• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Ancient Earth

Vanessaaah

The year is 2005, you're a war reporter/photographer in Iraq reporting on the conflicts. (note: knowledge of the actual conflicts that occurred is not important, however if you know something you're more than welcome to share it or involve it how you want)

All reporters live in one communal house on the army base, and continue out their day to day activities. The war is the same as the others, and nothing seems very different until one of the reporters stumbles upon something that may be a bit bigger than anything anyone ever thought.

Ancient technologies, evidence of an ancient society with more advanced technology than today.
So what happens when she returns to the house ranting and raving about what they saw (pictures included) will you join her in digging deeper and trying to bring light to the perhaps true reason why American troops are on Iraqi soil, or will you stay out of it and just report on the war you're here to report on.

Hey guys!
So here's an idea I have, I tried to leave it open as much as I could so that you have some freedom to do with that you can have some free range with what you want to do. Like if you're into it you can have supernatural monsters and stuff appear (and then in turn have characters created who are supernatural capabilities come out of hiding or created later or whatever).
I really just wanted to create a shell and let people take it where they wanted.
So, let me know if you're interested!

Huh, I'm kind of interested. Although I do have some questions, I read through the "story" a bit and I'm slightly confused? Is there more to it or do you have general ideas you have for this roleplay? Like the thing the reporter found, is it like ruins of an older world that was supposedly out there before humans? Or is this some kind of race that came and left ages ago? Any particular races we can go with?

Just wanted to clear up a few things before I decide to make a character.

Nothingness Nothingness there is nothing as fine detailed as that. I sort of wanted to keep it as open as possible and see where people would take it because I'm a big fan of peoples creativity and personal knowledge. So I thought that if I left a sort of skeletal structure it would bloom into something beautiful based off of what other people put into it.

So to make it super clear, no. There isn't anything like that solid in place, but the opportunity for you to add something like that is there if you wish. I'm giving you a basket, fill it with what you want sort of deal.

I like it!
However, if you want you may want to create a smaller secondary character who works in the field house (you can either kill them or send them home once we get the ball rolling) so that you can have something to occupy yourself with for the first little bit then you main character can really come into to play when the reporter (ie. my character) falls into the underground city. Because that might flow better.

Also, to be clear I'm not saying your character cannot interact with the rest of them before the discovery, I'm just stating for the flow of the RP it might work together, but I'm not opposed to a "hey you're that guy from the market" kind of thing.

Just a thought!
You don't have to though, I'll love it regardless to be honest.

Hmm, okais. I don't mind making another character for that reason. Though before I do so, i'll probably give a little bit of time to see...uhh...is anyone else joining?

Well the three above did express interest.
So it's now a waiting game to see if they make a character or not I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back