• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Apocalypse: Not your typical 'zombie'

He nodded, looking at the case nostalgically. "Yea...I used to play for my sister quite a bit, she was actually your age Addie before she- nevermind about that." His eyes seemed to become filed with sadness for a moment before reverting to normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was surprised that he knew how to play. I saw the sadness in his eyes for just a few moments when he was talking about his sister. And I felt him, I was kind of happy yet sad about how much Marcus and Felix were like John and David. "You think you could still play pretty well?" I asked from curiosity.

"I never knew music, was always hunting until the outbreak, then I was training to kill the bastards I became myself, all those years ago."

I chuckle, "The only thing that helped me relax was a bulls-eye," then with a sad smile, "now its just a little peace or company, that won't try to kill me."

I remembered when John had found an MP3 and we listened to some music on it before the battery died. "I'm not much for country, I've always been more about rock and that kind of stuff." I remembered some of the songs John had showed me. His music was always so great, all the lyrics usually pretty much summed up the crappy world and how to muscle through it. "Indie I guess."

Casey started slightly at the sound of Derrick's voice. He lightly grabbed her arm, though she wasn't used to physical contact she didn't pull away. They approached the stairway towards the exit. Casey looked over at Derrick as he began talking. The corners of her lips turned up slightly at his joke. A slight giggle escaped her as she responded to his last comment. "I know," Casey held onto his arm tightly as she carefully went down the stairs. She bit her lip in pain as she put weight on her injured foot, unintentionally squeezing Derrick's arm.

He nodded with a smile. He opened the case and let put a gasp. "Oh my....what a beautiful find...It's a Wilkanowski." (Wilkanowski Arch Top Acoustic Guitar 1937 Shaded Varnish | Reverb)

Carefully, he pulled it out, and strummed it with a smile. "Still in tune..." Clearing his throat, he began to play.

(Cue Crosses by José González)

"Don't you know that I'll be around to guide you,

Through your weakest moments to leave them behind you,

Returning nightmares only shadows.

We'll cast some light and you'll be alright.

We'll cast some light and you'll be alright for now."

"Crosses all over, heavy on your shoulders,

The sirens inside you waiting to step forward,

Disturbing silence darkens you sight,

We'll cast some light and you'll be alright,

We'll cast some light and you'll be alright for now."

"Crosses all over the boulevard,

Crosses all over the boulevard,

Crosses all over the boulevard,

Crosses all over the boulevard."

"The streets outside your window overflooded,

People staring, they know you've been broken,

Repeatedly reminded by the looks on their faces,

Ignore them tonight and you'll be alright,

We'll cast some light and you'll be alright."

He finished singing and playing, letting out a satisfied breath. "So?"

([media]

[/media])

I smiled at the soothing and beautiful music. It was a really nice change compared to the horrible reality. Once Marcus finished playing I clapped at how good he was at the guitar. I stopped clapping and closed my eyes, the song still echoing through my head.

"That would be the second song i've heard during my life, I like it, has more of a positive note."

A large grin broke on his face as he stood and bowed before placing the extremely expensive song in its case, carefully locking it and setting the case against the wall. "Thank you all very much, it means so much that you like it." He smiled at Addie before patting her head and ruffling her hair.

"At least some people can find small amounts of peace and happiness in this broken world, enjoy it while you can."

I looked at the case happily. I loved music, and even though I remember songs word for word and note to note and can replay songs in my mind vividly, it was pretty great that we were bringing music along.

Marcus smiled at her, sitting back down in his chair. "Well, we should wait for Devin. I gave him the safest pass, but it takes slightly longer.

LuLu looked over at Lukas. "Hey Lukey Doodles, I heard something a few minutes ago, it was pretty but I don't know what it was.." Lukas laughed a little. "That's called music. I think it came from some sort of guitar." He nudged her shoulder gently. "You wanna go check it out? I don't think any zombies or bad people would like to make music, so I'm fairly certain we'd be safe if we did check out the source. Besides, if anyone made a single wrong move towards you and they'd go up in flames." LuLu nodded eagerly. She knew Lukas wouldn't let harm come to her. Lukas stood up and held LuLu's hand as they headed towards where the music came from.

Marcus heard footsteps in the hall, he quickly loaded his shotgun with some self made slugs made from razor blades tied together. When fired, the tie would bread and scatter the razors, shredding anything in their path. He stood up and aimed one handedly at the door.

They entered and Lukas was in front of LuLu, just in case they did come across trouble. He stopped so she stopped. Lukas held one hand at his katana, ready to draw it out of its sheath. "Hello?" He carefully walks through the door to be greeted by 3 people, all looking ready to kill LuLu and him.

I stared at the door, surprised to see a familiar face alongside a girl. "Wait, Lukas?" I couldn't even come up with words other than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back