• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

cleopatraa

A Philocalist
Welcome to Athenia, the capitol of the world. In a world where humans coexist with creatures of myth, there must remain order and balance to ensure peace and tranquility. The half elven, half human family of King Lyonel currently serve as the rulers of Athenia and have been in power for the last 70 years after King Lyonel overthrew the Dark Elf tyrant Vecrux (Veh-crooks) and killed off the remaining dark elves. The last few decades has been a time of peace and prosperity for Athenia, and when Athenia thrives, so does the rest of the world. King Lyonel is growing old and sick, and his half human son, the beloved Prince of Athenia, is training to come into power. However, little does he know, that there is a great threat coming to Athenia. Little do the people or royal family know that years ago, King Lyonel had an affair with an elf who bore him a son. A son who he turned away and refused to claim as a bastard. A son who grew up hating his father and the royal family and the facade of "goodness" he believed they put out. A son who was born an elf, but whose evil turned him into darkness. He is one of the first new generation of dark elves, and he is curating a new threat to the world: an army of dark elves and demons.

Athenia is the capitol of world, located on the continent Gaia. On the left of Gaia is Desmonia. North of Desmonia is the Holy Land. If you travel all the way east, past Gaia, you will land on the continent Zorro. Travel southwest, pass the Serpent's Sea, and you will reach Dragon Island.

map.jpg

Types of Beings

Elves: Humanoid, beautiful beings with distinct features such as their pointed ears and lack of wrinkles/skin imperfections They are stronger and faster than the average human but share the same intellect. They are not as emotionally intelligent, however, and that is their weakness. Can seem to be narcissistic, party loving, carefree, and stubborn. They live long lives and age extremely slowly. Elves reach maturity around age 25/26, and they seem to stop aging for a long while. They live to be about 150 years old on average and show signs of aging around 100 years, where they will get their first wrinkles. Normal elves do not have powers, only Higher Elves are gifted with abilities. Weaknesses are iron and silver, but non fatal.

Higher Elves: Just like normal elves, except with heightened senses and intellect. They have good emotional intelligence, unlike normal elves, and tend to have their lives more put together. They are highly regarded in society and are often religious, visiting temples often and paying their respect to the Gods. Not all of them are gifted with magical abilities, but some are. These abilities have much to do with nature and the elements and they are limited, unless they train to expand their powers. Elves can be known to manipulate air, water, earth, and fire. They cannot manipulate vegetation or heal, unlike fairies. Power training is strictly enforced, especially after Vorcrux used his power to spread evil. Iron and silver can be fatal to Higher Elves.

Dark Elves: Thought to be killed off by Lyonel. They are just like higher elves, but stronger due to the darkness that fuels them. They are paler than elves and their blood runs black. When using their abilities, their veins protrude around their eyes. They have red eyes and they are said to drink the blood of their victims, though that is just something Verux and his followers did. In order for an Elf to go dark, they must give in to their dark side. The first step is murder without cause. It is said drinking the blood of the innocent helps an elf turn dark faster. Their powers are not limited to the elements, the most powerful ones were said to have know mind control, reanimate the dead, and drain the life out of someone.

Dwarves: They may be small and stocky, but their strength is unmatched. Dwarves are one of the strongest creatures, which makes them great builders and workers. They are regarded kindly, but they do have a bit of a temper which often gets them into trouble. They have no magical abilities but they are very loved by the fairies.

Fairies: Small, winged beings that can fit in your hand. They are humanoid. They can shapeshift to human size, but when they human sized, they have no magical abilities. Fairies have healing powers, and can manipulate the vegetation on land. A lot of fairies are present in Gaia, which is why Gaia has an abundance of food. Fairies also have the ability to shoot magical force from their hands to damage their opponents. They cannot control any element besides water and earth, but they are powerful at it. Their weaknesses are fire and when they are in their fairy form, they are easier to kill because of their small size.

Witches and Warlocks: Humans gifted with the ability to cast spells and do magic. They are highly regarded in society due to their powers, but they are not noble or religious like the High Elves. They are not bad either, or ill willed. They're simply human. They live normal, human length lives. They are not as strong or as fast as elves.

Demons: Witches and Warlocks that have turned evil. They are as strong and as fast as the average elf, but more cunning. It is very hard to turn into a demon, as humans have more good in their hearts. But over time, if a witch or warlock commits enough heinous acts, they will turn into a demon and live as long as an elf does. A demon has blacked out eyes and they must drink blood in order to survive. They can switch their eyes to "normal" in order to blend in, but when using magic their eyes will turn black. In order to make the transition from witch/warlock to demon, they must kill and drink the blood of an elf.

Humans: I don't think I need to explain this :)

Other creatures:
Merfolk
Werewolves
Dragons
Serpents
Priests/Priestesses (Gifted Higher Elves or Witches/Warlocks who have decided not to use their abilities for anything but the Gods. They reside in the Holy Land above Desmonia.
Ghouls (In the forbidden forest and forest of death)
Ogres (terrible, awful creatures. Can be found deep in the forests, the forbidden forest, forest of death, and deep in the mountains)
Trolls (Guard the bridges and mountains, are not evil but they are super annoying and will trick you and steal from you. some are evil.)

Rules
1. No GodModding or PowerPlaying.
2. Your character cannot be too powerful or too perfect.
3. Ask me if you have an idea for the plot, or just anything. Don't just create new plots. I love ideas though, so if you have one, share!
4. Don't force relationships with another character, make sure it's wanted
5. No killing off characters without permission
6. Must post at least once a day.
7. Posts must be 1-3 paragraphs MINIMUM. More is encouraged!!
8. Realistic FC is preferred, but do whatever ya want <3
9. comment "gaia" in your character sheet after you have made the rules.

I will create the RolePlay as well as character sheet once I find enough people who gain interest!!!

Available Roles:

Prince of Athenia
Evil Son of Athenia (Open, if no one claims, I will)
Elf A Male
Elf B
Higher Elf B
Dwarf A
Dwarf B
Fairy A
Fairy B
Witch/Warlock A
Witch/Warlock B
Dark Elf A
Dark Elf B
Demon A
Demon B
Human A
Human B
Human C

You can be another type of creature, just ask me first. Message me what kind of role you want, and the gender. I want to keep the genders even for the most part. Comment Gaia when you apply for a role so I know you've read the rules.

Last edited:
Interested in a Demon role though i don't know what gender yet.

Holy hecky!! Dwarves and demons fascinate me 0_0

Consider me down please for dwarf lady definitely ^-^ and if no one takes it id love to be a dude demon too!

Ill tag someone i know !! CystalChompound CystalChompound

Last edited:
Once an elf starts committing crimes, they grow more and more dark. And yes that does count because even if you think it's for the greater good, you're acting in your own selfish desire and giving in to the dark side. Think of Anakin Skywalker, he had no reason to kill everybody but he did because he was overcome with so much evil. You can pick your own race and your side when you start, but that doesn't mean you can change the side you support! Also, when I create the main page, I'll drop more info on King Lyonel and Vecrux's past c:

Ok ok as a demon, can we shapeshift and blend in among the commonfolk to hide our black eyes or do we just hope that they dont notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back