• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ARK: Survival of the Fittest (Closed)

Screw the birds, Vera was right, they could make another trip when they were better prepared! Build a raft special for the purpose, today was a nightmare! "Yep." The birds probably wouldn't fall off of the raft. "Nike," Jack nodded towards the unconscious avians, "Keep them on the boat." He held onto Vera as he worked his way onto the chair, sharing body head with her to warm back up and avoid hypothermia as the boat started moving again. They'd never questioned how it could move without a sail before, and Jack was glad it could, because the wind blowing down from the frozen mountain was frigid.

Anna blinked as Roan played rock. Rock beat scissors. "Wait...", she looked up at the anky and squeaked. She'd lost. She groaned, then looked at Roan, "If this thing stabs me in the ass, it's your fault!"

Vera buried her face on Jack's shoulder, "I think next time we should just try another mountain. Thats where they seem to spawn."

Roan chuckled, "It was your idea."

"That sounds good to me," Jack nodded, "Hopefully the other two will be able to make saddles and harnesses happen." Hopefully they could find another area where the birds came into existence. He kissed the top of her head and smiled, "Aside from almost dying, I think that was a pretty successful expedition!"

Anna stuck out her tongue at Roan before climbing into the saddle, hoping and praying this thing wouldn't jump and put a spike in places she didn't want there to be spikes. "Easy," she warned the beast as it waddled to position its tail, before flicking the reins. The back end of the anky rose up, the tail primed to swing, and then sank deep into the ore. Anna would have seen an unreal amount of metal ore flood into the beast's inventory if she hadn't screamed and fallen off.

Last edited:
"We got what we were looking for, thats for sure." She replied, "Or at least part of it? We only got the two..."

Roan rushed to her side, helping her up, "Are you ok? Are you hurt?"

"TWO?!", Jack whirled around, almost dropping Vera in the process, counting wings, "Nike you had one job!" They'd knocked three out!

"Ow," Anna groaned, rubbing her butt. "I think he got me," she was scared to check. Maybe Jack would get along with the resource dinos, he got along fine with the mammoth!

"I think it escaped while we were focusing on getting away from the ice," Vera said, standing, "Lets not worry about it. Its just a bird. Let it go we will find more."

Roan leaned back slightly to check, "You dont look hurt. So thats good. Might bruise from the fall, but otherwise.."

Jack groaned, "That sucks!" They'd worked so hard for that, and all that work just went down the drain! What was a drain? Jack didn't know, but their work just went down it. "Dammit!" Having taken his hands off of the rudder controls of the ship to investigate the problem, he wasn't controlling the barge as it turned in the current and beached itself on a rock, making them all all tumble back wards the rudder.

When Roan leaned back to check, he could see it, right in the crease where the back of the leg meets the bottom curve of the buttocks, something was sticking out, a piece of spike had come off in the flailing and embedded itself securely in Anna's leg, shock and adrenalin keeping her from noticing it at the moment. There wasn't very much blood around the spike, like it's presence was blocking the welling up of that liquid you might expect from an injury. "What is it?", Anna looked concerned as she felt arounnd, going a bit pale when she found the piece of spike.

Vera yelped as she fell back, hitting the floor with a thud, "What just happened?"

Roan winced, "Well... its not great... uh... lets go get you laid down, though. That looks painful.."

"We got beached!", Jack whistled for Nike and the raptor only to realize the two remaining unconscious birds were sliding down the barge towards them, "Crap, crap, crap!" Jack jumped to catch the birds, or at least put himself between them and Vera. In prehistoric times, an adult argentavis weighed within the neighborhood of 150 to 170 pounds. Well within Jack's ability to carry weight. So when the birds went sliding past, he mannaged to grab a talon each, and at least keep them from going overboard. It was cutting it close, though, the two combined weighed more than Jack did, and the tilted barge wasn't stable. "Get the rudder," Jack grunted, face red with exertion as veins bulged from the strain.

"Y-yeah," Anna winced, "Can... can you?", she nodded at the spike, scared to move her leg with it in there, even though it was probably what was keeping more blood from coming out.

Vera, being as light as she was, was able to move fast and could easily sprint up slopes when needed. She could maneuver easily in tight spaces as well, if the time ever came for it. She quickly got the rudder and corrected the raft, "Got it!"

Roan made a face, "I dont know. It looks pretty deep. I probably can't without you laying down."

When the barge was corrected, the front end slammed back down into the water, making everything jump. Jack dragged the birds back to the middle before falling to his knees to catch his breath. "This day just keeps getting better and better," he groaned.

Anna whimpered a bit, "Then... can you carry me? I'm scared to move it."

"Yea, something like that," Vera said with a huff. She sat up and looked around, "now what?"

Roan nodded, carefully picking her up and carrying her back to their little hut, "How do you feel?"

Jack held up his finger, still catching his breath. After a few moments, he stood up, "Rope," he held out his hands, "We're gonna tie everything down and go straight home, this is ridiculous."

"It hurts," Anna winced a bit whenever there was any disturbance in the spike. Adrenalin was wearig off, it was starting to register.

Vera nodded, taking a moment to just sit before she got to work. After a few moments, they had everything tied down, "There we go."

"I'm trying to be careful." Roan said as he got her laid on the bed, "I dont really know what to do here. It seems like it'll hurt worse to pull it out..

With the birds and everything else tied down, at least until they woke up and could fly behind the boat, Jack took the helm again, pulling every bit of speed he could out of the barge to get them home faster. It was almost sundown when they were finally comign home, with only birds to show for their efforts.

"Well we can't leave it in!", Anna grabbed a pillow and held it, "Just... pull it out, like a bandaid! It's gonna hurt worse if we wait!"

"At least it wasn't a total fail. We learned some things. Got some supplies.. tamed two birds," Vera said, looking at the birds as they began to wake up after taming, "At least we didn't die."

Roan nodded, "Ok. On the count of three. Ok?"
He gripped the spike, bracing against her thigh, "One... two... three."

As he counted the last number, Roan pulled the spike out with some ease, "There."

"Yeah," Jack sighed as he dropped anchor. "There is that." He went to untie the birds just as they heard Anna scream obscenities when Roan pulled out the spike.

Roan winced at hearing her scream, "I know I know. I'm sorry!"

He quickly did what he could to wrap the injury in a bandage to protect it from dirt, "I know it hurts."

"The hell was that?" Vera asked as she stepped onto the island, "Is everything ok?"

"Fuck!", Jack left the birds, whistling for Nike, "Come on!" They were gone for a day!

"Can I go one day without getting hurt!", Annna shouted once the initial pain subsided. That was how it was with sharp objects, coming out hurt a lot more than going in.

"We will get there eventually, " Roan said with a sigh, "I'm sorry I wish I could've made it hurt less.."

Vera raced after Jack on her raptor to get to Anna and Roan.whatever happened, they would be there to help.

Anna grumbled and looked at the wall. "Now I got a hole in my ass..." Before Roan could respond, however, the door was basically ripped off the hinges as Jack and Vera burst in with crossbow's raised.

"What happened, who's hurt?"

"Its fine. She just got a spike in the ass is all," Roan said before looking at Anna, "Should heal up fast... hopefully."

"I'm sorry, what?" Vera asked.

"We had a saddle. The spike went through the saddle." Roan answered. He sighed, feeling guilty. He should be the one hurt right now, not Anna, "Anna, I'm sorry this happened.."

Vera hummed, "Maybe we can fix that."

"Not your fault," Anna grumbled, "it's whoever designed that damn saddle."

"Maybe we can put something over the spikes?", Jack offered, "Do you guys need anything for medicine?"

"Mash up some tintoberries."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back