• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Seventeen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Tag!

EDIT: For everybody!

Powerpaw pre-Bria.
cat attack GIF

Bria.
my little pony im being adorable GIF

Powerpaw post-Bria. =)
ecstasy happy kitty GIF

Am I lyin'?! =) =) =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Last edited:
Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri jaydude jaydude Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

Hey! Gang!

I just noticed...

...since August of 2014, when we started Sharseya (online) with Chapter One: The Road of Kings, we have since that time broken over 10,000 messages in this single hosted project.

Gang? Am I alone in thinking... that's just badass?!

fight fighting GIF

P.S. I hope to post another one in the next 48 hours. =)

Honor and badassery,
Dann =)

Last edited:
I don't think I'm quite up to posting tonight; I will try again tomorrow. Stay safe, Gang! =)

jaydude jaydude Hey you! Pop quiz! What's in another game, is about 5 1/2 years old, and is still full of funnies despite the old/broken links for when you want a good laugh? Our Good Times funnies page!

This is a fun page in the other game I run, Robotech: Broadsword. A lot of it is military and mecha-based humor but really, anything goes and since you're gaming with us here in Sharseya, I figured why not let you know about the love over there? I love laughter and I love sharing laughter so... you are welcome to enjoy yourself and post there whenever you want! Think of it as another "safe haven!" =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

jaydude jaydude Hey you! Pop quiz! What's in another game, is about 5 1/2 years old, and is still full of funnies despite the old/broken links for when you want a good laugh? Our Good Times funnies page!

This is a fun page in the other game I run, Robotech: Broadsword. A lot of it is military and mecha-based humor but really, anything goes and since you're gaming with us here in Sharseya, I figured why not let you know about the love over there? I love laughter and I love sharing laughter so... you are welcome to enjoy yourself and post there whenever you want! Think of it as another "safe haven!" =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)
Thanks. Will certainly consider it.

Real Life strikes again! Sorry! Will try again tomorrow. =)

Made some progress on the post though. =)

...once the trident had finished with its sarcastic rebuke.
(ellipsis mine)

jaydude jaydude
Ah! It has been that kind of week! I see now that I have goofed up in not telling you that Kaerri's weapon, while definitely sarcastic, is also teasing her.

Kaerri the Player and I know this because we have been playing these two together for so long. But reading through my post, I realize there is no such indication - so I have added one!

Sorry about that! =)

It's friendly mockery! ^;3^ (They do have that relationship. I hear it in my head even when Dann doesn't specifically say so, so like him I didn't catch that he hadn't mentioned it this time.)

Purr Purr I'd like to try a Arcana check to see if I know how to 'cure' Kaerri of her color changing. With the Callen Encyclopedia of Averlundian Adventures I have a total of a +21 to my roll.

I was just about to ask you but you beat me to it! =)

Thank you for your elf-quick replies, you three! Now we'll wait to hear what our fellow Players across the pond have to say! =)

And that was supposed to go into Robotech: Broadsword. ADHD! Five times the energy! TEN TIMES the distractions! All at the cost of the complete removal of your inhibitions (O.K., not true, but sometimes it feels that way)! Wheeeee! 8D

Star Wars Reaction GIF

Last edited:
A little chuckle that I’ll call ‘Be Careful What You Wish For.’

Captain Hesperus

Attachments

• 6A95B235-F8E7-4DEF-BE64-C551CC430963.jpeg
    6A95B235-F8E7-4DEF-BE64-C551CC430963.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 5
Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Absolutely! I learned early in my formative DMing years how to handle things like... Wish spells? Words matter! 8D

I'll put a post up later today after Kaerri. =)

Otiorin had taken the role of host, offering the assembled kobolds something to drink or eat and warning them about Arfy, Barfy and Snarfy, but lending an ear to the conversations amongst the bigger folk.
Wow! Gang? Your Cap'n has just saved you guys one heck of a future hassle (one that had already formed in my mind) by introducing the kobolds (Nitwit included) to the three Killer Mimics who guard the inner stores of the Wayward Wagon!

However, this DM is thinking that maybe someone wants to do the same with Alisa? =) Just a thought! =)

When he heard the talk about the 'Dumbstump' swords, it wasn't for the first time he wished Bronze was still in their numbers. The doughty smith would have rendered those dolorous blades down into delicate cutlery and napkin rings fit to grace a king's banquet table.

But that moment of sadness was replaced with mirth as he watched Kaerri's misadventure.
I am right there with Oti in this!

Besides... how many others in the Wayward Wanderers would even know of the secret existence of this most-incredible spell possessed only by the archmagi, the most studious of druids, and the greatest of sorcerers? The 9th level spell called... Shapechange!

Oreleth is not nearly as skilled in the ways of magic as Luna, but even she has heard of the Shapeshift spell and the wonders that can be done with it.
(bold mine)
Psychie Psychie Just noting here - I can barely get behind this statement because Oreleth is a 1st-level Wizard and an Arcane Archer with 6 levels behind her. I rolled her own Arcana and she just made it. =)

"Alisa," Bria cups her hand and says softly to the Highwindian, "I don't know how the others will answer our kobold guests, but... this sort of thing kind of... does happen all of the time in this party of ours!"
I mean, just look at the reactions of everybody! Nobody's bothered, most people are more concerned with the potion itself and not the side effects of breathing fumes (including Kaerri herself), lots of teasing. No one's fazed at all. 🤣

If you don't mind, I would like to take a small time-saving liberty with Alisa's use of Detect Evil. In tabletop games, I ask users of such abilities how long they choose to examine an item. By the time a PC is 13th level, unless something is time-sensitive, it is always a good idea to examine for all 3 Rounds. Given your situation, I would have her do so here instead of my asking you and waiting for reply and so forth.

I'm cool with this.

Most of you know this, but it bears repeating: if I ever write something that makes you uncomfortable, let me know! I'm as human as the next person and just as capable as anyone of goofing up. When it happens, I'm a big fan of cleaning up my own messes, but I can't fix it if I don't know what's broken - so when in doubt, tell me! I'd rather know then not. =)

Look! Repeating bears! =)
Greetings Hello GIF

Greetings Hello GIF

Hee hee! =)

(bold mine)
Psychie Psychie Just noting here - I can barely get behind this statement because Oreleth is a 1st-level Wizard and an Arcane Archer with 6 levels behind her. I rolled her own Arcana and she just made it. =)
Sorry. I thought that Shapeshift would have been well known enough for her to have heard of it.

"Speaking of the terrible trio, Arisa, have you been introduced to them yet? I don't want you to have any problems with getting bit through some misunderstandings."

I'm not at all familiar with those characters. Should I be? Should Alisa?

Sorry. I thought that Shapeshift would have been well known enough for her to have heard of it.
No worries, lady! Shapechange is such a high-level spell only used in such campaigns that many a PC doesn't even know about it. They hear the name and connect the dots, but I don't remember the last PC that cast that awesome spell in-game. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back