• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Eleven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purr

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Heya folks! The "Sharseya Express" railroad continues!

So! Remember last chapter and that part about trusting me with the RP Points? Now that you have trained for 9th level, I can now award you RP Points for this chapter on top of a few more that I had to withhold for last chapter. Those of you who have been keeping up with the RP Points thread ("Uncle Dave's Way") will have a strong clue as to the why. For the rest of you - you guys were about to hit your experience point maximum.

There is a guideline that states that you cannot have more than two experience levels of experience points available. You have to train and spend them because if you don't, you lose the excess experience points! Well, no way I'm going to see you guys and gals robbed like that!

So, with Mielikki being kind enough to begin a new chapter here, I am now allowed to award you more RP Points allowing all of you (this time, including Nivirea) to train again thereby freeing up your RP Points for the upcoming dungeon!

Each of you has earned 5 RP Points. This brings the party to the following RP Point totals:
Ready to train for 10th level with 4 RP Points - Brendoran, Otiorin, Luna, Mamapaw, Powerpaw, Bria.
Ready to train for 9th level with 0 RP Points - Nivirea (again, keep that roll of 6 for hit points).
9th level with 0 RP Points - Psychie's yet-to-be-played Elven Arcane Archer.

And here, I have a balance-related question for all of you (actually, like many things, I've had it awhile now, but only now do I have the proper opportunity to type it here). Is everyone all right with me granting Wolf's character bonus RP Points?

This is in part because of Psychie's character coming into the game. She's bottom of the 9th level like Wolf's character; I didn't want to make her 8th for Dungeon Master reasons, but I can see where it might be deemed unfair that a character who has been playing for some months (Nivirea) have the same experience total as someone who just walked in the door.

My remedy for this is to bump Nivirea up to 9th level with 5 RP Points, putting her right smack in the middle of the pack. Wolf? Just think of it as thanks for all of the computer-program-related maps and goodies (including the funnies!) over the years.

Is everyone all right with this solution? What do you think?

I have no objections at all to Nivirea joining us in leveling up. Bring it on, I say!

Now, just to confirm, we are getting trained up by Oscar? I don't want to post any changes to my sheet without making sure that I'm all set for level 10.

Even though I am the newbie here, I am happy that I am not starting out at a higher level than the other existing players in the game. That was a concern of mine as I was making up my sheet, but I had faith that Dann knew what he was doing. Glad to see that I was right!

I'm in favor. Bonus XP for certain actions has long been a tradition in Sharseya (and you guys can't exactly make dinner for the group, as some players have).

Now, just to confirm, we are getting trained up by Oscar?
Yes. Consider your characters 10th level (save for Nivirea).

That was a concern of mine as I was making up my sheet, but I had faith that Dann knew what he was doing.

Thank you, Psychie! That makes me feel good! =)

Bonus XP for certain actions has long been a tradition in Sharseya (and you guys can't exactly make dinner for the group, as some players have).

Well, in the original post for "RP Points", it's explained - you gals and guys can step forward whenever you want if you really think someone has done something worthy of an extra reward. I get that this sort of thing can be abused, but I'm not worried about that here in RP Nation. Each of you are just kick-ass players. =)

Cool. I'll just need a hit point roll for Luna, and she will be all set.

Yep. As before, I need to wait on everyone to see and understand this. Plus, if folks want to change the color of their die roll, that's something they do at this stage too. Once I've got replies and dice colors back from everyone, I'll roll and put the results in one spot again. Organization, it's fun, fun, fun! =)

I know that Mithral armor does, but I'm not sure about a regular suit of magic armor.

Psychie Psychie No, not unless it is a quality of the armor itself, magical or otherwise. The best example I can think of in Sharseya is Asgardian-made Elven Chain from, you guessed it, the plane of Gladsheim in the realm of Asgard, home of the Norse Gods - even unmagicked, that armor feels as light and free as a t-shirt and protects better than solid steel. Truly the stuff of great Elven smiths.

Sure! There are, of course, other forms of less-restricting gear like Bracers of Defense, rings, amulets, and that Ioun Stone your character has. But you have to admit - magical Breastplate looks pretty cool.

However (and there's that word again), your character hasn't been played yet, Psychie. For me, she's still in "rough draft" stage. So, if you'd rather she have an armor type below that of breastplate (say, studded leather) for a lighter Arcane Spell Failure chance, just say the word! Like you yourself said, you started with a fighter and got turned on to Arcane Archer. Seems to me you had a non-caster class in mind at the beginning, hence the breastplate?

Dungeon Master note for all:

Just like last level, folks, do post the improvements from training your character here. Share them with me and your fellow players. These are achievements after all and what better way to celebrate them than with your own party? =)

Sure! There are, of course, other forms of less-restricting gear like Bracers of Defense, rings, amulets, and that Ioun Stone your character has. But you have to admit - magical Breastplate looks pretty cool.

However (and there's that word again), your character hasn't been played yet, Psychie. For me, she's still in "rough draft" stage. So, if you'd rather she have an armor type below that of breastplate (say, studded leather) for a lighter Arcane Spell Failure chance, just say the word! Like you yourself said, you started with a fighter and got turned on to Arcane Archer. Seems to me you had a non-caster class in mind at the beginning, hence the breastplate?
If I were to go with Studded Leather, what magical effect would I have to it, since the Breastplate had the 25% chance to negate a crit or a sneak attack.

Just like last level, folks, do post the improvements from training your character here. Share them with me and your fellow players. These are achievements after all and what better way to celebrate them than with your own party? =)
This is from level 9 because I don't have any of level 10 done yet, but after that terrific roll Bren got last time, he had exactly 100 hit points! ^D^

I'm at 63 points, but I also plan on doing my best to not be in the thick of the fight, and let my bow reach out and touch someone at a nice, safe distance.

If I were to go with Studded Leather, what magical effect would I have to it, since the Breastplate had the 25% chance to negate a crit or a sneak attack.

Same magical effects, just studded leather instead of breastplate. In other words, you would have Studded Leather +2 of Light Fortification (and though its Armor Class bonus is 3 points less, the Arcane Spell Failure drops to 15%). Mind, if you don't want studded leather, I'll let you select anything from breastplate on down, including chain shirt or leather. Whatever suits your character best. =)

Same magical effects, just studded leather instead of breastplate. In other words, you would have Studded Leather +2 of Light Fortification (and though its Armor Class bonus is 3 points less, the Arcane Spell Failure drops to 15%). Mind, if you don't want studded leather, I'll let you select anything from breastplate on down, including chain shirt or leather. Whatever suits your character best. =)
Sounds like a plan! I'll go with that. Thank you.

Sure! But which type of armor did you want for her?

I'll go with the studded leather. That way I'll have a good chance to add a spell to my arrows without it flubbing due to my armor.

You got it! Plus, I've yet to see an elf that didn't look good in leather, studded or otherwise. =)

This is from level 9 because I don't have any of level 10 done yet, but after that terrific roll Bren got last time, he had exactly 100 hit points! ^D^
Luna has just hit 50 points, but as a wizard, she's not supposed to be in the mix, but lobbing spells from a distance to support the tanks like Bren, Otiorin, and Powerpaw.

I hide with pride.

I'm at 63 points, but I also plan on doing my best to not be in the thick of the fight, and let my bow reach out and touch someone at a nice, safe distance.

Luna has just hit 50 points, but as a wizard, she's not supposed to be in the mix, but lobbing spells from a distance to support the tanks like Bren, Otiorin, and Powerpaw.

I hide with pride.
It's Bren's job to stand in front of you all :D Otiorin's really melee DPS, not a tank, but Powerpaw can probably tank about as well as Bren can. I'm just happy to be in triple-digits!

Sounds good to me. I'll just make sure to keep you out of the area of effect of my Fireball spells!

"...but Powerpaw can probably tank about as well as Bren can.

I believe differently. Being that this is my game, tanking is in part a Charisma + roleplaying thing. Want to tank some Drow Elves? Taunt them about how bad their spider queen, Lolth is. This is where Brendoran has the edge - he has a positive CHA modifier while Powerpaw has a negative. Take into account that Powerpaw is a natural born killer while Bren is called "Shield Stallion" by Mielikki's people for good reason. Then add into the mix Powerpaw's chaotic fearsomeness (making many enemies want to run from him simply because of what he is) and Bren's goodliness and rise to Paladinhood (making many enemies want to kill him or run from him simply because of what he is) and there you have it - Bren will win a tanking competition with Powerpaw probably 4 out of 5 times.

Powerpaw can off-tank and do less-than-decent damage at range, but you put that guy into melee and... well... you know. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back