Anime & Manga ANIME VENT CHAT (WARNING SPOILERS)

Sports anime makes me gay. Like seriously, the likable characters and some of the dynamics make it hard not to ship characters with each other, like wow. I haven't watched any recently but I know too much just from the things people create through the pairings.

Also I haven't watched One Piece actually fully and have only seen scenes, but gosh darn, Law will always be my favorite uwu He has gone through so much at so young and he's just awesome.

My favorite one piece is actually zoro like.... omg he's one of those bad ass types that like gets your eye yknow? AH HES JUST SO PERFECT!! too bad there's not that much fan art of him

The yknow zoro x reader fan art if you catch my drift.

But still he's the type I fall head over heels for

Luffy is more like the little brother type.

Sanji is the hopeless romantic.

Nami is the motherly figure

And chopper is like the attention seeking companion that no one will admit is like a service pet

My favorite one piece is actually zoro like.... omg he's one of those bad ass types that like gets your eye yknow? AH HES JUST SO PERFECT!! too bad there's not that much fan art of him

The yknow zoro x reader fan art if you catch my drift.

But still he's the type I fall head over heels for

Luffy is more like the little brother type.

Sanji is the hopeless romantic.

Nami is the motherly figure

And chopper is like the attention seeking companion that no one will admit is like a service pet
I wholy agree

Fujitora yo! All the way he had the balls to talk back to Sakazuki. He’s all around one of the good marines.

I finished Naruto last night I’m both happy and disappointed. Gaara proved he’s a bad ass on the other hand. I’m disappointed in Ino being reduced to a medical ninja she had potential to do great things but no. Hinata would’ve been a good Shinobi but nope.

So I've been watching this anime called To Your Eternity. The protagonist's powers are just BUSTED. He can transform into anyone and anything, he can creates anyone and anything, he's also immortal and can instantly recharge himself by transforming. He ressurected dead people, break out of prison made of molten metal, recreated an entire city building by building and many more incredible feats. Any other series would think a hundred times before putting someone like him into the story because it risks trivializing the challenges, yet the protagonist is far from perfect. He still has a lot to learn and not just how to use his powers more effectively but various questions about life as well.

I also love how the story is clearly emphasizing the theme of friendship and emphaty. Fushi might be a one man army, but he clearly needs supports from everyone around him and doesn't think that he's above the others just because he has powers. The side characters also had plenty of endearing story and development of their own and I oftenly cried after an arc ended. Gugu's sacrifice is still my favorite but Bon's massive development is a close second, and his arc is still ongoing.

Just finished watching the berserk movies.

I will now read the manga in hopes Griffith dies.

F731E57F-312D-46D4-9A35-2B15FC8A1CFB.jpeg

I finished Naruto last night I’m both happy and disappointed. Gaara proved he’s a bad ass on the other hand. I’m disappointed in Ino being reduced to a medical ninja she had potential to do great things but no. Hinata would’ve been a good Shinobi but nope.
I agree. I understand the the two aren't exactly the main characters, but I would've loved to see some fight scenes. Like Ino is a yamanaka, and Hinata is a hyuga for goodness sake! They're two of the most well known clans, and Hyuga is one of the strongest clans to exist. As the heiress, you'd think they'd give Hinata more fight scenes to prove her strength, and with how strong Neji was, I think Hinata could be just as, if not stronger than him. Its unfortunate they didnt pay attention to the other females much.

I agree. I understand the the two aren't exactly the main characters, but I would've loved to see some fight scenes. Like Ino is a yamanaka, and Hinata is a hyuga for goodness sake! They're two of the most well known clans, and Hyuga is one of the strongest clans to exist. As the heiress, you'd think they'd give Hinata more fight scenes to prove her strength, and with how strong Neji was, I think Hinata could be just as, if not stronger than him. Its unfortunate they didnt pay attention to the other females much.
I strongly agree Hinata has proven to be capable but she was just reduced as a blushing Naruto fan when that’s besides the point of her as the heiress.

As for Ino she could’ve used her mind transfer for gathering intel and espionage.

I strongly agree Hinata has proven to be capable but she was just reduced as a blushing Naruto fan when that’s besides the point of her as the heiress.

As for Ino she could’ve used her mind transfer for gathering intel and espionage.
Most definitely.

Ino was honestly such a badass- and she was always one of the stronger shinobis in the academy too. It's a shame that even during their genin years she didn't get to shine much.

Most definitely.

Ino was honestly such a badass- and she was always one of the stronger shinobis in the academy too. It's a shame that even during their genin years she didn't get to shine much.
Yes and her battle with Sakura during the chunin exam was such bs. She is a bad ass so much wasted potential.

Yes and her battle with Sakura during the chunin exam was such bs. She is a bad ass so much wasted potential.
I do find that it was nice that they both realized that their rivalry went beyond just Sasuke- and I guess they realized that it was a bit stupid to fight over Sasuke in the first place. The realization was nice, but you're right, the fight was overall bs. One of them should've won, either way it wouldve been interesting seeing one of them in the chunin exams.

I do find that it was nice that they both realized that their rivalry went beyond just Sasuke- and I guess they realized that it was a bit stupid to fight over Sasuke in the first place. The realization was nice, but you're right, the fight was overall bs. One of them should've won, either way it wouldve been interesting seeing one of them in the chunin exams.
I personally think Ino should've won but I did like how Inner Sakura was used as a counter against her Mind Transfer jutsu

I personally think Ino should've won but I did like how Inner Sakura was used as a counter against her Mind Transfer jutsu
That’s the only thing I liked and was like that was a good way to counter against the mind transfer.

Trueeee. Inner Sakura was lowkey such a surprise attack in the fight XD

I was positive Ino would win since, lets face it, as awesome as Sakura is, she wouldn't have stood a chance against Ino as a genin. But then boom, Inner Sakura appeared.

Trueeee. Inner Sakura was lowkey such a surprise attack in the fight XD

I was positive Ino would win since, lets face it, as awesome as Sakura is, she wouldn't have stood a chance against Ino as a genin. But then boom, Inner Sakura appeared.
I like Sakura too! It just sucks that her character isn't allowed to shine. She only ever had 2 fights in ALL of Naruto. One fight she had to share with someone else. And it doesn't help that her obsession with Sasuke sullied her character growth

I like Sakura too! It just sucks that her character isn't allowed to shine. She only ever had 2 fights in ALL of Naruto. One fight she had to share with someone else. And it doesn't help that her obsession with Sasuke sullied her character growth
I completely agree here.

Last edited:
I. Just finished watching neon genesis evangelion. I'd gotten to ep 23 in the past and dropped it due to irl reasons, but I was so excited for the fabled 2-part epic finale. Like, damn, the rest of the anime was a bit difficult to follow even for me, and I make it a hobby to watch difficult things to understand.

And then

After 24 episodes

The finale was essentially shinji talking to himself in the same manner he did when he got liquified by 01. The plot culmination crashed into the ground. Plots were left unresolved. It was nearly an hour of the anime staring directly into your face and saying "This. This is the theme of the show"

Every morning I wake up

And every morning I am more and more disappointed.

I'm almost scared to watch Death (true)^2 and The End because I think I'd lose it if I had to sit through another one of Shinji's LSD-introspection-sessions. Like. It was interesting the first time, don't get me wrong, but the next 3 times just retread what we already knew.

I think people might have noticed but...
I really, really love William Vangeance from Black Clover. Sure, he's a screw-up (like, big time), but he's such a complex, interesting and sympathetic character, whose design is just perfection. I just wish that Tabata did more with him. As with many other Black Clover characters that I love.
I also really like Nozel, Fuegoleon, Dorothy, Mereoleona, Rill and many others from this universe, and Black Clover is one of the few series I've seen that actually seems to treat the female cast almost equally. Sure, there is some female sacrifice going on, sure Asta's got something of a harem of girls who have a crush on him and that's annoying, sure, I think Charlotte's a bit obnoxious, but characters like Mereoleona who just don't care whether they present in a feminine or masculine way, don't care about conventions, but also respect them enough in the public to not be one of those trope-y, quirky, not like other girls... are fun. And characters like Kahono who are just genuinely good friends that don't end up being romantic rivals and don't just talk to the FL about love are so refreshing to see.

Besides that, though, I also love Gen, Ukyo, and Senku from Dr. Stone and I'm warming up to Ryuusi and Francois. Gen's unpredictability and flair are fun to watch - plus, in the dub he is voiced by Finral's voice actor (Black Clover). Ukyo is a pacifistic sweetheart with a bow and arrow (I like my archers). Senku is a blessing of a main protagonist because of his occasionally seemingly slimy and callous nature that hides genuine care for other people and differentiates him from so many shounen protagonists. Ukyo Kohaku and Suika have also become unexpected favorites from the female cast... and I have to say, Nikki, as a muscular girl who nevertheless loves pop music and whatnot, was another welcome addition. Anime could use more muscular ladies.

Noragami's Kazuma and Bishamon are somehow just... so interesting to watch with their dynamic of the female goddess and her... assistant/minion/servant/shinki, which somehow feels refreshing. That said, the pairings in that anime are all-round just so nice, and I love the arcs and the world, and how many of the threats take the form of animals and not just some inhuman gross blob. (There are those, but they don't make up the bulk of 'em.) Aragoto was definitely my favourite of the anime seasons.

I really like Beastars' Louis, and his background relationship with Juno. It's such fun, so much spice and tension. And granted, Juno gets obnoxious occasionally, but... she's young, she can do that. Plus, so does Louis. Jack is also endearing with his relationship with Legoshi - which I hear is more fleshed out in the manga - and I like Haru, even though she's a bit of a mess as the series goes on... and could afford to cut Legoshi some slack. Still, again, she, like all the characters, are teenagers and I don't think that audiences - even the teen ones - seem to have the level of self-awareness to always acknowledge that they too act or have acted in similarly obnoxious ways. But who knows. Maybe we hate obnoxious teens because we hate how we acted as teens.

I don't care for the protagonist of Mushouku Tensei. That being said, I adore the girls and women of the show. Eris just goes through so much growth, from a spoilt, loud, violent brat, to a more caring, and mature mentor in her own right. Sylphy seems to gain confidence and power over time. And Roxy's backstory and journey are also touching and occasionally fun. Plus, the designs - especially for the wear -, the architecture, the landscape and so many aspects of world-building are so intriguing in the show. Half the men are dicks, sure... but many go through their own growth or are mocked for being the way they are. And, honestly, I watch the show more in anticipation of seeing more admirable women and girls. Plus, I think Rudy coming to value family and gaining more confidence is also touching... especially if you somehow are lucky enough to briefly repress memories of his perversions. I wouldn't say I recommend the show, or that it's a show for everyone, I wouldn't say it's flawless... but I do think I'm going to keep on watching. Even if it's mostly because I'm excited to see more of Sylphy, Roxy, and Eris.

While the female characters in My Hero Academia have been done dirty -- that's undeniable to anyone who watched the show/read the manga --, the complexity of various male characters is nice to see. Characters like Keigo, Shouta, Enji, Katsuki, and Shouto, show what Shounen could be if it paid attention to its characters more and didn't just care about the power-creeping and flashy fight scenes. I mean, the fight scenes are definitely there -- though, I honestly think Black Clover choreographs them better -, but it feels at times secondary. They're also just fun to watch on screen. Even the less complicated characters like Tamaki and Mirio can be relatable or admirable, and I like the thought that goes into quirk and appearance design -- though, costume design is at times lacking.

I admit, I used to hate AoT. I mean, I hate the last season, mostly, don't get me wrong. The first season is... better than it was initially, but still not the best. Seasons 2 and 3 are to me the best of AoT. Also, Levi carries the show hard. Granted, it's a fairly mainstream opinion, but this short clean-freak of a dude is my favourite from the show. There are so many sides to him, so much personality and charm, little quirks he has, things he says, his attitudes and views on things. He might come off as violent, but I view this as a product of his upbringing. It's not excusable, no, but you can understand where it came from. Hanji can be a bit much at times, but I like her/them too, along with Mikasa, Armin, Annie, Historia, Reiner, Bertholdt, and Erwin.

Cells at Work has some great villain design - based on different pathogens - which I can really appreciate. It's a fun, well-thought-out show. Although... I admit I like Cancer Cell a little bit too much. I also like Dendritic Cell, but that one I guess is more understandable.

Hell's Paradise is looking pretty good so far... and I really like Shion. Yuzuriha's "where's a hot teacher when you need one?" leading onto Shion's scene cracked me up.

Last edited:
I love the Houseki no Kuni anime. The manga causes me pain because it wasted its ABUNDANT potential for bittersweet beautiful tragedy by churning out a trashy discount Madoka Magica twist instead. Not to mention all the lazy hand-waving turns the plot took to get there.

So now I have to live with hoping that HnK never gets a second season because then it might end up just as disappointing as its source material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back