• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored for Love

Chuckling at his fiancée’s comments, Jayden held her hand as he nodded. “Yes, I can afford a house with a pool. I say we need it for days like this with the heat.” He said with a wink, helping Bel get situated in the back of the car before he got in and held Amelia’s hand with his free one, brining it to his lips for a gentle kiss. “We have time to kill before our first appointment. Do you want to go see the Covington’s?” He asked her softly, reversing out of the parking spot before he began the drive to the Covingtons house. Smiling softly at Amelia, Jayden kept his eyes on the rode considering the traffic in Dallas was horrible. Not as bad as Chicago but still pretty bad. Making it to the end of their destination, Jayden chuckled softly at his daughter who recognized the house the car was now at. “Aunt Bel and Wuncle Dawson!” She said full of excitement, running to the front door quickly after Jayden helped her out of her seat. When the doorbell rang, Isabel smiled as she kissed her fiancée gently. “They’re here.” She whispered softly, opening the door and gasping when she saw her niece. Taking her into her arms quickly, Isabel spun them around while giving her multiple kisses on her cheeks. “Hi there, love bug.”

“We came to drop off a child. We’d hoped you’d want to keep her,” Amelia replied playfully walking up the driveway with their things, hugging Dawson when he came to say hello. Soon after, Piper trotted our the front door to say her hellos as well, barking excitedly and wagging her tail, licking Bel when Isabel put her down to say hello. When Amelia finally got to take her best friend into a hug she embraced her tightly, as if to day she was excited about being so close after being apart for so many years. The thought almost brought Amelia to tears but she pushed them away. “I missed you,” Amelia whispered into her best friend’s shoulder before they finally pulled away.

Hugging Amelia tight, Isabel herself was beyond excited for Amelia to finally be so close to her. It was a day they both had been wanting for as long as she could remember and the day was finally drawing near. "I missed you too. So much." She whispered back before pulling away, sighing contently as she watched Bel and Piper play in the front yard. "You already know I don't mind watching Bel. When is y'all's first look?" She asked curiously as they all stood outside, but Isabel couldn't help and notice how sweaty the only Northerner was. "Do you want to go inside, Acciaolli? Seems like you're dying outside in this heat." She said with a laugh, telling Bel and Piper to play in the back while the adults sat inside.

“He’s actually sweating so much because he knows if he goes through with this, he’s stuck with all of us forever and he doesn’t know how to handle that many southerners.” Laughing, Amelia took Jayden’s hand and followed the Texans inside where she noticed all the new pictures of them on the wall from their engament photo shoot and smiled. “They’re so cute, I love them!” Amelia exclaimed pointing to them with a giddy grin. “Dawson looks dashing in his uniform. I miss yours,” Amelia commented leaning into Jayden when she said it, but gripped his hand in reassurance that it was truly alright. “What time do we have to leave? Can Isabel come with us?” Amelia asked Jayden asked eying her best friend knowingly. She knew Isabel wanted to come with to help Amelia decide because she was so indecisive and Isabel knew what would work best, considering she already lived here. “Dawson will be fine with Bel, he loves her. Right Dawson? Though you can’t bribe her too much.”

Dawson smiled as he looked at his niece and nodded. "I'll watch her. I know how to make enchiladas, thanks to my lovely fiancée teaching me so she can help me make us lunch while y'all are out and about." He said gently, smiling when Isabel squealed. She had really hopped the men agreed to let her go. When they did, Isabel and Amelia were quick to head to the car when the time came and upon arriving at the first house, the Texan got out of the car with the happy couple and walked in behind them. "I really love the setting of this house." She said gently, looking around with the couple. It was a beautiful house with four rooms. Isabel knew it was because the couple planned to expand their family and it was a happy thought for them. "What do y'all think?" She asked the couple curiously, standing with them in the master's bedroom.

“I like it, it’s a start,” Amelia replied pleasantly looking around the room. It was a defining moment for both her and Jayden. Amelia grew up in only small houses, and Jayden growing up in foster homes that were probably less than lavish. In Amelia eyes this home was huge and she would be content with living here, but she could tell by the look on Jayden’s face he found it not to be satisfactory for the family he planned to have. He had more of the eye, he picked their current home after all. It didn’t take much to make Amelia happy though she did have some tastes, she wasn’t particularly picky. “Jayden said he wants a pool because it’s too hot,” Amelia said in a laugh, grabbing his hand, smiling when he kissed her head. Hearing him talk with the realtor, Amelia rolled Em her eyes playfully towards Bel. Jayden was very particular but Amelia trusted him.

Isabel laughed softly at what her best friend regarding Jayden wanting a pool. “A pool is always nice.” She said with a smile, watching Jayden walk off to go talk with the realtor. Isabel could tell he was very particular in which house he wanted to settle on for his family. It was a comforting thought for the photojournalist to know. She knew they both never grew up in a house like the ones they would see today and Jayden wanted nothing but the best for both him and Amelia along with their children. Walking out of the house with the couple, they were in the car once more, off to the second house up for grabs. Isabel enjoyed the time with them but when they made it to the third house, she knew it piqued both Jayden’s and Amelia’s interest. It was a really nice modern house with enough rooms for their children and a home office. The backyard was the perfect size for the family and even though there was no pool, Jayden didn’t mind. The patio had an outside bar and gril station that he was intrigued by. “This house is really nice.” Isabel said to her best friend gently, admiring the many windows it had. She could envision the Acciolli family here and she knew Jayden could too. “Do you like it, Melia?” He asked her softly, standing in the living room with a bright smile as he kissed her head.

“It’s nice I can tell you like it. The windows are a plus,” Amelia noted, seeing the pride and pleasure in Jayden’s eyes was enough for her. “Out of all of them, this one is the most promising so I think we should make the offer.” Looking around, Amelia pictured everything she could do to the house, Giggling when Jayden agreed. “Awesome, how far do you think Dawson got on those enchiladas, and how badly do you think our daughter messed them up?” Amelia asked while they continued to admire the house that would be their home, hopefully for a long while.

“I don’t think she messed it up. She’s an angel in the kitchen.” He said with a laugh, letting Amelia wrap her arms through his as they went to the realtor and made a bid on the house, hoping all went well and the house would be theirs. Walking back over to Isabel, Jayden smiled before kissing Amelia’s head. “I think we’re all set to go back now. Let’s see how far the chefs made it on those enchiladas.” He said with a laugh as Isabel joined in. “I agree. I have faith my fiancé made it far enough.” She said softly, following the couple into the car, getting in and telling them how excited she was for the couple to get the house.

"Wncle Dawson, when can we see the horseys?" Bel asked excitedly when they sat down to lunch right when her parents and aunt walked into the home. Like her mother, not to anyone's surprise, Bel loved horses and always gravitated towards playing with horse toys over anything else. Though she was only two, Bel spent most of her time in Texas on the Covington farm and was just as comfortable around horses as if she was part of the Covington line. "I want to see Cily! (Sicily)."

Dawson laughed softly at his niece before he nodded and kissed her forehead. “Maybe we can go tomorrow. I’m sure your aunt would like to join.” He said brightly, taking the little girl off the counter he told her to finish setting the table, smiling as he watched her place the silverware next to the plates as best as she could. Watching her, Dawson slowly began to become sad. He wanted one of his own. A little boy that would cling to his fiancée and never leave her side but with the wedding plans and more work in store, he didn’t think it was the right time. Watching his fiancée and their closest friends arrive back to the house, they all sat together eating lunch happily and afterwards, Isabel went outside with her niece and ran around with her. Tackling her softly to the ground, Isabel giggled when her nieces giggles erupted. She was a beautiful little girl that Isabel would always love.

Seeing the joy her daughter brought to Dawson and Isabel overwhelmed Amelia with her own happiness. She was grateful her daughter had so many different people to love her, even if some chose not to be in her life, she faces no loss. All the love she had made up for anything she was missing. Sipping her tea, she watched her best friend chase her niece around before Dawson snuck around with the hose, spraying both of them unmercifully. It wasn’t long before the girls starters chasing after him and he was soaked too. This was typical here and Amelia loved it. As she stood on the sidelines of the water wars, Amelia was not surprised when her best friend ran towards her and tried to take her into a wet hug. “No!” She exclaimed but couldn’t get awake quick enough, the cold water meeting her skin instantly, making her shiver slightly. “Y’all are terrible.” Amelia commented but didn’t pull away from the hug. This was what soon going to be a part of Amelia’s everyday life, and she didn’t want to have it any other way.

Laughing softly as Isabel kept Amelia in a hug, Isabel smiled when her niece went to do the exact same with her father, hugging his leg. “No, love bug! Don’t do it!” He said, laughing when her giggles filled the air again. Bending down he grabbed her, holding her close before grinning at her screams. Jayden already knew this was what living here would be like and he loved it. He loved how accesssible Bel’s aunt and uncle was and he loved how they adored her. His family was loved and safe here and as a husband and father, that’s all he ever wanted. Kissing Amelia gently, he let Isabel take Amelia and her niece to the guest bathroom, letting them shower so they didn’t get sick. Isabel went to her bathroom and did the same. Now feeling refreshed, Isabel walked out of the room and had her hair in a braid, kissing Dawson lovingly when she noticed all the Acciolli’s were in the guest room. Holding his hands, the journalist smiled as she looked up at the man. “I love you.” She whispered softly. “You’re so great with Bel. It warms my heart.”

"She's a good girl," Dawson replied contently, hugging his fiancee' gently. "One day we'll have one just as good as her, but perhaps a little bit more wild." Winking Dawson kissed Isabel's cheek.

In the weeks following, the deal on Acciolli home was successful and without any hesitation, Jayden moved his family from Chicago to Irving without any hesitation. When he and Amelia moved to Chicago, they were just learning about each other, trying to form a deep relationship for the sake of their newborn daughter and now, with Bel turning three in a few short weeks, both Jayden and Amelia were able to reflect on their relationship and see just how far they had come. Their daughter was being raised beautifully between them and even though she was young. she never had to wonder if her parents loved one another, in her eyes they were her favorite people and they loved her very much. Hearing that they were moving near Aunt Bel and Uncle Dawson only made her more ecstatic, as she realized she could see them and the horseys whenever she wanted and it wouldn't take a plane to get there.

With the business still being under construction, Amelia just transferred herself to the nearest hospital to continue her PR work while Jayden himself was working to build up his own company, It was a time of growth for them, but now that Amelia was also able to keep a closer tab on her best friend than she had before when focusing on her own life. Since the move, Amelia helped kickstart the wedding planning, wanting the two to get married already so that they would build the family everyone was so eager for them to have, Amelia especially.

After a brief meeting to discuss the progress of the office building, Amelia agreed to go with Bel to make a decision on flower arrangements and center pieces since Dawson made his unintrest clear. Once they finished, Amelia and Isabel departed from one another, Isabel going to have lunch with Dawson before he left for another round of shows, and Amelia to pick up her daughter from camp. It was only summer camp but it was a start. "How was your day, hun?" Amelia asked sweetly while they sat at a table for lunch, waiting for Jayden to meet them here. Amelia hadn't seen him since this morning and she was curious to know how his day was going. "What did you learn today? Did you have fun?"

Last edited:
When Isabel arrived to the restaurant her and Dawson were meeting for lunch, she smiled as she watched him walk in wearing his pilot uniform. He always looked dashing in them. "Don't you look dashing, Six." She said with a gentle laugh, leaning over the table to kiss his gently before she pulled away and sat back down. "How was work? Are y'all all set for the next couple of shows?" She asked him curiously, happy for him that he was able to go back to what he did best. She never wanted him to leave again and she prayed he never did. He belonged with the other five pilots bringing happiness to many people who went to watch their shows. When their waitress came to the couple, Isabel did the usual and ordered a glass of merlot. She needed it at the moment after the meeting she had regarding the company and the flower picking.

"It was fun, mommy!" Bel exclaimed excitedly as she reached for her crayon and began to color the picture she was given along with her menu. "I learned about animals!" She added with a bright expression which only seemed to brighten when she saw her father arrive. "Daddy!" She said happily, reaching out for a hug and the business man happily accepted it, kissing her head gently before he slipped into the booth and sat across from the two most important people of his life. "Did you have fun today, Bel?" He asked her curiously as the little girl nodded. "Yeah!" Chuckling softly at his daughter, Jayden leaned over the table to kiss Amelia gently. "How was your day with Isabel? Is the flower situation all figured out?"

"Thank you, amor," Dawson replied politely, kissing her gently before they took their seats, shrugging casually at her question while he ordered a plain water. Dawson had to back to work after this. "I hope so, we don't have much choice," Chucking he looked over towards her. "How's your day? Anything exciting going on? Oh! You had that meeting today, How'd that go? Are things where they're supposed to be?" When his water was brought to him he thanked the waitress in his southern accent, smiling when she thanked him for his service. "It's my pleasure," he insisted before she walked away to bring Isabel her wine. While the couple continued to converse, Dawson twirled his straw wrapper in between his fingers.

Watching Jayden walk in, Amelia smiled, laughing at her daughter's excitement nodding in agreement at her reply. "She said they learned about animals today." Sipping her tea, Amelia shook her head at Jayden. "Oh, it's arranged. I just never want to have to sit through that again so we won't be having any." Amelia repled playfully. Reaching into her purse she pulled out the new contractor agreement and handed it to Jayden. "Can you sign this pleaseeeee?" Amelia asked in a giggle. Her and Isabel decided to extend the floorplan on the office floor so the change had to be approved through Jayden before the work could proceed.

Sighing softly, Isabel nodded at her fiancé's question. "The meeting went well. It was exhausting but it was good. We extended the floorplan despite the company mixing up the layout slightly and you know how much a slight change in layout will irk me. I may have gotten worked up over such a little fix. Other than that, everything is going swell and successful. The office should be done within a few more months but that just means hiring will start soon." She said with a laugh, smiling gently at her. "I'm stressing way too soon. The flower arrangements are also cute and you'll love them!" She said with a giggle.

Jayden looked at his fiancée curiously, looking at the new contract that she handed him. Looking over the words, he couldn't help but chuckle. He knew very well the dynamic duo would make adjustments where they see fit. "Well, the two of you are extending the floorplan quite a bit, huh?" He asked her with a grin, laughing at her begging again. "I'm kidding, my love. Of course I'll sign this. This is yours and Bel's company." Sighing where he needed to, he handed the contract back to Amelia. "How was the meeting? Productive I'm assuming."

Eyeing Isabel when she explained her "minor meltdown" Dawson couldn't help but laugh. "Bless Jayden's heart for putting up with y'all. I wouldn't be surprised if he had to find another contracting company to finish this project before it's over since the two of you are so tedious and unwilling to sacrifice anything, but I don't blame ya, you both worked harder than either of us to get where you are in life. Jayden and I just fell into things and ran with it. You and Amelia both seem to be meticulous planners before you do anything. I admire that. Just be nice about it." Nodding at her exclamation of the flowers. "I'm sure I will. How long did it take for Amelia to get impatient with your stubbornness?"

When Jayden looked up at Amelia with a knowing expression, she bit her lip, nervous he wouldn't agree to the changes her and Isabel decided to make. "Please?" she asked again, rolling her eyes when he gave up his front. "Thank you," she replied cheerfully, taking the papers back and putting them away before she sighed. "If by productive you mean, Isabel and I taking charge over who you hired, then yes, it was productive. There was a mix up at first which sent us both into a heated panic but it was all worked out and now we gave them more work, so I guess it's even." Shrugging she smiled devilishly when Jayden sighed at what she had to say. "What? I tried to be nice about it. Isabel started it."

By now their daughter grew impatient with the grown-up talk and sighed dramatically, setting her crayon on the mat and looked up at her father who made eye contact with her. When he acknowledged her her expression quickly brightened. "Daddy! At school, they brought a dog!" Bel exclaimed excitedly. trying to catch her words as she tried to continue on in bursted excitement. "She wore a vest. She was sooooooo cute!" When Jayden asked what his name was, Bel was quick to disclose that information. "Her name was Star! She catches bad guys."

"Ahhh, a K9." Amelia was quick to speculate. Laughing when Jayden tried to explain that he used to work with dogs like that before Isabel was born but she was skeptical. "Not uhhhh!" she exclaimed unwilling to accept it. "Don't lie daddy! It's not nice."

"He's not lying, baby. Daddy used to be a police officer." Amelia said, quick to try and explain but it was still hard for their daughter to comprehend.

"Daddy dresses too nice for that." It was obvious this little girl was just as stubborn as her mother unwilling to consider her dad was telling the truth since she was only an infant when Jayden left the force and spent everyday of her first two and a half years of life with her.

"It took her quite awhile, actually. Reason being because we mainly agreed for the most part, until it came to the centerpieces." Isabel explained with a laugh, sipping her wine some more before she smiled at the man in front of her. "I wish you didn't have to leave me but I always wish that." Shrugging her shoulders, she was happy to order a Cajun pasta dish when their waitress returned to take their order. Isabel couldn't stop staring at her fiancé. He was such a handsome man and looked so dashing in his uniform. "I love you and I love when you're in uniform. It reminds me of what an amazing man I have."

Jayden merely chuckled softly at what his daughter had to say in regards to him. Little did she now her father was once a police officer. Taking out his phone, he showed her some of the pictures he had with him and his K-9. "See Bel. I used to be a police officer before you were born."

"Then why did you stop?" She asked him curiously, out of nature considering her age.

"I got hurt and couldn't go back anymore. It's okay though. I'm still happy."

“Would you still love me if I didn’t wear the uniform anymore?” Dawson teased before ordering chicken alfredo. She was always fun to tease when it came to his uniform. “I know you’re only with me because I was wearing it when you saw me.” Winking he sipped his water while she tried to defend herself while he just laughed at her, folding his hands together while he listened intently. “Mhm. If you say so, Whiskey.”

This subject was a sentive one for Amelia to hear explained to their daughter. Of course, she still blamed herself for being the reason why Jayden left the force. Sighing, she distracted herself with the chips and salsa that were placed in front of them.

“What do you do now?” Their daughter asked curiously, picking up her crayon again to proceed with her coloring while she conversed with her father. Listening to him to the best of her ability. She wondered where her father went now that he wasn’t home all the time, though she never really questioned what Amelia did.

“Dawson Covington! You know damn well I would still love you without the uniform!” She exclaimed, crossing her right leg over her left under the table before leaning against it with her arms. “I’m hurt you think I wouldn’t, Six.” She told him gently, sipping her wine once again before she sighed gently. “You were a show off when I first saw you. I was intrigued by the many tricks you managed to do apart from the other pilots and if we’re being honest, you walked up to me first. I don’t understand why you did. I ain’t nothing special.” Winking after stating her last statement, she giggled gently at the expression her fiancé gave her. She knew he was very irked by that sentence because he and Amelia were alike. They never liked when Isabel talked down on herself.

Jayden placed his hand on Amelia’s thigh, knowing what exactly she was thinking of. Giving it a squeeze for reassurance, he grabbed her hand and kissed it gently. “I’m building my own company to help children.” He said softly to his daughter, smiling at her trying to understand what all he said the best to her ability. She was such a smart little girl for her age and he knew she got that from her mother. Kissing Amelia’s hand again, he smiled. “Both your mom and I are building a company.” He added, watching the little girl pick her head up in curiosity. “What do you do mommy?” She asked with a tilt of her head.

“I walked up to you because I saw you taking pictures and was intrigued as to why considering there was supposed to be no press that day. I knew something had to be up, so I decided to amuse the both of you with my presence but that kinda backfired. But if you think you aren’t special, you might want to re-examine the ring in your finger,” Dawson said playfully. “When do you leave, again, hun?” The pilot asked curiously. He would be relieved when her travels were less frequent and more in their own country, regardless, Dawson supported his fiancée in her endeavors.

“That’s a good question my love,” Amelia replied with a sigh. Right now she was in between jobs and she didn’t want to confuse her daughter so she just kept her reply simple. “I help people who need a lot of help and I do my best to take care of them, just like I do with you.”

“How do you help them, mommy?”

“I write their stories for them for everybody to see.”

“Like on TV?”

“Sometimes. Aunt Bel takes people’s pictuess and I write the stories to match the photos. Kinda like a book.”

Nodding in understanding, Bel smiles largely. “You and Auntie Bel make a good team!” Turning back to her daddy, Bel grinned at him suspiciously. “Daddy when are you going to bring kids home? I want to play with them! It’s boring playing alone! Blake has a brother and he plays with her. I want one.” She pouted. Now that Bel got to play with other kids her age at camp, she realized she didn’t like not having anyone besides Chloe at home to play with now that both her parents worked.

Sighing softly, Isabel smiled gently at her fiancé when he asked her when she was leaving again. “In a week. I’m going to Korea to cover the high rate of homelessness. I’ll be back in about two weeks.” She explained, knowing that answer wasn’t something he truly wanted to hear, even if he supported her no matter what. “But when I come back, we can finish the wedding plans.” She added, trying to be optimistic about their depart from one another. Holding his hands in hers, the smile never left her face when he played with the ring he bought for her. “I can’t wait to have the Covington name. It’s an exciting thought to know I’ll become part of the most known family within the DFW metroplex.” She said teasingly, giggling softly at the pilots expression.

“I promise you can meet them when my business starts up, love bug.” He said gently, smiling at the innocent little girl. He knew she was growing lonesome, being an only child at her age wasn’t something most enjoyed. Looking up at his fiancée, Jayden winked, knowing Amelia would understand why. “You want a little brother, huh? Why a brother and not a sister?” He asked her curiously, enjoying the conversation they were having, content when their waiter brought them food. Happily digging into his, the businessman enjoyed watching how Amelia and Bel interacted with one another. They were his entire world and being able to just be with them was something he enjoyed.

"Oh Isabel, I think you have not the slightest clue what you're about to get yourself into," Dawson teased, starting to enjoy his food when it was brought out to him. "When you come back I'm sure we can finish up your meticulous planning. I just need you to ve safe while you're away, love. Please be careful." Dawson knew Isabel would always try her best t put her safety first, but some of her assignments still rightfully worried him when she told him about them. They were accompanied by great uncertainty, that he had much room to say anything considering he left her for sixteen months to trample around his own war zone. Now that he had seen them though, he often placed her in them and that made his stomach twist into unbearable knots. War was a place he never felt comfortable in and to know Isabel had created a career on immersing herself in such hostility both baffled and amazed him.

Giving her father a deep gaze, Bel thought hard about her father's question before she shrugged. "Boys are cuter," she replied innocently

"And this is where daddy's skin starts to crawl," Amelia teased "Did you tell Daddy about Julian?" Amelia asked her daughter with a grin, to which her daughter began to giggle, blushing so red her cheeks resembled a freshly bloomed rose. Julian was a boy Bel's age group at the summer camp she was attending who was trying desperatley to get her attention to the best of his innocent ability.

"You know I will do all that I can to be safe." She said gently to the man who made her truly happy. She adored her future husband will all she had. Enjoying her lunch, she continued to sip the wine that was accompanying her food, sighing contently before she looked at him once more. "I'm sorry I always leave to such dangerous places, amor. It's what I'm meant to do though and I never thought I would find a man to accept that until I met you." She said softly, taking his hands in hers before she smiled softly. "Thank you for being you and so accepting of my career path. Thank you for not tearing it down and making me change it. If I never found you, I can guarantee I would never have found another man to live my life with. I would've grown old alone with my many dogs." Giggling softly, Isabel pulled her hands away. She never was one to be sappy.

Hearing the name Julian did in fact make Jayden's skin crawl. Looking at Amelia curiously, he felt his curiosity rise before looking at his daughter. "Who is Julian?" He asked her softly, knowing exactly who he was considering the blush that was evident on the little girls face. "Is he your special friend?" He asked with a chuckle, watching Bel hid her face from her father. "Now now, love bug. You can tell me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back