• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Ashes and Steel - An Armored Core Inspired RP

You know, I just realized an issue with naming them Cataphracts. I'm naming them after different classes of Cavalry, and "Cataphract" would be great for the heaviest class but it's already used.

If you think it's best to change I say go for it. Another option is if the development of the Cataphracts started with the heaviest class and moved down from there, then you could have it be the name of the mechs in general and the heaviest class both (perhaps the official name of the mechs is something else but Cataphracts is used as a nickname). I at least think it's a perfectly valid option.

If you think it's best to change I say go for it. Another option is if the development of the Cataphracts started with the heaviest class and moved down from there, then you could have it be the name of the mechs in general and the heaviest class both (perhaps the official name of the mechs is something else but Cataphracts is used as a nickname). I at least think it's a perfectly valid option.
The first models, used in the Kashmir War, were called 马 Mǎ, which is the Chinese word for Horse, which is why the later international models adopted cavalry names.

The first models, used in the Kashmir War, were called 马 Mǎ, which is the Chinese word for Horse, which is why the later international models adopted cavalry names.
That'd be cool, different names to differentiate the different Mech's. Like each Nationality used a particular type of mech that was used or designed differently according to their doctrine and adopt their names that way. Like the Russians use Cossacks, the Americans have Comanches, Central Europeans have the Hussar, etc.

Sorry for not being active the past few days. I experienced some burnout from trying to make a whole setting from scractch lmao.

This will be a bit longer than expected and I'm sorry.

While you wait, I’ll drop some worldbuilding/data:

One of the biggest hot points is a Space Elevator, for you Ace Combat 7 fans.

Hotly contested between South America’s Amazon Federation and the European Union, the French Guyana Mass Driver and Orbital Pillar are where 30% of worldwide Cataphract movement has been around in the past three months. While no actual conflict has begun, European Parliament has authorized mercenary companies to begin defense operations.

Other hot zones include the Queen Maude Land’s oil fields in Antarctica, Lake Baikal in Chinese-Occupied Siberia, and Patagonia, also in South America where there is a burgeoning independence movement.

This is a very cut down thing of the original Worldbook.

I was going to have countries and various corporate subsidiaries but it was taking a toll on me and I cut down even on what's there lol.

Cerberus World Factbook

There seems to be some missing words here and there in the world factbook. That being said, I'll start working on a CS ASAP!

Do you have a preference for face claim style? Normally I try to make one in whatever video game character creator best matches the tone and feel of the RP in question, is that alright with you?

Do you have a preference for face claim style? Normally I try to make one in whatever video game character creator best matches the tone and feel of the RP in question, is that alright with you?
I'm using an image from a game from your handler so semi-realistic should be fine.

Perfect, that gives me some options to work with and I think I more or less know what I want to do for the mech as well. Just need to figure out the other details.

Posted my own character. I saw how the others had picked more maneuverable mechs so I decided to go with a hyper-direct front lines brawler. I feel my weakest bit was the genetic enhancements, though

Posted my own character. I saw how the others had picked more maneuverable mechs so I decided to go with a hyper-direct front lines brawler. I feel my weakest bit was the genetic enhancements, though
Lol, don't worry much about those. It's really just a diegetic explanation for being able to handle these massive machines by yourself and the genetic alterations made.

Anyway, I'm making a sheet for the handler so you have information on her.

I've made solid progress on my sheet, though I suspect the callsign is going to give me some trouble. I'm amused by the bit of BattleTech inspiration that has shown up in my chosen mech configuration.

I'm deathly afraid of Chuckles and the abomination that is his super-heavy mech.
You should be /s

But seriously I saw we had a stealth mech an a more mobile mech so I decided to go with a more... direct approach to act as the tank/damage dealer and dialed what I came up with up to eleven.

Almost ironic Albatross is the legit opposite, a hyper-agile fragile speedster compared to Linebacker. A fight between them would be fun to watch as its a literal david and goliath.

You should be /s

But seriously I saw we had a stealth mech an a more mobile mech so I decided to go with a more... direct approach to act as the tank/damage dealer and dialed what I came up with up to eleven.

Almost ironic Albatross is the legit opposite, a hyper-agile fragile speedster compared to Linebacker. A fight between them would be fun to watch as its a literal david and goliath.
I feel like with the mechs we have right now, it's a good team layout for some good old fashioned pincer attacks

You should be /s

“We made Cataphracts to be more mobile versions of tanks, allowing for maneuverability in urban and mountainous regions.”
“What if I just made a tank again?”

What I'm aiming for is medium to long range fire support that can also network with a limited number of allies it has line of sight with for improved accuracy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back