• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Eleven

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not picturing the bow to be to the same scale as a true artifact such as those. They are real game changers no matter how you look at them. Instead, I was thinking more along the lines of a powerful bow that can be crafted using normal item creation rules, just a very expensive and complicated one. Something that I could conceivably acquire for my character during the game before I hit level 18+. Does that answer your question?

Be careful what you get, Psy. From Dann's mind, you might get your idea out burnt crispy instead of just medium rare!

Note from the Dungeon Master (after you've read up in-game).
That tale, no matter how many times I write or tell it, never gets any easier to tell.

Just to let everyone know that not only is Nivirea's sheet now complete with all the level-up changes, but I've also successfully redesigned the sheet of my first character, Wolf.

Some trivia: Due to its superior aesthetics, I simply copy/pasted Nivirea's sheet code into Wolf's thread and then changed each field one by one. Guess which Feat replaced Wolf's illegally acquired Spell Penetration? That's right, Endurance! *rawrrr*

Get it? Oh gawd that was awful, wasn't it? >.<

p.s. Looking at you, Luna ^;3^

Wolf, you iz sillies! =)

Re: Bren's speech. My first thought after reading all that was, "Maaaaan! You turn Bren into a paladin and he starts speechin'!!" Just look at him go! =)

Poke him if he gets too pompous. >.> He's ticklish, but he's also in armor...

He does mean every word, though.

Heya folks! Just wanted to express gratitude for your patience - this week has been a doozy with an overload of Real Life including a new schedule and my having worked 7 days straight and adjusted my sleeping rhythm around (this is not something that comes easily to the hyperactive). =)

I think I'm back on track now! Having caught up on Robotech: Broadsword today, I hope to post IC here tomorrow. =)

Remember, if you have any OOC-related questions, please post them here in OOC! =)

Heya folks'

My most recent post was sent via phone and therefore lacks the colored text many of us have become used to. I hope to fix this when I get home. =)

Psychie Psychie The bow your character is looking to create is called Soulsinger. A longbow of Wood Elven design, the plans were writ by a master hunter who has followed Solonor Thelandira for many human lifetimes.

The legend tells of an elf who was blessed by Solonor with a dream. The dream told of a method involving fascinating materials that once put together correctly would create a longbow like no other on Sharseya.

The bow, once crafted, would become a thing meant for music as well as hunting. The hunter can sing to the bow and tell it of the prey it must help her catch or the enemies they must slay together.

So it is sung:

"When soul and bow are dear,
all their prey shall have cause to fear.
When hand and string are in tune,
Hearts will fill with joyous boon.
When bow and soul are one,
then all can be seen under Moon and Sun.
So it is for the meat-bringer,
Who hunts and sings with the Soulsinger."

How does that sound, Psychie?

That is just the kind of thing I was hoping for. I'll add that bow and its description to my background so I don't forget it. Thank you.

EDIT Since the bow is supposed to be sung to, I moved a few ranks around to pick up Performance (Singing).

Last edited:
Sounds fine by me, but I'd rather you'd move the ranks there because your character likes singing and music. Still, it works. =)

Now we just need some way to get your character introduced to the story.

I've got that all set up; it's just a matter of you guys and gals continuing through the story. =)

Psychie, I'm glad you like the idea of the Soulsinger. I had fun creating it. =)

Good! Wonder is a part of gaming and a nice part of Real Life! =)

Wolf, your recent posts have been excellent, bud! If you are at a loss of what to say now, have no worries; I think you'll have something for Nivirea to say not long from now; you'll be hearing from the non-Wayward Wanderers in my next post which I hope to have up soon. So maybe that will help. =)

On a related note, I ended my last post where I did because I didn't want to post too much and I liked ending the post that way. =)

As for when Psychie's new character joins you, that is really just a matter of getting your characters to a certain point in the story. =)

Cap'n posted! Yaaaaaaaaay! 8D *shoots off fireworks, runs around in circles, does the happy dance.* =)

Okies, I've let Real Life interfere long enough. Time to put it in its place! I hope to post tomorrow. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back