• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored for Love

Isabel smiled at the kiss she received from him before she kissed him back, sighing softly and contently before kissing his hand that was rubbing her cheek. "I would love to go riding tomorrow. I unfortunately didn't bring any riding atire." She said with a wink, kissing Dawson once more as she cupped his face, pulling away and admiring every feature present upon his face. "I also didn't bring my Nikon. Darn." She added to lighten the mood. "You're so handsome, ya know that Six?"

"So I've heard, but we'll save the ride for another time then, since I know you're just trying to get out of it." With a laugh, Dawson let the room fall silent again, kissing her again. "They like you," he whispered referring to his parents and sister. "They're upset that they made you upset which means they care about you. It's really sweet." Twirling her hair, he watched her phone light up and smiled at Amelia's name. "You might want to look at that," he said seeing the picture of their first sonogram.

Isabel Miles sweetly at the man she loved with her entire being, nodding at what he said in regards to his parents liking her. "I like your family too. They shouldn't worry much about upsetting me. It was my fault." She said softly, looking at the phone and gasping excitedly as she looked at the picture, showing Dawson with a bright smile. "I'm so excited for them." She whispered before looking at him again, kissing him gently. "I would really like to go riding tomorrow, if that's alright with you." She told him sweetly, texting Amelia back happily.

"I'm so excited!! I want a girl please." After hitting send, she set the phone back on the night stand before looking at Dawson. "I love your stubble."

"If you want to go we can. We'll get you clothes in the morning," Dawson replied with a yawn, taking her hands and placing them over his chest, kissing her nose. "I love all of you," Dawson replied sweetly, closing his eyes. He was stuffed after the heavy dinner his mother made and it was beginning to make him drowsy now that his nerves were calmed. Once he was asleep he snored in a light mummer.

Isabel laughed softly at Dawson's statement of loving all of her. It was precious really and she watched him fall asleep before she curled up against him, covering them with the comforter before she began to fall asleep herself. When she woke up in the morning, she smiled as she noticed she got up before Dawson. Kissing him softly she stood and fixed her dress before walking over to the window and opened up the curtains, sighing contently and walking to the bathroom where she fixed her hair and smiled as she felt those muscular arms wrapping around her waist. "Good morning handsome." She said gently, laughing at his request to go back to bed. "It's six in the morning. Time to rise and shine."

"No it isn't," he pouted kissing her shoulder, staring back at them in the mirror. Yawning, Dawson pulled away, wiping his eyes of the sleep he wished he could go back to. "Why are you like this?" He groaned with a sigh before he was submissive and went to change. They had some things to do before he took her to his favorite spot on his parents property. "Let's go," he muttered to her staggering down the stairs and into the kitchen to make their morning coffee before he took Isabel to get riding clothes.

Isabel laughed as she watched Dawson happily, going to change as well before following him down the stairs and smiled at the cup of coffee he made her, drinking it contently. "Just how I like it." She said sweetly, kissing his cheek before she sat with him at the table and smiled at Charles who walked in from being outside. "Well good morning love birds. I'm surprised your up so early, Dawson. I can only assume Isabel is who woke you up." He said with a wink, making himself a cup of coffee before he watched the couple talk to each other. They reminded him of Malinda and him when they were young. "Y'all got plans for today?" He asked them, sitting across from them.

"We do. We're goin' riding today but I have to take Bel to get some jeans and boots first. She didn't bring any." When Malinda walked into the kitchen both Covington men became giddy knowing breakfast was about to be made for the whole family. "Y'all men don;t have to wait for me to cook ya know? What do y'all want?" Malinda asked with a smirk, her hands placed cockily on her hips while she awaited their replies.

"Whatever you make is good with us, hun," Charles replied in an over dramatic sweetness.

"Dad can win you with his flattery, lay those chocolate chip muffins on me. It's been too long."

"Those are good!" Charles agreed with a wink. "I second the request."

"Alright then, chocolate chip muffins it is. What do you and Isabel have planned today, Dawson?"

"He said something about takin' her ridin'. I assume you're taking her to the spot?"

"Yes, of course."

"You'll love it there, Isabel. It's breathtaking, The reason we bought the property, actually." Malinda informed her with a friendly grin. "Did you sleep okay?" she asked in motherly concern, resting a hand on Isabel's shoulder as she walked past her to start making Dawson's request.

Isabel smiled as she listened to the family happily and laughed softly at the two men who requested chocolate chip muffins. The entire family was sweet and Isabel was glad they all got along. She was worried for nothing. Nodding at Malinda's question, Isabel's smile didn't fade. "Yes ma'am I slept well." She reassured Dawson's mother as she sat there and conversed with Charles.

"I'm excited to see the spot. I bet it is a beautiful sight to see." She told him sweetly, enjoying the morning with the Covington's, happily eating a chocolate chip muffin but gasped when she saw pistachio ones. "You know how to make pistachio muffins?" She asked Malinda excitedly, handing Dawson her muffin before she grabbed a pistachio one and ate it excitedly, humming at how well if tasted. "You have to teach me how you make these. I only ever buy mine from the grocery store." She told the social worker with a smile, eating her breakfast contently.

Giggling at Isabel's excited revelation and nodded. "Yes I do, they're my favorite. I was never much of a cholesterol person myself," she explained, handing Bel another and enjoyed one with her. "I'll teach you one day," she replied with a wink. Making herself a cup of coffee while everyone enjoyed their breakfast.

Dawson shrugged towards his girlfriend. "You can like those, more of these for me." Stuffing another in his mouth, Dawson finished it off with the rest of his coffee and grabbed his keys. "Alright y'all we'll be back later, stay outta trouble."

Giggling and enjoying breakfast with Malinda, Isabel felt like she belonged in this family. She knew they didn't mean for what happened last night to happen but Isabel shook it off. She was going to accept that Dawson had another before her. Standing up after Dawson did, Isabel grabbed another pistachio muffin for the road. "Thank you for breakfast, Malinda." Bel said gently before she felt Dawson take her hand and lead her out of the house and to his truck.

"I haven't bought boots in awhile." She said excitedly, enjoying the ride to the store which wasn't far from where they were. When they arrived, Isabel got down and held Dawson's hand once more, walking in with him and went straight to look at some jeans. "Hm, I don't know if I want boot cut or skinny." She explained before looks at Dawson with a smile. "What do ya think I should get? Probably the boot cut right?"

"You've never been on a horse have you?" Dawson asked her with a laugh, before he handed Hera pair of dark colored boot cut. "In riding it's not so much about the look, but comfort and avoiding a rash," Dawson informed her. "The boots are what make it a look. You don't really need them, you could ride in tennis shoes, boots just fit and look better in the stirrups." Taking her hand he lead her to her section and let her pick out her favorite pair.

"Okay you caught me. I have ridden before but I was young and in Mexico." She said with a laugh, following him to the section as she looked at all the boots. She always preferred the classic brown pair and she couldn't help but laugh when she saw Dawson suggest a vibrant red pair. "Those are horrific." She said, not able to stop laughing but calmed down and wiped the tears, smiling gently. "I prefer a classic brown boot with some accents. Like these." She explained as she grabbed a pair with white lining and design. She grabbed her size and tried them on, grabbing a hat and smiled. "Your verdict?" She asked him with a smile.

"I think they're a winner if you like them," nodding in approval he took her purchases and went to pay for them, taking her hand again. Driving back to his parents house, the couple found their way back to Dawson's old room where he changed into one of his typical riding outfits. A red and blue striped flannel with dark colored jeans and a pair of black riding boots. It was defiantly a different look from his pilot uniform but it was one he grew up in and was comfortable in. He missed riding and he was excited to be back on the back of a stallion today. "Are you ready?" He asked Bel while he folded his sleeves into cuffs to the middle of his forearm. Looking at her, he smiled at the way she looked in the outfit he bought her. "You look so cute," he complimented with a bright expression kissing her cheek and letting her take a picture with him in the mirror.

Isabel laughed softly at being called cute. It had been awhile since she dressed like this. She always thought this was comfortable but after taking the picture in the mirror, she set it as her wallpaper before she followed him out of his old room and to the barn where Charles was tending to the stallions. "Well look at y'all. It's been awhile since I've seen Dawson dressed like that and you look great, Isabel." He said with a smile to which Isabel thanked him. "They're all ready to go for y'all's ride. Y'all be careful." He said before leaving the couple and Isabel was immediately drawn to a stunning black stallion. She reached up and began to pet him gently, smiling as the stallion seemed to enjoy the attention. "I like ya." She said softly, smiling when Dawson walked up behind her.

"Me or the horse?" Dawson asked in a laugh, reaching over her to pet the stallion and feed him some grain. "This is Blackie, my sister named him when we were younger so you'll have to forgive him for his name but he'll take good care of ya, right Blackie? You better behave I'm trusting you with my future you better not mess it up or I'll stick ya in the stall next to Felicity," Dawson threatened, knowing Blackie had no tolerance for the young mare. When Blackie grunted Dawson laughed again. "I thought so. Be nice," he whispered petting his nose before he kissed it. Walking over to the other stallion he introduced him. "This is Sicily," Dawson boasted proudly petting the brindle appaloosa .

Blushing at the mention of her being Dawson's future, Isabel smiled sweetly as she gently at the conversation between the stallion and her boyfriend before she watched him walk over to another stallion. By how Dawson boasted, she could only assume Sicily was his favorite. "I assume Sicily here is your favorite." She said gently, petting the beautiful brindle before she smiled at Dawson and kissed him gently. "You're a great man, ya know that." Winking she helped Dawson get the stallions ready for the ride. Isabel disliked being so short because she had to get help from Dawson to get on Blackie, squealing at him lifting her and laughing rather carefree as she held the reigns. "I can't believe I'm doing this." She said with a smile, watching the pilot hop on his stallion.

"Why, are you chicken?" Dawson asked, taking his own reins, remembering the feeling of being in the saddle and relaxed at the familiarity. "Do you need a lesson in horse mechanics or do you remember?" He asked as he watched Blackie try to book it out of the barn. Before he could, Dawson took hold of the reins and stopped him. "I take that as a yes," he said with a laugh, his heart still racing at the thought of what could have happened if Dawson didn't have fast reflexes. "Are you okay there, Whiskey?" He asked seeing the slight panic in her expression. "It'll be okay, he's just excited my sister doesn't ride him much. Just pull back if he goes too fast for ya. Turn them left to go left and right to right. It's simple." But when he saw Isabel was still nervous by the whole thing, Dawson jumped down and tied another set of reins around both their saddle horns and got back atop Sicily. "We'll take it slow today," he said reassuringly giving Isabel his jacket for her to stay warm before he led Sicily out of the barn, Blackie following with an impaient grunt. "Stop it Blackie, we have to be nice, we have a lady with us and she's still new to this. I'll ride ya later, promise." He said to the horse, telling Isabel to hold on before he let the horses go into a gallop.

Isabel was rather panicked with out fast Blackie took off. She held onto the reins tightly and listened to everything Dawson said but it didn't process in her head as she watched him, still panicked. When she was given his jacket she smiled softly, becoming cozy under it as she put it on correctly and laughed softly as Blackie released an impatient grunt. "I'm sorry I'm not a pro at this, Blackie." She said softly, holding on as the horses took off in a gallop. Though she was panicked and worried, she enjoyed the way the wind danced through her curls. It felt amazing out here and her bright smile never faded. "This is perfect." She said softly, looking over at Dawson with a bright expression. "How ya doing there, Cowboy?" She asked him curiously as she slowly got used to riding again. She took in the beautiful scenery of the landscape. It was a breathtaking sight and certainly something Isabel never saw before.

"I'll be better when you are a pro at this," he replied in a kidding manner, slowly the horses down again as the couple began to talk. "Are you warm enough?" He asked making sure before they confirmed on. "We still have some ways to go but I promise it'll be worth it. I won't let Blackie here get too excited." As the stallions treaded through the thin layer of snow and headed towards the brush, Dawson smiled when the stallions realized where they were going. As they walked along the wooden path Dawson kept Isabel entertained by answering all her questions about riding as a child. "I do miss it, but flying has always been more of a passion than riding was."

"And why is flying more of a passion?" She asked Dawson innocently as they continued to tread to the spot he was taking her. She was excited to see it but this trip out to it was calming and relaxing. "What?" She asked him with a laugh as he looked at her, biting her lip before she looked away and tucked a curl behind her ear. "I grew up in the south of Texas. Horses weren't a big thing where I grew up." She told him softly, sighing as she shook her head. "Then again there was nothing where I grew up. I'll always hate that city." She added before looking at the cowboy and pilot. "What made ya stop riding?" She asked him, hoping it wasn't anything tragic like one of her cousins. She loved going out to orange grove and being at her uncles ranch. Laughing at his curiosity as to why she didn't like ostriches. "Let's just say when I was at my uncles ranch, his ostrich and I didn't get along well." She said, laughing again as she remembered that day and shook her head. Oh how she hated that ostrich.

"They are mean bastards so I'll give ya that. But I don't know, I've just always been more drawn to planes but horses are a close second. I bet you never would have guessed that when you first met me," he said, slowing the horses down as the ice covered the ground. Getting off the horse, he reached for Isabel. "We have to walk for the rest of the way, the ice is too much for them and I don't want them hurt. It's not far, I promise," Dawson reassured the journalist taking her hand and leading her to the end of the wooded trail and walked through the trees revealing the lake that just recently froze over, accompanied by the view of the snow coated landscape. "This is it," he said, his own breath getting take away as he laid eyes on it again.

"Mm, too bad I did." The journalist teased as she got off the horse with his help, walking with him the rest of the way and gasped as she looked at the view. The way the pure white snow blanketed the trees and ice was breathtaking for Isabel. "It's so beautiful here." She whispered softly, walking to a better angle for a picture, smiling as she just took it all in. It was a beautiful place and she didn't want to leave anything soon. "Look! An albino squirrel." She squealed happily before she smiled at the curious look her boyfriend gave her. "They're everywhere on the North Texas campus. We called them all Lucky." She explained sheepishly before she tried to walk, falling due to the ice before she laughed very happily and carefree. "I have never done well with ice." She said with a smile, standing up with Dawson's help as she held onto him tightly. "I'm alright, Six. I know how to take a fall. Surely isn't my first."

"I'm sure it's not but I would rather you not when you're with me." Taking her hands, he brushed the snow off of her. "Do you want to skate?" He asked her looking out onto the lake. Walking behind the tree where he told his dad to leave the skates and leaned down to help Isabel change into them once she agreed. "I know you're not new to this," he teased, standing back up, kissing her gently before he changed into his own skates and took her hand. He was surprised that the lake had already completely froze over given it was only November, but he wasn't complaining either. Letting go of isabel when they hit the ice Dawson spread ahead. Today defiantly reminded him of growing up here and all the things he used to do as a young kid.

Last edited:
After lacing the skates, Isabel held Dawson's hand before they hit the ice, sighing softly when he took off and slowly skated around. She hadn't skated for awhile and she missed it. It reminded her of all those hockey games she went to through high school and college but it also reminded her of the time she went skating with Rene in Mississippi. She missed that boy with all her heart and knew she would have to make plans with him. Going into her own little world, Isabel looked at Dawson curiously when he called out to her. "Yes?" She asked him softly, skating over to him and took his hands, skating backwards as she guided him into a soft dance. "I really love it out here." She whispered gently, wrapping her arms around his neck, breathing and smiling when she saw the air from her mouth. She was shivering from the cold but refused to go inside. She needed to get used to this. She kissed him gently, pulling away with a bright smile. "You're so warm." She whispered, resting her forehead against his.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back