• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ARK: Survival of the Fittest (Closed)

After a few hours, they had gotten to the mountain with no sight of Anna, but they had managed to get all sorts or resources, namely rare flowers and mushrooms.

"I havent seen a thing," Vera said with a sigh as Jack met up with them on the south side of the mountain, "See anything from the beach?"

"Nope!", Jack called as Nike jumped onto the sand. "We ran into some raptors, and Nike had to persuade some crocs to leave us the hell alone, but we didn't find anything." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a pouch, "You seen some of these plants? I found a really weird bush."

"I found something called rare flowers," Vera replied, "When we landed earlier I chopped some trees because I knew we would need it for torches later."

"I got some sort of a mushroom. Same way," Roan commented.

"Huh," jack nodded, he walked over and showed them the contents of it. "I found this funny-looking bush, and I didn't know what it was so I took it apart, and I got a lot of these seeds." The spiked brown seed pods broke easily, revealing a writhing purple interior and four smaller seeds within. "The implants call it a 'Plant Species X'."

"Wonder what it can be used for," Roan hummed. Vera shrugged, "Plant it and see?"

"Maybe," Jack shrugged and put the pouch back away, "We'll see later." He looked around at the base of the mountain. "So we think we'll find Anna, here?"

"I figure we'd have seen signs of her. Like smashed rocks or slight deforestation." Roan said, "I dont think she's here. I circled the mountain and didn't see much."

"Well, we're here, anyway," Jack looked up the slopes, "We know she'd at least go to a mountain, for the metal and stuff, right?" He looked up at the slope, "The pteranodon's probably garbage for carrying stuff, maybe if we head up to the peak we'll at least find a basecamp?"

"Yea it might be a good idea." Roan nodded.

Vera hummed, "It gets pretty steep up there. We should be careful not to get knocked off our mounts."

"Yeah..." Jack squinted up at the slopes, "I think me and Nike can make it, is the wind gonna be crazy for you two?" He thought Nike might be able to handle the weight of the three of them, if it came down to it, but would her claws be able to grip with the weight of three people on her back?

"It shouldn't, there's other birds flying up there just fine," Vera hummed, "We will just have to be careful."

"If we feel it's too much then we can land." Roan commented.

"Alright, let's head up," Jack nodded, flicking the reigns on his mount, "You two will probably get up there before me, holler if you see signs of life." He departed to make the climb up the side of the mountain face before a response was possible. Nike actually seemed to struggle a bit with the climb. The stone was hard, and crumbly in places, and sometimes she couldn't get a claw hold.

By some fortune, nothing too dangerous was on the side of the mountain, or maybe Jack had taken a route they couldn't follow, but either way the peak was clear, and shining. Untouched, no signs of Anna's presence at all. There was, however, an abundance of metal and obsidian, and spiky white deposits of some kind of crystal. "Whoa..." He got off of Nike, pike at the ready as he cautiously poked around, looking for signs of people. A campfire, a storage box, ashes, shattered stones and remains of nodes. None of it was there. He didn't see any of it. "Well, that's a problem."

Vera landed, Roan landing right behind her. The two looked around, "Well.. nothing here.. but there's these crystals.. should we collect some?"

"Yeah...." Jack knelt down next to one of the crystal protrusions. "Do you guys remember one of the early engrams? Spyglass, I think it was, that we couldn't figure out how to get it?" Because they just could not figure out where to get crystal." It was a really early engram, but if the material was way out here, far and long away from where they should have been, then it was not an early material.

"Unless it was, and we just didn't know where to look?" Roan suggested, "Maybe these are on every mountain.. it would be kinda easy to get depending on the mountain, right?"

"In theory, yes," Vera agreed.

"Yeah, but we couldn't get anywhere near a mountain until now," Jack shrugged. He took out his pick and swung it at a node. Added, Crystal x3. "Yeah, this is the stuff," he said with a nod as he took one out of his inventory. A fist-sized block of clear white crystal, shiny and sharp. And heavy! "Whoa."

"Well I mean, we were able to get to a mountain. Some idiot just lead a giga into our camp before we could explore it," Roan muttered.

"Maybe we could, maybe we couldn't. Either way, we got it now so maybe it'll come in handy." Vera shrugged.

"Yeah, hang on a sec," Jack carried the crystal back over to Nike, pulling some hide and scraps of materials from her inventory. "I'm gonna see what this does," he said as he opened his menu, and started crafting. A few pieces of wood, some fiber, hide, and a couple pieces of crystal, one on each end, and the implant shortly turned out a simple small telescope. "Huh," Jack raised an eyebrow, "That's kinda cool!" He offered it to the other two, "What do you two think?"

Vera looked through the spyglass, down the mountain, "Wow, you can see creature stats and levels without getting close."

"This will come in handy for avoiding unnecessary confrontation with aggressive beasts," Roan added.

"That's cool!" Jack was getting excited, now. Maybe this trip wouldn't be for nothing! "Let's harvest what we can, here, then!"

"Put it on the birds, they have good carry weight," Roan said, "Also, I've notice that stuff like stone only weighs half their normal weight in the birds' inventories."

That sounded like a plan, "Yeah, I noticed that with some of the dinos," Jack nodded, "Metal weighs almost nothing on the anky back at base, and when we had Rocky, stone was the same for her." And in Manny's inventory, wood was a quarter the weight. It made him an incredibly useful pack animal when wood was the strongest material they had.

"Seems animals that are good for certain resources carry them at lower weights." Roan commented.

"Realisticallt, that sounds impossible," Vera hummed.

"It does, but," Jack shrugged, "What are we gonna do? Not take advantage of it just because it doesn't seem possible?" He picked up his pickaxe again, "We've got an opportunity to get resources, here. Let's just get those, get 'em down to the boat, and then keep searching." He took his pick to the nodes, whenever he got weighed down he deposited the resources into one of the three dinosaurs they'd brought. Nike didn't have the same carry ability as the argy, but she more than pulled her weight.

"Hey, just a concern," Vera said as she climbed onto her bird to go down to the boat, "How much weight can the boat handle?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back