Chitchat Anyone care to chat?

Quite a bit to respond to here, but I'm not complaining.
Nightly runs sound awesome. I enjoy walks at night, but never run for fear of the wolves, the Jersey Devil, or Bigfoot considering me a midnight snack. I have only touched a single podcast so far, to be honest, called Welcome to Night Vale, an amazing one introduced to me by my cousin described earlier.
I'm genuinely surprised someone outside of New Jersey knows about the Jersey Devil. I don't mean to presume, maybe you've lived there, currently live there, or have been to the area, but I was almost certain you're Canadian. In any case, I spent considerable portions of my young life outside of the Pine Barrens and I can say, much to my disappointment, I've not seen the Devil for myself. Yet. Hasn't stopped me from wanting to look though, admittedly, it's been a while since I've done Cryptid or ghost hunting.
I've a few rattling inside my skull, but no way to weave them into coherent words yet. That, and I am unsure if I want to loot too much creativity away from my personal writing projects.
Would love to hear more about your ideas if you're comfortable with sharing!
Not exactly since I am just starting, I don't want to call myself a fan just yet (although I did already put money into the game, but it was a good deal in my eyes). I did just start, the characters and story interest me, I'm not really into the 'shipping' side of things though. My sister has played and convinced me to try it out since it's free (and yelled at me about spending money on it 🤣).
That's fair. I only played Genshin for about a week myself before I gave up.
At the moment I think so. I'm used to only writing between me and my sister, so I was kind of excited to try my hand with other people. Writing 1x1 with strangers seems, it may sound strange, intimate. The group I am looking at is application based so we or I will see if I get in. I am hoping to see more up my alley though, I'm both ready to write and feeling a little below league of others here. 🍑
That's really cool that your sister writes with you. I tried to get mine into writing when we were kids, but it never seemed to stick for her. I think you'll be fine, but if this is your first time writing with others, it's definitely a little frightening. You made an excellent choice by choosing to jump into the deep end though! I've been writing with strangers since 2009, so I'd be happy to go over anything with you if you're feeling self-conscious (characters, profiles, editing, concepts, etc). There's no need to feel like you're below others though! Nobody is born good at anything, but effort and enthusiasm makes a world of difference. So says the healthy growth mindset. We all lose some, we all win some.
I enjoy a lot of different music so this is hard for me to pick and I think it just depends on my mood, but I think mostly pop and rock make up my like songs. There's also a lot of which I don't know what genre you would categorize them in.
Do you have any favorite musicians/groups?
-Editing/Adding on- I'm a bit in the same boat as you. part of me wants to start making a story out of it, but it could be just so much more fun if others become interested and really wanna stick around and have fun with it too. But also, the execution, can I do it? We'll see. 😅
As I've already said to Thanny, I'd love to hear your ideas too, if you're comfortable sharing!
I have two Siberian Cats they’re both lovely boys. My pfp is one of them his name is Gus Gus we call him gg for short. The younger is a ginger boy named Miso.
Welcome in, KaijuCat! I see the "cat" side of your username (Miso is an adorable name and GG looks like a lovely lad too)! As for the other half, though, do you have a favorite kaiju? Mine is perpetually torn between Anguirus, King Ghidorah, and maybe even Kiryu. I personally haven't interacted with any outside of the Godzilla franchise though.
I speak English and Arabic :))
Arabic is really interesting! I minored in Middle Eastern Studies at my first university and wanted to learn it. What inspired you to learn it?
I like all songs of different eras so I can’t really choose anything, but if I have to pick. It’s arranged music of video games.
Any specific game OSTs stand out to you? Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is a personal favorite for me, but I also love the OSTs from the Tales series too!

Sethos Sethos I picked the name Kaiju because of gg’s habit of biting cords. I can’t tell you how many electronics I lost because of him because he’s on a vengeance streak if he’s ignored. But if I have to pick it’s either Mothra or Godzilla themselves.

My family is actually from the Middle East I learned Arabic naturally growing up. I also moved there for six years. It makes Spanish pronunciations easy since the words are similar to Arabic.

I love Final Fantasy, and Zelda personally. I have to listen to a Tales ost since I’m currently playing Tales of Arise currently. I think you will like Celtic Moon if you’re a Final Fantasy fan played FF4.

Sethos Sethos I picked the name Kaiju because of gg’s habit of biting cords. I can’t tell you how many electronics I lost because of him because he’s on a vengeance streak if he’s ignored. But if I have to pick it’s either Mothra or Godzilla themselves.
Ah, alright. So GG is the Kaiju Cat. Got it. That's a pretty fun nickname for your pet, I've got to say!
My family is actually from the Middle East I learned Arabic naturally growing up. I also moved there for six years. It makes Spanish pronunciations easy since the words are similar to Arabic.
That's actually super interesting, ngl. I had a close friend growing up whose family was from Lebanon. She talked it up so much that I'd really like to see it for myself someday, but I'm terrified of flying, haha. Whereabouts is your family from? If you're comfortable sharing. No worries if not!
I love Final Fantasy, and Zelda personally. I have to listen to a Tales ost since I’m currently playing Tales of Arise currently. I think you will like Celtic Moon if you’re a Final Fantasy fan played FF4.
I am not a Legend of Zelda or Final Fantasy fan, weirdly enough. Only ever got into Tales and Shin Megami Tensei.

Sethos Sethos *laughs*, everyone assumes I am Canadian, interestingly enough. It must be my liking for poutines, British English, overall friendliness, apologetic nature, and penchant for maple syrup. I am not complaining, however. I love Canada and Canadians in general, plus such a guess is very, very close to accurate, locally speaking. As for the Jersey Devil, I have had my fair share of gathered tales of cryptids of various nature, and my state particularly loves Bigfoot.

Perhaps my last post for the night (night being for the Eastern Seaboard), but regarding ideas I can happily share a few. *DEEP INHALE*.

Idea 1, 1x1 setting: A tale of two neighboring factions, one amphibious and one earthbound, fighting over a plot of prime farmland which both need. Two youths of either group convene when children and grow in understanding of each other, communicating in a partially understood bridge of words. There would be some fun in making language or body language here to make each other understand what they mean. My thought is that it would develop into a ceasefire between the two factions, and the allowance of shared farming that would make them both survive without resorting to sacking or total domination of the other.

Idea 2, 1x1, potentially a 1x1x1 setting: A town of any era is beset by rumours of something going on in the woods heading toward a cliff, where foul whispers, the spray of oddly hued fires on the trees, the smell of potash and sulphur, and dark shadows flickering in the woods scares the locals into a silenced fear. Some think of it as a cult, one that should never have surfaced, and when you and two friends decide to travel to the treacherous spot you spot a gypsy coven, the air around them laden with ill portent. Pulling you all in, they glance you and one friend over, then declare the other to be exactly what they need: a chosen one. A tale of dejection from not being chosen, you tag along your friend as good things happen to you all, but the story is not about you. However, something does not feel right. It is up to you to discover what it is.

There is another idea, but I am still hashing out possibilities with it and am not yet fully willing to disclose. Instead, I will give this music for a general feel:

Yeon Yeon Kaiju Cat Kaiju Cat , it is a pleasure to meet you both, and I'm sorry that I could not talk more with you all tonight, though I enjoyed it. =) Enjoy the rest of your day/night, folks!

Sethos Sethos *laughs*, everyone assumes I am Canadian, interestingly enough. It must be my liking for poutines, British English, overall friendliness, apologetic nature, and penchant for maple syrup. I am not complaining, however. I love Canada and Canadians in general, plus such a guess is very, very close to accurate, locally speaking. As for the Jersey Devil, I have had my fair share of gathered tales of cryptids of various nature, and my state particularly loves Bigfoot.
Guilty as charged.

The way you spelled "favorite", the mention of winter weather, and the fact you're also EST had me immediately thinking you were Canadian. Now I'm a little curious about your British English, though, mind you, I have no intention of prying. Always nice to meet another folk interested in Cryptids though. Tea kettler will always have my heart.
Sethos Sethos Idea 1, 1x1 setting: A tale of two neighboring factions, one amphibious and one earthbound, fighting over a plot of prime farmland which both need. Two youths of either group convene when children and grow in understanding of each other, communicating in a partially understood bridge of words. There would be some fun in making language or body language here to make each other understand what they mean. My thought is that it would develop into a ceasefire between the two factions, and the allowance of shared farming that would make them both survive without resorting to sacking or total domination of the other.

Idea 2, 1x1, potentially a 1x1x1 setting: A town of any era is beset by rumours of something going on in the woods heading toward a cliff, where foul whispers, the spray of oddly hued fires on the trees, the smell of potash and sulphur, and dark shadows flickering in the woods scares the locals into a silenced fear. Some think of it as a cult, one that should never have surfaced, and when you and two friends decide to travel to the treacherous spot you spot a gypsy coven, the air around them laden with ill portent. Pulling you all in, they glance you and one friend over, then declare the other to be exactly what they need: a chosen one. A tale of dejection from not being chosen, you tag along your friend as good things happen to you all, but the story is not about you. However, something does not feel right. It is up to you to discover what it is.
Love the dystopian feel of the first one. Reminds me a bit of that movie that came out a few years ago. I forget the name right now, but it was anime-inspired and had a banger soundtrack that Hiroyuki Sawano worked on. Second one particularly interests me. Reminds me of two ideas I have rattling in my skull, but have no plans to do anything with.
Enjoy the rest of your day/night, folks!
Have a lovely night, Thanny. Hope you get some quality rest.

Aha! That makes sense. Those three clues definitely make it seem like I am from the great north where I hug polar bears and eat freshly squeezed tree sap on flapjacks (Paul Bunyan comes to mind for some reason, wringing trees to make breakfast). Regarding my love for the British English, I grew up liking the exotic-ness of it and wondering why American English is so different. Chiefly it is that we cut corners, so I decided to try to write in what the rest of the world would understand. Unfortunately years of technical writing auto-corrects everything to American English and I give up half the time, but I do find succor in the lack of computers dictating what I mean, *shakes fist at technology*. Also, ooh, the teakettler. Fearsome beastie. I want one to put in a place where I would keep my terrarium . . . IF I HAD ONE.

Thank you very much for the kind words. To be likened to a work for which the great Sawano composed music fills me with joy. I would love to see whatever you are willing to share for ideas as well in the morning. =)

Last edited:
Sethos Sethos I played Tales of Destiny and Tales of Phantasia. Good games although Destiny is the first game of the series for the Ps1. Really good. Have you played any Wild Arms games? If not you definitely try Wild Arms 1 it’s on the ps4 for 9.99 it’s dirt cheap and a ps1 classic. But worth playing imo.

Ooh! I’ve been thinking of Shin Megami and trying it out!

My family is from Damascus, Syria. Though my aunts and uncles are all living here in the states. I do have relatives there. -^^

Feeling pretty sick, so I'll be off for the night. I promise to respond to you all tomorrow. Until then, I hope your evening/day is lovely.

Another icebreaker too:
If you were in an RPG, what would your preferred class be? Weapon?

Sethos Sethos Greetings and salutations! Hopefully the sickness died down and stays down. Regarding this last icebreaker question, I believe I might fall under the role of support or glass cannon. If I have a tendency in RPGs, it is sacrificing much for either damage or buffs. Golden Sun, for instance, was so fun in that I beat down opponents before they could finish one or two rounds, excepting Deadbeard. Fighting two Deadbeards was even worse in the arena. Ugh.

Kaiju Cat Kaiju Cat Wild Arms has some fantastic music, and I wanted to try it out for some time. I will have to look into this, having a PS4. The Tales of series is great. I loved Graces and Symphonia, but wanted to check out the earlier ones.

Aha! That makes sense. Those three clues definitely make it seem like I am from the great north where I hug polar bears and eat freshly squeezed tree sap on flapjacks (Paul Bunyan comes to mind for some reason, wringing trees to make breakfast). Regarding my love for the British English, I grew up liking the exotic-ness of it and wondering why American English is so different. Chiefly it is that we cut corners, so I decided to try to write in what the rest of the world would understand. Unfortunately years of technical writing auto-corrects everything to American English and I give up half the time, but I do find succor in the lack of computers dictating what I mean, *shakes fist at technology*. Also, ooh, the teakettler. Fearsome beastie. I want one to put in a place where I would keep my terrarium . . . IF I HAD ONE.
Makes sense. I always spell gray as "grey" because I had an ex that spelled it that way. Ever since then, I've simply accepted it as the superior way of spelling it. For some reason, though, that's only the Canadian/British way of spelling it.
Thank you very much for the kind words. To be likened to a work for which the great Sawano composed music fills me with joy. I would love to see whatever you are willing to share for ideas as well in the morning. =)
You're welcome.
Sethos Sethos I played Tales of Destiny and Tales of Phantasia. Good games although Destiny is the first game of the series for the Ps1. Really good. Have you played any Wild Arms games? If not you definitely try Wild Arms 1 it’s on the ps4 for 9.99 it’s dirt cheap and a ps1 classic. But worth playing imo.
I've played every game from Symphonia onward. I currently own Symphonia (OG and the remakes), Vesperia (OG and remakes), Abyss (OG and remakes), Graces f, Xillia, Xillia 2, Berseria, Zestiria, and Arise. I'm probably forgetting one or two. I've also not played Wild Arms, but I DO own one of the games on Steam (gift from a friend). Maybe I'll try it out.
Ooh! I’ve been thinking of Shin Megami and trying it out!
It's definitely fun, but it also has some pretty severe difficulty curves.
My family is from Damascus, Syria. Though my aunts and uncles are all living here in the states. I do have relatives there. -^^
It's amazing to be that closely linked to history. Being that Damascus is one of the oldest cities in the world, I'm sure it has many stories to tell. I'd love to visit it someday, assuming that I can conquer my fear of airplanes. When you lived in the Middle East, is that whereabouts you lived yourself?
Sethos Sethos Greetings and salutations! Hopefully the sickness died down and stays down.
Thanks. I feel fine now, but I doubt that it'll stay away. Food and I have a very complicated relationship.
The Tales of series is great. I loved Graces and Symphonia, but wanted to check out the earlier ones.
Thrilled to meet another Tales fan. Literally just shipped out my copy of Xillia to someone I met the other day because I want more people to experience the series.

I think that's everything, but my apologies if I've missed a post from someone.

I'll have a meeting today and plenty of homework to do, but I'll glance over to respond when I have some spare time. Odds are that you won't hear from me until later in the evening. I hope the rest of you has days that are plenty relaxing or productive, depending on what kind of mood you need to get through today. Happy Friday too!

Sethos Sethos Thanny Thanny Lmao I’m enjoying Tales of Arise I’m currently almost done with Niez. I hopefully can start gettiing access to things to like the good chunks.

Oh, trust me Wild Arms 1 is good. I played a little bit of three I can’t judge it neither five. I say 1 is better than 2 and 4. Well in terms of plot and characters. Maybe it’s because I have PTSD from a certain super boss in Wild Arms 2 *heavy breathing*

Sethos Sethos Thanny Thanny Lmao I’m enjoying Tales of Arise I’m currently almost done with Niez. I hopefully can start gettiing access to things to like the good chunks.
Niez is the fourth realm, right? I loved the combat in that game, but the plot basically takes a complete downturn after the second Lord, imo.

Niez is the fourth realm, right? I loved the combat in that game, but the plot basically takes a complete downturn after the second Lord, imo.
Yeah.. can’t argue there. I wish they made Zephyr a permanent party member instead of.. doing what they did.

On the topic of Wild Arms 1 you will get to meet one of my favorite characters, Zed. Sadly he’s only playable in the Ps2 remake. He has so much personality,

Yeah.. can’t argue there. I wish they made Zephyr a permanent party member instead of.. doing what they did.
A total waste of an excellent voice talent too. They hired Patrick Seitz to voice him and then. . The game did that.

You're telling me. I loved Zephyr. Would've liked to see more of him. I'd prefer him over Kisara or Dohalim.
That’s another thing.. I wonder if Kisara is a way for the game to shame the player for spending gald.

That’s another thing.. I wonder if Kisara is a way for the game to shame the player for spending gald.
Probably. I remember there being a conspiracy theory at launch that the difficulty spending Gald was a way to push players to buy the DLC.

Probably. I remember there being a conspiracy theory at launch that the difficulty spending Gald was a way to push players to buy the DLC.
Oh that’s lame I thought it was a Tales thing.

Just remember: when you are in a pinch and need to heal, toss a peach gel to distract the enemy . . . then eat an apple gel. Pascal-approved.

Well, I just finished two of the lab reports I needed to write. How is everyone else doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back