Other Are you left-handed, right-handed, ambidextrous, or cross-hand dominant?

Are you left-handed, right-handed, ambidextrous, or cross-hand dominate?

• Left-Handed

• Right-Handed

• Ambidextrous

• Cross-Hand Dominant

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm right handed but might start learning how to write and draw with my left hand to make stuff easier. My mom taught herself how to be ambidextrous so :/

Kind of cross dominant, mainly right handed though.
I use my right hand to write, hold stuff, perform hand gestures, ect.
I use my left hand to open stuff (doors, cabinets, drawers, ect).
I also hold my cutlery left handed.

Cross-hand dominant, though I favor my right hand for most tasks. I use my left to lead with typing on a phone, opening jars, sewing, stirring, cutting with scissors, sometimes eating..etc. I use my right hand to write, draw, lead with typing on a pc, throwing balls, climbing.....etc. etc.

persistently left-handed. swear, it's like my right hand has a life of its own

parents tried to convert me into right-handedness when i was a kid but it didn't work out. the story of me trying to do something a right-handed person would normally do is always a tragedy.

liked games enough to get myself used to those controllers with the more important buttons on the right side without dying every five seconds though. there was also this pretty notebook i liked, but it was spiral. bought it anyway, and wrote on it like a steno pad. love knows no bounds.

Last edited:
i'm mostly right dominant, but i tend to open things left handed?? amongst a few other odd things. so i guess cross dominant?

As a kid I thought it was super cool to be ambidextrous so I tried to practice doing things with my left hand lol, I can use it reasonably well for stuff like throwing or cutting with scissors and if I gotta use it for something like typing it's not too uncomfortable. I can't write or draw or do anything that requires a lot of precision and steadiness though.

Its probably super common to do a few things with your opposite hand, the first example that comes to mind is that I think two people at work have asked me if I was left handed because I just naturally preferred stretching dough in what's apparently the left-handed way, and I don't like doing it the other way either. Who knew u could make a left hand pizza.

When I open things I alternate between hands bcuz I'm a weak noodle and my hands will get sore.

It's safe to say I'm left-handed, but I use my right hand to use my computer's mouse(because I didn't know there was a left-handed option growing up) and when I'm one-hand typing on my phone.

I'm right-handed, i can't think of anytime i use my left hand for any specific exception. Kind of makes me feel strange to see everyone else have those odd exceptions when there right or left handed only ^^'

Write with my left, but favor my right when doing most other activities. So I guess cross-hand dominant? Which I totally did not know was a thing.

Write with my left, but favor my right when doing most other activities. So I guess cross-hand dominant? Which I totally did not know was a thing.
Yup, that'd be cross hand. I didn't either, but I found it weird watching those "things only a leftie understands" video and going, "I get some of that, but I can use scissors and can openers just fine..." A quick search later and my world changed X3

Right handed, but the fingers on my left hand are slightly more coordinated, due to my experience playing horn.

I have tested this easily: by going from A natural (pressing down rotors 1 and 2) to A flat (rotors 2 and 3) on my instrument without the thumb rotor, which stabilizes your hand when pressed. It can be difficult to trill from A to Ab due to the awkward finger movement, but after practicing, I can do it with relative ease. I'm not as successful making the same motion with my right hand.

Last edited:
I would fall under being left handed. Also, my father and older brother are also both left handed. It's interesting since he never taught us to be left handed. Sometimes being left handed can be weird, like when eating at a restaurant and the drink is placed at the right side. If I can't move the drink to the left side, I'll always have to be careful above any food that I order.

This is actually really cool - I'd never heard of being cross-hand dominant before, but that definitely describes me! I think I'm probably "naturally" right-handed (I write with my right hand), but a physical defect in my right arm makes a number of other tasks difficult to impossible with that arm, so I do quite a few things exclusively with my left hand. When people ask me if I'm right or left handed before showing me how to do something, there's always this awkward part where I have to explain that I just don't know which arm is the appropriate one until I've tried both xD

I'm right handed when it comes to most things, but due to playing guitar my left has become a lot better at certain things. I would still say I'm right handed, as I use my right hand for practically everything, but my left hand isn't...useless...?

Cross-hand dominant. I use my right hand to write, draw, and swing my tennis racket, but my left is my default for everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back