• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ARK: Survival of the Fittest (Closed)

"Lets get a move on then, shall we?" Vera giggled as she got her raptor onto the raft, "No deep waters for now."

Roan chuckled, watching the thing waddle after Anna, "Watching the shorter dinos run is hilarious... should those spikes be going through the saddle?"

"No deep water," Jack agreed, "I'll hug the shore like I hug you." He whistled for Nike to come back, the massive marsupial sitting at the stem of the barge to watch the water for anything else dangerous that showed up as the barge started to move again.

"I don't know," Anna looked at the saddle, then down at her crotch, "I don't think you sit on that saddle."

Vera smiled, moving to Jack's side, "Gonna give me an example?"

"Maybe sit on your knees?" Roan suggested with a shrug, "Seems like the only way to really do it..."

Jack smiled, he had to keep an arm busy working the rudder, but he was happy to put another arm around Vera, "Do you think we'll ever be stable? Life-wise?"

Anna looked at the saddle again and winced, "Give it a shot, I don't wanna screw that up!"

"Eventually." Vera shrugged, hugging Jack ans resting her head on his chest, "It'll take some time, but im sure we will get there."

Roan moved over, climbing onto the saddle and straddling the spike that poked through, "Not so bad, I guess... not super stable, makes me a little nervous..."

Jack nodded as he stroked Vera's hair, "Here's hoping we don't die again." It was a few hours before they circled the island and the familiar chill of the icy north appeared again. Jack, having not pumped his Fortitude as Vera had, shivered a bit when the breeze reached him.

Anna walked around the ankylosaur as Roan mounted it, "Be careful," nobody wanted a spike up their butt.

"Yea, it gets cold by the way.." Vera said softly as Jack shivered, "Imagine falling in the water. Its way worse."

Roan nodded, "I wonder if we can do something about this spike.."

"I bet," Jack dropped anchor as they came to the icy part of the north and lit campfires, "Let's make this as quick as we can, then."

"Maybe we can file it down?", Anna offered.

"There has to be another place they can be found," Vera muttered. She recalled seeing another mountain they had sailed past on their way through. Perhaps there were birds there too, "Its so cold..."

"Might be our only choice.." Roan nodded, "But would thst hurt it?"

"Maybe, once we get some we'll be able to do more exploring," Jack shrugged. With the campfires lit, it was warmer, and they'd be running around so hopefully that would help keep them from freezing. "Let's make it happen." He took aim at argentavi in the distance and shot to get their attention, waiting until they were within range before shooting again and then charging into the traps. They worked like a charm, as the beasts flew straight into the traps, giving Vera on the other side a chance to pop the doors to lock them in. "YEAH!", Jack whooped, "I can't believe that worked!"

"I don't know," Anna shrugged, "I've never dissected anything before." She didn't even know what tools she'd use to do that, she definitely didn't have any.

"You're a mad genius, Jack," Vera laughed as she watched the birds stuck in the traps, "Lets get them tamed."

"I would think maybe if the dino reacts to it then it probably hurts, right?" Roan guessed, getting off the beast before he got hurt, "So then we can stop?"

Jack pumped his fist at the congratulations, "Tranq arrows." Knocking the birds out wasn't hard, just time consuming, while the birds were in a trap they weren't able to damage. It was a good thing they'd brought the resources to do this for a while.

"I don't know," Anna shrugged again, looking at her tools, "What tool would we even use?"

"Well, while we wait for the birds to tame," Vera started as she moved to sit by their fire, "I'm going to keep warm."

"For filing?" He asked, "Probably a file, but we would have to make it. Something g with little grooves on a flat surface or whatever."

The original plan had been to drag the birds out of the traps to tame them, but Jack wasn't going to argue, he'd misjudged just how much space an unconscious argentavis took up. "We're gonna be here a while," he sighed as he joined Vera at the fires, once the birds had meet and narcotics keeping them sedated.

"Hmm," Anna frowned, "Why don't we see about getting metal first, I get the feeling that'll be a better material to work with."

"I think keeping them in there to tame probably is better than bringing them out," Vera said as she huddling with Jack, "Besides, it makes little difference. "

Roan nodded, "Do I have to ride it?"

Jakc shrugged and put an arm around Vera, resting his chin atop her head, "We'll get this done, then we can go home." They needed at least four of these birds, so everyone had a flier, they might as well get them all in one go.

"Do you want to?", Anna asked, "I think," she climbed up onto the saddle to take a peek, "Well there's some kind of space for your legs, at least." A dip in the saddle, like the pteranodon saddle, that her legs fit into. If someone could fit their knees into the slots, they should be able to sit on their knees without getting impaled, but that didn't look like it would work very well for anyone smaller than Anna.

"Good, the sooner we get away from the cold the better. I dont like it up this way," She said. Even with her fortitude up. She still hated the cold.

Roan shrugged, "It just doesn't seem like a pleasant ride. We can have it follow us to the metal and then climb on. Seems like it'll be more... rider friendly. "

"Agreed." Jack wished he'd had the foresight to build a proper shack around the rudder so they'd have somewhere insulated to warm up instead of the open air. He looked around the area, spotting crystal growths on a small island, "Vera, what is that?", he pointed.

"Let's do that, then," Anna nodded. That was definitely better than the alternative, until they had a better handle on how you were actually supposed to ride this thing. Leading the way, since the dinosaur was following her, Anna headed over to where rich metal deposits were to the southwest part of the hill, "Rock paper scissors for who has to do this?", she offered, holding out a fist over her palm.

Vera looked at the shiny growth, "My guess is crystal. We need that for a few things. Should we get some?"

"Rock paper scissors?" Roan questioned, resisting a brow, "I dont follow. "

"I think so," Jack nodded. Good thing they had fresh metal tools, then, "it's gonna get a bit chilly, sorry." He pulled anchor and steered through the iceflow towards that small island so they could get at the crystal. Both of their implants flashed red and a notificiation of "Frostbite" appeared as they could both see their health bars dropping.

"Rock," Anna held out a fist, "Paper," an open palm, "Scissors," her entire fist closed except for her index and middle fingers. "Rock beats scissors, scissors beats paper, paper beats rock. Loser has to try and make the anky mine metal"

Vera looked at her stats, reading as the health bar began dropping, "Jack, I think it may too cold to go much further.."

"Did you just make this up?" Roan asked. It was a pretty genius game if he were to be honest. And to use it to determine who did something was a pretty good idea.

"Yeah, I think so too." Jack hadn't built his fortitude, his Health was dropping faster than Vera's, and he had started chomping down some of the cooked meat they'd brought with them to counteract the drain. He wasn't entirely successful. "Let's make this quick, then!" This entire northern biome sucked!

"I think so," Anna shrugged, "it just came to me"

Vera nodded, taking her raptor and darting to get the crystal. A stupid effort on their part, she was sure. There was probably metal elsewhere in warmer climates, for sure. Once she gathered what she could, Vera quickly made her way back to the raft, "Lets go."

"Nice. Lets give it a try," He chuckled.

Trailing behind Jack and Nike basically collapsed onto the raft. Jack could barely move. If not for the campfires taking it from Frostbitten cold to just Chilly, then Jack would have probably died. "Let's never do that again!", Jack decided as he slumped against the box of supplies, "God, that hurts."

Anna smiled, "One, two, three!" Anna played scissors.

Vera nodded, moving to snuggle the large man, "Its so cold... lets get as far from that as possible. We need to warm up..."

Roan nodded. One, two, three. He played Rock, " I win?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back