• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Another (no so) generic fantasy high school: ooc

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Are both of the ideas meant to exist in the same world, or are they two different ideas for what the school is for. Like will it be both, or one or the other

Are both of the ideas meant to exist in the same world, or are they two different ideas for what the school is for. Like will it be both, or one or the other
hmm? well things have now changed... iv decided ill keep it as a day school now.. and iv edited accordingly

I think I ended up figuring it out on my own. So, just to make sure I'm not wildly misinterpreting, Nazeric uses simulated portals to teach students how to deal with alternate worlds as well as the creatures that might come through into ours. We're all starting as freshmen, and while we're schooling it up we're also going to encounter this monster thing that lives in the school.

I think I ended up figuring it out on my own. So, just to make sure I'm not wildly misinterpreting, Nazeric uses simulated portals to teach students how to deal with alternate worlds as well as the creatures that might come through into ours. We're all starting as freshmen, and while we're schooling it up we're also going to encounter this monster thing that lives in the school.
correct

good beans. did you have anymore info on what kind of creatures we can be? or maybe limits on innate abilities or something?

good beans. did you have anymore info on what kind of creatures we can be? or maybe limits on innate abilities or something?
generally speaking on like character races I prefer to take it on a case by case basis, but as a rule of thumb is it gotta have a humanoid appearance or be able to maintain a humanoid form.

Can I become a mass of wriggling tentacles with a human head that blends in by wearing a cloak that cover their entire body?

Can I become a mass of wriggling tentacles with a human head that blends in by wearing a cloak that cover their entire body?
hmm thats a little... hmm... feels like it falls under a beast if anything. maybe if you try a mindflayer... or something but that seems a little far off? a cephalopod "person" would be ok in some sense but so far id need a little bit more info

hmm thats a little... hmm... feels like it falls under a beast if anything. maybe if you try a mindflayer... or something but that seems a little far off? a cephalopod "person" would be ok in some sense but so far id need a little bit more info
Mindflayer is for cthulhu while I'm more of a Hastur fans!
images (28).jpeg
Anyway, I'm just teasing about the tentacle person stuffs. I already using it in other RP so I should use something else no matter how much I love cephalopod.

generally speaking on like character races I prefer to take it on a case by case basis, but as a rule of thumb is it gotta have a humanoid appearance or be able to maintain a humanoid form.
So is it because the magic and portal shenanigans aren't public knowledge? Because I love me some obviously not human-passing characters.

So is it because the magic and portal shenanigans aren't public knowledge? Because I love me some obviously not human-passing characters.
By humanoid I mean body shape wise... like go ahead and play drider or a mindflayer

but something like a hydra is not going to fly due to them being a beast

Hope you do that soon. Already have an idea of a character. I hope you don't mind if I make part of her a secret that will be revealed as the plot continues.

here is the CS page my lads along with a explanation on what counts and a monster or beast

Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 can you explain more about this part? It's a very board category so unless you have specific ability in mind, this would also implies that they're intelligent enough to identify human's detection device. Which would contradict the other point about them lacking intelligence beside basic cunning.
ability to somehow avoid sensor, traps, visual confirmation, cameras or any sort of detection. Unless they are attacking or other criteria are met, this is a feature shared by all beasts no matter what,

Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 can you explain more about this part? It's a very board category so unless you have specific ability in mind, this would also implies that they're intelligent enough to identify human's detection device. Which would contradict the other point about them lacking intelligence beside basic cunning.
its basically a natural ability or side effect of the creatures leaving through the portals, its as if they're invisible... you know kinda how cryptids are like your alone in the woods and yous see bigfoot but when your with another person there is no bigfoot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back