• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Apocalypse

Francesca Illiani

The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect
Frankie was actually feeling happy for the first time all day. It was great she found food, and that she had some candy now, but being in the good graces of the stern doctor was the smartest move to her. The last thing she wanted was for him to turn her away or kill her if the going got rough. So she followed him to his table and set her things down with a pleasant sigh. She looked over to him and spoke quietly, "I don't think you're a Nazi, but I know you have a very... logical train of thought that can come off as cold to a lot of the more empathetic people. I think you're one of the smarter ones here to be honest."

Nikita Vissarionovich

As he approached the table, Nikita set his backpack down and then placed the book he had just taken out of it on the table. He then took a seat and the opened to the page of the book that he had previously folded. "It is incredibly annoying. When you make complete logical sense but your input is ignored due to someone's moral code, inner struggles and feelings. The worst part is that they know that I am right but many people choose to lie to themselves, convincing themselves that somehow I am the selfish, evil asshole out to kill everyone. If I was not the only doctor here then you guys would have left me for dead a while ago." He then sighed. He wanted to stop talking about how the group were a bunch of doomed idiots. Instead he wanted to ask more questions about Francesca to better know her. When playing chess, one must know what his pieces are capable of before making a move." What do you think of the new girls that joined our squad? Who annoys you the most? What do you think of our overall chances of survival? Just tell me what's on your mind."

spacient spacient

Food... that was all she could think of. Food and some song that had been stuck in her head for at least a week now. She sat on top of a lamp post, swinging her legs aimlessly as she drew on a piece of paper she had come across. It was just some kind of doodle, nothing specifically. She whistled a little as she looked around, her body swaying slightly as she played the song in her head. After some time, she got bored and decided to move on. She had gone through most of the shops she had come across on her travel but whatever she did find was eaten within a short period of time. She hopped from the lamp post onto the roof next to it and began making her way over the roofs, hopping, flipping, and running as she went. Maybe she would come across a camp or something, that'd be cool. Maybe they would have some beef jerky. Oh god she wanted beef jerky so badly...

Will Harris

"Ah," Will pulled back. He vaguely remembered Frankie telling him something like that, but with everything else he had to worry about, he'd forgotten. He nodded. "Were the rooms on the first floor safe? I don't mean the undead, but if the windows were boarded up, and if everything seemed secure." He paused and gave her a few seconds to answer, considering how to ask his next question in a way she could answer. "How much farther?" Will directed this at Allegra.
Human__Ramen Human__Ramen

Francesca Illiani

Frankie listened to him intently. In some ways she could see that he cared about others, but it was cold and calculating. She didn't mind so much, she appreciated just how blunt he was being. This was the damned apocalypse, the least everyone could do was act like it. His words stuck with her though, that they would have abandoned him somewhere along the road, "I don't think we would do that if you weren't the medic. Will cares too much about the lives of others, he wants to save people."

She then glanced over to the girls on the floor, his probing questions making her curious as to why he wanted to know what she felt about more newcomers. It was obvious he wasn't happy about the situation, so maybe he was looking for an ally in all this. He felt like a public enemy, but Frankie really didn't think he was, so she gave her honest opinion, "I don't know about the girl on the floor, but... I kinda like Kate. I didn't wanna leave someone to die under a pile of rocks, but I wish she wasn't following us. I give her credit though, trapped for days on end without food or water and she's still kickin. She's strong, I'll give her that. As for who annoys me..." she nodded her head once, gesturing to Anna-Marie, the chronic screamer. How she survived out here, even though she was terrified of everything, really made her curious and irritated. A lot of the fearless have already died, and yet here she was.

She then sent him a sideways grin for a moment before it fell. He wanted realism, she would give it to him, "I want to sleep, Nikita. You're a doctor, I'm sure you can tell how exhausted I am, I have enough trouble sleeping during the night as it is. I think the group needs a day or two just to rest and eat because we're goin on fumes. I wish we wouldn't find more people, but that's just the way it is."

"I said, war, huh good god, y'all! What is it good for! Absolutely nothing say it again! War, whoa, lord! What is it good for? Absolutely nothing, listen to me!" Rum marched a little as she made her way along the roof after a while. But she stopped singing as she thought she could hear a couple of voices near by. Oooh, people! Maybe they had food? With a whistle she jumped off of the side of the roof and grabbed onto the gutter so she could shimmy along, unseen. She doubted they would be friendly so maybe staying quiet and out of sight would be better. As if that was going to last long.
(open to interaction)

Nikita Vissarionovich
"I don't think we would do that if you weren't the medic. Will cares too much about the lives of others, he wants to save people." Nikita just nodded slightly to this as he himself knew it to not be true. But he realised that she had a point as the amount of useless fuckers they had in the group grew by day. He then listened as Francesca answered his questions in a sense. "I don't know about the girl on the floor, but... I kinda like Kate. I didn't wanna leave someone to die under a pile of rocks, but I wish she wasn't following us. I give her credit though, trapped for days on end without food or water and she's still kickin. She's strong, I'll give her that." Nikita was pleasantly surprised. If she had been in the bookstore when they encountered Anastasiya, he imagined that she too would not like her and would see the inherent danger in keeping people like her around. Nikita also agreed on the mute girl. Although he knew that she would physically not be the best member of the group, he knew that she had a very good reason to join the group, as she brought resources with her, unlike Anastasiya who lied about having food as she never revealed how much she had to the group. "As for who annoys me..." she nodded her head once, gesturing to Anna-Marie, the chronic screamer. He did not really hate Anna-Marie but he did think that her hatred of her was absolutely justified. He then leaned back on his chair, ready to give his own perspective. "I want to sleep, Nikita. You're a doctor, I'm sure you can tell how exhausted I am, I have enough trouble sleeping during the night as it is. I think the group needs a day or two just to rest and eat because we're goin on fumes. I wish we wouldn't find more people, but that's just the way it is."

"Sleep is important you know. You can survive longer without food than you can without sleep. I need time to finish treating the blind girl though which I won't be able to do if we are on the move."

"And as for who annoys me..." he gestured towards Angelique. "Tie between her dumbass and her new friend."

spacient spacient

Last edited:
Francesca Illiani

"I know..." Frankie shook her head. She's had people, before the virus broke out, tell her that she has sleeping problems. She was sure it was some kind of mental problem at this point, but it was very hard to fall asleep, "Hey, I know I've never asked this before, but tonight could I get a sip of the moonshine I gave you earlier? I'm not a drinker but alcohol always put me on my ass before this whole mess started. Just this once, and I won't ask again, the rest is yours." she didn't want to take his new supply, but she just wanted one night of decent sleep for once

His next comment about the girls made her snort, and she had to put a hand over mouth and nose for a minute to keep from actually laughing. Looks like they were both trapped in here with people they didn't like. Well, actually, Colette was high on her own shit list, but she didn't have the same sort of annoyance for the girl that Nikita does. They were two entirely different sorts of people, "I get it, man, I reeeeally do."

Nikita Vissarionovich

"Hey, I know I've never asked this before, but tonight could I get a sip of the moonshine I gave you earlier? I'm not a drinker but alcohol always put me on my ass before this whole mess started. Just this once, and I won't ask again, the rest is yours." "You never asked it before because I never had moonshine before." There was a slight jokey undertone in Nikita's voice as he finished his sentence. He was not really the best at making jokes. Mostly because he did not have the sense of humour or the people to tell the jokes too. "Once we get settled into the apartment I will allow you to have some of the moonshine. You will just have to come find me. But if you only want to use the moonshine as a way to help you sleep, then I have to inform you that that is very counterintuitive. Alcohol, caffeine and nicotine all lead to insomnia, the mental condition of not being able to sleep, getting more and more potent. But I won't stop you from doing what you want." Nikita was also amused at how Francesca found what he said about the people that annoy him to most to be funny. "I get it, man, I reeeeally do." "Good. It's about time some fucker does. I really hope that twat wakes up soon."

spacient spacient

Last edited:
Francesca

Frankie smiled at his simple joke - she really liked that dry kind of humor, and he seemed like the kind who had that hidden up his sleeve, "Thanks Nikita. I know it would probably cause problems later for me if I relied on it, that's probably how I got in this mess. I know the last few times I had alcohol I basically fell right to sleep, and that's something I want right now." before the apocalypse she relied on little routines to go to bed - shower, tea, reading, and sleeping aides. Without those she lost her quick way to get to sleep and had to just lay there in the dark, hoping she would just drift off eventually.

She glanced at the girls on the floor one more time, resting her head on her hand that was propped up by her elbow, "Y'know, she might heat up faster if we made a small fire in a trashcan or something. We're in a bookstore, and as much as I hate to say it, we can burn some of them as tinder and put it out before we leave with a handful of snow. It might get us out of here quicker."

Last edited:
Colette Angeliqué

Colette held a hopeful gaze, refusing to lower her head and give up hope. So, when she heard a soft groan coming from the girl in front of her, an anxious laugh left her lips. "Nikita! She's waking up, if you don't want to stay, just tell me what to do and you can go with Francesca. I'll be fine with spending the night here." Her attention was directed at Nikita, and there wasn't a hint of how she was actuallt feeling on her voice. She was trying her best not to freak out, to focus on her current task and only on that; memories would just send her over the edge. The smaller girl took her attention again when a whine came from her mouth, a sparkle of joy showing up on the brunette's eyes.

"It's... So fucking cold," A breathy laugh pushed pass her lips and into the cold atmosphere, her arms were tensing up as she felt a familiar heat spread through her body. Anxiety. With a shake of her head, she tried to focus on the current situation, she could deal with her anxiety later. "The worst is over, okay? Just try to focus on that." These words were more said to herself than to Anastasiya.

AttackOnTak AttackOnTak The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect spacient spacient

Allegra Sauvagess & Katherine Powell
Katherine stared at Will, taking in the man's facial features before proceeding to answer his question. She pondered it for a bit. In the two days she stayed there, there weren't any zombies that came from the rooms or hallways of the place. But then again, she hadn't really searched said rooms.
She gave Will a confused look, hoping that it would convey her uncertainty. It most likely wouldn't.
Will's second question caught Ally's attention. She nodded her head towards a building not far from there. "That's the one."
Arriving at the place, Ally observed the place in a new light. She hadn't really gotten to observe any details of the establishment when she first arrived, so essentially, it was her first time here.
As they stepped further into the building, Kate stopped using the blonde as a crutch and started leaning on the walls. Her eyes wandered over to where she was trapped, without her consent. As soon as they made contact with it, Kate jerked her head the other way and closed her eyes, trying to forget the emotions.
Just thinking about it was hard enough, actually returning to the crime scene was gonna do a number on Kate, or so she thought.
S n o w S n o w

Will Harris

Will frowned at Kate's answer, looking up at the building in question. Any piece of information that he could get about the place would have been helpful, but it seemed like he'd just have to believe that the building was as intact inside as it was outside. He stopped in the doorway, looking around. The ceiling seemed intact enough not to cave in on them the second they settled down. He glanced at what was left of the stairs, and moved towards it, tilting his head up to try and see if any of it was salvageable, or if there was something someone could climb on to get up there. Though, the few stairs that were left didn't exactly inspire confidence. So, until a safer way up was found, it looked like scavenging the second floor was out. It also meant that zombies could be lurking around up there and he'd never know. Will pinched the bridge of his nose. He was going to drive himself crazy worrying about everything.

"Be careful," he said before the others split off to explore the apartments. It was obvious, but he couldn't help saying it anyway. He glanced at Kate against the wall, her head aimed away from him, and grimaced. Will hadn't paid much attention to the floor before, but now that he was he could see a dark stain peeking out from some of the debris. It couldn't be helped, but he still felt responsible, somehow. He went over to her, and tried to distract her. He forced a smile. "I wasn't able to properly introduce myself before," he held out his hand. "I'm Will, co-leader of our little group with another guy named Maverick." He was sure Maverick wouldn't be happy about bringing two people into the group without talking to him first, when he came back from wherever he'd disappeared to.
Human__Ramen Human__Ramen Fizz Fizz Vanessaaah Vanessaaah

Nikita Vissarionovich

"Thanks Nikita. I know it would probably cause problems later for me if I relied on it, that's probably how I got in this mess. I know the last few times I had alcohol I basically fell right to sleep, and that's something I want right now." Nikita nodded and went back to reading his book.

Some time later

"Y'know, she might heat up faster if we made a small fire in a trashcan or something. We're in a bookstore, and as much as I hate to say it, we can burn some of them as tinder and put it out before we leave with a handful of snow. It might get us out of here quicker." Said Francesca. Nikita listened to her and wondered as to why she would want to end the suffering of Anastasia fast. However, Nikita realised that he had been lost in his book and was not paying attention to the time. He decided that it would be best if they left earlier. "Alright then. Lets go ahead and try to start a fire. There is a stack of newspapers on that corner of the room. Those are hopefully dry enough. I got fire steel and some flint I could use in my bag that can be used. With the floor being made out of white tiles instead of wood, we can have a fire, warm her and leave before burning the whole place down alongside with is." Nikita set his backpack down and grabbed the piece of flint and the overused piece of fire steel he had and set them on the desk they were sitting on. He then went over to the other side of the room to get the newspapers. "Move the desks and the chairs so that we can safely contain the fire." Nikita then picked up the stack of newspapers. But, there were an awful lot in there. And the stack grew too tall for him to balance properly. Therefore, he split the stack into multiple stacks, and then took them to the desk that had his fire steel one by one.

spacient spacient Vanessaaah Vanessaaah Cronos Cronos AttackOnTak AttackOnTak

Francesca

The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect Vanessaaah Vanessaaah Cronos Cronos AttackOnTak AttackOnTak
Frankie stood and began to help with the chairs, desks, and stacks of book. She still wasn't exceptionally strong, so it was a little harder to push the desk and the stacks of books out of the way. Still, if she could get out of here sooner by helping the girl warm up, then she would put in the effort to make sure the building wouldn't burn down. It was when she had made a finished clearing on the floor around Colette and Anastasia that Colette cried out that the stranger was waking up.

What was she talking out, leaving them here? That wouldn't work. This place would only get colder overnight, and the floor was no place to sleep. She was starting to really see why Colette was number one on Nikita's shit list, "It's not smart if we left you here overnight, and Will wouldn't be happy abiut that either. If we finish making this fire then we can all get out of here soon."

Katherine Powell
Katherine was surprised to see Will approach her, snapping her head at the male. She looked down at his extended hand, forgetting for a second what one was supposed to do. When she remembered, Kate quickly met his hand with hers and gave it a firm shake, shooting Will a small smile.
For the meanwhile, Kate was thinking of a way they could get up to the second floor. Her leg was busted, so jumping across the stairs wasn't an option. She was deep in her thoughts when an idea occurred to her.
This building probably had a fire escape around the back. Maybe, if the metal wasn't completely rusted, they could use it to climb up to the second story. Of course, she would still strain her leg a bit, but she believed it was a better alternative to handicapped parkour.
Katherine poked Will's shoulder and asked him to follow her. She stumbled out of the building and into the white, cold nothingness, realizing that she would probably need another human crutch right about now.
S n o w S n o w

Liam had only visited the front of the apartment, around the area where Katherine was stuck before, and was keen on exploring the rest of the place. Traces of blood were found on the floor, probably Katherine's, but he kept his defenses up anyway. As he proceeded to the back of the apartment, the creaking floor only led to a master bedroom slowly rotting away. It was clear that this had been abandoned for a long time, even before the Apocalypse happened. In the room lay a king sized bed, it's sheets still existent but extremely mouldy. Scattered along the floor were cotton and silk, and scratch marks were apparrent on a wardrobe standing at the side.

With his dagger raised and breathing slowed, Liam cautiously walked towards the wardrobe. Whatever was in there must be worth something if someone was trying to open it up. Warily, he pulled the handle. Locked, from the inside. He had no time for this, if anything in there was useful, his group would probably need it. He folded an elbow into an edge, before jamming it multiple times at the door, the lock finally giving in. On the final slam, the door gave way and he stared inside - only to find a dead female staring back at him. It's body was slouched and in a pathetic state, multiple weeks of decomposing forced the surrounding atmosphere into a vile stank. A few pillows and bedsheets were also inside the wardrobe, but he was not going nearer to that corpse. Holding his breath, he closed the wardrobe door and headed back to find Will and the others.

S n o w S n o w Human__Ramen Human__Ramen

Rumble
Apartment Complex
Once up on the roof, Rumble looked around, seeing it was somewhat barren but decided that she should probably stay here for the night before moving on the next day. But just as she was about to settle, she could hear the sound of movement below her as well as voices. Curious... Feeling interested, she clamored her way into a window, seeing that she was in an apartment complex. Were there other people here? Rum was not exactly sure if she wanted to be in a building with a bunch of people, at least people she did not know. On the other hand... where there were people, there was food! That, and a grumble from her stomach, swayed her decision back towards having a look around. Leaving the room, she poked her head out into the hall. Not seeing anyone there, she started making her way through, trying to keep quiet the whole time. Rumble was not inherently quiet and almost seemed incapable of being quiet but when food was in the question, she was willing to at least try. Though it does not stop her from humming "War" under her breath as she made her way down the stairs, trying to climb the banisters rather than going down the steps. She seemed incapable of doing anything the simple way. Well, she did have the feeling the stairs would squeak so.... that was smart? Once she got onto the fourth floor, she started snooping around the various rooms, still humming away.

(open to anyone in the apartment complex)

Last edited:
Cole Bishop

Cole stood in the middle of the hallway, squinting at the sign on the door in front of him. He could only make out a few letters through the scratches, but he guessed it had said 'Welcome' once. Anything under that was completely illegible. He shook his head. He could almost believe that the sign had been put up after the dead started coming back to life. Welcome to the zombie apocalypse! Free bites inside! He stepped closer, nudging the door open with his foot. As much as he wanted a bed to sleep in, he didn't really want to go in there alone. He kind of wished that Will had split them up into partners, just so he could have a body in between him and a zombie. Well, someone useful, unlike Anna-Marie, who hadn't been much of a meat shield. He nudged the door open farther. Nothing jumped out at him, but that didn't mean nothing would. He muttered to himself about the lack of gullible people in the group and stepped into the room. The window was boarded up, but not that well. There was snow on the ground. He avoided the bed and the closet for now, wary of grabby zombie hands, and moved further into the apartment.

Nikita Vissarionovich

"It's not smart if we left you here overnight, and Will wouldn't be happy about that either. If we finish making this fire then we can all get out of here soon." It would not be smart. But it sounded nice to Nikita. Leaving them to freeze on their own. But, he knew that Will would not accept that and would know that Nikita had a role to play in their demise. Nikita placed the newspapers in the gap that Francesca had created. He was careful only to use a small percentage of all the newspapers he had, so that he could start a fire in the apartments that they would stay at later on. He grabbed the flint and the fire steel and then rubbed them together. A few to a ton of sparks came from the fire steel, depending on how hard he pressed. He tried a few times until one of the newspapers caught on fire. He knew that the fire would eventually spread as the newspapers did not have enough fuel in them to sustain a long fire. So he took his crowbar and then broke a wooden stool that Francesca had moved. He then grabbed all the separate pieces of wood he had gotten and then arranged them around the fire. After a while, they would catch on fire too and then the fire that they had built would last for a while. "Bring her closer to the fire."

spacient spacient Vanessaaah Vanessaaah Cronos Cronos AttackOnTak AttackOnTak

Will Harris

Will nodded, following her back out into the snow. He assumed that whatever Kate wanted to do was somehow important, or she would've asked Allegra or one of the others to go with her. He couldn't tell if the snow was getting worse, or if being inside for a few minutes made it seem that way. He went to Kate when he saw her struggling and pulled her arm over his shoulder, shooting her a more genuine smile. He had to bend down a little to do it, but he managed. He was about to ask her another question, and barely stopped himself. Having to phrase what he wanted to say in a certain way would take some getting used to. "Lead the way," he said.
Human__Ramen Human__Ramen

Felix The Stray
Felix sat patiently with a cigarette hanging from his mouth. The smell of smoke was so sweet to his nostrils. The survivor had collected enough data to fill a book. It was a miracle how much one can observe from afar. This reminded him of a saying he use to say. "You must stand back to recognize a true work of art," and this crowd by Felix's standards was a fiasco. First, an angel with broken wings fell from the sky and blacked out on the pavement (I am referring to Anastasiya tattoo). They quickly rushed her into shelter, she was followed by a small group of disciples. Moments later the other half of the group dissipated.

A small smirk crossed his face, it was his lucky day. He came to the conclusion that he would watch the group in the book store. It was a rather small building, no barns and noble by any standards. Felix adjusted his scope ever so slightly bringing the frame into focus. His view was now of a window. It was limited but he still got the full picture. There were two figures standing behind the glass. A male and a female they seemed to be exchanging words. As the conversation drew out, not only were they exchanging words but supplies.

The man received I giant jar filled with a clear substance but it wasn't water, oh no it was better than water. It was moonshine, his mouth began to water at the sight of this. The survivor was beginning to run low on liquor, perhaps he could refill his flask when the sun was extinguished.

His cigarette was on its last leg, the flame had reached the butt of the paper. He took one last good puff from the paper before tossing it off the building. He then swiftly covered his face with his bandana. He was going to have to start rationing cigarettes they were thinning fast. As his attention was brought back to the group he noticed sparks flying. The two figures had moved, the only thing in frame were glimpses of their faces. The two were trying to make a fire, Felix found this quite daft. They were in a bookstore for Christ sakes. It would only take one rogue ember to set the building ablaze.

Katherine Powell
A smile crept onto the brunette's lip as William helped her walk down the alley. It was even more appreciated when she noticed how uneven the ground was. She attributed the difference in elevation to the snow, and she was sure that she'd trip on it if it weren't for Will.
The end of the alleyway branched into many different paths, one of them leading to the back of the building. Kate's suspicions were confirmed when she saw the frozen fire escape built beside the apartment complex, leading into the windows of the apartments on every floor.
The mute pointed at it, hoping that Will would get the same idea she had. She'd need to be boosted to bring the ladder down, because there was no way she was boosting him.
S n o w S n o w

Anastasiya Griggs
She was in and out, but she was awake, and she could make some sense of what was going on. "Thank you," she muttered, visibly fighting the cold. She wasn't shivering as much as she was before, but she really felt like she needed to be. Anastasiya's brows furrowed as she felt her abdomen tighten - she needed food. That could've been the reason she was falling out like this. Probably why the cold was kicking her ass so well. The faded sound of Nikita speaking about a fire caught her attention. "Okay. Okay. You're going to be okay. You're going to get up soon and you're going to go with them. I'm fine. I'm fine. Just... Keep your head on."Ana calmed herself, and tightened her grip on Colette's hand, preparing herself for movement or whatever was needed of her.

Cronos Cronos

Rumble looked through several rooms, finding nothing of interest. Not even a scrap. Smacking her lips, she turned her attention to the last room that she had not looked in yet. As she entered, she found what looked like a discarded rucksack. With a quiet whistle she went in, unaware that she had just stood on a squeaky floor board as she went. Taking the bag, she began going through it. It looked like it had been here for some time and not been touched by anyone. Digging through, she found half a full water bottle and a packet of crackers that were surely out of date but her hungry stomach was not easily put off by sell by dates. Digging deeper she pulled out another packet and let out a short squeal of joy upon seeing that it was indeed beef jerky! Yes! Now she was cooking with gas! Quickly thinking she stuffed it all back into the rucksack with the intention of taking it.

Putting it over her back, she was about to climb back up the stairs but as she was about to, she looked down the rest of the stairs. Surely there was more she could go after... nah. Run quickly jumped up the banisters and towards the roof... only to do a complete 180 and jump back down to the third floor. Maybe she would strike lucky or something. If she wasn't caught that is.
S n o w S n o w

Users who are viewing this thread

Back