• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored for Love

"Isabel, I would never ask you to change yourself to be with me and if anyone ever tried to then they don't deserve you." Dawson replied genuinely rubbing her hand with his thmb. Contining to chat wth her while they finished their meal, he said a sweet farewell before she headed back to work, promisng to see her later in the same night.

"Julian is nice, daddy. He really likes me. He broght me jolly ranchers!" Bel confessed, turning to her chicken tenders and mac and cheese to avoid Jayden's eye contact after her mother told her her dad woudn't like boys chasing after her. Of course, Amelia was only teasing, knowing the thing between her daughter and Julian was nothing serious but it would push Jayden's dad buttons. Turning to Jayden, Amelia nodded at his hesitency. "I told them we could go to the park this weekend."

Jayden looked at his wife hesitant once again before he sighed gently and nodded. “Okay, the park sounds nice but I’m tagging along.” He said with a grin, watching his daughter shake her head. “You can scare him daddy!” She said innocently, pouting when Jayden chuckled. “I won’t, I promise.” He said, holding his hand out for a pinky promise, smiling when Bel obliged and nodded. “You promised. Can’t scare Julian.” She reaffirmed before going back to her chicken tenders and Mac and cheese, eating them both happily. Jayden truly enjoyed the lunch wth his girls and met them at home after, working up on some things for his company while Bel played with her toys in the living room.

Later that night, Isabel had finished up most of the work needed, setting her Mac on the island by the sink in the kitchen, she looked at the time and decided to make Dawson his favorite for dinner. She was in a cooking mood and felt like a good home cooked meal was needed for the both of them. Finishing up the food, Isabel set the table and smiled when she heard the door open, cleaning up the pots and pans, she looked up at her pilot when she felt his arms around her waist. “Hi there, Six. Dinner is ready. Go change so we can eat together.” She said gently, kissing him lovingly before opening another bottle of wine, the bottle he just bought for them, setting it on their table before she sat down at it, scrolling through her website looking over some projects. UNT had asked her to lead a study abroad session but she didn’t know where to take the students and what to cover.

While Isabel played with her horses, she eyed her dad carefully, sighing when he seemed to preoccupied to play with her. Watching her mother walk into the living room and curl into her father, her head laying on his chest while he worked. Watching them, Bel continued to play with her horses while her dad whispered what she knew to be sweet things to her, considering she looked tired. Getting up, the toddler walked over in concern, but soon became disgruntled when her father told her to go back to playing with her toys. She was a little resentful he stopped whatever he was doing to pay attention to her mother and not her and because she was two, she unfortunately was not dismissed from the terrible two expression no matter how well behaved she was, she still had her moments. Crossing her arms she huffed releasing her attitude towards her father. “Why are you being mean?” She pouted, still thinking he was being unfair to her.

“Put it away,” Dawson said sternly, but made his tone contradixtoring by giving her a harmless glare. “Your work will be there when you get back,” Dawson reassured her, kissing her gently in greeting. “How was the rest of your day, my love?” Taking his seat, he sipped the wine, pleased with how it tastes and folded his napkin neatly into his lap, gleaming at his favorite meal, the steak looked heavenly.

Noticing his daughter become agitated when her father told her to go play with her toys, he looked at her when she called him mean, sighing softly. He knew no child ever skipped the terrible twos but when his daughter had her moments, she had her moments. She was a sassy little girl who would let her parents know she was displeased anytime of the day. "Bel, I'm not being mean. I'm taking to mommy about adult things." He said, watching the little girl only huff and puff even more, sitting down her back facing her father. "No, you're just being mean." She said, grabbing her toys before walking off to her room. Jayden sighed gently once more before looking to Amelia. "Terrible twos are truly terrible." He whispered, kissing her gently. "But that could've been an even worse tantrum."

Sighing softly, Isabel closed her laptop, looking at her fiancé when he told her to put it away. It was both of their pet peeves to do work while eating together, considering they used their meals to converse with one another. Kissing him back sweetly, she smiled as he sat down in his usual chair. Sipping her wine, Bel's expression lit up when he asked her how the rest of her day went. She was bursting with excitement to tell him about UNT. "It went well, actually. UNT called me today. They've seem all my international work and want me to lead a study abroad session. I'm just not entirely sure where to take the students." She said softly, cutting her chicken before she ate the piece happily. It had been so long since Isabel ate steak but she didn't miss it. It always made her sick when she attempted to eat red meat. "What about you? How was the remaining time at work? I overheard from my many sources that the Thunderbirds were going to start trampling over your territory, Petty Officer. Why's that?" She asked, giggling when she noticed Dawson become irked by the mention of the Thunderbirds. They were exactly like the Blue Angels, a group of pilots that performed in shows in cities the Naval team didn't visit, except these pilot were apart of the Air Force and Isabel knew there was always some form of competition between the two.

“She’ll be fine, love. It’s getting close to her bed time and she’s tired.” Amelia replied in s yawn, staying curled against Jayden, listening to the sound of his heart beating in a soothing ruthical pattern, killing her into her sleep, but refused to give into her exhaustion because Jayden was still talking to her about his plans. When he took the blanket from the back of the couch and wrapped it around her, she pulled him towards her, running her fingers through his hair once he gave in and laid next to her. “I should get up and put the princess to bed,” Amelia said with a sigh.

“I’m sure you’ll pick the perfect place to take them,” Dawson reassured her before his expression soon soured at the mention of the competition he was conditioned to be naturally aggressive towards. “They are not,” he replied simply, shrugging his shoulders like it didn’t bother him, but he knew she would get the hint it did. “The rest of the day went well, just paperwork mostly, I’m ready to get back to flying soon. I just wish you could be there to see it, but next time you can I know you will.”

“But you just got me to lay down with you.” Jayden whined, laughing softly when he saw the glare Amelia gave him. “I’m kidding. Go put princess down to bed but then come back to me. I miss your hand running through my hair already.” He whined, moving so she could get up, laying back down when she watched her go to Bel’s Room. When Amelia arrived to her daughters room, Bel was laying on the ground playing with her doll in the air, looking over at her mom when she walked in. Sighing softly, she looked back at her doll. “Why did daddy have to be so mean?” She asked her softly, sitting up before she put up her toys, knowing why her mom was here. It was bed time and Bel was ready for it and anyone could see it by her yawn.

Grinning at Dawson’s response to their competitors, she nodded as she looked at him. “I bet you’re ready to fly. That’s all you’ve been talking about since you got back home and that’s okay.” She said with a gentle smile. “I do know the wonderful Thunderbirds are invading your base for the weekend. Think you can get me one of their jackets?” She asked him with a wink, eating her food some more before she laughed at his expression. “I’m kidding. Why would I ever give a man in the Air Force the time of day? A jacket would be nice though. I never got yours.” Shrugging she sighed over dramatically. Pouring him another glass of wine, she sighed contently. “I’m actually going to your next show and would like a jacket to show support.”

Last edited:
“You’re such a dweeb,” Amelia muttered before she got up from Jayden, turning around to kiss him. “I love you, I’ll be right back,” she promised before walking into her daughter’s room, watching her out all her toys away obediently. Walking over to her drawers, Amelia picked out pajamas, sighing st her daughter’s comment. “He’s not being mean, you need to sleep,” Amelia said gently, picking her up and helping her change. “What book are we reading tonight?” Amelia asked while she took Isabel’s hair out of a braid, careful not to pull at the knots too hard. After picking a book and reading it, Amelia went back to Jayden, falling into him she giggled when he held out his arms to catch her. "Hi," she whispered before she kissed him gently. "She's asleep. She was past ready for bed if you couldn't tell."

"Alright love, I get the hint. I'll get you a jacket." Winking, Dawson sipped his wine in return. "Maybe, if you quit mentioning the competition. we'll have to see what can be arranged, Mrs. Covington. The crew will be looking forward to seeing ya. They've been asking about you. Jason is still upset you didn't give him a chance," Dawson said in a chuckle. Dawson's fellow pilots spent the past three years teasing Dawson about how he ended up with Isabel.

“Hi there.” Jayden said with a smile, kissing Amelia’s neck gently as she laid next to him once more, his arms wrapped around her to keep her safe. “I could tell. She got very sassy with me.” Chuckling, Jayden kissed Amelia’s neck once more before he grabbed the remote and put on their favorite tv show to watch. Crime was always their favorite thing. Letting the silence linger, Jayden moved his fiancées chin to look at him, kissing her lightly. “I love you and I can’t wait until the day you take my last name.” He whispered gently, being a sap. He hadn’t been able to shower her with his love and affection for awhile.

“But teasing you with the competition is so fun.” She said with a giggle, continuing to eat her chicken and sip her wine before she laughed at what her fiancé said about Jason. “He wasn’t my type. What can I say?” She said, shrugging her shoulders with a grin. “I’m excited to see them too. I’ve missed them. It’s been busy and I feel bad I haven’t been able to support y’all. The next show for sure. Promise.” She said with a smile, taking his hand in hers to get his attention. “Say Mrs. Covington again.” She whispered softly, smiling when he obliged. He didn’t call her that often but hearing it made her heart skip a beat. She couldn’t wait for the day she really took his last name.

"Is this your way of making sure I don't try to kill you in your sleep?" Giggling Amelia returned the kiss. "It will be my biggest honor to take your name," she whispered, not wanting to move from his arms.

With wedding plans still in the making but close to done for the Covington couple, Amelia and Isabel reached a separate milestone that was worth celebrating. Six months had past and the office was finally completed and fully staffed. It was difficult to comprehend the goal the two had set out so long ago to make happen was finally a reality. This was the start of a new chapter for the best friends, the one they most looked forward to. Tonight was the celebratory dinner with the staff.

Watching the two journalists converse as they sipped their drinks, their earrings shining as brightly as their smiles, Dawson admired the happiness radiating off the both of them. They deserved it and he felt blessed to be a part of it. "They look stunning," Dawson commented to Jayden, "I'm proud of them."

Jayden knew this day was coming and he anticipated it just as much as the two journalists did. They were beautiful and powerful women that he admired. they deserved this and so much more. As he and Dawson admired the woman from afar, he looked over at his friend with a smile, nodding in agreement. “Me too. They’ve worked so hard for this.” He said in reply, watching them converse freely with the guests of their dinner. It was a nice celebration. “They’ve worked so hard for this and I’m proud they made it all the way. I had no doubt they would.” He said gently, watching his fiancée flow freely from guest to guest.

After conversing with some of the guests, Isabel smiled as she looked at her fiancé and motioned him over. This particular guest was someone he needed to meet. “Hi love. I want you to meet someone. This is Dorothy Bland, the former dean of the Mayborn when I want to UNT. She’s the reason I picked the school and I don’t regret it. She wanted to meet you after she saw my ring and heard I was getting married.” She said with a giggle as the sweetest person Isabel ever met extended her hand to shake with Dawson. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Covington. You got very lucky with this woman. She’s done and will continue to do great things but you have your hands full with her.” The older woman said with a soft laugh, making Isabel laugh as well.

Excusing herself after realizing the time, Isabel walked to Amelia and grabbed her hand. “Ready for the speech?” She asked her softly, walking to the stage where the band was playing soft music to fill the noise. When the band stopped and everyone faced the two journalists, Isabel smiled as she held Amelia’s hand, giving it a grip. “Amelia and I would like to thank each and every one of you for being here tonight. Those we invited are our supporters and we couldn’t have made it every step of the way without you. I also want to congratulate our staff. I truly look forward to working with you starting next week. You all know the goal of the company, and I can’t wait to achieve it with you. It’ll be rough in the beginning, but we will make it.” She said softly, looking at Amelia before they both smiled. “Next we have special people within the crowd we want to thank. People who helped make this dream a reality for us. Men who never gave up on us even when we wanted to give up on ourselves.”

"Men for some reason have decided they want to spend the rest of their lives dealing with us," Amelia chimed in, laughing at her own joke as everyone in the audience joined in. Calling Jayden and Dawson up to the stage, Amelia and Isabel stepped out of the way to reveal to them the plaque the journalists had made in honor of the men and their contribution. "We couldn't have done this without you."

"Yes, you could have," Both men replied in unison, looking onto their fiancee's with the same pride they had all night.

Ignoring the men, the women proceeded to take them into hugs and thank them for their help. Once they took their places back at their reserved table before Amelia finished off the speech. "Getting here has been a long but amazing journey for the both of us and it's only just begun. We are grateful for everyone's contribution in this room and we look forward to the change we get to create and inspire because of you. Enjoy the rest of the night because you've made ours."

Once the dinner ended, Amelia and Bel left Jayden and Dawson to go home while they rushed off to go do one more thing before they could end their night. Pulling into the first floor of the parking garage, Amelia pulled the things they needed from the backseat of the car. "Are you ready?" Amelia asked giddily before she took Bel's hand, scanning her card to get into the building. Running up the stairs to the roof together. Once they reached the top, Amelia pulled out the paper lantern from the bag. "What are we going to wish for, Bel?" Amelia asked as the wind picked up gently, blowing Amelia's hair into her cheeks, curling at her mouth.

Isabel sighed softly as they stood at the top of their building. Their new empire. Looking at the paper lantern, Isabel held Amelia’s hand and held one side of the lantern while Amelia held the other side. Looking out onto the skyline of Dallas, Isabel took a deep breath. “Success. We’re wishing for success and the will to continue changing the lives of many.” She said softly, slowly letting go of the paper lantern that went into the sky. It was a single one, with the fire burning just like the fire within Isabel. It was amazing to know starting next week Isabel and Amelia would be changing the world just like they hoped.

Going back to their cars, Isabel walked into her house and sighed contently, leaning against the front door after she closed it. She was on cloud nine and the only thing that brought her back to realty was Piper barking happily at her owner. “Hi there, girl.” She said softly, bending down to pet her before she put her purse and keys on the table by the door and walked to the kitchen, her heels letting her presence be known. Pouring herself a glass of wine, she noticed just how quiet it was in the house. The desire for a child only seemed to grow for the photojournalist. She wanted to see a mini Isabel and mini Dawson running around the house, chasing each other. The thought made her smile as she imagined what the house would be like. The time wasn’t right for an addition to the Covington family. Not with weddings approaching and the start of a company. Letting her happy thoughts consume her, Isabel stayed in the kitchen, smiling when she felt arms wrap around her. Sipping her wine, she looked back at Dawson with nothing but love. “Hi there. Shouldn’t you be in bed? You have shows this weekend. I’m excited to see them.” She whispered softly, kissing him gently.

Last edited:
"Hmm, what makes you think I would want to sleep without you after the day you had? I'm so proud of you, Isabel." Cupping her face, Dawson kissed her lovingly. "You're incredible my love. I'm blessed to get to call you mine." Pulling her towards him, he embraced her. "Where did you and Amelia run off to leave me with Jayden?" Dawson joked. "How does it feel now that all your pieces are finally falling together? Was it everything you thought it would be when you planned it?"

Parting ways with Bel, Amelia headed home herself, but not before she let herself cry as she always did because of her over sensitive personality, As hard as her and Isabel worked to get to where they were she would never fully believe she deserved to be any part of it. It was all surreal. Walking into her living room, she set her shoes outside the archway and threw herself on the leather couch, her dress flowing in the small gust of wind she created in her scurry. When Chloe made her way over, Amelia reached over the ledge of the couch and pet her gently, "Hi baby," she whispered. Smiling at Jayden's presence, Amelia laughed looking up to him eating an ice cream cone from the freezer, crunching on it loudly. "Why are you in my Drumsticks?" she challenged, lifting her head up at him, her bun going astray after a long night.

Isabel felt her heart skip a beat with every praise her fiancé gave her. He had a way with words when it came to her and she enjoyed it. Accepting when he pulled her into an embrace, she set down her glass of wine before setting her head against his chest. His scent filled her senses, making sure all she smelled was cologne. She always enjoyed the scent he chose to wear. “We went to the rooftop. We had been planing to wish for something with a paper lantern so that’s what we did.” She whispered gently, taking his hands into hers as she kept her head against his chest. Letting silence fill the house once more, she closed her eyes, taking in everything that occurred today. Finally finding the words to say, Isabel responded to the pilot. “It feels amazing to know everything is falling in place. I start working at the company next week, our wedding is just around the corner, then Amelia and Jayden’s. It’s all going smoothly. It turned out to be better than I had planned.” Not moving at all, Isabel stayed against Dawson, only pulling away to look at his with a soft expression, her eyes a deeper brown. “I love you,” kissing the pilot gently, she pulled away completely before she finished the glass of wine and washed the glass, putting it up. “I’m going to shower.” She told him softly as they walked to their room. Sitting on the bed, Isabel lost herself in happy thoughts again, zoning out Dawson’s presence as she took off her shoes and went to put them away, sitting at her vanity as she wiped away her makeup, the smile on her face never fading.

Laughing softly at his fiancé, Jayden smiled as he quickly finished the ice cream cone, sighing in satisfaction. “I was craving ice cream plus you’re not the only one who likes Drumsticks.” He said with a smile, walking over to her before he leaned over her in the couch, leaning down to kiss her gently. “I’m proud of you. You did it. How does it feel knowing next week you’re going to start changing the work?” He asked softly, laying next to her so he could wrap her in his arms. Their daughter was already asleep in her room. She had been since he came back and relieved their nanny of her duties. “Emma said she went out like a light today after reading her mom’s favorite book.” Kissing Amelia’s neck lightly before he made way to behind her ear, planting the sweetest kiss behind it.

“What are you thinking about?” Dawson asked while he started to undress from his suit. He knew it had been a long but rewarding day for her. There could be any number of things running through her head and Dawson was curious because it had been awhile since he’d seen a grin on Isabel’s face go from cheek-to-cheek. “How many glasses of wine did you have tonight?”

“You can have a craving but if you took the last chocolate cone you can go buy me a new box.” Amelia teased, tasting the chocolate on his guilty lips. “Trying to be slick,” she whispered, not fighting her way out of his arms. “It doesn’t feel real,” she replied, still breath taken by the experience. “Thank you for being my rock. I love you.”

Hearing the deep yet soft voice Isabel knew so well, she was brought out of her thoughts, meeting his gaze through the mirror before she smiled sheepishly. If he looked hard enough, he would be able to tell Isabel was wine buzzed. It felt much better and lighter than being liquor drunk. Her face was flushed but she just kept the smile and wiped away the makeup. “I didn’t have enough wine to be drunk but I did have enough to be buzzed.” She said with a giggle, turning to look at the man stripping out of his suit. “I’m just thinking about everything that happened today.” Liar. He can see you’re lying. “Truthfully?” She asked him gently, sighing after. “The thought of having a child is becoming more and more present in my mind. Maybe it’s because I’m getting old and scared I won’t have one.” She said with a shrug. “I just get so happy thinking about a mini Dawson running around the house, his feet hitting the floor hard as he runs away from me chasing him. Grabbing him in my arms and just kissing him all over and those giggles. They would make the house less quiet.” She finally said it. She finally admitted to the pilot before her what she had been thinking about for a long while now. “But now isn’t the time to think about a new addition to our family. We have so much going on.” She said with a sigh, standing up to slip out of her dress before she put on one of her silk gowns, taking off her earrings and other jewelry as the silence lingered once more.

“I’ll always be whatever you need me to be, Amelia. I love you more.” Jayden whispered softly, kissing her neck once more before he took in her scent. It was his favorite scent. Apples and cinnamon. It was something he never grew tired of. “What did you and Isabel run off to do? Something super top secret I can’t know about?” He asked with a gentle laugh, pulling her even closer against him as he closed his eyes. He hadn’t take off his suit yet and laying with it on was discomforting but he didn’t want to ruin the moment with Amelia. He savored these moments.

Listening to Isabel, Dawson’s eyes softened, taking a deep breath he took his spaced out fiancée into his arms once he finished changing. “Bel, I promise you we’ll have the cutest babies when we decide the time is right.” Watching her eyes dim he kissed her forehead. “Soon. We’ll make it work.”Kissing her cheeksDawson pulled away from her only to grab one of his shirts to her to sleep in. “We can talk about this more in the morning, it’s been a long day for you. Let’s go to bed, journalist.”

Leaning into Jayden Amelia sighed, the zipper of her dress digging into the skin on her back, creating a less than favorable imprint but she didn’t move. “We went to light the lantern like I promised her we would. You know I keep my promises.” Looking up at the ceiling she sighed contently. She was excited for next week to begin but the dinner was hard for her to get through. She tried to tell Isabel something when they went to release their lantern, but it was rushed, Amelia knew it wasn’t intentional and that Isabel was just too over the moon about the night to notice so Amelia didn’t try too hard to tell Isabel she was expecting, unlike last time, she wanted her to be the first to know but Amelia didn’t know how she would take it. She didn’t want to upset her, and her, she cared too much about her best friend to be the cause of her unhappiness. Being so lost in thought, Amelia just blinds when Jayden asked her what was wrong. “Nothing wrong,” she reassured him sweetly, “Everything is right.”

Finally, the following week had come. Even though it was only Sunday, Isabel and Amelia had agreed to make some final checks in the office and grab some lunch. They were going to spend time together before chaos ensued. Isabel was excited to start working in her own company shd shared with Amelia. It’s what they both waited for since high school. Throwing on a dark pair of jeans and a red top, she grabbed her black heels and put them on. Sighing contently in the mirror, she fixed her hair and went downstairs to make herself a cup of coffee. She knew she was going to need it for today. Drinking her coffee and eating her bagel happily, she grabbed her iPad and scrolled through her projects, still thinking about what study abroad program she should do. She went on the Heart of Mexico one, and it was life changing. Thorne had a way of making sure his students knew what it was all about when it came to telling stories. Smiling softly, she looked at the time and put her iPad in her purse, making sure her wallet was in it before she put the coffee mug in the sink to wash when she came home later. Hearing heavy feet against the wooden floors, Isabel smiled because she knew it was her fiancé. Kissing him gently at the entryway of the kitchen, her eyes sparkled with excitement for the day. They still hadn’t discussed having a child further. It was mainly Isabel’s fault and she knew that. “I made your breakfast and coffee, it’s all waiting for you. I’ve got to run. I love you.” She said softly, kissing him again but blinked when he wrapped his arms around her tightly, not letting go. She knew something was wrong. His muscles were tense and his body shaking. “Dawson, what’s wrong?” She whispered softly, wrapping her arms around him for comfort, knowing he needed it.

“I’m fine,” he whispered, taking his fiancée into an embrace to calm himself down, still shaking from his horrible nightmare. Since leaving the war, Dawson was diagnosed with PTSD. After watching a member of his fleet be bombed down by the enemy at his command. Of course, because it was his command Dawson blamed himself, Since being home, he admitted to the traumatic experience and agreed to go to a specialist but still had his nightmares from time to time, Trent falling from the sky as Dawson watched, helplessly, the guilt festering in his gut, his throat wanting to puke up his heart. Wiping his tears from his eyes he finally let go of his fiancee, kissing her cheek. "Thank you for breakfast, you spoil me too much," his tone remained soft, while he walked over to the coffee. "What are you doing today?"

Seeing the tears in his eyes when Dawson pulled away, Isabel knew exactly what happened. He had another nightmare. Ever since he came back and was diagnosed with PTSD, he’s had them. They aren’t as frequent as they used to be, which was good, but when they occurred it wasn’t easy for Isabel to watch him go through it. Smiling softly at him when he walked over to the coffee, she walked back over to him, taking his hands as she rested her head against his back. He was still tense but felt him relax as she stayed against him. “A man like you deserves to be spoiled.” She whispered gently, smiling when he asked her what she was doing today. “I’m going with Amelia to the office. We’re doing some final checks on the system then grabbing lunch. Just a girls day.” She said gently, pulling away reluctantly. She never liked leaving him like this. “Unless you need me to stay. Are you going to be okay?” She asked gently, reaching up and wiping away the tears that stained his cheeks when he looked at her. The stubble beneath her hands tickling her. “Someone needs to shave.” She said to lighten the mood, smiling when she got him to laugh.

Focusing on his breathing, it took everything Dawson had to restrain is everlasting anguish he had for himself. Even now he regretted his split-second command even though he was reassured countless times it wasn't his fault he still harbored the guilt, believing the blood was on his hands and no one could tell him otherwise. Looking down at Isabel he noticed how the sun glistened into her eyes, making the just as breathtaking to look into as the first time they locked gazes. Releasing a slight chuckle Dawson shook his head at her, he knew what she was trying to do and he appreciated it. "Maybe just a little, I thought you liked it scruffy," he teased, rubbing his chin with his index finger and thumb. "I'll be okay, I promise." Dawson reassured Isabel, picking up the bagel and starting to eat it. "Tell Amelia I said hi. We can do a dinner with them tomorrow if everyone is free."

Isabel nodded reluctantly as she completely pulled away from her fiancé. She knew he was going to be alright, but watching him go through his episodes wasn’t an easy thing for her. She felt his pain as she watched them happen. It was like someone stabbed her in the heart and continued to twist the blade. She did everything she could to ensure he knew nothing that happened was his fault, but he never believed it. He was never going to believe it. “I’ll let her know about it today. I love you. If you need me, call me.” She said gently, cupping his face again before she kissed him lovingly, slowly pulling away her hands. “I’ll be home after lunch.” Walking awa from the pilot, Isabel grabbed her purse and texted Amelia she was on her way. Isabel couldn’t stop the tears that flowed down her cheeks as she drove to the office. She was good at taking away everyone’s pain and she felt Dawson’s. It hurt so bad. Composing herself when she arrived, she parked in her reserved parking on the first level of the parking garage, swipping her ID to get inside and smiled when she found Amelia waiting in the lobby. “Morning, Best Friend.” She said happily, changing her mood completely before she hugged her.

"Morning, how are ya?" Amelia asked excitedly as they made their way upstairs. Amelia was ready to get this final check over with. She was anxious to get started. When Bel asked what Jayden and Bel were up to, Amelia laughed at the thought. "Jayden took her to work with him so I'm sure that'll be something interesting to hear about later. Where do you want to go for lunch later?" Amelia asked, stepping into one of the cubicles to turn on the computer to run the system test. She was content with the layout and how everything turned out, gazing out the window while she waited she turned back to face her best friend when she heard her say something.

“Let’s get Texas Roadhouse. I am craving their rolls and it’s been a rough morning. All I had was a bagel so I’m hungry.” Isabel said softly, watching Amelia as they made sure the system worked. She was glad Amelia was content with the layout. Isabel worked hard on it and knew Amelia was rather picky with them. Everything was falling into place. “I think Bel will have fun with Jayden at work. I know he’s handling the international section of Holt’s Bank but how is his company going? Does Mr. Holt still want to be a shareholder?” Isabel asked Amelia curiously, feeling proud of Jayden and how far he has come here. He’s a people person, so it was never hard for him to attract shareholders for his own company, especially with the reason his company is being started. Looking at Amelia when she asked what happened this morning, Isabel sighed softly. “Dawson had another episode. I know they aren’t as frequent as before but it still hurts watching him go through them. I also mentioned wanting to have a baby after the staff dinner. He promised one day we would have cute babies when the time was right and offered to talk more about it the next morning but we haven’t. I’m getting old Amelia. What if I never have kids?” She asked with a sigh.

"Jayden's a charmer so I don't think he'll ever have to worry about losing Mr. Holt," Amelia said, logging into the computer to finish her administration tasks while she listened to Bel, turning to her in concern when she heard about Dawson. After he was diagnosed, Amelia felt horrible that such an amazing human being was enduring such a tragic thing after going to honorably serve his country but Amelia was gad Isabel was keeping it in check for Dawson's sake. "I know it's not easy Bel, but he's getting better, he's learning how to cope with something someone like him should never have to learn to cope with. He's said before he's glad to have you to help him through it. It's not your fault." Sighing softly, she reached into her purse for her water bottle and took a few sips, still listening to the conversation, shaking her head at Isabel's usual doubtfulness. "Oh Bel, stop it. You used to say that you would never be a photojournalist and then you said you would never find someone if you did and then you said you would never freelance. That's a whole lot of never for someone who has a lot that she said she wouldn't have. Patience, I don't think you'll ever learn it and stop calling yourself old, I'm older than you. But I bet he only put it off because that's all you do when you bring it up and he wants to make you happy."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back