• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Eleven

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to interrupt this cuteness to bring you the boring announcement that I've caught up with the game.

I'm not sure if I ought to post anything at the moment, though. I guess Nivirea is just along for the ride, somewhere *woof*

Heya Gang!

I intend to post tomorrow in both games. Stay safe, healthy, smile, and share a smile with somebody else! =)

I'm not sure if I ought to post anything at the moment, though. I guess Nivirea is just along for the ride, somewhere *woof*

The choice is yours. If Nivirea has something she wants to do or not, that's fine. =)

Luna would like to ponder what she knows about the people from this distant port of Glimmerdawn, using my Knowledge: Geography skill

Ignore the first roll. I hit a 12 sided die instead of the normal 20 for that first one. Guess Luna doesn't know much about the place.

Aaand what comes after rolling a 1 on a skill check, Gang? =)

I cannot believe just how bad the dice roller is treating you guys in both my games (Wolf, an unusual percentage of their recent rolls have in under 5 on a d20)... Talk about bllllaaarrrgh...

Last edited:
O.K., now that that is determined, please roll percentile and let's see how bad the damage is. The lower the roll, the lesser Luna's misconceptions. =)

With a roll like that, yes, a little brain damage could be conceived.

Just Kidding!

it will be a doozy, But it definitely could have been a lot worse. =)

You mean the brain damage, right?

:smilepuff:

Ha ha! You would know all about brain damage, Wolf! Your head is probably just as whacked out as mine! *tease tease* =)

Sherwood Sherwood Due, let's say, to a college prank that Luna fell for and was never let in on, Luna honestly believes the following:

The city of Glimmerdawn is actually a fabrication and cover for a magical kingdom of gay gnomes who secretly rule the entire city. The revered and royal name of the Beeblebobble clan is spoken in hushed whispers, for the Beeblebobble clan cannot stand disrespect, and are known for turning their foes into seagulls.

Their power is only outmatched by the Wizards and Sorcerers of Summerset, whom they hold in awe, especially those from noble houses.

So, to make oneself known as their ally, one must pull the gay gnomes aside, and speaking only in their presence, loudly and proudly proclaim that ancient and secret arcane passphrase...

"Bare Beeblebobble buns are second to none!"

Now, as ridiculous as this is, and before you go thinking that your DM has suddenly turned into a troll, understand that this could have gone much worse had the fumble roll been higher. In fact, it could have gone so badly, it may have messed up your current quest!

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Well, I try to tease everybody equally when opportunity arises. Heh! As long as everyone's laughing, that is. =) I'm sure by now everyone knows that, but it's still worth bringing up.

With a skill failure of this magnitude (fumble with two ones back to back with a 70/100 result), it's not fair of me to just brush it off, nor is it fair of me to make up something that will hugely screw all of you down the road. Don't think it can't happen. For this, I think it's got to be something going down the middle-ish road, and if that something is outright ridiculous instead of damaging, that's fair in my book given the way the dice have "spoken".

Plus, this being a Lore-related fumble, this misinformation can get fixed long before Luna goes and makes a fool out of herself in Glimmerdawn someday. =)

But then again... hee hee... maybe you all think Wolf is right, I'm just trolling, my games are going too easy on you, and maybe I need to bump them up a notch?

How do you feel about that, Gang? =)

Sherwood Sherwood Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie

Don't ask me, I'm the one with the character who still thinks drow won't ever harm hobbits because of a botched roll. ^;3^

P.S. - Sherwood Sherwood , you may want to record this on your character sheet for later.

Yeah, very funny. Right up until it happens to your character. When it happens to someone else's character, its damn funny.

I've no qualms with this aspect of your Storytelling, Dann, though I still think that this is just too goofy. In all honesty, fumbles or double fumbles or triple fumbles, I don't see how Luna could ever be made to believe something this silly unless she were being magically brainwashed. Or actually had brain damage, but if that were true there should have been signs before!

Maybe it's just me, but I'd sooner go with something a little damaging than overly crazy *woof*

Disclaimer: I don't recommend any of the means of disposal here. Usually giving them "timeout" works too ^D^ (If one is superstitious...)

On a related note - to this day, thanks to a bad fumble about 10 years ago during our tabletop game, Bria still believes that hobbits are such sweet and loving people that they can't do any damage in combat.

Only in Sharseya Online has she gained any evidence to the contrary (Kitrin, Kaerri's previous hobbit warrior and chats behind the scenes with both Bonny and Whittle). Otherwise, dear ol' Bria was made to believe that hobbits were as harmless as she was. That might not sound too bad until you dig a little deeper, as it were, and realize that hobbits (at least those out of Highwind) take serious offense to being told they can't do something. Sharseyan hobbits have it bad enough with most folks underestimating their worth without having to hear this being preached by a Ko monk. =)

Going back to Luna, and at the risk of repeating myself and boring you, the ridiculousness is indeed the misleading lore's Achilles Heel. Luna has apparently been told this by a group she trusted so dearly that it overtook common logic (call it, say, her gaming group in college; sure they pranked other people, but they would never prank her! Noooo!). Once the blinders are finally pulled over Luna's eyes, this might lead to a fun little side adventure back to the Knowledge College in Summerset with a little bit of payback from your party's foremost Pyromancer! Heh heh heh... =)

Psychie Psychie Kaerri Kaerri Re: Robotech: Broadsword. Due to the RPNation dice roller going all dark side on the party, do you also want me to roll my dice for you in this game too?

Yes, please. I want the dice roller here to sit back in time out and think about what its done for a while before I use it again.

Ha ha ha ha! While the seriousness of your statement is clear, Psychie, I just can't help but crack up at your delivery! White dice in both games it is. =)

Yes please, but Bren would like blue dice. ^33^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back