• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

PauciloquentPumpkin

Pumpkin Patch
ThreeSuns17 ThreeSuns17

Peridot Marigold was an Aswang witch. The witch part was pretty self explanatory, someone who was capable of utilizing occult magic. An Aswang was a feared creature, mostly talked about in Filipino folklore. A creature said to feast on flesh, their favorite meal being unborn children still in their mother's womb. Peridot thought this was a little ridiculous, though not all the rumors spreading around were untrue. She was certainly capable of using magic, with the proper magic circles, materials and preparation. She was also capable of shape shifting, creating illusions to change the way objects look, and performing audio tricks. And garlic and salt could definitely be used to ward her off or kill her.

Peridot's current form stood 5'8", with lightly tanned skin. Her round face was dotted with a few freckles and framed with long, silky black hair that softly reflected light. Her dull black eyes reflected the world in an upside down image, so she tried not to look at people too long, as this was something that could give her away. She wore a long, black, sleeveless dress, pinched slightly at the waist with a black ribbon. Although she could take any form she wished, she often took on rather average looks, wanting to avoid turning heads, but sometimes she just couldn't help herself, who doesn't want to look beautiful?

Having lived for over 9000 years, there are many things Peridot has learned. One of those being how to amass wealth, especially with the help of magic. This meant there was nearly nothing she couldn't attain if she wanted, though spending large amounts of money may also be a good way to gather attention. One thing that doesn't warrant a second look though is going out to eat. Peridot had mastered many skills over the years. Ranging from music and art to a multitude of languages, though one skill she lacked was cooking. It simply evaded her capabilities.

It was a cool spring evening. Clear skies, with a slight breeze that brought a pleasant scent with it. Peridot had traveled the world, the scent reminded her of Japan's noodle shops. She followed the smell, finding herself outside of a uniquely themed Japanese Ramen shop. She stepped in to the quaint restaurant. The black walls were complimented by the dim lights. On one of the walls was a mural of a setting Sun, or perhaps it was a rising Sun? Peridot wasn't sure. She made her way to a nearby seat where she was greeted by one of the workers.

Lee Thompson was a fairly average guy. Halfway into his senior year in college, the 22 year old Marine Biology major had landed himself a job at his favorite restaurant a few years prior.

There was nothing especially exciting about being a host and a server, but he did enjoy meeting and conversing with any local oddballs that happened to stop by. They were few and far between, but they were memorable, so the frequency of oddity wasn’t an issue. He’d met all kinds of people, and that made him uniquely capable of withholding a conversation better than your average passers by. Now, this didn’t mean Lee was the kind of guy to talk your ear off, he hated that kind of thing, but he was more than capable of talking to someone.

lee was... disorganized. Lazy. Clumsy, and a large procrastinator. The only things that instilled passion in him were marine biology and a warm bowl of ramen. But he made himself presentable enough, and that was all his employer cared about.

Lee was leaning against the glass-washing sink when the entrance bell rang. He stood up straight and observed a woman entering. Nothing new, but for whatever reason, he got strange chills when she entered.

When she sat at the bar, Lee was quick to place a menu and a drink menu before her and perform his usual spiel. “Hey, welcome to Tochi Ramen. My name is Lee, and I’ll be serving you tonight. Can I get you anything to drink?”

Lee Thompson was a fairly average guy. Halfway into his senior year in college, the 22 year old Marine Biology major had landed himself a job at his favorite restaurant a few years prior.

There was nothing especially exciting about being a host and a server, but he did enjoy meeting and conversing with any local oddballs that happened to stop by. They were few and far between, but they were memorable, so the frequency of oddity wasn’t an issue. He’d met all kinds of people, and that made him uniquely capable of withholding a conversation better than your average passers by. Now, this didn’t mean Lee was the kind of guy to talk your ear off, he hated that kind of thing, but he was more than capable of talking to someone.

lee was... disorganized. Lazy. Clumsy, and a large procrastinator. The only things that instilled passion in him were marine biology and a warm bowl of ramen. But he made himself presentable enough, and that was all his employer cared about.

Lee was leaning against the glass-washing sink when the entrance bell rang. He stood up straight and observed a woman entering. Nothing new, but for whatever reason, he got strange chills when she entered.

When she sat at the bar, Lee was quick to place a menu and a drink menu before her and perform his usual spiel. “Hey, welcome to Tochi Ramen. My name is Lee, and I’ll be serving you tonight. Can I get you anything to drink?”
ThreeSuns17 ThreeSuns17

Hey, welcome to Tochi Ramen. My name is Lee, and I’ll be serving you tonight. Can I get you anything to drink?” Said Lee, who had just placed menus in front of her. Peridot looked up, giving a quick smile before shifting her gaze towards the drink menu. A quick flip through didn't reveal anything that caught her eye. She gently placed the menu back down, looking up to say, "A water's fine. And I'd like to eat whatever it is I can smell from outside. That scent's what brought me here." She tried peeking around Lee to see if she could see into the kitchen. Curious as to what it was, she asked, "What is that smell?"

Lee waited a moment for her to respond. “Right,”. He nodded, and swiftly filled up a glass with ice and water, still within earshot. He set the glass down in front of her and put his hands on his hips.

“The smell will probably be the special, the Sumo Bowl. Its delicious, but not for the faint of heart. It’s huge. Triple portion of tonkotsu broth, pork belly, crispy pork bits, four miso deviled eggs, and green onion. Not to mention the immense amount of ramen noodles.” Lee was smiling just thinking about the looks of terror he’d seen from people as the sumo bowl was delivered to their table. “But, if you want the same thing on a smaller scale, the Tochi bowl is a good choice, just with miso broth instead of tonkotsu.”

he looked back into the kitchen for a second, making a mental note of the number of tickets on the counter. They weren’t too busy, but for his own sake and the sake of the Kitchen’s mental state, he pondered how they’d react to receiving another order for a sumo bowl.

Lee waited a moment for her to respond. “Right,”. He nodded, and swiftly filled up a glass with ice and water, still within earshot. He set the glass down in front of her and put his hands on his hips.

“The smell will probably be the special, the Sumo Bowl. Its delicious, but not for the faint of heart. It’s huge. Triple portion of tonkotsu broth, pork belly, crispy pork bits, four miso deviled eggs, and green onion. Not to mention the immense amount of ramen noodles.” Lee was smiling just thinking about the looks of terror he’d seen from people as the sumo bowl was delivered to their table. “But, if you want the same thing on a smaller scale, the Tochi bowl is a good choice, just with miso broth instead of tonkotsu.”

he looked back into the kitchen for a second, making a mental note of the number of tickets on the counter. They weren’t too busy, but for his own sake and the sake of the Kitchen’s mental state, he pondered how they’d react to receiving another order for a sumo bowl.
ThreeSuns17 ThreeSuns17

"The smell will probably be the special, the Sumo Bowl. Its delicious, but not for the faint of heart. It’s huge. Triple portion of tonkotsu broth, pork belly, crispy pork bits, four miso deviled eggs, and green onion. Not to mention the immense amount of ramen noodles," said Lee, piquing Peridot's interest, causing her saliva glands to become more active. He continued, "But, if you want the same thing on a smaller scale, the Tochi bowl is a good choice, just with miso broth instead of tonkotsu.

Peridot countered with, "Ha!" She raised an eyebrow and continued, "Do you think I'm faint of heart?" She gave a light slap on the table, then declared, "I'll have the Sumo Bowl." While not positive, Peridot was pretty sure rumors had propagated and morphed into its current version of 'Aswang's were flesh eating creatures' due to her ability to eat without ever becoming full. She wasn't quite sure where all that food went, but it never seemed to affect her. Though she still felt a near constant hunger that could never truly be satiated, she did find it amusing when others observed her ability to consume large amounts of food.

Lee raised an eyebrow. He let out a breath and tucked his notepad into his apron. “Well... alright. My apologies, I guess?” He grinned and walked over to the computer to punch in the order. He was, of course, thinking that his patrons confidence would be her downfall. He’d obviously be very wrong, but Lee had no way of knowing that.

he leaned against the doorframe into the kitchen, having a conversation with the expo during the lull in comustomers. “Doing good, Tom?” He murmured. It was only four hours into a seven hour shift, but he was already tired. Tom, the expo, turned around and chuckled at him. “Tired, bud? Yeah, I’m doing fine. Go grab yourself an energy drink from the back, cant have you falling asleep.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back