• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Ashes and Steel - An Armored Core Inspired RP

Spotter/shooter duo? 👉👈
The communications and sensor system is upgraded to better interface with a spotting unit and the mech has a secondary ammo bay to allow it to carry multiple kinds of missiles, including extended range ones, so yes lol

Posted the Handler.

I have never been good at character sheets.

Posted the Handler.

Neither am I. Always end up with someone slightly twisted from their original idea. All that matters is that it is conveyed and hopefully understood, and how you play them, of course.

“We made Cataphracts to be more mobile versions of tanks, allowing for maneuverability in urban and mountainous regions.”
“What if I just made a tank again?”
"You're laughing. You reinvented the Schwarzkopf Super-Heavy MBT from Cataphract parts and you're laughing."

But yeah, Linebacker was designed entirely for combat operations in mind. Everything else, even logistical was made a secondary concern. It is an utter beast of a machine to maintain and repair after operations.
Posted the Handler.

I like the sheet! I'm looking forward to Committing warcrimes fighting for money and profit.

Quick question though, what military conflicts has the United States been embroiled in recently? As in, I wrote Chuckle's backstory to have him be a decorated war hero, so any conflicts you could homebrew up for him to partake in would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Quick question though, what military conflicts has the United States been embroiled in recently? As in, I wrote Chuckle's backstory to have him be a decorated war hero, so any conflicts you could homebrew up for him to partake in would be appreciated.
The United States has been involved in several brushfire wars, in particular to defend assets, primarily uranium mines and remaining oil reserves. There have been one or few secessionist attempts that were easily put down because they didn't really have Cataphracts. Also a few conflicts done at the behest of Regulus.

The largest conflict, which Chuckles would have seen action in, would likely be one in Central Asia (Kazakhstan, etc.) between the US, the Siberian League, and PRNC, in an attempt for the Balkanized China to gain lost territory, which involved defending Regulus corporate assets in the region. The remnants of this are seen in the current Baikal conflict which the US has not been involved in.

The United States has been involved in several brushfire wars, in particular to defend assets, primarily uranium mines and remaining oil reserves. There have been one or few secessionist attempts that were easily put down because they didn't really have Cataphracts. Also a few conflicts done at the behest of Regulus.

The largest conflict, which Chuckles would have seen action in, would likely be one in Central Asia (Kazakhstan, etc.) between the US, the Siberian League, and PRNC, in an attempt for the Balkanized China to gain lost territory, which involved defending Regulus corporate assets in the region. The remnants of this are seen in the current Baikal conflict which the US has not been involved in.
Glad to see the US sticking to its 'Eff you, love me' ways

USA #1

USA USA USA

Glad to see the US sticking to its 'Eff you, love me' ways

USA #1

USA USA USA
Most large nations, the US included, faced some form of civil war as conditions declined. Some of them, like the US, came out of it better than others.

Most large nations, the US included, faced some form of civil war as conditions declined. Some of them, like the US, came out of it better than others.
Apologies, I did end up making Oceania into some sort of feudal government. I realized it wasn't listed in the factbook, so I took liberties. It can be undone if you'd like.

This isn’t to say things are all fine in the US.

Droughts and the Scarlet Blight have impacted the Heartland, sea level rise has made several major cities unlivable, and there’s an ongoing population crisis towards the new cities that have been built as well as a lack of food.

The nation best off is probably Japan, and even that’s a Corporate owned technocracy. Germany’s also doing fairly well but is heavily polluted due to the heavy industry there.

Apologies, I did end up making Oceania into some sort of feudal government. I realized it wasn't listed in the factbook, so I took liberties. It can be undone if you'd like.
Oh, no, that’s perfectly fine lol. It made me laugh a bit. There was an Australian Civil War, so we’ll just say that a pact resulted in references to the Monarchy changing from England to the new Aussie Crown and Cattle Station landowners becoming new nobility.

Oh, no, that’s perfectly fine lol. It made me laugh a bit. There was an Australian Civil War, so we’ll just say that a pact resulted in references to the Monarchy changing from England to the new Aussie Crown and Cattle Station landowners becoming new nobility.
King Sydney II, King of Australasia and Emperor of Greater Oceania

Alright, I think I got my sheet done during my downtime. Will go over it again once I get home from work and post it then.

Imagining a flamethrower strapped to a Chasseur class is terrifying
Hyper mobile war crimes.

Honestly, I should have developed a Cataphract Shotgun. Most armaments are tank armaments and rail guns, but I should have gotten wacky with it.

You still could with any new stuff that gets introduced during the course of the RP.

Hyper mobile war crimes.

Honestly, I should have developed a Cataphract Shotgun. Most armaments are tank armaments and rail guns, but I should have gotten wacky with it.
I mean, you still can. Heck, I'm dual weilding suped up vulcan cannons.

Also, side note, Cataphract hangers are probably called 'stables' to fit with the horse motiff

Also, side note, Cataphract hangers are probably called 'stables' to fit with the horse motiff
That's a great idea, actually.

The RP itself will start on the CBS Frost, an aircraft carrier that acts as a Cerberus Mobile Command Center.

I was going to ask about sidearms but I realized that 100 years is a lot of time for changes in gun development lol.

Except for the M1911. Three world wars, that one.

Last edited:
I was going to ask about sidearms but I realized that 100 years is a lot of time for changes in gun development lol.

Except for the M1911. Three world wars, that one.
Ketland1.jpg

I load my Cataphract flintlock. The first shot misses, riddling a city block with holes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back