• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Arcanepunk Rehab Facility Roleplay [High Fantasy/Futuristic/"Cybernetics"]

TanteRegenbogen

Cuddly enby auntcle
Plot: The roleplay takes place in a rehabilitation facility on an urbanized island. All the patients have something in common: they have received prosthetics after accidents or uncurable ailments. Magic exists in this world.

In fact, all technology in the world revolves around magic and mana. However magic cannot regrow limbs. It can only heal wounds and bring back the recently deceased. Reviving people who have been long deceased will just create undead incapable of human functioning. Additionally, raising the undead is a serious offense punishable with prison. The world has come a long way in terms of technology. The mana crystal powered car was invented nearly 250 years ago. Projection crystals have existed since the middle ages, however high fidelity television using specially carved projection crystals shining onto a slightly opaque glass or crystal surface was created just 150 years ago. They generally call this type of technology "manatech".

Now, manatech prosthetics and human enhancement with manatech is becoming more common. However there are many who oppose the enhancement of people with manatech. The most significant conflict is between the traditionalist and progressive factions of mages and sorcerers. There is a particular extremist faction of traditionalists that have resorted to terrorism against the enhanced. This faction is called the "Alliance for the Divine Naturality" or ADN for short. They believe the enhancement of bodies is against the wishes of the divine (the gods and goddesses). There is a militant faction that commits acts of terrorism, but there is also a non-militant faction that holds anti-enhancement rallies, has it's own politicians in the national council and has members regularly handing out flyers.

One day, there was a bombing on a medical convention for manatech enhancement. Due to the premature detonation of the charge, the attack also injured and killed multiple ADN members holding a rally in front of the building the convention was taking place in. A total of 62 people were killed in the attack and over a hundred injured. Of the casualties, 12 ADN members including the attacker were killed and another 15 were injured.

Some of the injured were brought to a special rehabilitation facility where they received state of the art manatech prosthetics. An unknown benefactor had paid not only for the treatment, but also for their stay and even a new start at life after rehab. The thing is: Not all of the patients are happy about the treatment, as even injured ADN members were taken to the facility and weren't asked for permission for the treatment. Some have even threatened to commit suicide over it, while some ADN members don't have any recollection why they were ADN members in the first place and seem to have had enough brain damage to have completely different personalities than before.

Setting:

The island of Duimmer Isle in the southern Aivesduin Keys, Republic of Demonfall.

Duimmer Isle is somewhat large island that you need around three hours to completely circumnavigate by train. It is the second largest island in the Aivesduin Keys. There are three islands between it and the mainland and about a dozen islands to reach the most outlying island in the keys. Duimmer Isle is however the most populous island in the keys and the fifth largest metropolitan area in the nation by population. The largest city and provincial capital is Duimmer City with a population of around 800,000.

Duimmer Experimental Research Rehabilitation Center: A rehabilitation center in the waterfront district of Duimmer City. Despite being so close to the city center, it's location is rather serene. The large facility focuses on testing the most modern tech on patients in turn for compensating patients for the risk. Usually, the center has patients fill out consent forms. But the current batch of patients weren't asked for consent, at least not the ADN members.

The rehabilitation center has modern living facilities, sports areas and a large garden. Usually, patients who have progressed far enough can leave the facility for a couple hours a day to do activities in the city, but are to keep a location tracker on them in case they run into trouble with criminals seeking to steal brand new technology.

Species:

-Humans
-Elves
-Halflings (they look sort of like hobbits. Short, yet normal proportions and big feet.)
-Hobgoblins (like goblins, but not short and prettier)
-Orcs

Social dynamics: All species are legally equal, however there may still be some mild prejudices between them. Orcs and halflings usually experience more discrimination than the other three species. Species based stereotypes are: Humans are proud, yet "dumb" (less reasonable than elves, halflings and hobgoblins), elves are snobbish and uptight, halflings are lustful and decadent, hobgoblins are manipulative and greedy, orcs stink, are aggressive and stubborn. But of course, these are stereotypes and the species rarely fit into them.

Elves and humans are more likely to be ADN members or traditionalists. Hobgoblins and halflings are more likely to be progressive. Orcs tend to fall in the middle, but aren't often found in magic relation professions.

I might add more information later.

Magic types available: Elemental magic (fire, water, air, earth), Light (healing) magic, dark magic, summoning, illusion, enhancement (buff) magic, abyssal, blood magic, necromancy, animal magic, technomancy

Due to the prevalence of magic, guns are rare. Most people can only use basic magic though and learning better magic is like learning in a self-defense class, since people will only learn better magic if they fear of being victimized by crime or feel it would benefit them in any way. Bladed weaponry is still pretty common, though a lot of them are manatech enhanced blades.

Creature wise, "fantasy creatures" like dragons, wyverns and so on still exist. Though in the sewers of the city, you will mostly only find crocodiles, fairy gangs and gigantic rats.

I like fantasy but sci-fi kinda iffy. Looks cool enough to give it a shot. What do I do now?
If you wanna take part, make a character. I posted a link to the roleplay proper earlier. Above the main thread you will find the links to the character and out of character chat threads

then take your time or if you want you can throw ideas my way in dm's and i can help you with that aka. Programmers rubberducky.
you say stuff, i take it in, and i ask questions or give hints/ideas so it can help you give a direction and ideas for the character.
But do know i wont be able to help with art im barely able to find art on my own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back