part of anyone’s army. He did what he pleased and he did it alone—just like always. Having people around was a burden that Jio did not particularly enjoy bearing, but given that the woman slayed not one but three demons—all on her own as well—he figured now was a good time to start looking for back up. Besides, there was strength in numbers and something told Jiore that something big was coming.

His eyes flickered around the city square and he frowned, the toothpick pointing downwards along with his lips. It was impossible to tell who’s soul was corrupted or who carried dark magic in their veins. No one showed their true forms—and for good reason. If the city found out anyone was a demon or dark elf, they'd be punished by death. It was fair enough, but that didn't stop Jiore and other dark beings from entering the city regardless. They had their ways to stay hidden-- even Jio looked like an ordinary elf. His skin was a deep tan instead of the dark, ashen color it became when he was in his normal form. But that was the workings of a spell—one that would wear off in a few hours.

His gaze drifted to Lux once more, curiously watching as she leapt up onto the roof and then neatly jumped off, after announcing where she would be. A smirk made it’s way onto his lips—she was not stupid. She was, however, bold. It was a power move to announce her whereabouts tonight—not only would she see who would join her endeavors but any potential opposition would reveal itself in an effort to stop her

Not a bad move, Jiore had to admit . He knew where Minnow’s Tavern was—he’d be there. If there was even a slim chance that he could get rid of the white haired thread, he would take it. And even if he was going against her by himself, he'd do it. Running a hand through his hair, Jiore huffed quietly before he straightened up and spit the toothpick out of his mouth, not really caring where it landed. Pushing past the people around him, he began to make his way down the streets of Athenia, scanning the paved roads for sign of a white cloak or white hair. He wanted to know more about this woman, the more he knew the easier it would be to take her down.

There were a few things happening at once and it felt all unnatural. This wasn't just a normal crowd, there were some hidden identities in it and he started to notice some walking away and whispering. This whole beheading thing brought some doubt with it. It seemed as if the dark side also discovered that demons were lurking round and about. Maybe they were the silent whispers of joy, hoping to gather and take over the world. Onvyr frowned and let his purple eyes scan the area. For a short moment he felt the sudden urge to follow one of the men walking away. It looked suspicious to him, but the elf managed to calm his worrying legs and stayed right where he was. The one who did all this, the silver haired mystery, had met him with a soft gaze. He was just glad that his company was welcomed, but he wasn't all to eager to follow her and soon she was lost in the crowd too. The tall man sighed and placed his right hand on his torso, feeling the golden little weapoons he had stacked there. It made him feel a lot saver, being around others, and in such commotion, had made him feel quite irritated. Well it would turn out alright, he would meet up with a bunch of strangers in a tavern where they would discuss a plan to catch all the demons? Onvyr turned his eyes on the idea and started regretting his decisions to join this whole cause.

He turned around and pulled up his collar to protect himself from the cold. Where to now? Maybe he could take a little stroll through the forest before heading to his so called meeting. He quickly shrugged the idea off. It didn't seem like a good plan to dwell around in a thick forest when demons had reapearred. So instead he started to walk through the streets, searching for more quietnes instead of people. He brushed past another elf, which spit out a toothpick before his feet. Onvyr ignored it, not in the mood for a fight. He is lucky I am in my good mood. He wasn't in a good mood, he was in his usual mood, but he praised himself for not starting a fight. That would have surely gotten some weird glances.

After a while he stopped walking and decided to sit down on a bench, maybe overthink this whole situation a bit.

Lux

Lux swiftly made her way through the streets surrounding the city hall, not wanting to linger too close. She had made her announcement—she conveyed her sense of urgency. If there truly was going to be a gathering of dark beings at Hilltown then she needed to move fast—and quickly. And her powers, as trained and powerful they had become overtime, were not enough for a potential army.

Stopping in front of a bakery, Lux glanced up, her eyes following the mouth watering smell of freshly baked bread. She had not eaten anything since the day prior, and she was starving. Pushing on the wooden door, Lux made her way into the bakery. The day was early, she had come at the right time for the baker—a small, round, elderly human woman, had just taken out fresh loves from the bread oven.

“Well hello dearie! I just baked these fresh—my goodness!” The lady stopped short as she tripped in her tracks, causing her to drop the tray of loaves in her hand.

With her heightened senses and developing telekineses, it was as if time moved in slow motion for Lux as her instinct kicked in. Her hands shot out and before the bread could hit the ground, it stopped—floating in mid air. Gritting her teeth, Lux focused, her mind straining as she slowly moved her hands, steadying the bread as the baker quickly grabbed the tray and reorganized the bread.

“Well the Gods have been kind to me today, tis been a while since we’ve seen magic ‘round this neighborhood,” the baker gushed, blushing brightly as she set the tray down and began organizing the bread. “What can I get for you?” she asked, beaming at Lux.

Lux smiled warmly back, far too entranced by the smell of the fresh bread to say anything about her comment on magic. Magic was not an everyday thing, it was rare to see someone with abilities. “May I have a fresh loaf? And a bowl of soup, if there is any. You have a beautiful bakery,” Lux said, her shoulders relaxing as she handed the human two silver coins. It was far more than the meal would be, but she liked the woman.

“Yes yes—of course. But please, you need not pay today. If It were not for your magic, I would have had to bake that whole batch from scratch all over again,” the baker huffed, waving Lux’s money away. Lux smiled warmly, thanking her earnestly, before she relaxed further, grateful to be in such good company.

After she received the bread and soup, Lux stepped outside, needing a spot to sit and eat. The inn was a walk away and she was far too hungry to wait. And then she spotted a bench, with the elven man form earlier seated on it. It was perfect—it was almost as if the gods had willed for their meeting. Moving forward, Lux made her way over to the bench and sat down, leaving her hood down, but around her neck. Breaking off a piece of the loaf, she handed it to him, before she took a bite of her own-followed with a sip of the soup.

She waited until after she had chewed and swallowed before she spoke. “It’s been a cold winter, ai?” she asked, repeating the same choice of word from earlier. “What is your name?” she asked curiously, studying him with big eyes. She needed to know more about the people she was trying to recruit--this gave her the perfect chance to get to know one of them before the tavern.

Last edited:
1594321205562.pngThe smell that came from the bakery before him made him stare intensely at it. The elf was almost tempted to leave his sitting spot and head towards the centre that spread such a wonderful smell around. But he focussed his eyes on the ground before him and bend over a little so he could lean his arms on his knees. Something had made him say the words needed to join the cause. But it had been in the heat of the moment, now that he could actually think about it, it all sounded and seemed strange. Wasn't it weird that the white haired woman had just dissapeared, after declaring some sort of war after all. The elf sighed and let his head hang a bit before quirking right up in his seat. He was always curious and had always been, so stepping out from this all wasn't an option in his eyes, but making sure what he was doing was an option and he felt a strong need to do so.

As if the gods knew what he was searching for, she appeared right before his eyes, her hood still over her face. He went back to his leaning position but followed her movements with his purple gaze. She sat down next to him and even started talking. Onvyr quickly felt his usual feeling to leave the place and remain in silence, but now was the time to get some anwsers. He grabbed the bread she offered him and squinted his eyes at her a little. She had the elven beauty, he could see now, as she removed her hood. "I am very glad that its an elven head underneath it and not a demon.' The elf man mumbled quietly . “It’s been a cold winter, ai?” He shrugged and took a bite from the loaf. It hadn't been colder than any other winter before. Or so he thought. She asked him his name and Onvyr decided to be thruthfull. 'Onvyr," He put the last piece of the bread in his mouth and sat up, his back straight. "What's yours? And how come you carry a devilish head around in the middle of the night.' Out and about, he didn't like to spin around question which had to be asked. No one said she could be trusted, but at least the elf felt a little calmer looking at the woman next to him. Surely an evil demon couldn't be eating a freshly baked bread so peacefully.

Last edited:
Lux
The corner's of Lux's lips tilted upwards in a smile as Onyr spoke up, voicing his genuine concern and worry. She had expected this--it was bold of her to assume that people would blindly follow her or even believe her. But this was why she was prepared. "My name is Lux," she said, her voice gentle and melodious. Taking another bite of her bread and washing it down with more soup, Lux reached into her cloak and pulled out a scroll. It was sealed, with the official seal of Oldtown. "I had three of these scrolls, I've already given one of them to the kingsguard with hope they will deliver the message to the King. But you can take a look, if you want." Lux said with a shrug, handing the elf the scroll.

It was an official letter, from the warden at Oldtown, asking for more troops and weapons. It was a short message, but it recounted how several surrounding villages had been raided by demons and creatures of the dark. Innocent women and children murdered--and the reason was never discovered or stated. Bloody massacres were occurring all around the continent of Gaia but the city of Athenia remained blissfully ignorant to it all. The people had no idea what was happening.

"At first, I didn't believe any of it...." Lux admitted, taking another sip of her soup as she stared off into the distance, remembering her initial shock upon seeing the raided villages. Her eyes were sad, almost regretful. If only she had arrived earlier--she wished she had been able to help them. But she was unable to, and the thought haunted her. They were small, unimportant villages. But the lives lost were innocent--they deserved to live just as much as anyone else did. "But I followed the trail of raided villages all the way here, to the Great Forest. Of course, no demon or dark elf would be stupid enough to attack Athenia without an army, but that's exactly what they're building--an army." Lux said, frowning slightly as she popped another piece of bread in her mouth. She chewed slowly, swallowing before she spoke again.

"I was able to gather information from the demon I slayed--he said they were meeting in Hilltown, so I believe that Hilltown is where they will attack first. The warden of Oldtown has sent countless scrolls since the last full moon, trying to warn and inform Hilltown and Athenia of the raids, but because King Lyonel has not confirmed the threat of these....dark beings, they are not taking any of it seriously. I know not of what goes on beyond Lyonel's castle gates, but it's rumored that he's sick. It is also possible that he is not being told of any of this." Lux said, frowning at the thought. It was highly likely--Lyonel's advisors were known to be secretive and greedy, a contrast to the man they served. If Lyonel was as sick as the rumors said he was, then he was bedridden and on the verge of death.

Clearing her throat, Lux ripped off the last of her bread, chewing it slowly before she washed it down with more soup. "I know I must seem crazy--hanging a demon's head in the middle of the city square," Lux said, with a small and gentle laugh. But then her voice grew serious and she turned to look at Onvyr, meeting his eyes with a solemn look. "But you have not seen what I have seen. The threat is real. I am not asking anyone to fight--I am simply asking for people to journey with me to Hilltown to see the truth with their own eyes." Her voice was earnest and grave, the severity of the situation evident in her tone. It did not matter if he believed her or not--Lux had seen the aftermath of the raids firsthand.

She knew what was coming, and she would be lying if she said that she was not scared.

She gave him a scroll which he accepted and immidiately opened to read. It seemed legit and he looked up to smile at her, grateful. The message in it though, didn't warm him at all. It made him worry more and he felt the need to help her again, just like he had felt it this morning. The elf sighed and rolled the scroll back in its original state. He placed it on her lap and gave her quick look of worry. Onvyr didn't say a lot, still trying to process how real it all just became. He had felt along his travels that some things didn't line up. Also he had never believed in the demons dissapearing totally for once and all, this scroll here just confirmed his thoughts, but mostly his nightmares.

"I am glad I'm not the only one who doesn't want to believe this.' The man almost chuckled but instead sighed again, averting his gaze towards the elf next to him. He actually had to look down a lot to meet her eyes, she was tiny, didn't seem too strong either. Still she had managed to slay a demon and she had mustered up the courage to start a discussion. Looking at her, he felt respect and admiration for the girl next to him. She met his eyes and admitted to being crazy. He shrug and laughed shortly . "Brave is what you are doing and scared is what you are feeling." Onvyr spoke, remembering someone who once told him the same sentence. Maybe he had hoped the white haired survivor sitting next to him was this extremely brave and naive person, spilling only heroic tales and sharing no fear. Instead she was just a person like all others, he was glad, but the fear inside him grew.

Not sure on what to do, now that he was sitting next to her, he placed his hands on his knees and looked up. "Do not worry, I believed you from the moment I saw you sneaking around with that head in the middle of the night." He turned his head to her and smiled gently, but dissapearing quickly from his face. "I'll fight with you, but I can not promise to be as brave as you, I do not know my way with magic and most find me an annoying elf." Onvyr sighed again. "But I'll try to stay by your side, hoping that my optimism may welcome the party you gathered." The elf smiled and felt quite invincible. He could fight, magic users weren't really that strong and he was strong too, yes. She could trust him and he would try to trust her. Ignoring the feeling he just made a mistake and got himself in a very dangerous situation.

Lux

As Onvyr spoke again, his voice was less guarded and he had seemed to relax slightly. This sent a wave relief over Lux and she no longer felt so alone—she had managed to make a connection with the elf, and he could sense her urgency as well. He believed her, and the thought made her heart swell. If she could gain his trust, maybe she could gain others’ as well. Turning to face him, she couldn't help but smile as she realized the Elven male had a good heart. "Those are wise words--fear is but a mental state. It can always be overcome," she pondered aloud, getting lost in her own thoughts for a moment.

At the mention of Lux’s sneaking around the previous night, she let out another laugh. Tipping her head back, the melodious sound escaped her mouth before she quickly covered it, containing her laughter. “I knew that was you!” The white haired woman gushed out, her eyes twinkling as she remembered his watchful eyes. Smiling softly, Lux gently clasped her hand over Onvyr’s—a friendly and trusting gesture. She felt at ease around the Elf--maybe it was because he had been the first to speak up and say 'ai'. Regardless of what it was, Lux felt as if she were speaking to an old friend rather than a new one.

“Thank you—“ Lux said, her voice earnest. “But I think you are wrong—I think you are braver than you believe yourself to be. You are willing to fight—though I will not ask that of you right now—against demons and dark elves and who knows what else. You are willing to fight for those who cannot—and that is stronger than any magic I have ever known. Courage is more than just being brave—it’s about staying strong even when you are terrified.” Her words were soft and and tone was gentle. Dropping her hand, Lux offered Onvyr another smile before she tucked some of her hair behind her ear.

“Thank you, Onvyr. I truly believe your aura and optimism will be exactly what we need—dark times are coming. I can feel it—“ Lux said as she shuddered slightly. Darkness was in her blood—but she did not understand that yet. She could sense the darkness in the air, she could sense the evil around her. It was almost as if it was beckoning her, and if she did not know any better, she might have listened.

But Lux was not her father—she would never be anything like him. The dark energy in the air would have motivated and excited him, but it made her feel sick with worry and fear.

sarcove
(excuse the dumbass reason please)

Interactions: cleopatraa cleopatraa TheBeemo TheBeemo
The strange cook or... street performer had stopped finishing with his own arcane cooking in the ending up with a huge pot of aromatic soup though considering the amount of meats it was more accurately to a thin stew. Seeming to sniff the air for a moment a almost scowl grew on his face at the scent of a clearly inferior soup, something the man found offensive to his craft, bland tasteless swill by comparison. it was hardly a challenge to track down the offender they smelled like a elf, and at the very least somebody with a bit of magic under there belts. Unfortunately by the time he’d tracked them down, it seemed The elven girl was already done with it letting out a annoyed sigh he was actually still carrying the pot of soup with him, disregarding whatever cute moment the two elves where having, essentially coming Out of nowhere to drop two large bowls of soup into there hands... with absolutely no context whatsoever. “Try this instead far better then the runny cabbage water you were eating previously“

Users who are viewing this thread

Back