• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored for Love

Giggling at the sight of the cookie, Isabel nodded excitedly at what her uncle asked her. “Yes pwease!” She said, the excitement heard in her voice. Watching Dawson take his niece over to the living room, Isabel smiled as she thought about how great a father Dawson would be. He was naturally a very nurturing and protective person and one day he would be that way with their child. Looking up at Sarah, Isabel sighed softly. She knew Sarah felt sympathetic towards Chris but Isabel didn’t. “Do you know where Amelia is? I’m assuming she’s at a hospital.” She said quietly, making sure her niece couldn’t hear. After making sure her mini me was safe and now distracted thanks to her uncle Dawson, Isabel needed to find Amelia next. She need to hug her and never let go. Isabel should’ve picked up on the subtle signs but she didn’t. How could she be a best friend when she didn’t see anything wrong with Amelia for so long? She was a shitty best friend, that’s why. After telling Dawson and Isabel bye, the photojournalist left the house and went to the hospital, looking for Amelia and smiling when she found her. Knocking, she walked into the room since no one was in there and sat next to her, taking her hand and giving it a squeeze. “I’m here. How much longer are you going to be here? Dawson’s back at the house with Bel.” She whispered softly, tears forming in her eyes. “I’m sorry I never noticed, best friend. I should have and I didn’t.”

When Isabel walked into the room, Amelia sighed because she knew what was coming. "I don't want to talk about it, Bel. But if really wanted you to know then you would have. It's not your fault." Her voice was soft, but not in its normal sweet way, it was overtaken by sorrow. Amelia wished this never happened. As usual, she was blaming herself. Maybe if you fought harder. No. There was no such thing. The indentation of Chris's nails in her shoulders was a tribute to his strength, strength Amelia was incapable of fighting off and when she tried, he made it harder for her to get away from him. As silence filled the room, Amelia bit her lip and finally looked up to Isabel. What happened to Amelia was one of her biggest fears in life. She expected to face it in her journalistic career when she went overseas where women are treated like trophies and not like humans. She never expected what happened to her would happen so close to home with someone that she was supposed to respect and love. She was baffled and now that the secret was out, Amelia couldn't help but feel more ashamed than when she kept it to herself. It hurt Jayden. She knew it made him feel like he wasn't the man she deserved after he let this go on for so long. It hurt Isabel. It made her feel like a failure for not recognizing signs that Amelia never gave her because she didn't want her to know, but she knew Isabel would always insist there was something she could have picked up on that would have changed the outcome of events. That wasn't true, but it was over now. Amelia wished Jayden was here but she was grateful to have her best friend, after going through this alone for so long, it brought Amelia an overwhelming sense of relief that she was no longer alone in any of this, especially now. She hated being here, in this sterile room with all the medical professionals and investigators knowing just how badly another man treated her because they were trained to interpret the severity of her injuries."I don't want to be here," Amelia finally confessed letting herself cry again. The last two hours were spent basically dehumanizing her even though these people were only trying to help. Taking photos and running tests all to prove she was telling the truth about what happened to her and it made her sick to think that anyone would doubt her. They really threw her for a loop when one of the nurses questioned her extensively, asking her if she had been intimate with anyone else and of course she had been with Jayden, but when she thought that was the worst of it, the nurse gave her a pregnancy test and the thought of having a child that wasn't Jayden's threw her into a downward spiral and she panicked when she realized it was a plausible possibility but she prayed it wouldn't happen. It would destroy the both of them.

Isabel sighed gently as she listened to Amelia and hugged her close. She knew very well her best friend didn't want to be here, and she knew what Amelia was thinking inside. Although Isabel felt shitty in regards to not being able to pick up on signs, she knew Amelia was feeling a lot worse then she and Jayden combined. Holding her close and not letting go, Isabel closed as she nodded. "I know you don't. You're almost done, best friend." She whispered gently, looking at her with a gentle and weak smile. "When you're done, we'll go back to the house unless you want to go see Jayden." She said softly, looking up when the nurse walked back in with the results. Isabel felt Amelia grip her hand tighter and she knew why. She had to take a pregnancy test and Isabel only hoped it was negative. A child that wasn't Amelia's and Jayden's would destroy the both of them. Hearing the nurse say Amelia wasn't pregnant was a relief. She released a the breathe she had been holding before looking at Amelia after the nurse left. "Are you ready?" She asked him softly.

Despite the nurse delivering relieving news, it didn't really make her feel any better about the situation. She wanted to see Jayden after what she just endured but she knew if she went to see him she wouldn't want to leave without him and just become more upset, feeling like it was her fault Jayden was sitting in a cold and unwelcoming cell. She didn't want to go home either, even though she knew Chris was gone, it still made her anxious. She didn't know where she wanted to be truthfully, it all seemed unappealing, but she just nodded to Isabel. "Let's go," she said, changing back into her clothes and grabbing her things quickly, obviously in a hurry to leave, not wanting to remember why she came here in the first place. "I'm sorry," she whispered, looking to Isabel full of regret. She felt like a burden to Isabel, knowing she flew all the way over here to see her, and this wasn't the first time. She felt guilty. Today was just a nightmare. "Don't tell Jayden what you heard, it'll only make him more upset if he knows everything they had to do to me. I just wanted to help the police. Are you hungry?" Amelia asked quick to change the subject. Because of what had happened she had yet to eat dinner and she hadn't had anything since early this morning. "I could go for some Chinese. Do you know what Dawson likes? We can bring it back to him."

Isabel knew Amelia didn’t want to go back home or go and see Jayden. She also knew she just wanted to change the subject entirely and forget what happened. Obliging, Isabel smiled at her question as she nodded, leading her out to the rental car. “I could go for some Chinese food. Dawson like the spicy stuff, just like my dad, so well take him some back. Should we get Bel some fried rice too?” She suggested, getting into the car and drive them to the Chinese restaurant Amelia wanted her to. She was entirely excited about getting some Chinese. It had been awhile since she had it and walking in, they got a booth and Isabel ordered a sweet tea with a smile. “Get whatever you want. It’s on me. Promise. Also, me being here isn’t a burden, Melia. Dawson and I know you and Jayden would have done the same if the roles were switched. I needed to come and be with you.” She said gently, giving her hand a squeeze before she let Amelia talk about whatever she wanted. She knew she just needed a distraction. “Are you excited for Graduation? It’s rolling around pretty fast.” She said with a bright smile. She was excited for both Amelia and Jayden to graduate and start the next chapter of their lives.

Ordering the usual sweet and sour chicken with white rice, Amelia smiled when the owners brought the best friends left over egg rolls. They had made too many and didn’t want to waste them. Taking one eagerly, Amelia nodded biting into the crispy shell. As she did so, she thought about how Jayden didn’t get to eat either and suddenly, she felt bad for being here. She would make it up to him tomorrow. “We’re both excited. There are some big things in the works that Jayden does t want to disclose yet.” Winking, Amelia laughed at Isabel’s irritation of not knowing. The thought of graduation was even more exciting now, given what was happening. “Hows having the pilot back?”

Ordering the usual sesame chicken with white rice, Isabel also ordered an egg drop soup, smiling when the owners brought it out to her and thanked them for the egg rolls. Happily sipping her soup and eating her egg roll, Isabel was irritated when Amelia refused to tell her what Jayden had planned. “Why can’t I know?! I always know everything. This isn’t fair.” She said with a pouting expression, sighing softly before she took another bite of her egg roll. “It’s great. I missed him a lot. He’s going back to show duties but I don’t ever want him to leave me now. I don’t want to leave either but it’s apart of our careers. I’m just so glad he’s home. I’ve missed him.” She said with a gentle smile. “I’m glad y’all are looking forward to graduation though.”

"Because they aren't my plans to tell you, Bel. He'll tell you when he wants too." Amelia replied gently, enjoying her food the best she could. Amelia hoped graduation would be the stepping stone for her and Jayden, the chapter that would start their lives together after all the setbacks they faced. Amelia just wanted a fulfilling life with Jayden, one that no longer would be filled with devastation and hurt, she wasn't sure how much more of it she could take. It had been a long road for the two of them and it never made sense to her why the two of them had it so hard off. It was like the world was against them but they refused to let the world win. Amelia had faith that soon, their luck would turn and reward the both of them for their patience and perseverance. "I'm glad you have him back. It was a long time to go without each other. Did Bel recognize him?"

Giggling, Isabel nodded as she ate her food contently. “Of course she did. I made sure she did and she’s having the time of her life with him. He gave her a cookie when we got to the house.” She said softly, enjoying the time with Amelia knowing it’s what they both needed. “I’ll order their food once we get ours so it’s still fresh and warm when we get back.” She said softly, smiling at her best friend. “I want a baby, Amelia.” She said with a whine, laughing softly at her reaction. “Dawson looked so cute with how he cared for Bel and we never talked about it because we haven’t even discussed details for the wedding.” She said with a sigh. “But I can’t be upset over it. He just got back.”

“Ah, he gave her a cookie so that means she loves him. She takes after me when it comes to winning her heart.” Giggling. Taking a sip of her tea she nearly choked on it when she heard what Isabel said next. It wasn’t something out of the ordinary for her to say, she had always admitted wanting kids, but by the way she said it this time, Amelia knew it was genuine. Setting down the drink, Amelia expression soon began to glow. “You’re talking to the wrong girl about planning a child,” Amelia said in another laugh “That decision is between the two of you, but if it’s aomething you want him to know, you should tell him. Youll be a great mom Bel, I just kinda winged it. Jayden wants another, but I told him he has to wait. We obviously have too many other things going on right now”

“I want to talk to him about it but I don’t at the same time. Maybe one day but not anytime soon.” Isabel said gently, sighing softly as she continued eating. “I want to just sit and talk details about the wedding but there’s been no time and that’s okay. We’re taking it day by day but I’m excited for you and Jayden. Hopefully after graduation y’all can build your lives like y’all should have been able to from the beginning. I know he wants another one. He wants a son now doesn’t he?” She asked with a laugh.

"Of course he does. he wanted a son from the start," Amelia replied. She was happy Isabel was here because she was one of the few people who could actually distract Amelia from her thoughts. She still hoped Jayden was okay.

The day Jayden and Amelia had been waiting for finally arrived. It was graduation day. Amelia was excited. This would be her last and she was more than ready to attend. When she set out on this journey she never thought Jayden would be in a robe beside her. It just made the entire event something Amelia looked forward to even more and now it was finally here. Even though their daughter was young, Amelia hoped this would inspire Isabel to achieve anything she set her mind to no matter the setbacks she had to go through to accomplish her goals. Amelia and Jayden both wanted their daughter to have the world at her fingertips in an easier way than they did and this was a step in the right direction. Amelia's entire family was here, as they had been for her two previous graduations, that was no surprise to her. They were always quick to show their pride when it came to graduation days.

The morning was chaotic, even though Bel was with Amelia's mother, Amelia still managed to run behind in getting ready and now was rushing around like a manic but she still managed to make herself look presentable by the time Jayden returned with coffee and breakfast before they had to be off. "You're my favorite," Amelia complimented as she ran up to Jayden to take the ice coffee from his hands.

When Jayden came back to the house with coffee and breakfast for his lovely girlfriend and himself, he smiled happily as he watched her take the coffee and nodded. "Of course I am." He said with a wink, kissing her lovingly before he admired what she was wearing. "I like your choice in dress. I need to change my shirt real quick. Eat breakfast and then we will head out for the ceremony." He said with a bright smile, going to their room to change into a white long sleeve button down shirt while putting on his navy suit over it with a blush colored tie. Walking back out to Amelia, he smiled gently when she looked over at him. "What do you think? Does this scream Master's in International Business?" He asked with a laugh, eating his breakfast as fast as possible before they had to leave.

“You look the part,” Amelia agreed, “But the red lipstick on your lips doesn’t match,” Amelia teased, before she helped him get it off. Looking up at him, she rested her delicate, hand on his chest. “I’m proud of you, Jayden,” she whispered before giving him s hug, not wanting to stain his lips again. “Are you ready?” She asked with a laugh, watching him stuff the breakfast sandwich in his mouth. “Don’t inhale it!” She exclaimed, grabbing the keys while Jayden grabbed their caps and gowns. Amelia was ready for this ceremony to be over, she was looking forward to the formal lunch afterward. She was too nervous to eat right now so she just took small sips of her coffee.

Last edited:
Jayden laughed softly at his girlfriend before he smiled at her and inhaled the sandwich just like she didn't want him to. Going to the car and putting their caps and gowns inside, he got inside the car and quickly drove them to the university. The ceremony was one Jayden adored and having Amelia next to him made it even better. Holding her hand, he played with her promise ring before the ceremony finished. Now officially obtaining their Master's degrees, Jayden hugged Amelia close and spun her around happily before the lunch, kissing her lovingly. "You're an amazing woman. I am so proud of you, Amelia." He said with nothing but love and admiration in her eyes, smiling when he heard their daughter call them. Jayden was quick to pick her up and kiss her cheeks, laughing when he heard her giggles overtake his. "Proud of mommy and daddy!" Bel said with a bright expression, reaching out to Amelia for her to hold. When Amelia's family came over to congratulate them, Jayden smiled upon seeing Isabel and Dawson. THey were the only ones that knew what he would be doing next.

"Congratulations, best friend!" Isabel said excitedly, hugging her tightly before she took her mini me from her. "I'm so proud of you and happy at least one of us has their Master's. We all know I won't be going back anytime soon." She said with a laugh, smiling as Dawson hugged Amelia as well and got his phone ready to record. This was a big moment for Amelia and Jayden, and this day was only going to get better. "Best friend, look behind you." Isabel said with a smile and when Amelia turned around, she would find Jayden on one knee, smiling up at the woman he wanted to spend his life with.

"Amelia Carson, we have been through so much together, both good times and bad. There is no one else I want to spend the rest of my life with other than you. I am so proud of the woman you have become. I've enjoyed watching you grow with me by your side. I never want to stop seeing you grow. I never want there to be a day where you aren't laying beside me. So, Amelia, will you allow me to protect and love you for the rest of our lives? Will you continue to be there through the good and bad? Through sickness and in health and through our future endeavors?" He asked her gently, holding a red velvet box, opening it to reveal the ring inside of it. "Forever and always, Amelia. Will you marry me?"

Attachments

• 9bef23118c563f8e83c515d4036bb0c1.jpg
    9bef23118c563f8e83c515d4036bb0c1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 3
When the Texans made their way over, Amelia squealed happily. She was greatful the two busy souls could take the time off to be with her and Jayden today. It meant the world to her. Taking her best friend into a tight embrace, she kissed her cheek when they pulled away and pushed her playfully. “Shut up, you’ll go back.” Continuing to chat with everyone, the smile on her face genuine, Amelia looked at Isabel confused when she told her to look behind her. Hearing her mother and grandmother gasp only made her more suspicious. Quickly twirling around, she spotted Jayden on his knee, but it took her a moment to comprehend the scene. When she did, she gasped to herself in disbelief. “Jayden...” she whispered, the heavy tears swelling in her eyes while she looked down st him still in shock. She never thought in her lifetime this would ever happen to her, and she was content with not ever marrying someone, but Jayden changed for Amelia, most of what she thought she wanted in life. Catching her breath, she nodded before whispering a “yes” through her tears.

Now that her family was left in disbelief that the impossible just happened most of them were crying themselves, but leave it to Amelia’s grandpa to turn such a sentimental occasion humorous while the business man slipped the hefty rock on his fiancée’s finger. While everyone too picture he just shouted, “You should have done it sooner! Now she’ll have to change her name on the degree!”

Laughing Amelia kept her gaze on the only man she ever intimately loved, hugging him tightly. When they pulled away from a romantic kiss, Amelia eyed the ring and that was the first time she realized how massive it was. “Jayden, this is crazy! What were you thinking?”

Jayden laughed softly at Amelia's reaction to the size of the ring. She knew she would react how she did and when she asked him what he was thinking, he shrugged. "I had the money and figured this ring was the best choice for you." He said with a gentle smile, kissing her romantically once more before he pulled away to acknowledge the family. "I should have asked sooner so she could have my last name on her diploma, but we both needed time and I thought now would be a perfect time to ask." He said with a bright smile, holding Amelia's hand, his expression full of happiness and love. He was also grateful the Texans were able to make it for the day. It made it even more special to celebrate with everyone of importance here for it. Plus, Jayden had an announcement to make at the family dinner they all agreed to. He let the Carson's leave to go and explore Chicago while the Texans opted to spend the day with the graduates, attending the lunch with them since Jayden included them in the RSVP. Sitting at the table, Isabel smiled as she held her mini me in her lap. "I'm so proud of the two of you! Are you finally going to tell us your plans now, big shots?" She asked them curiously, kissing Bel's neck just to hear her giggles.

“If you keep asking I’ll be sure to make you the last to know,” Amelia teased. Today was a rare occasion when she was nothing but smiles and nothing could break it. Taking her daughter from Isabel, Amelia embraced her tightly,

"See ring mommy?" Bel asked excitedly, taking hold of her mother's fingers.

Laughing her mother nodded, straightening out her delicate hand to show her daughter the ring Jayden placed on her finger. "It's it pretty?" she asked Bel. kissing her cheek. "Very pretty! Good job, Daddy!"

In the very least, the day was memorable. The lunch was a success and now Amelia found herself surrounded by all the people she loved in the world. It was sight that nearly always brought her tears. After ordering food for both her and little Bel, she enjoyed conversation with the family. When she heard Isabel shout across the table for Jayden to drop the news already, Amelia just burst out laughing, putting her hand over her face, shaking her head. Lifting it, she made straight eye contact with her best friend. "You are the most impatient person I have ever met, in my entire life. Drink your wine and chill out."

Isabel grinned at what her best friend had to say, shrugging before she continued to sip her wine and converse with Amelia’s grandfather. She always enjoyed their conversations and she held Dawson’s hand the entire time. Looking at her food when it was brought out, Isabel beamed with excitement. As always, she got some form of chicken but she was mostly excited because of the Brussels sprouts that came on the side. Looking at Dawson who scrunched his nose up at the sight of them, Isabel laughed before she refilled her wine glass. “There’s nothing wrong with them. They won’t hurt you.” She said with a smile, looking up when Jayden asked for everyone’s attention. Standing he looked down at Amelia and gave her hand a reassuring squeeze before he began to explain the news Isabel was so impatiently waiting for.

“I cannot thank each and every one of you enough for being here to support Amelia and I. Graduating together wasn’t always an easy task but we made it and I am so proud of the both of us but mainly Amelia. I have some news for all of you, along with my lovely fiancée. I have already been offered a job as of tomorrow and will save up the money I make there to start two companies. My own company which will help those orphaned and out into the foster system, but my goal is to become an international business.” He said with a beaming smile. It was all thanks to Amelia for the idea of the company and now Jayden wasn’t going to stop until it was a reality. “Lastly, another company is in the works. One that has been pushed back because of certain events that occurred. As part of Amelia’s graduation I started the construction of hers and Isabel’s life long dream. Thanks to Dawson buying out the lot, the building is in the works of being built and soon will be apart of the Dallas skyline.” He said softly, watching both Amelia’s and Isabel’s reaction. Seeing the photojournalist in tears at the end of the table, putting her head against Dawson’s shoulder as she wiped away the tears. “I know the two of you will do great things in the world and I believe you contributing to it has been pushed back far enough. Now is your time to show the world what you’re capable of.” Sitting back down, Jayden smiled at his fiancée who sat in shock. Kissing her cheek gently, he gave her hand a reassuring squeeze. “You both deserve it.”

When Jayden stood, Amelia kept her gaze on Isabel the whole time eager to see her anticipated reaction of Jayden’s ambitions. What she wasn’t expecting was the second half of his announcement. When she heard it, she wanted to jump up and run to Texas immediately, but when Amelia saw Isabel statt to cry, she automatically did the same. Was this really happening? Was everything coming together in one day? Finally? It all seemed too perfect to be realistic. Walking over to Bel’s side of the table, she took both her and Dawson into a hug. Whispering a thank you to Dawson, she made her way back over to Jayden and took him into a hug before they took their seats next to each other. If Amelia ever doubted she loved Jayden and he loved her, there was no doubts now. “I don’t deserve you,” Amelia whispered in return before they enjoyed their meal together, surrounded by family.

Isabel couldn't believe this was actually happening. What she and Amelia had only dreamed of achieving would finally become a reality. Isabel would forever be grateful for Dawson and Jayden who were practically the foundation of the entire empire she and Amelia were going to build. Continuing to eat dinner with the rest of Amelia's family, Isabel enjoyed the time she spent with them. It had been awhile since she had seen all the Carson's at once.

Jayden smiled as he looked down at his fiancee, shaking his head at what he heard her say. "No ma'am. Don't think like that. You deserve the world because you give the world so much, Amelia. You and Bel both do." He said with a gentle whisper, kissing her cheek once more before he laughed at their daughter trying to catch their attention. He helped her cut up the chicken tenders she wanted and blew on her mac and cheese to cool it down enough for her. She was a beautiful little girl that reminded him of her mother. The dinner was an overall success and after it all, Jayden was excited to be able to spend a night alone with Amelia, all thanks to the Texans taking Bel for the night.

Walking into their home, Amelia immediately started to disassemble herself of everything that was making her uncomfortable after a long day. Kicking off her heels she left them neatly tucked together by the door, while removing the bobby pins from her straintened hair that felt as though they were protruding into her hard headed skull. Setting half a dozen of them on the end table near the door, Amelia giggled when Jayden pulled her close, kissing her neck playfully while he took in her scent that reminded her of elegance. “Stoppppp!” She whined, but didn’t pull away, only laughed harder when he began to laugh himself, walking backwards until she reached the wall that extended into the hallway. “Is this what you had in mind when you pawned our innocent child off on my best friend?” Amelia asked with a smirk at his guilty grin. “You shouldn’t take me for being an easy target, I’m a highly educated woman! Besides,” she said twirling his tie into her fingers. “I told you, only men in white get to be so lucky. Business men were never my type.” Biting her lip, Amelia looked back to Jayden dauntingly, releasing him from her grip.

Chuckling at what Amelia had to say, Jayden grinned as he put his hands on either side of her head, leaning closer before he kissed her neck again. "Mm, if business men were never your type, then why did you agree to marry one?" he asked her with a knowing grin, continuing to kiss her neck gently before trailing up to her lips, slowly unzipping her dress. "You won't regret it, I promise." He said with a bright smile, picking her up before he carried her to their room, laying her in the bed before he slipped off her dress, letting the moment progress. He was truly in love with this woman and couldn't wait to see where life would take them.

The next morning, when Isabel decided it was safe to bring her niece back, the journalist walked into the house with a bright smile. Setting the sleeping child down in her bed, Isabel laughed softly when she watched Amelia and Jayden walk out of their room. "I assume y'all had a great night." She said with a grin, wrapping her arms around her chest as she gave the two one look over before walking to the living room. She was now alone since Dawson had to fly out this morning so he could make it back to the next show location in time. Sighing softly, Isabel made the three of them a cup of coffee, making her to go since she was heading back home. "I have to head home soon but I wanted to personally thank you for making mine and Amelia's dream a reality." She said with a bright smile to Jayden, giving him a tight hug.

“You’re such a suckup,” Amelia teased before she wrapped an arm around Isabel as she passed by to make her morning cup of coffee. “But you’re my favorite suckuppppp.” Giggling, Amelia winked towards Jayden before she turned back to Isabel. “Thank you did coming and watching your niece. You’ll have to go check out the plot and send me pictures!”

Just then, Bel ran into the kitchen, running for her dad’s leg. “Daddy!” She exclaimed happily, hugging him as tightly as she could when he picked her up and she wrapped her arms around him, kissing his cheek. It was obvious, she was the epitome of Daddy’s Little Girl and that melted her mother right through the once stony edged parts of her heart. “I missed you!”

"Hey now, did you not enjoy your time with me?" Isabel asked her niece, almost offended before she laughed softly at the little girls response. "I'm kidding, love bug." She said, kissing her cheek before hugging Amelia tightly. "I need to head out. Watching Bel was the least I could do. I enjoy every moment I can get with her considering what you and I discussed before. I still haven't mentioned it to him but that's alright." She said gently, grabbing her purse before she smiled at the happy family. "I'll see y'all soon, I hope. Y'all be good while I'm away." She told them, giving every single one of them a hug before she headed back to the airport, returning her rental vehicle then once again boarding a plane to head back to Dallas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back