• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Eighteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries! I feel you meant no wrongdoing (you earned my benefit of the doubt long ago).

Again, no harm, no foul. =)

For those interested, if you remember way back in the Before Times, I backed a Kickstarter for some Dragon Eye Dice:
6e28c6cced58fefa83f361b826fdb4d5_original.jpg

And, as is sometimes the way for Kickstarters, the project has had it's stumbling points, but there is an update:

Great News folks, the Dice are on the move.
Having completed the audit and reprint of a selection of dice, they have been released and will be travelling to our freight forwarder very soon. As soon as space has been booked on a vessel we will release the name of the boat and the MarineTraffic tracking link.
Many thanks again to all our backers for your patience as we have developed this totally new manufacturing process to create these unique dice.
45a57065308bfd81659c2995cfb635ec_original.png
*genuine reaction to our dice from Elijah Wood
As we mentioned in our last update, we donated our sample sets of the Dragon Eye Dice to the charity Extra Life for their Lord of the Rings™ Roleplaying Game playthrough, The Red Scribe. This event was shot at LA Comic Con in December last year. The entire playthrough can be seen here. Available on the IGN channels from 11am tomorrow morning.
A ten minute cut down of the live event will be aired in cinemas around the US and Canada from tomorrow night. This will be screened prior to a showing of Return of the King, to celebrate its 20th Anniversary. If you are interested and want tickets, you can find out more information here.
If you do end up attending this event or watch the live playthrough, do let us know your thoughts and we hope you enjoy seeing your dice on the big screen as well as in your hands very soon.
And finally, if you have moved please do let us know by emailing our customer service team at help@spidermindgames.com and we can update your details.
Many thanks once again,
Jon & Oliver
and the Spidermind Games Team

Tentatively hopeful that I'll have the dice sometime before I leave for Valinor.

Captain Hesperus

Wow, Cap'n! They're even releasing the name of the vessel they'll be sailing on! That's got to count for something!

I sure hope you love them when you get them! =)

As Luna emerged with the crystal ball, Alisa sat up a little straighter in her chair. Aside from the fact that the Wayward Wanderers seemed to trust him, she knew little about this individual named Oscar, and part of her considered that she might be called upon to vouch for the kobolds, being a paladin and all that.
(bold mine)

That's right! You heard it here first! Alisa... is all that! 8D

woman destroying GIF

(I am going to pause here and give Kaerri, Sil, and Cap'n, time to post as Kaerri, Aldrin, and Oti. Perhaps someone will fill Alisa and Aldrin in on who Oscar is and why there is excitement in contacting him?) =)

(I am going to pause here and give Kaerri, Sil, and Cap'n, time to post as Kaerri, Aldrin, and Oti. Perhaps someone will fill Alisa and Aldrin in on who Oscar is and why there is excitement in contacting him?) =)
Alisa didn't actually say she doesn't know, so Kaerri's not likely to think she needs more info. Aldrin being a halfing, and the vast majority of halflings in the Highwind area being, well, in Highwind itself, ditto. (Also Kaerri's been out of the room and might reasonably assume that was covered before Luna went off to stare at the crystal ball.) Sorry!

Actually, assuming we can have some RP before Luna returns in triumph (about 10 minutes, you said), Kaerri is going to ask for an explanation. Because rereading the post order, she has no idea why the crystal ball is even in play just now. Or what the party has in mind. Or, well, anything. ^;3^

The total amount of spoken words between Kaerri's return to the group and Luna returning with activated crystal ball, as currently posted:
"Everyone,i I don't mean to be rude, but I simply cannot study the proper use of this complex item in this chaos. If you will excuse me, I will delve into this in the quiet of my room and return when I'm done."
"Take all the time you need, miss Luna. After this much time, a few more minutes won't make a difference."

So! Off to write Kaerri's point of view.

Bump for anyone who feels like posting. =)

"...I see." Alisa replied, being more than a little taken aback to learn that the group had first met Oscar under such fantastical circumstances. "That...must have been quite the adventure."
jaydude jaydude I should point out here that pandas are totally unknown on Averlund and come from another continent. As such, Alisa of Mielikki, who is hugely familiar with all temperate forest animals, has no idea what a panda is, red or otherwise.

jaydude jaydude
Alisa would eagerly join Bria in looking at her journal, though truth be told, she was still stuck on what a red panda was. It was as the monk of Ko had said; they were very much non-native to this land, and even the times she'd gotten involved with the Adventurer's Guild hadn't provided circumstances in which she could encounter one.

Does Alisa understand the Celestial language?

Not according to my character sheet. Oh well, she can figure out that it's unintelligible to her once Bria opens the journal.

This is his current form previous to his death in Highwind!
I believe you mean, "This is his current form, not the one he had previous to his death." Yes? He became a red panda when he was reincarnated, he was a very tall human before he died.

I believe you mean, "This is his current form, not the one he had previous to his death." Yes? He became a red panda when he was reincarnated, he was a very tall human before he died.
Kaerri Kaerri I knew what I meant! Hee hee! (I really shouldn't post when I'm tired. Thanks for the correction, Darlin'!) =)

Silanon Silanon Sil? I believe you mentioned you wanted Aldrin to cast some spells? Which ones? =)

Okies. Heya Gang! I hope to post later on today! Stay safe and remember to smile at the little things in life! =)

For those interested, if you remember way back in the Before Times, I backed a Kickstarter for some Dragon Eye Dice:
6e28c6cced58fefa83f361b826fdb4d5_original.jpg

And, as is sometimes the way for Kickstarters, the project has had it's stumbling points, but there is an update:

Great News folks, the Dice are on the move.
Having completed the audit and reprint of a selection of dice, they have been released and will be travelling to our freight forwarder very soon. As soon as space has been booked on a vessel we will release the name of the boat and the MarineTraffic tracking link.
Many thanks again to all our backers for your patience as we have developed this totally new manufacturing process to create these unique dice.
45a57065308bfd81659c2995cfb635ec_original.png
*genuine reaction to our dice from Elijah Wood
As we mentioned in our last update, we donated our sample sets of the Dragon Eye Dice to the charity Extra Life for their Lord of the Rings™ Roleplaying Game playthrough, The Red Scribe. This event was shot at LA Comic Con in December last year. The entire playthrough can be seen here. Available on the IGN channels from 11am tomorrow morning.
A ten minute cut down of the live event will be aired in cinemas around the US and Canada from tomorrow night. This will be screened prior to a showing of Return of the King, to celebrate its 20th Anniversary. If you are interested and want tickets, you can find out more information here.
If you do end up attending this event or watch the live playthrough, do let us know your thoughts and we hope you enjoy seeing your dice on the big screen as well as in your hands very soon.
And finally, if you have moved please do let us know by emailing our customer service team at help@spidermindgames.com and we can update your details.
Many thanks once again,
Jon & Oliver
and the Spidermind Games Team

Tentatively hopeful that I'll have the dice sometime before I leave for Valinor.

Captain Hesperus

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Did you ever get these?

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus jaydude jaydude Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Heya Gang! In a few days, Chapter 18 here will be one year old. I have been hesitant to continue to award xp (and thus high-level spells and abilities) because of game balance (and the fact that this game tends to move slow for reasons that are no one's fault).

Buuut... if you had your choice of reward for the Wayward Wanderers besides RP Points in Sharseya, what would you choose?

(Okay. I know what I would choose. For Cap'n to get his darned Dragon Dice already! Hah!)

I intend to close out this chapter soon. Stay healthy and smiling, Gang!

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus jaydude jaydude Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Heya Gang! In a few days, Chapter 18 here will be one year old. I have been hesitant to continue to award xp (and thus high-level spells and abilities) because of game balance (and the fact that this game tends to move slow for reasons that are no one's fault).

Buuut... if you had your choice of reward for the Wayward Wanderers besides RP Points in Sharseya, what would you choose?

(Okay. I know what I would choose. For Cap'n to get his darned Dragon Dice already! Hah!)

I intend to close out this chapter soon. Stay healthy and smiling, Gang!

Honor and fun,
Dann =)
Does anyone besides myself (and from their posts, Jaydude and Kaerri) have any interest in this?

I know our other games are busy (and that's always good), but I can't do much if only a few people post.

I intend to post tomorrow (both games).

About the rewards: only thing I can think of is better gear, but it feels like a "gimme" if the characters aren't doing something themselves to get it. I agree that XP probably isn't the best -- we already are fairly high level, but have spent a lot of the past year either talking (IC) or waiting for posts (OOC). Further leveling would probably just get us into trouble, since we still don't have gear or (at least I think) teamwork appropriate to the level we're currently at.

Bonus action points, maybe?

I intend to post tomorrow (both games).

About the rewards: only thing I can think of is better gear, but it feels like a "gimme" if the characters aren't doing something themselves to get it. I agree that XP probably isn't the best -- we already are fairly high level, but have spent a lot of the past year either talking (IC) or waiting for posts (OOC). Further leveling would probably just get us into trouble, since we still don't have gear or (at least I think) teamwork appropriate to the level we're currently at.

Bonus action points, maybe?
I've brought up the idea of getting you guys into a dungeon but, for some reason (maybe it's me), the idea just hasn't taken off. I am still up for that, though. Earning items via dungeon adventure all the while working against Loviatar in some fashion. Frigid Chick still needs payback I say, but I'm not the PCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back