Other Are you left-handed, right-handed, ambidextrous, or cross-hand dominant?

Are you left-handed, right-handed, ambidextrous, or cross-hand dominate?

• Left-Handed

• Right-Handed

• Ambidextrous

• Cross-Hand Dominant

Results are only viewable after voting.
Right-handed. I play all my instruments right-handed. But I do shoot w/ my left, so that's something.

I am left handed, but I can do a lot with my right hand. Most lefties can use their right too, because they got to adapt to a right handed world.

Last edited:
I'm cross-hand dominant. I prefer writing and drawing with my right hand, but I prefer to hold things with my left hand.

I've never heard of cross-hand dominant before, but it makes sense! I'm naturally left-handed, at least in terms of writing, eating, drawing, etc. but I do a lot of other things with my right hand, especially things involving sports. I'm even stronger with my right hand, which I've always found odd! I'm capable of writing alright with my right hand as well, but not as well with my left. I tend to attribute that to not practicing enough with it, though, as we all had to practice before we could write with our dominant hand, right? So I practice writing with my right hand whenever I can.

Also, I feel like having a cross-hand dominance would be pretty common in lefties! We live in a right-hand dominated world, after all, so we have to adapt despite not being right-handed!

I'm another one of those who had no idea cross-hand dominant was a thing until they found this thread, but I definitely fall in that category. Also, I'm pretty happy to see there are quite a lot of people who are mixed-handed (as I used to call it before), since I've never met anyone personally who is. :)

I write with my left hand (I tried learning it with my right, too, but it's basically chicken scrawls), but I have to play ball sports with my right hand - I couldn't accurately hit something from one meter away thowing with my left. I also use the computer mouse with my right hand, and my right leg is stronger, but so is my left eye. I could go on, but you get the idea.
In a few areas, I seem to be kind of ambidextrous, though: I don't mind which hand I use with scissors or for opening doors or picking up objects. And in racket sports, it seemingly doesn't matter which hand I use, either: I'm decent at badminton with both and equally awful at tennis no matter whether I use my left or right hand.

I think I'll revive this because I'm actually surprised by the poll results and want to see if the stats persist. Not to mention it's interesting how many are selecting they are cross-hand dominant.

i write with my right hand, however i do just about everything else with my left- ex: i play baseball, shovel, and mop like i’m a leftie. not sure if there’s an actual term for it, but i’ve always considered myself right handed.

Cross dominant. I write with my left, use my mouse with my right, throw with my right, use scissors with my right, but I tend to reach for things with my left hand first.

I do write sometimes with my left hand, or unconsciously do a sport (COUGH COUGH SOFTBALL on accident while batting) (needless to say I dropped my bat while trying to hit the ball and got out for basically throwing the bat) left handed, but I'm certainly mostly right handed.

I do write sometimes with my left hand, or unconsciously do a sport (COUGH COUGH SOFTBALL on accident while batting) (needless to say I dropped my bat while trying to hit the ball and got out for basically throwing the bat) left handed, but I'm certainly mostly right handed.
I like this story. Tell me more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back