• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ARK: Survival of the Fittest (Closed)

"That's good," Jack smiled, "Let's go get narcs and meat, and we'll be ready to go."

"Hey, we were looking for you!", Anna called when the other couple were coming up for supplies, "We made crossbows for you!"

"Oh, sweet!", Jack laughed, "That makes life easier!"

"We should be just about ready to go," Roan said as the two grabbed their things, "What do you guys think?"

Vera nodded, "Yea, the barge is ready to go too, so we should be ready to leave."

Jack nodded and held up a waterskin, "Let's hope this doesn't go horribly."

"You'll be the first to find out," Anna smiled, "If this works we'll have stuff going when you guys get back."

"If this works, we'll have a flock of argies behind us when we return," jack replied, "Are we ready to go?"

Vera nodded, "Ready!"

Roan chuckled, "Vera won't freeze right?"

"We have campfires if I get too cold," she replied.

"I'll warm her up if she gets too cold," Jack added, putting an arm around Vera.

"Good," Anna nodded, "We'll see you guys later." Jack nodded and led the way back to the barge, taking the helm, "Please keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times," he said with a smile as the boat started moving.

Turning to Roan, Anna smiled, "Finding an anky." It wasn't hard to find ankies, they were everywhere on this island. The hard part was getting one that wasn't surrounded by friends they'd have to kill or knock out, and arrows were in somewhat limited supply due to the bulk the other tow had to take with them.

Vera happily sat, watching as Jack steered the barge, "Adventure!"

"Can't be too hard, right?" Roan said with a shrug, " On a small island?"

"Right on!", Jack whooped as they moved. They'd scarcely lost sight of the island before they ran into problems, as something very big slammed into the barge from below. Jack had hugged the shoreline when he'd driven the boat before, but speed of action today said they could go in deeper water, and they were paying for that shortcut as a leedsicthys attacked from below. "SON OF A-!" Nike roared at the giant fish as Jack scrambled to get the boat to shallower waters to escape the giant fish.

"You'd think," Anna laughed, "Let's find one that's alone before we have that discussion."

"What is that thing?!" Vera yelped as she clung to whatever she could.

Roan nodded, "Good idea. Let's look around."

"It's big!", that was all Jack knew as the barge was bumped forward by the fish. Part of the stucture fell apart under the beast's onslaught before they managed to beach themselves in water shallow enough that the monster couldn't keep up. "Is everyone alright?", Jack looked around. The barge was splintered in places, the raft underneath needed repair, and everyone onboard was shaken.

Going around the island, there were lots of ankies. For the number of herbivores, with more appearing every day, it was strange there was even foliage on the island, stranger still that the brontos could eat, since they couldn't lower their heads enough to reach even the lowest trees. "This place is weird," Anna decided.

Vera scrabbled to dry land as quickly as she could, trembling in fear, "We could have died..."

"Yea? A little bit," Roan agreed, "Why do you say that though?"

Jack jumped from the raft after Vera, to fend off anything that might come after her, if nothing else. "It's okay, we're okay," Jack reached out to Vera, trying to calm her, "We made it." Now he knew better than to cross deep water on a raft. "We're safe."

"I mean, look at that," Anna pointed at a trike ripping a bush out of the ground as it ate, "How many herbivores are on this island? How is there enough vegetation to feed them all." Then she pointed at the brontos, "That thing can't lower it's head enough to reach the tops of the tallest trees here, unless it stands at the bottom of the hill, how is that thing staying fed?"

Vera panted and nodde, "Yea.. is Nike ok?"

"Uhhhh," Roan sounded, "Magic?"

Jack hugged Vera, holding her close. That was close, they'd almost lost the barge and been left to whatever that monster was. "She's okay, she's shaken but she'll be alright." He looked Vera in the eyes, "Are you alright?"

"Pfft!", Anna made a face, "Magic isn't real, stupid!" She jabbed Roan's shoulder, "You're missing the point, it doesn't make any sense how this island is able to sustain these creatures, with no predators to keep the population down to numbers the island can sustain."

"Terrified " Vera replied, "But I'm ok. I'm alive. Shaken but still intact."

"I dont know how else to explain it," Roan shrugged, "It doesn't make any sense at all. I agree. But I don't know how to explain it. Maybe it has to do with the obelisks?"

"I've got you," Jack sighed, at least Vera was alright. He didn't want to lose her again. "I'm gonna fix the raft, we're gonna stick to shallows from now on, okay?" Surely that behemoth couldn't move in the shallows? Hopefully there weren't more.

"Maybe," Anna shrugged, "We'll find out later," she shook her head as they finally found a lone anky, "That'll do." She raised and loaded her crossbow to shoot it.

"How are we gonna get back to the island?" She asked, thankful for his arms around her. She rested her head on his shoulder, "Why didn't it attack on the way to the island? I mean, I'm glad, but you know..."

Roan followed suit, shooting at the lone anky. After a few moments of the two of them shoot it, the beast went down and Roan was able to put berries in its inventory, "That was pretty easy."

"It probably can't go in the shallow water," Jack shrugged, "But we're okay, we escaped. We can fix the boat, hug the shore, and avoid it." He let go of her and looked her in the eyes, "I will do my best to keep us safe, I'm not losing you a second time."

"It's just one," Anna smiled as she poked around the thing, working her way to the tail, "Well that looks like it'll do the job of a pickaxe."

Vera looked at him, "We have to cross to get back. We will have to figure something out."

"Yea, that thing should do the job... hopefully," He chuckled, "If it doesn't, thats a waste of a tail design. "

Jack shook his head, "We'll solve that problem when we get there, but," he looked at the boat, "I don't think the houseboat's an option anymore."

Anna laughed, "As opposed to what? It's a weapon, it works" She shook her head, "I kinda wanna put one on a stick to hit things with." Even though she probably wouldn't even be able to lift such a weapon. Jack probably could, but he was massive. "What are we gonna call him?"

Vera shook her head, "Doesn't seem that way. So what now? We just wander until we find birds?"

"Dunno, whats a good name for a walking morningstar?" Roan asked, looking down at the thing. He didnt know what that was but the image of a club like weapon with a spiked ball on the end came to mind.

"No," Jack shook his head, "I'm gonna go get materials, I'm gonna repair the boat. We'll hug the shore, that way it can't get us." He smiled at her, "When we get there, we'll be safe. I didn't see a lot of fish in the water when it was that cold."

"How about that?", Anna chuckled, "Morningstar."

"Good idea.. so how much wood do we need?" Vera asked. She looked around. There was no shortage of trees here, so gathering what they needed wouldn't be too hard.

"Morningstar it is," Roan agreed with a smile, "I like it."

"Wood isn't going to be the issue," Jack said, "Hide and fiber is, but we've got Nike and your raptor, so that part's easier than it would be." He shook his head, "I you pick fiber, I can take Nike and go kill some things."

Anna laughed as the ankylosaur finally woke up from the taming process, putting Morningstar in the name section. "Progress has been made!"

Vera nodded and got to work gathering as much fiber as she could. Any excess she would end up putting onto her raptors inventory.

Roan laughed a bit, raising a hand. "High five!"

While Vera gathered fiber, Nike was killing and harvesting everything that moved until Jack had enough hide to repair the raft, while he in turn took his axe to the trees for wood and thatch, coming back to start repairs. It didn't really make sense how selecting "Repair" on the menu wheel would just remove the materials from his inventory and then suddenly the thing would have absolutely no damage, but was Jack going to complain about being able to do things quickly? "I think that's it," jack said as he did one last check of all the parts to make sure they were in working order before moving Nike back onto the boat, "Alright, we stick to the shallows this time!"

"High five!", Anna slapped the raised hand before jogging back up to the smithy to get the saddle, the massive anky waddling after her. "Well that looks dangerous," Anna noted when she realized the spikes still came through the center of the saddle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back