• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Ashes and Steel - An Armored Core Inspired RP

IMG_1727.jpeg

I found this scrolling Armored Core 6 on Tumblr and I knew it would be a crime to not share it here considering my choice of Cataphract.

Also, I’m interested in seeing how our story plays out. Are we going to be the unwitting good guys? The antagonists to the morally good faction? Or are we going full moral grey and have no one be the entirely good guy? Are we going to run into some shonen protagonist?

Regardless, I look forward to knowing whatever path we take Chuckled will most likely always have a “bad end” and be a morally void bastard.

View attachment 1142981

I found this scrolling Armored Core 6 on Tumblr and I knew it would be a crime to not share it here considering my choice of Cataphract.

Also, I’m interested in seeing how our story plays out. Are we going to be the unwitting good guys? The antagonists to the morally good faction? Or are we going full moral grey and have no one be the entirely good guy? Are we going to run into some shonen protagonist?

Regardless, I look forward to knowing whatever path we take Chuckled will most likely always have a “bad end” and be a morally void bastard.
It’s the cyberpunk future, everyone is morally grey.

That being said: Cerberus are not the good guys. They’re a PMC, so they’re already pretty morally grey and they do work for even darker grey entities. Polaris is probably one of the lightest shades you’ll get in the campaign. Some enemies will be lighter or darker depending on the missions you choose.

Though now that I have made the “Voice in your ear Waifu” ala Ayre or Prez, now I need the “Rival who is so pathologically obsessed with one of you (probably Freyja), he keeps coming back angrier despite Getting his sorry ass beaten every time” ala Crimson 1 or Iguazu

Yeah... The 'good' groups tend to end up dead in these kinds of settings.

Which reminds me, if you want more info on the 20th, let me know. I'm basing them on a merc group I had made for my own mecha setting (that also got blown up), so I've got some details ready to go at a moment's notice.

View attachment 1142981

Guntanks either rocked and could one-shot a Gundam or they got immediately shafted because Kai or Hayato was having a tantrum.

I'm really just hoping for that classic "radio dialogue is heard across all channels" where we hear the enemy talking about how we destroyed civilian facilities.

We will refer to the Geneva Convention as the Geneva Suggestions from here on out.

Guntanks either rocked and could one-shot a Gundam or they got immediately shafted because Kai or Hayato was having a tantrum.

I'm really just hoping for that classic "radio dialogue is heard across all channels" where we hear the enemy talking about how we destroyed civilian facilities.
I headcanon the Super-Heavy Project was scrapped because it just cost too much to produce as opposed to just making their own cataphracts. Also I love the radio idea too, can’t wait to hear them reacting to my monstrosity of a mech!
We will refer to the Geneva Convention as the Geneva Suggestions from here on out.
“War crime is such an aggressive term, I prefer ‘reality of combat’.”

Also I love the radio idea too, can’t wait to hear them reacting to my monstrosity of a mech!
I did this sometimes in my games, had the groups Analyst hack enemy communications for a bit so the PCs could hear reactions and/or enemy plans. Was a fun time, lol

Reminder that Cataphracts were such a game changer in the field of war that one of the other sides in the first conflict they were used in had to detonate a dirty bomb in a major civilian zone just to level the playing field.

Reminder that Cataphracts were such a game changer in the field of war that one of the other sides in the first conflict they were used in had to detonate a dirty bomb in a major civilian zone just to level the playing field.
Wouldn't be at sci-fi mecha setting if at least one nuke (or something similar) wasn't used during its history.

I did this sometimes in my games, had the groups Analyst hack enemy communications for a bit so the PCs could hear reactions and/or enemy plans. Was a fun time, lol
e4b.png

Count in Ace Combat 7 did this too.

I'm planning on getting the IC up on Wednesday but will still accept one or two more sheets after that.

We need a Dragoon, people!

Looking at my genetic mods and thinking about scrapping them. Non-augmented pilots aren’t uncommon in mech games, and Chuckles doesn’t exactly need them considering Linebacker relies far more on sheer firepower and technical improvements to throw its weight around. thoughts?

Looking at my genetic mods and thinking about scrapping them. Non-augmented pilots aren’t uncommon in mech games, and Chuckles doesn’t exactly need them considering Linebacker relies far more on sheer firepower and technical improvements to throw its weight around. thoughts?
The only one you'd need would be something to speed up reaction times since you're, you of everyone, are basically taking on all the tasks of a full tank crew tbh.

Sorry it's a bit late lol. Almost done, just had something come up this week.

Thanks for your patience, everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back