• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ARK: Survival of the Fittest (Closed)

Roan had managed to find the note and read it. He scoffed in disbelief, "She's gone..."

Vera yawned, "What is it now?"

Hearing things suddenly go silent outside, Jack sat up, squinting as the morning light filtered through the window. "I'll go check it out." He rubbed his face to drive off the remains of a full night's sleep he clearly wasn't going to get and stood, grabbing pants and his pike as he headed outside and looked around his and Vera's side of the ridge, until he saw Roan down at the barge.

"Everything alright down there?", he called.

Roan looked up at Jack, then back at the note. He was shocked and upset. He couldn't even find the words to tell his friend that Anna had left. "I... she..."

"Uh-oh." That didn't sound good. From this height, Roan wasn't intelligible, but that definitely didn't sound like a 'we're good'. "Hang on, I'll be right there!" He ran back into the hut to get properly equipped, for... whatever was going on. "Something's wrong," he said to Vera.

Vera got up, having been already clothed, she grabbed her equipment and followed Jack, "Whats going on?"

"We're gonna find out." Down the slope and to the beach, skipping around beavers toting driftwood up to their half-assembled barge-dam. "Roan, what happened?"

"She left.." He said quietly, head hung low. Guilt and loss hung over him, "This is all my fault.."

"Its not you're fault. She's mad because I told her she needed to start listening to others if she wanted to stop fighting all the time." Vera said.

Jack blinked. Gone? She couldn't be gone! Where would she go? They all almost died every day before they got to their island, was she mad?

"We've gotta look for her!", he blurted, "She's gonna die out there!" He looked back up the ridge of the bowl. But how would they even find her?

Vera looked at Jack, "Where do we start?"

"Who knows how long she's been gone. She could be anywhere," Roan said, "I hope she's ok..."

Jack opened his mouth to answer, but shut it when he realized he hadn't the foggiest idea where to look for Anna. "Lemme see that note." He took the note from Roan, looking it over in the hopes of some clue as to where they'd find her.

But there was no such clue. She'd taken a flyer, the only tracks it would leave were where she landed it. They couldn't follow that. His face fell with the realization. "She's really gone."

"We cant just give up," Roan said, "Its Anna. We have to find her."

"How?" Vera asked, "No matter where we go she might be elsewhere."

"We can- we have to-" Jack furrowed his brow. This was well outside his skills, and the others skills. Among them Anna was the one with the natural instinct to find and track targets. Jack was just a builder, he didn't even know where to start.

And that was starting to make him angry. He'd been up all night trying to prevent a blowout, he'd gotten almost no sleep for it, and now their group had lost the member with the skills to find a lost member. "Dammit!" In his fury, he punched the barge. The whole thing shook, wood splintering off of his hand as he pulled it back.

He looked at Roan, "If we find her- When we find her, I hope you find her first." Because Jack would probably spend a charge on her medallion for the trouble and stress.

"If you touch her, we will have a problem," Roan said warningly, fire dancing in his eyes. The idea of anyone hurting Anna made him angry, and he would do anything he could to protect her.

"How noble," Vera muttered, "Well, the sooner we move, the more likely we are to find her."

"We already have a problem, Roan!" Jack threw his hands up towards the argentavis perch. "She took a bird! She left the island! You two arguing constantly has put Hell on our progress! We're covered in problems." He shouted at the sky and just pinched the bridge of his nose.

"If you want to find her, go ahead, but after this mess, of I find her I'm putting her through something." He whistled for his mount, this mess was too much for him. Why couldn't things be simple? "Vera, you want a ride back up?"

"Back up?" Vera asked confused. She had been thinking of where to look for Anna.

Roan scowled at Jack, "Whatever.."

"Back up to the ridge?" Jack figured that since they probably weren't going back to sleep, considering the just now occurrence, they might as well get some things done. He knew he'd be useless to search for Anna, anyway.

--------------------------------------------

Anna frowned as her pteranodon had to land again. He was fast, but flew poorly. It was dangerous, she didn't like it. Twice now he'd almost dropped her on top of a pack of raptors, and she wasn't equipped to tackle them. Hearing their cries as she tried to balance atop a rock, barely out of reach, was giving her a headache. She needed a better ride.

Hearing another raptor screech behind her she wheeled around and shot. The arrow went through the raptor's eye and into its brain, killing it instantly as it slammed and slid to her feet. She scoffed as she pulled out the arrow, then frowning as she found it broken. "Dammit!" The pteranodon's carry capacity was atrocious. She'd only been able to take a handful of arrows, her crossbow, pick, batchet, waterskin, and half a stack of dried meat. And that raptor had just destroyed her last arrow.

She needed a better weapon.

"Sure, I need to get some things before we go looking for Anna," Vera said quietly, "Jack, take it easy on Roan.. I can only imagine how he is feeling right now.."

"I can still hear you," Roan muttered as he marched to his hut.

Jack sighed as he helped Vera onto Nike's back. "I know..." He really couldn't know what Roan was feeling, and he didn't want to. If Vera went missing... well he'd be just as desperate as Roan to find her.

But he also knew that he and Anna had the same response to anger and frustration, and the mess Anna's disappearance created would only result in bloodshed if Jack was the one to find the runaway tribemate.

"...Did Anna... say anything to you, that might give hints?"

"Well," Vera thought for a moment, "Not really. I dont think."

Roan collected his things, and a raptor. He would need something that could fight if he was to go looking for Anna. Who knew what was out there waiting for a tasty human treat.

"Huh." Jack climbed down from his thyla and held out a hand to help Vera with the same. "Well, she could be anywhere. We should look at the map. She's on a pteranodon, right?" Hadn't Anna complained about how little flying could actually be done on that thing because it constantly needed to land?

"Yea, she took the pteranadon. Which means she actually can't really be too far. Or have much with her."

Jack nodded and went into the hut, coming back out with a folded map. He spread it out on the table. "We're here," he pointed to one corner. "And the longest flight I've seen without landing is over to here," he pointed to just beyond the beaches of the nearest coast. With some stimberries or some stimulant, Anna could probably push it farther to stretch the stamina drain, but... well he somehow doubted she thought that far ahead.

"So how many of those flights do you think she could make between last night and now?" It was at least two, since they couldn't see her on the far beach, but that was already a massive search area.

Vera made some mental calculations, "Well it takes about a minute or two for the pteranadon's stamina to regen. But the flights don't really last much long than... maybe five to ten minutes? She's been gone to probably no longer than.. what time did you two get back? " it couldn't have been to long before daylight. Perhaps five hours?

"Something like that," Jack nodded. "So..." He did some mental calculations and some guestimation on the map, and the result didn't look good. The circle encompassed most of the island, they needed a way to narrow it down!

"So, the smart thing would be go to areas we already know, because we would know what's there," Vera hummed, "However, Anna might know that we would look there and go elsewhere..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back