• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored for Love

Laughing Dawson couldn't help but wonder how Isabel would think the shoes she was wearing would be okay in such inclement weather. "You could handle the ice if you wore the appropriate shoes." Following Isabel inside, not loosening his grip on her hand. He longed for the feeling of their hands to be clasped together again and now that he had it he wasn't ready to let go just yet, holding on until the last possible second when they sat down across from one another. Dawson's gaze rested on Bel while he watched her situate herself, unaware that he dazed off as he stared, he came back to reality when he heard her voice.Shrugging slightly Dawson just smiled. "Well I like your hair that way so it looks more than fine to me." When the waitress came over, Dawson ordered a coffee, rubbing his numb hands together for warmth.

Isabel ordered the same, sighing contently when it was brought to her. She held it in her hands and enjoyed the warmth it provided before she poured her creamer's and other necessities. She took a sip and hummed contently before looking over the menu options. "I don't understand your attraction to my hair. I don't think I ever will." She said softly, smiling at him before she bit her lip. "What're you getting? I think I want a sandwich." Flipping through the menu, Isabel was overwhelmed with her options. There were so many different sandwiches but she stuck with the usual turkey like always and ordered a water to accompany it.

"Isabel, you don't understand a lot of reasons why I am attracted to you and I've come to the conclusion it's just better to keep them a mystery," Dawson replied directly, sipping his coffee with just cream, keeping his hands folded around the large mug ordering a roast beef sandwich with a cup of chicken tortilla soup. When the waitress walk away Dawson took another sip of his coffee and spoke again. "So what's new? I haven't seen you since we ran both hurried for D.C. How's Amelia? Is she okay?" Dawson asked curiously. He hoped Amelia and Jayden had worked things out and that Amelia was feeling well. "How do you keep secrets like that by the way? That's a pretty big one. It would weigh on my conscious if I was you."

Isabel laughed softly at Dawson's question before she sighed. "It's hard keeping a secret that big. She only kept it a secret for a day before telling me." She explained with a smile, sipping her coffee happily. "She and Jayden are doing well though. They haven't told me the gender yet but I'm excited and ready to hear about it. I think they've decided to live in Illinois together, which I think is swell." She told him happily, sighing contently when her turkey club was brought to her. "I love you, Six." She said gently, eating her sandwich contently. "I'm still nervous to meet your family." She added with a nervous laugh.

"What Texan says swell?" Dawson asked questionably, before going for his soup first, enjoying how spicy it was. "I love you too, but you shouldn't be nervous, even though there is no talking you out of it. I'm telling you, you're going to hate yourself for getting so anxious when you meet them and realize how easy they are to please. Just be yourself, as cliche as that sounds, that's what they hope for. It'll be okay. I promise, love. I won't let it get out of hand if for some bizarre reason it happens." Looking out the window for a moment Dawson watched another layer of snow softly drift down to the streets, covering them in a light scattered white glaze. He always loved the snow.

Isabel took a deep breath as she listened to Dawson and nodded. She knew everything was going to be alright but she was nervous. Very scared and nervous. She enjoyed a well needed lunch with the man who meant everything to her but when the weekend came, she was packed and in the car for the road trip to Dawson's parents house. Isabel was dressed in jeans with a nice shirt and her favorite olive green bomber jacket. When they arrived, she stepped out of the car and held Dawson's hand, smiling as she walked up with him to he front door and walked in, biting her lip nervously. Everyone looked so sweet and nice but she was still worried things wouldn't go right. She still thought about Josie and when she saw a wedding picture on the wall of her and Dawson, all Isabel could do was smile faintly, acting as though nothing was wrong when Dawson wrapped his arm around her. "Sorry." She whispered faintly before smiling at his mother.

"Breathe," Dawson whispered as the couple walked inside. He knew this was nerve wracking for Isabel but he also knew his parents would make her feel welcomed. They knew she was important to him and that she made him happy and that was enough for her to gain the Covingtons respect after everything their son went through in his past. He deserved happiness and they were relived he found it. When Charles and Malinda met gazes with Isabel they both smiled and got up to greet her.

"Isabel! It's so good to finally meet ya, sweetie!" Malinda exclaimed taking Isabel into an embrace while Charles nodded in agreeance and offered the woman his hand. "I agree, our son talks a lot of praise about ya, ya know?" Charles added with a gleam. By now, Dawson had noticed Bel had noticed the picture and wrapped an arm around her for reassurance. He felt horrible. That probably felt like a slap in the face to her and that's the last thing Dawson wanted to happen on this trip. "Yes, this is Isabel, and now that I brought her here y'all can quit asking me to bother her about it."

Dawson's parents were so sweet, especially his parents. Laughing softly at Dawson's statement, she nodded. "Yes, I'm here and excited to be here. Y'all are just lovely." She said happily, taking Dawson's hand and gripping it tightly. Seeing that picture was a slap in the face for her. She had done so well in moving past what she faced before. She moved past comparing herself to Dawson's first but seeing that picture didn't help any. It made Isabel's stomach drop and now she felt sick but she did what she knew best and faked it. "It's a pleasure to finally be here and spend time with y'all. Dawson always speaks very highly of you." She added, following his parents to the living room where she sat on the couch and conversed happily.

"Dawson is always talking great things about ya, Isabel. He said you're a photojournalist. What's that like?" Malinda asked curiously to which Isabel smiled brightly.

"It's a very demanding and constantly changing environment. I love it though. I'm one of the lucky people to be doing something I love everyday." She responded softly, eyeinf the picture once more but cleared her throat when Dawson pulled her close against him. She was thankful when she saw his sister go and face the picture down.

Dawson rolled his eyes playfully at the conversation. "Now you're going to get her going, she loves to talk about her career," he replied mouthing a thank you to his sister as she walked back over to where she was legibly sitting. Dawson knew he would have to do spangle control later, but at least the constant reminder was face down for Isabel now.

"That's a good thing, Dawson. It means she knows what pleases her and you need someone like that. You like to act completely clueless about that and she puts up with your traveling so that's a plus. Did Dawson ever tell you about the time he got to fly the planes in Europe?" Malinda asked curiously, getting up to get some drinks and coming back with glasses of sweet tea for everyone. "He said it was his favorite trip."

Isabel looked at Dawson rather curiously at the mention of him flying planes in Europe. "No, actually. Dawson never mentioned that was his favorite trip. Care to explain?" Isabel asked the pilot next to her, thanking Malinda for the sweet tea before sipping it contently. It was the right amount of sweet and Isabel loved it. "This tea is just right, Malinda." She said with a smile, snuggling against Dawson once more as she listened to his story. He was such a great man.

"What isbyour favorite place, Isabel? I'm sure you travel a lot for work." Charles asked the journalist curiously as she drank some more of her tea before she smiled once more.

"Italy is my favorite country. I love getting assignments to go there. My love for the Italians is rather grand but the culture there is simply unique and something I fell in love with instantly. I also love Vienna. I love covering stories following the art restitution there. It's such a beautiful city yet still so divided between the Jewish community and those who were taught the Nazi way." The journalist explained simply. Dawson was right, she could talk about her career all day and this was always the easiest way to let her warm up to a person.

"You never asked about which trip was my favorite," Dawson replied teasingly to Bel while his mom took on her typical southern hostess role and made sure everyone was taken care of. "Well, I did graduate top of my class and there was an airshow with London pilots to remind the people of our alliance after the many tragedies that took place there. By then, I had only been flying for the Navy for a little over a year and still had to follow formation. But it was still a rewarding experience to say the least. I loved London. Mostly for the people. they are polite and know how to have a good time for sure." Finishing his story, Dawson listened to Bel as she answered his father's question, smiling at her typical elongated answer, filled with excitement. Sometimes he watched her explain something that excited her in what seemed to be like one breath, which made him wonder how she wasn't gasping for air, but he thought it was cute.

"Well that is interesting," Malinda replied sweetly to Bel, her hands folded elegantly in her lap. "You both have done some world traveling and have pretty crazy schedules which makes you more understanding of one another. That's a good thing."

"Your mother is right, as always," Charles added with a content chuckle, his gaze resting on Bel again. "She sure is something, Dawson. Are you sure she went after you first?"

At his father's tease Dawson couldn't help but laugh. "Of course I'm sure. It was an impressive scheme."

"A scheme I am rather embarrassed of but also proud of. It was very good considering it was something I came up with on the spot." Isabel added in addition to Charles's tease. That scheme was well played out and she would forever thank Amelia for helping her with it.

"So Isabel, is your family still in Corpus?" Malinda asked to which Isabel shook her head.

"No ma'am they are not. Corpus doesn't have much and when I went to North Texas my mom was trying to find a better job. She couldn't find one in Corpus so she moved up to Fort Worth." Isabel explained softly and smiled when Dawson's sister said Fort Worth was a beautiful place. Isabel was enjoying her time with the Covington's and their conversations. She was able to forget about the picture.

"We should travel together soon. All of us. Charles and I used to travel all the time when we were like you and Dawson. It gives a sense of thrill and excitement." Malinda said happily and by this time Isabel was leaning against Dawson with a smile.

"I like that idea. We could all go to Hawaii or even somewhere in Europe. Venice is a beautiful option." Isabel said softly, smiling when she felt Dawson's hold her hand.

"Oh, they live here? That's nice. We should all get together some time," Malinda suggested before suggesting travel. It has been awhile since her and Charles had vacationed anywhere and it would be nice to get away for a little while. "All those options sound lovely, we really should try to plan something. It would be a nice opportunity for all of is. Y'all work out your schedules and let us know."

Isabel nodded at Malinda telling her to check their schedules. She knew this trip was going to be fun and exciting. She was looking forward to it and now they all sat at the dinner table.

"My God, Malinda this food is amazing." She said with a bright smile, laughing softly when Malinda told the journalist she could come over for food anytime. She felt very welcomed into the family and that's all she could ask for.

"Oh Isabel! Remind me after we finish eating to show you the photo album my mom has of Dawson. She keeps adding to it even though he's a grown man." Sarah said with a laugh and Isabel nodded, giggling softly. She was looking forward to those pictures.

At Sarah's comment Dawson's eyes grew wide and he jumped up from the table, his sister running after him. "Why would you do that?" Dawson whispered to Sarah obviously upset at her for mentioning the album. "You can't show her this, it's still a struggle for her and now she's going to want to see it because you said something!" Grabbing the album he flipped through it frantically and shook his head at all the pictures of him and Josie. If he took them out there wouldn't be many left since they grew up together. "You're an idiot," Dawson spat to Sarah as he watched his parents and Isabel walk into the room together. "We don't have to look at this, I'm sure there is other pictures we can show her, mom."

At Dawson's hesitation she knew the reason he didn't want to show her the photo album. Sarah had forgotten hat many of the pictures in the photo album were accompanied with Josie. As Dawson flipped through the pages Sarah knew she screwed up but she never realized there were that many pictures of him and Josie growing up.

"Oh but all your cute pictures are in there Dawson. Especially your riding ones. Isabel said you mentioned you used to ride and she would like to see those photos." Malinda said, clueless as to why Dawson didn't want to show Isabel the album but Charles was able to catch on. He rested his hands on Malinda's shoulders and smiled. "We have plenty of other albums we can show her, Linda." He said softly and that is when the social worker remembered what photos were in that album.

"It's alright, actually." Isabel said softly, finding her voice as she fought back the tears that threatened to stream down her cheeks. "I'm getting rather tired and I can feel a migraine coming on so if you wouldn't mind I'd like to excuse myself for the night." She explained, smiling at the family and showing no irritation whatsoever. "Thank you for the food, Malinda. It was wonderful." She added before walking upstairs to Dawson's old room where she sat on the bed and released a heavy sigh. She grabbed her phone and texted Amelia. "Note to self, all photo albums of young Dawson contain Josie right beside him." After hitting send she laid back and stared at the ceiling, allowing the few tears that fell to stain her cheeks.

"I'm sorry, Dawson. We all forgot." Sarah whispered softly and bit her lip.

When Dawson watched Isabel make an excuse and quickly escape he sighed in irritation when she was out of earshot. Looking to his sister when he spoke, his voice full of hurt as he tried not to let his emotions get the best of him. Shaking his head at her. "I don't know whether to me upset with you because you 'forgot' about someone who used to be so important to this family or that you thought isabel would be okay with seeing that right now," he said, his voice slightly cracking. "I know it was accident but you need to be more careful, please."

When Amelia got the text from Bel she sighed when she read it before replying. "I'm sorry love, but I'm sure it would mean a lot to him if you tried to look at those pictures. He wants you to know about him, and she was a big part of his past. He's told you himself he doesn't compare you so you shouldn't either. She was his past but you're his future and he shouldn't be afraid to talk about his past to you. You know it kills him when he upsets you."

Sarah sighed softly as she looked at her brother, taking the album from him before putting it away. "I'm sorry. I'll just stay quiet from now on." She said softly, looking at her parents who both sighed as well. They all didn't realize how hard it was for Isabel still and that she wasn't ready to see those photos yet.

Isabel read the text she received back from Amelia and took a deep breath, sitting back up before she went to grab her medication for her migraines. She felt sick and the migraine was slowly reaching the highest it could. She felt nauseous and went to the bathroom, throwing up the food she just ate before she wiped her mouth with a towel. She knew Amelia was right and she needed to try to talk about his past with him. It was a major part of who he was it was just hard for Isabel still. After taking a shower, Isabel walked out of the bathroom, drying her hair with a towel as she wore a silk night dress and smiled faintly at the sight of Dawson. "Hey there." She whispered faintly, setting the towel aside and sat next to hit. "It's alright, Dawson. Don't be so upset. I'm going to be alright. I should be able to let you open up about your past without worrying."

"I don't want you to be quiet, I just, I just want you to think before you talk. It's a sensitive subject." Walking up the stairs Dawson made his way to his room and laid on the bed, looking at the ceiling when he heard the shower. This was exactly what he wanted to avoid but he knew it was inevitable. When Isabel came back from the shower, Dawson sat up amd looked to her, a little taken aback by what she said. Shaking his head, what she said did hurt. "I can't apologize for my past. All I can do is reassure you that you are an incredible woman who makes me happy, I'm not nor have I ever compared the two of you. I'm sorry that you do. I'm sorry that you think you need to be but I'm not sorry she was a part of my life. Josie was a real person, Isabel. A real person, just like you and she's not something I can just forget and not talk about ever, but I can't stand that it brings you to tears every time. The guilt eats at me unforgivably. Josie is not something, she is someone, and it's not something you need to face. It's something you need to accept and move on from or this isn't going to work. I can't spend my life fighting with you about this."

Isabel sat there, listening to everything Dawson said. She didn't mean to upset him by what she said and she should have chosen a better set of words. Sighing softly she sat there, letting the silence linger before she bit her lip. She was doing what she did best and ruining every relationship she ever had. She crossed her right leg over her left and rubbed her knee awkwardly before she was able to find the words she needed to say. "I'm sorry." She began, staring into nothingness as the silence continued to eat at her. "I didn't mean what I said." She added, choking on tears but not tears because of the topic, tears because she was afraid she was going to ruin what they had. She was good at that. Laying back on the bed, she curled against him and placed her head on his chest, taking a deep breath before she reached around his neck and pulled out the dog tag he still wore. This took a lot for her to say but she hoped Dawson realized it. Rubbing the dog tag with her thumb Isabel shut her eyes tightly and set the memory of Josie down against his chest, her hand covering it as she curled into him. "She was beautiful." She began faintly. "Tell me about her, about you. Tell me everything." Whispering softly, she took a deep breath. This was a big step for her but she didn't want to lose the only man who ever made her this happy.

Dawson sighed. "I'll tell you when you're ready to hear it," Dawson replied gently keeping a hold of her. He was terrified Isabel would never completely accept that Dawson loved another woman before her. "If this is too much for you, I would rather know now rather than later when I've built a life with you." As much as it hurt the pilot to say that, it was the truth and something he needed to know. "This is not a game to me. I'm with you because I expect to be with you, forever, not temporarily."

Isabel felt her heart drop at what she heard the pilot say. She fought back the tears and everything else that threatened to escape. She had too many emotions bottled up now. "I know. I do. I want a forever with you Dawson, I do." She whispered softly, sitting up before she sighed and looked down at the pilot. "I can assure you one day I will be ready to talk about this with you, because I don't want to lose you. I'm going to accept Josie and not compare myself to her. You're the only man who has ever made me feel this way. This happy. No other person besides Amelia has been able to do that and I love you with my entire being, Six." She whispered and looked away. "I'm sorry for upsetting you. You're what I want Dawson."

"It's okay." Was all that Dawson whispered, closing his eyes and calming himself down by listening to his breathing. Once he was at peace, he hoped his eyes. "I don't want to hurt you, Isabel. That had never been my intention. It's just something you needed to know in order for us to be together. I trust you." Sitting up, he pulled her into a tight embrace and kissed her head. "I know where some riding pictures are if you really want to see them."

Isabel took some time to just calm herself down and think about everything that just happened. Biting her lip, she curled against Dawson comfortably, realsing a deep breath before she looked at him with a smile. "Id love that, actually." She whispered softly, kissing his cheek. "I love you, Six. Always will." She whispered to him gently, smiling softly before she watched him EF up to go retrieve the pictures she so desperately wanted to see. She laughed softly as he walked back over and sat next to her, going through the album with him happily. "You look so cute, Cowboy!" She said with a smile, wrestling with him as she felt his hands tickle her. When she was laying back against the bed and he was over her, she smiled and cupped the side of his face, rubbing the stubble on his cheeks. "I love you."

"I love you too," Dawson whispered in a heavy breathe before he grabbed her waist and pulled her in for a kiss. When they pulled away he rubbed her cheeks tenderly with his thumbs and smiled at her beauty. "Have you ever been riding? I think we should go tomorrow. It's cooler out so it'll be easier on the horses to make the trek to where I want to take ya."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back