• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Eleven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Sherwood Sherwood ? I have been meaning to ask this; you have two pictures of Luna, one dark-haired, one blonde. Which is she?

Dark haired. The blonde one is just an effect of the lighting, making it look lighter.

Kaerri Kaerri While reviewing character sheets, I caught a goof - the "Large-sized spiked shield" Powerpaw is lending Bren is +2, not +1. It still counts as a tower shield for Bren and because it is meant for someone Powerpaw's size, there is still the -2 to strike, but boy does Bren have some delicious shieldy protection!

Psychie Psychie Pardon me if I sound nitpicky, but did you subtract those three spent arrows from Oreleth's character sheet?

Wow, you guys have been busy. I'm a little lot behind due to having taken a vacation this week, and despite my best intentions I doubt I'll be up to speed until Sunday. So... yeah *woof*

You didn't even notice I was gone, did ya lol?

Of course I did! How many Wolfs have we got around here? =)

No worries! Have fun! =)

Last edited:
Oh! When did she fire the fourth? I missed that.

As for inventory, you mean something other than your character sheet or in-game posts?

The first shot fired two, thanks to one of her Feats. Then there was a third arrow at the -5, and back up to a fourth with full bonuses.

On my sheet I have it marked that I carry 40 arrows ready to fly on me at any one time, with more in backup in my Bag of Holding. I took the four arrows off of that base 40 I carry. After all, I haven't had the chance to resupply from my bag yet.

Ah! Now I see the adjustments and the clear meaning of the post (which I missed).

Please do me the favor of stating when your character using a feat (like Manyshot)? Stating, "I'm using Manyshot with +13 to hit," stands out more for me than "First shot is with two arrows at +13 to hit..." Feats are like keywords in my brain; they make a bigger impression and I remember them better.

And thanks for clearing up my confusion! Sometimes I'm easily confuzzled even when I'm not gaming! Wooo for ADHD! =)

Last edited:
Understood. From now on, I'll make sure to specify when I'm attacking and using Many Shot, Rapid Shot, or any of the other abilities I have.

If there is any changes that you want me to make to my record keeping to keep track of my expended arrows, please let me know.

Thank you for the offer; that is nice of you. All I really have is a recommendation - on my own character sheets, I typically keep a total and a running tally to remind myself of both values. I.e. Normal arrows 36/40. If that works for you, use it. If it doesn't, toss it aside. =)

Thanks again for calling out the Feats. It really does make a difference in this brain of mine.

Heya Gang!
Subject: Cap'n.

Even though Wolf won't see this until he returns, I think it is best to get this out now. The more I research Pathfinder 2.0 Playtest, the more I feel the need to bring this up.

I am convinced that our dear Cap'n won't be rejoining us, but I cannot tell you why because I have not heard from him.

Concerning his characters, Otiorin and Hercules, I sent out two conversations asking him what his plans were. I received no replies.

That was a month ago.

Cap'n has definitely been on RpN since then, so I have no reason to believe he did not read the conversations. He has also not checked in OOC chat in either game. While I am giving him benefit of the doubt, there is not much I can do with silence.

So, I am open to suggestions from you concerning how our games should go forward. What do you think?

My guess is, I'm going to have to retire both of his characters (like Killfire's character, Bronze). If so, this creates three forseeable changes:

1. The Wayward Wanderers now lack a rogue. This changes the dungeon I had in mind for you.
2. Bria is single again (for the same reason that Bren is single; the PC he was married to isn't here nor do I expect her to be).
3. I can pretty much shelf all of the adventure-related ideas I had in store with his characters.

Copper for your thoughts, gang?

One option is to have one of us make up a Rogue as a second character. That would give us the skills needed to detect/disarm traps, and add to the amount of available combat firepower. The downside to that is it would be a bit of extra paperwork for whatever player is running the second character.

Option two is to have a NPC added to the group. I don't like this idea as much, because we already have several NPCs in Mamapaw and Powerpaw, Bria, and Oscar. Adding to Dannigan's workload is asking a lot of you.

Option three is to retire a current character and replace him/her with a thief. I would hate to turn Luna over to Temporal Stasis, since I have put so much into her over the years of this game. Perhaps Psychie Psychie could be persuaded to tweak Oreleth to add a few levels of Rogue, or to completely change our Arcane Archer into a more thiefy character class.

Option four is to open up the game to a new player, with the caveat that we need a Rogue in the mix. The trouble with that is the question of who do we want to extend the invitation to, and would they even accept? Using some of the players here as an example, Wolf Rawrrr was extended an invite to Robotech: Broadsword, but didn't want to join in that game.

Option five is to continue as is, and let the cards fall where they will. That may require Dannigan to tweak his encounters to make it possible for us to make it through the dungeon crawl that we are about to go on, or to make sure we have plenty of healing available to restore us when we trigger a trap.

Do any of you see any other options that I have not covered?

It would be easy enough for me to edit Oreleth to have some levels in Rogue; I would end up dropping the Arcane Archer stuff and have five or six levels of Fighter and the rest in Rogue. It would require me to have a whole new set of hit points rolled up, but that is easily enough accomplished either with the roller or by using Dannigan's own dice there.

This wouldn't alter my background for Oreleth at all, so I don't need to worry about that. Probably would be the easiest fix for this, and I don't mind doing it. There are some pretty cool Rogue Talents out there that I would enjoy picking up in place of the Wizard levels I have with the Arcane Archer.

Purr Purr I don't want to make any changes to Oreleth without getting the ok from you. Shall I go ahead and take up the Rogue mantle? I would be dropping the Wizard and Arcane Archer levels and get the three Rogue ones instead.

Whoa, hold your horses. =) Please do not ever make any such changes to your characters without my clear approval. That is a very good way to toss any game right on its head. =)

So... As totally cool and selfless as that is of you, good Psychie, in Pathfinder one does not just swap character levels around like that without some kind of in-game event (for example, Bren changed from a Fighter/Ranger to a Paladin directly because of his goddess's direct action). Plus, at this point in the game, Otiorin would either be a 4th level Rogue or higher; every Rogue level makes a difference in that class (just ask Kaerri).

Furthermore and probably more importantly, I would rather change my dungeon than for any of you to make drastic changes like this to any of your characters. There will be enough surprises and fun when it rolls around as it is! =)

UPDATE: Whoa! Cap'n just replied! I am "Conversation" with him right now! WOOO! It appears he is still interested in playing; RP Nation apparently told him that he had read my Conversations when, actually, he hadn't. Darn Glitch Goblins at it again!

I understand. I was making the offer to change my levels around to help solve problems, not make more, especially since I have not yet done anything 'Arcane Archery' at all. That's why I was making sure you were ok with my tweaking before actually doing it. Hopefully we'll have the question on the Rogue character solved soon enough.

It would be nice to have Cap back in the mix with us again.

Psychie, oh I know! Like Cap'n and the others, you have been earned benefit of the doubt in this DM's book, lady. =)

I'm very happy. It looks like I don't have to retire either of Cap'n's characters, but we'll see. He has asked for a synopsis for each game; a really good sign. It sounds like he hopes to rejoin us "soonish."

I'm so darned glad he sent me word... I was very close to retiring his characters and now it looks that it isn't necessary after all! Yaaay! =)

Cool deal! I look forward to having his characters back in the game with us (hopefully).

Incidentally, the Kaerri I take my username from is my first character in Sharseya tabletop, a half-elf rogue who is, in theory, out and about somewhere still...

Oh my gosh, Kaerri-darlin'. Fluttershy and Pikachu... Cutest avatar evaaaar! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back