• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anime High School: Fujin High's Drama Club [Closed]

Characters
Here
Himeno grumbles to herself as she climbs into her apartment through the window and into her bedroom that she shared with her younger sister. Why was the boss always having her work so late? She honestly didn't mind since she got paid extra for working late, but it dug into her sleep time. Himeno glanced at the clock. It read 3:00 AM...she sighs softly to herself as she plops down onto her bed and beginning to snore softly in her sleep. In a few hours her sister...her dear dear older sister Tori would come to wake her up. She could never tell her sister the job she had been working for several months now or otherwise she would have a heart attack out of worry for her sister.

Hime was munching on as she walked with her older sister to school. Yes her hair was a bit messy, but she had tried to fix the crazy hair before she left and it looked like it had grown a mind of its own so she opted to keep it as it was. Hime could feel her heartbeat speed up as the thoughts of performing swept through her mind. The girl knew that it would only be her clubmates that would see her perform, but that...that....annoying boy would be there and he was just so....handsome that...before she could finish her thought, a slight crimson covered her cheeks. Why was she thinking this way about that weird boy?

Hime had never liked boys much, she always seemed to stay close to her older sister and on occasion close to other girls. As she grew older and began to develop more...romantic feelings about people, Hime seemed to develop those kinds of feelings slower than her other classmates causing her to misunderstand conversations on the topic. To her this as the first time she had those feelings for anyone and of all people it was a boy! The girl sat down next to her sister, deep in thought about her feelings, in the auditorium waiting for the others to arrive so they could get this over with.

Charlotte has woken up early that morning as usual, getting some study out of the way to be ahead in her classes before eating the usual prepared breakfast by the family chef, some strange fish dish that although she wasn't again would've much preferred a bowl of cereal or toast. Grabbing her shoulder bag with her books she slung it over her shoulder, adjusting her male school uniform one last time and checking her somewhat masculine ponytail hair style before getting into the car with the driver, apparently it was far too risky for an heir(ss) like herself to go to school on the bus or such of the like despite her begging, then again it would be a rather long trip, conflicted on her thoughts as he drove she stared out the window with a distant gaze, wondering if that timid girl from last week would actually show up the improvisation today, as much as she seemed friendly she wasn't exactly one that struck her as the show type, a small and awkward giggle escaping the girls mouth a the thought.

Getting out of the car she gave a polite wave before beginning to walk through the school to her first class, afterwards with a raised eyebrow, she began reading the email she'd been sent, annoyingly her phone number was somewhat of a privilege she wasn't allowed to give out, apparently it was some sort of danger in her fathers superstitious bodyguards words, bag still held over her shoulder she eventually found her way to the auditorium, stepping inside she looked around before giving a wide and admittedly charming smile at the two girls she saw there already, pleased to see the girl from last week- Hime she thought she'd been called had indeed showed up, coming over she took a seat with a gentle chuckle, "It's great to see you both again, isn't it a nice afternoon? I'm so sorry about the incident with the phone last week, I really had just intended to hand it back to yourself~" she replied, blushing a little at the thought as she rubbed the back of her head a few times.

Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez Idea Idea

Last edited:
Torinaiwa Senbonohana
Tori Torinaiwa Senbonohana.jpg

• One bad habit I had caught in my time in the acting club, was that when I arrived earlier and began reading, I usually got so immersed that I barely noticed anyone else coming in, and instead simply gave them a no and a hi, good morning or good afternoon depeding on when the meeting was. I also had a second habit developed in the acting club of forgetting I had that first bad habit.

Hence, as my own sister arrived, I simply nodded and kept flipping through the pages, barely even noticing how she went and took a seat beside. I only noticed something felt odd when that feminine boy went and took the last seat at the table, leading me to look to both sides before putting the book down on the table and standing up from my own chair to look at the two of them.

"What do you two think you're doing? Did you not notice there are three seats at the table only? They are for our club president, our club supervisor (if they decide to show up at all), and for myself, since we're gonna be reviewing your performances today! Your seats are over there." I pointed towards all the seats belonging to the auditorium itself, sighing. Well, might as well get started.

Auditorium-Seating.jpg

"Or maybe the reason you came all the way to this table instead of taking one of those is because you are really eager to get started. Very well, I'll comply to that request. Hime, you're going first. And hum..." I picked up the sheets we had and flipped through them to find the other person. "Huh, there seems to be an error of some kind. Well, Charles, go and get a seat. In the appropriate place this time, you're up next. Now, Hime, get on stage. You probably want to perform in front of less people anyway, right?"

I returned to my seat at the table and breathed in. Fortunately, I had already run this moment through my head a million times over this week, what I would assign for Hime to do. It was an absurb, but very simple scenario.

"Very well, Hime, the role you're gonna be improvising is that of a girl who is hiding that she has a secret job as a maid from her parents. If you need extra directions I have some notes on other details to add if you need them. So just let me know and I'll read them to you."

interacting with: Cosmos Cosmos Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez
    Mentions: Archdemon Archdemon
    Other Tags: Critical.Over Critical.Over Maki Maki BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising Chione Chione

Legend:
<>- thinking
Normal text- Just narration
""- talking (usually)​

Kenjo Hirotsu - 3rd year
Kenjo had gotten off work a little bit later than usual but once he had gotten home sleep was not on his mind. He wanted to have something decent to present to those in the theater club. He had spent most of his night making an expandable background scene, it was a simple day setting and could then be flipped to a simple night scene. He hoped that they would enjoy it and it would also cut times on scene changes even by just a little bit. He had actually been working on it for a while and had been able to finish it last night. He had folded it up nice and neat placing it in a box and sitting off to the side to take with him that morning. He decided to walk to school instead of riding a bus, he was worried that something would happen to the prop he had made. School seemed to go by rather quickly while, his prop set in the auditorium in the back.

Walking in he grabbed the box and walked up taking a seat off to the side. "Here Senbonohana..." He said placing the box on his lap, he wasn't sure if he was going to have to act or not. But acting wasn't much of his thing if he were to be completely honest. Memorizing the lines wasn't his problem, he just wasn't all that comfortable with preforming in front of others. It left him feeling like they were judging every move he made, not that he needed to worry about it. He had signed up as the props guy and that didn't mean he had to act....right? He glanced over seeing Hime and Charles sitting next to Tori, who promptly told them to move. Something about bthe spots being for the important people of the club. His mind went back to how he met Charles and once again jealousy stirred up in him, 'Hime isn't yours...she probably doesn't even like you like that...' his mind whispered. He let out a small sigh, his brain was probably right after all the only time she was ever super close was when they were at work and Yuno took over. Kenjo was losing himself in his thoughts now, 'Yuno is part of Hime, but they were so different. Hime is pretty but her shy personalty isn't what I find attractive...it's Yuno. But that would mean I have fallen for a personality not a person, is that even possible?' he leaned forward resting his chin on the box, "I don't think it's possible to just fall for a personality....wouldn't make much sense...." he said with a frown and aloud unknowingly.​

Last edited:
Himeno stiffened and froze in place as the words left her sister's mouth "Very well, Hime, the role you're gonna be improvising is that of a girl who is hiding that she has a secret job as a maid from her parents." Did she know about Hime's closely guarded secret? No...There was no way that her dear dear sister would be able to discern that Hime worked secretly after school on and weekends as a maid at a cafe in town. Would she? Hime shook her head and shivered to relax her body before looking at her sister and plastering an obviously fake nervous smile on her face and standing up abnormally quickly.

"Ahem," She clears her throat as she stands up on stage looking out at her sister, Charles, and Kenjo. A few beads of sweat formed on her forehead as she stood silently up on the stage. "M-My p-performance as a...as a girl who secretly has a job as a maid," She closes her eyes and takes a deep, steady breath to get her nerves under control.

Hime stepped out of the breakroom in the back of the cafe she worked at. Her gaze swept over the gathering crowd of customers that were beginning to arrive after they either got out of school or off work for the day. She walked towards her section of assigned tables and greeted her first customer with a pleasant and sincere smile. The man smiled back. "Good afternoon master what can I serve you today?" She asks warmly. "A...A tea please," The man responds nervously. "Of course Master. There is no need to be nervous Master it's only me," She winks at him and puts a finger against her lips to be cute. She slowly walked away towards the kitchen to relay the order to the kitchen staff.

"Kenjo, table 5 would like a cup of tea please," she smiles at the boy that was in the acting club with her. The boy nodded back before beginning to get the tea made for the man. Hime meanwhile left to gather the orders for the rest of the tables. All of them except for the last one needed some time to look over the menu. The man at the last table glanced around the room at the other patrons and workers as Hime approached him. He ordered the steak meal and a cup of tea. As Hime turned to leave, his hand shot out and groped her butt. Hime shrieked in surprise and fell to her knees, drawing the attention of everyone around them. Hime began to shake from the adrenaline rushing through her body, her cheeks flushed as she was innocent and naive of romantic or sexual desires, and tears formed in her eyes. Kenjo rushed out from the kitchen and saw the scene in front of him, the man smirking happily at what he had done and hime on the ground about to burst out crying. Kenjo takes a few quick steps to the customer before grabbing by the collar on his shirt and tossing him out of the building.

Hime opened her eyes. "I...I can't let my parents know I have a job...if they ever found out..." She looks away from the crowd nervously with a glint of worry in her eyes. "...They would not understand my reasons..." She does a small twirl to simulate changing into a maid uniform. "G-Good evening master," She bends over slightly and smiles warmly at the imaginary customer in front of her. Her eyes slowly drift towards Charles and a bright crimson blush crosses her cheeks, This throws her train of thought off and she just couldn't seem to get her words out of her throat. "I...Um...uh..." she stands up straight and looks at her sister. "Is...that...sufficient...?" She pleaded with her eyes for Tori to say that was enough.

Torinaiwa Senbonohana

• I watched proudly as my baby sis shot up from her seat and tried confronting her fears as she approached the stage. She was bravely trying to move foward to perform in front of two people, that feminine boy and the other guy who had just arrived with a box. I hadn't really looked into the box yet, it was just resting there backstage, though I couldn't deny I wanted to know what was inside it. It looked a little too big to be a bento box, a little too small to carry anything he could use here on stage. Then again, it could be some kind of guy, he did register as the prop guy or something like that, but why would he bring a prop if he didn't even know what his role was gonna be? The improvisation session was something our club needed to be sure of what we could count on people to do at first. My attention was grabbed by Hime, who began her performance at last.

Hime began by introducing the role she was about to do, perhaps a way for her to integrate herself into character? That was a pretty advanced technique for someone acting for the first time in their lives. I smiled and noted it down. Hime seemed to freeze for a bit, but then she used her worried expression to share in a very direct manner how she "couldn't let her parents know" and they "wouldn't understand", ending with a shift into the maid phase by twirling and welcoming her master. I had to cover the huge smirk on my face with my hand as soon as I saw her twirl, memories of our childhood flooding my mind, catching her doing that to a tv recording of one of mine and our big sis's performance. It was so beautiful... but then Hime frooze again, this time worse. She looked at me with these, well, just irresistable puppy eyes. I pratically didn't get anything from that short and incomplete a performance, but those eyes! No, I had to be responsible, I couldn't just let that be the end of- BUT THOSE EYES!

AAAAAH!

"Hum...yeah, ok. That's enough of that role then, I think I've seen enough of it to get a gist of it. Now, based on what I saw, your next performance..." Crap. Without having actually useful info, it was a bit too hard to actually come up with an appropriate role for her to try next. Was there anything?.... Oh, right! That one might just do the trick. "Hime, in your next performance, you're a kitty who just gave birth to a litter of kittens a week ago. The kittens are playing around you."

interacting with: Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez
    Mentions: Cosmos Cosmos BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising
    Other Tags: Critical.Over Critical.Over Maki Maki Archdemon Archdemon

Legend:
<>- thinking
""- talking (usually)[/CENTER]

Hime gulped before staring worriedly at her older sister "P-Please T-Tori! haven't you embarrassed me enough?" She says and glances at Charles and Kenjo. She knew the answer her sister would give before she even said it. Something about needing to break out of her bubble or needing the information to be able to assign her roles in the future. Hime wasn't going to escape her assignment so easily this time.

The girl lets out a loud audible sigh before laying on her side on the stage as a pet would if they wanted to sleep or feed their young. She closes her eyes to hide her tears of embarrassment and lets out a loud "MEOOOOOOOOOW!" A light crimson crosses her cheek as the realization of her actions crossed her mind. Her slender arms glided through the air like a butter knife through soft, warm butter before laying softly on the side of her head as if to protect her face from a kitten crawling on her face. "Miaow," she yowls and closes her eyes again. "T-Tori....pleeeeasssee.....Is that enough?" She calls from the stage floor.

Mentions: Cosmos Cosmos BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising Idea Idea

Charlotte had embarrassedly scooted off the table at Tori's words with an apologetic nod before taking a seat in the crowd, noting her place as second before watching as Hime got up on, boy was that girl so cute- !? Charlotte's face flustered a light pink shade as a hand races to cover her mouth in embarrassment, why was she thinking things like that? They had plenty of real maids back home and a handful of kittens she'd rescues s-so why was she? She was so caught up in her own thoughts she barely watched the rest of the performance, instead sitting nervously in her chair.

Kenjo Hirotsu - 3rd year
Kenjo was snapped from his thought as Hime did a twirl, a bit of worry filled him. Though he didn't have to worry because she kept her balance even though she was embarrassed and nervous. He watched her as she acted out serving someone, but he could tell that it was Hime, not Yuno. He wondered if she only switched into the persona at work or if there was something else that made her change. He frowned as she asked if she was done and Tori made her preform yet another role. This being an even more embarrassing role than the one before. He wanted to speak up asking how much more Hime would have to preform but decided it would be unwise.

He sighed slightly trying to think of something that would boost her confidence, only one thing came to mind but it could make things worse. "You're doing great Hime..." He said not knowing if it would boost her confidence or make her want to shirvel up in a corner. But he was hoping it wasn't the latter, the last thing he wanted to do was make things worse. He wondered if this meant he would have to do some sort of performance as well. He had no experience with acting...unless he counted the fake smiles he gave people. He shook his head, trying to rid himself of darker thoughts he was here finally. He was finally able to make this stage to its full potential and make the stars of it shine as brightly as they could. A soft smile played across his lips at that simple thought.
Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez

Torinaiwa Senbonohana

• I looked away, unable to face my baby sis. I needed to do this, but I couldn't bear simply listening to her pleas and not doing anything to help. I shook my head, then replied after a moment's hesitation.

"No, Hime. If you won't act, how can you participate in the acting club? Listen, and this isn't just for you to know, but for everyone here, even those who do not usually act for our plays will have to act now and then, because we may get understaffed, need a quick replacement, or simply because there is no one better for the role. So we need to know how you deal with acting on short notice. Now, go on, be a kitten."

Hime's acting went...about as well as expected. Better even. But I couldn't get it off my head how the girl had tears all over her eyes, this wasn't anywhere near enough to rate what she could do, but just looking at her face... I couldn't stand to make her suffer more. Then as if God heard my prayer, someone went and spoke, interrupting the presentation. While I was certainly nervous already, this was an excellent opportunity.

"I see mr hum... " I flipped through the papers to find the person. "Kenjo Hirotsu, wants to give some encouragement. Hime, you can go take a seat. Kenjo Hirotsu, will you please come on stage? It's your turn to act."

When he arrived on stage, I looked through my notes again to assign his role.

"Ok, first, you're gonna be showing us a samurai, honor bound to his lord's house, who just got kicked out of it for reasons beyond his control. Got it? Aaaaaand...go!"

interacting with: Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising
    Mentions:
    Other Tags: Critical.Over Critical.Over Maki Maki Archdemon Archdemon Cosmos Cosmos

Legend:
<>- thinking

Kenjo Hirotsu - 3rd year
Kenjo bit his lip as he was soon summoned in Hime's place. So he'd have to act after all...great. He stood setting his box down, he glanced at it before heading for the stage. Maybe he should have just stayed silent, then he wouldn't be in this mess. His heart beat quickened in his chest as he clenched his fist. A samurai honor bound to his lord, but banished for something he had no control over. Pain clenched his chest as it seemed to hit more close to home than Tori may ever know. His thoughts became clouded with his father, being unable to leave the drunken ruin of a man. His mother's image coming to mind and thoughts that she would be disappointed if he did leave his father. He was now glaring out at those who were in the auditorium, not intentionally though.

He had to shake this feeling off, this was an act not real life. Though perhaps he could use these emotions what would a samurai feel if this were to happen. Pain, anger, regret, hope, yes those emotions would do well. He closed his eyes and kneeled down on one knee clearing his throat a bit, "S-sir....please reconsider. I am your most loyal samurai. I would lay down my life for you, you must know this." He paused biting his lip once again, he felt like a complete idiot right now. Perhaps they'd take his silence as him listening to something that would be said by his 'lord'. Soon he stood sharply, "Fine I'll leave!!! Never ask for me again Lord." This wasn't to bad right, he thought to himself. He began to stomp off stiffly towards the back of the stage only to trip over his own feet and face plant. He groaned staying still and not bothering to get up, right now he felt the floor was his friend. This was why he didn't plan to act, maybe he was okay with the voice part but actual movements...

Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez Idea Idea Cosmos Cosmos

Hime stared in horror at the voice calling out to her. She had pushed the image of an audience to the back of her mind for her performance. Hime felt a crimson blush cross her cheeks as her eyes dart towards the source of the sound and it was....Kenjo. The boy had seen her as Yuno plenty of times and even seen her sing at her job a few times as well. The girl shakily stood as her sister finally assigned the boy to do the next performance. She slowly found her breath and sat on the edge of the stage before sliding off and onto the floor of the seating area. Hime found a seat towards the middle behind Tori to hopefully hide herself from the others. As the boy began to perform, Hime found a tiny smile cross her lips. He was so adorable trying to act....he seemed a lot worse than Hime had been thankfully. As he stood and began to walk though, Hime couldn't stifle a loud laugh that seemed to instinctively rise from her insides somewhere. "S-Sorry..." she murmurs quietly to no one in particular.

Torinaiwa Senbonohana

• Much to my surprise, he wasn't actually half-bad. This Kenjo Hirotsu was definitely someone worth having in the club, after all, I had just witnessed him trying to encourage other members (even if I had to punish him for disturbing the session), and now he was showing some genuinely good acting. He was showing most of the right emotions, and even if he required some polish, even the best might fail at improvising. Theater had huge chunks of time to prepare precisely because of that. But this guy was moving around, enounciating, he even...oh no, he fell flat on his face. I immediately shot up from my seat. Many might be wonder whether it wasn't, in fact, some part of the act that he fell. But having been in this club for years, I had at least enough awareness of the differences between someone who is simply acting very well, and those who are genuinely in an accident. And this, this was most definitely an accident.

"Are you alright, Kenjo? Are you hurt at all? Let me see your face...." I inquired as I walked around the table, then towards him, then finally kneeing next to him and reaching my hands to grab his face so I could give it a good look. "Nothing seems to be hurt badly, it probably hurts but it's just the shock. You'll be fine. Can you keep going, or would you rather have a short rest before we go on?"

While there was concern in my voice, it was getting a little mixed with the anger that swelling up from hearing my baby sister laugh at a poor guy who just fell flat on his face in a stage.

"Hime... I AM still wonderign what more I could learn seeing you act...about your skills here.... I shall take future interruptions as a request to showcase your acting some more." I threatened.

interacting with: Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising
    Mentions:
    Other Tags: Archdemon Archdemon Cosmos Cosmos

Legend:
<>- thinking

Kenjo Hirotsu - 3rd year
Kenjo had finally sat up by the time Tori made her way over seeming rather concerned. He blushed slightly as she kneeled next to him closely examining his face, "I...I'm fine if anything just... rather embarrassed." He said gentky taking Tori's hand from his face and rubbing the back of his neck nervously, "I'm not really good at this kind of stuff I'd rather make the stars of the stage, like you, shine as brilliantly as you can." He wasn't trying to flirt or anything like that, he was just being truthful.

"I..uh actually brought a prop that I made. It's just a simple one though I didn't know I'd be acting." He glanced over to where Hime was laughing and smiled slightly before turning back to Tori, "Also it's fine I imagine anyone would laugh if someone faceplanted. You know how she gets when she's nervous. Laughing is about all she can do, I'd rather see her laugh than cry any day you know."

As much as he might enjoy watching Hime try and act like whatever cute thing Tori had planned next, he wouldn't do that to her. "I suppose you would want me to act a second piece out now? I'm up for it but I can't promise it'll be any good." He said with a small chuckle before a thought occurred to him. "Oh I could show you the prop instead, I mean I know it's not act but... I'd rather not end up actually hurting myself should I trip or fall again. I've always been kind of stiff when it came to the action parts of acting. I know that sounds rather silly to say, but the voice parts were always my main specialty. When I was little I had to narrate my sixth grade play. As I got older I decided that props was what I wanted to do...er I'm sorry I just started...well rambling." He hoped she might like the second idea better. If not he had no clue as to how or what he would end up acting out next.

Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez Idea Idea

Hime gulped and shook her head as Tori glared at her and threatened her with more acting. The terror washed through her at the words. "T-Tori...s-sis...p-please...no..." She pulled her knees up close to her chest and shook her head as if trying to hide from a scary monster hiding in her closet. The sight might remind someone of a time long ago, before their parents left them and a much younger Hime would hide in her own closet trying to not be found. She didn't understand why she felt her father and mother didn't seem to care about them much at all. She felt abandoned. All alone.

The girl blinks to find a few stray tears had formed in her eyes. She uses the sleeve of her jacket to wipe them away before blinking up at her sister on stage, remembering when she saw her sisters perform at one of their concerts...before they broke up of course. How would her sisters react to finding out that shy, nervous Hime had a beautiful singing voice? She could never perform like they did though...she was just too drawn to other things like her job or video games....she hadn't truly been able to play games much recently with how much she had been working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back