• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored for Love

"I did not call the safe word, but in your defense, this is that type of situation," Amelia said standing up. "I have to tell you something, and I know at first you're not going to be happy with me, and that's okay, I know I should have told you from the start, but I didn't know how to handle it. Jayden and I aren't fighting." she said biting her lip to deal with her anxiousness. She didn't know how to tell Isabel this news, it wasn't something Amelia ever thought she would just come out and say. In her mind, if this ever happened, Amelia would find a cute way to surprise her best friend. She knew better than to start the way she did with Jayden, that would cause a disagreement in two seconds. "Well, we did, sort of, but not really, but that was after I asked you to come.Yesterday was a long day but it's a little better now, I guess. Anyway, I don't really know how to tell you this." Walking into the kitchen, she grabbed a water and sat at the kitchen table, shaking her head at a loss for words so she just said it to get it over with. "I'm pregnant."

Isabel didn't know how to take the news. She stood there dumbfounded as she took in what she just heard. Her blood began to boil as she grew angry that Amelia didn't tell her about this first. Isabel hated being left in the dark and they always told each other everything. It was irritating and Isabel had to do her best to calm herself although it wasn't possible. "You're pregnant and you didn't think to tell me sooner?" She asked her, acting as if she wasn't hurt or angry over this. "We tell each other everything, Amelia! Did someone else know before me? Someone besides Jayden?" She asked and at Amelia's silence, Isabel scoffed and shook her head. "I can't believe this." She huffed, sitting on her couch and petting Chloe to calm herself.

"Isabel, breathe. I haven't told anyone but Jayden and Lauren and I only told Lauren because she's a nurse. I haven't told anyone else and I'm not going to, not for awhile. I just found out yesterday. You weren't the last to know." Amelia argued, going to sit across from her. "I'm sorry, I should have told you. I wanted to tell you but at the time I thought it would be best to go alone." Amelia knew Bel just needed time to come around now that it was all out in the open. Letting the silence linger Amelia picked at her nails as she waited for her best friend to find her voice again, neither one of them could stay angry at each other long, especially not when they were together. "You can kick my ass if you want," she whispered with a laugh to try and lighten the mood. "I know you're only truly mad because you just lost your drinking partner."

Isabel couldn't help but laugh at what her best friend said, shaking her head as she sighed and bit her lip. "Oh Amelia, why do you always have to make me laugh when I'm mad at you?" She asked with another laugh, calming herself down before she tapped her foot and looked at her. "I'm not mad anymore, alright. I'm just irritated that people knew before me." Leaning back on the couch, the journalist closed her eyes. "I can't wait for you to start showing! I want to be able to show off my niece or nephew. I told you you were going to find love and have a child!" She said matter of factly, excited as she thought about getting to spoil a niece or a nephew.

"Oh shut up, I tell you a lot of things that turn out to be true," Amelia spat back playfully and sighed, going to hug her best friend, sitting next to her. "This changes a lot of things you know? It actually terrified me yesterday thinking about everything that has to change now. It'll be okay though, Jayden is very determined to make it work and I trust we will but I'm still scared," she said in a nervous laugh, moving her arm so Chloe could creep her way into her lap. "If it makes you feel better you'll be the first to know the gender."

Bel laughed softly before smiling at Amelia and nodded. "I hope I'm the first to know the gender," she said happily before sighing contently. Looking up at the ceiling, Isabel put her head back against the couch as she bit her lip. "This does change a lot of things. Are you upset?" She asked softly. "Was Jayden upset? This put a stop to everything you had planned out." She whispered with a sigh. "And I know not having things planned out scares you but I'm more than positive things will be alright. You and the officer started a game plan right?" Isabel hoped Amelia and Jayden started thinking of what to do for their new addition. She knew Jayden had to be super happy because this child and Amelia were his family.

"No one's upset. He's elated and I'm a little freaked out but will come around eventually. We started talking about what to do but haven't had a serious conversation about it yet. We will though," Amelia said softly, laying her head against the chair with a yawn. She was tired as usual lately. "I need to find a new job because the one they gave me sucks. I don't know if I want to stay here, we'll see."

Isabel looked at Amelia before she sighed. "They just threw you to the back burner huh?" She asked with a yawn, shaking her head. Amelia was great at what she did but Isabel knew being pregnant and a journalist usually ever worked out in the workplace. "What do you mean you don't know if you want to stay here? Like move from D.C.? How would that work to Jayden?" She added, biting her lip before she got up to go and grab a water. "It's scary but y'all will get through it. I'm excited for these nine months to be up and meet my niece or nephew."

"They did, which is what I was afraid of but I'm going to try to find something else elsewhere. I don't want to raise kids here, especially not after what happened to me. This was never supposed to be a permenant place, I told Jayden that from the start, but like I said, we haven't really talked about it yet and I don't really have the energy right now to defend myself in another car fight disagreement." Getting up, Amelia went into the fringe for the leftover chicken and started eating it. "You know when I tell my family they are going to be disappointed because I ruined their perfect idea of me by only being with Jayden for a short while. In their minds at first, I'll be a disappointment." Shrugging her shoulders, Amelia poured some tea and smiled when she watched Jayden cautiously make his way back in. Going over, the journalist hugged him in hello.

Isabel sighed softly as she listened to her best friend. She knew everything she was telling her was the truth. Her family was going to label her as a disappointment and living in DC was temporary. Isabel just didn't think everything would happen so soon but she was going to be there for Amelia and Jayden through this. "You could move to Texas. Be closer to me." Teasing Amelia was her favorite thing to do and she loved it. When she watched Jayden walk in, Isabel waved at him with a smile. "Hey there, officer. Congrats on your newest addition." She said happily to which Jayden thanked her. "Did you all eat lunch?" Jayden asked curiously to which Isabel laughed. "You all? C'mon now, Yankee. I thought you caught onto our southern slang." Bel said shaking her head.

"I love you, Bel, and I mean this in the nicest way, but my kids are not going to be Texans. You're enough for me. Sometimes more than enough, depends on the day." Running away from her after that, she laughed in Jayden's arms when he heard him speak. "And they won't be talking like that either, it's y'all love. It won't kill you to say it. I promise." Amelia teased. "I really hope you're not expecting our child to end up sounding like a northerner because it's not happening, and we are not raising a Cubs fan! That's not up for discussion."

"What's wrong with being a cubs fan?" Jayden said with a laugh, kissing Amelia's cheek before he walked over to the kitchen when he smelled food. "What are ya cooking, Texan?" He asked curiously to which Isabel laughed softly. "For once I'm being Mexican and making enchiladas." She said in reply and laughed at Jaydens expression. "Make me some, please?" He asked and Isabel agreed. She knew she was going to sick from eating them but she really wanted some. She was starving and this was what she thought of seeing he left over chicken and tortillas.

"Everything because it's a northerner team," Amelia replied with a wrinkle of her nose before she went to help Isabel find things in the kitchen and left her to do her magic. Walking back over to Jayden she stole another hug and kissed his cheek. "How was your coffee with Nick? Nice?" She asked softly, Amelia was trying to act as she did before because she wanted to believe not much would change between the two but she was still anxious because she didn't know what was going to happen. She had always been like this and that's why she planned everything in her life accordingly. "I'm happy for him that he finally got that promotion he wanted. He deserves it."

Jayden smiled as he looked at his girlfriend and nodded. "I have to agree. He worked really hard for it and I'm glad he got it." He said softly. He knew their child was going to change things around but Jayden would do whatever it took to raise him or her and keep both the baby and Amelia happy. He swore it on his life and as he kissed Amelia's head, he sighed softly. "I love you." He whispered gently, smiling down at the journalist before he walked over to the kitchen when Isabel said she was done with the food. He dug in happily, being content with it. "Your Mexican food is amazing." He said with a laugh as Isabel shook her head. "Thank you, I try even if I don't make it or eat it everyday." She replied before offering Amelia some. "You hungry?"

"No, thank you though," Amelia replied going to sit with them anyway despite not eating like they were. "So what's new with you, best friend? Did you and Dawson make the official plans to meet this family yet?" Amelia's voice curious, placing her hand in Jayden's lap while he ate the lunch Bel prepared for them. Despite what brought Isabel here Amelia was always happy to have her here with her. Amelia hoped now that there was a baby coming, the best friends would see each other more often.

Isabel smiled softly at Amelia as she thought about Dawson. They did make plans to go and meet his family but she was still terrified of meeting them. "Yes, we have made plans but I'm nervous." She said with a sheepish laugh before she continued eating. "I've been busy with work and missing Dawson but this is his last couple of months then he comes home." Sighing softly, Isabel looked at her phone when it went off and smiled. Speak of the devil. She texted Dawson back before she continued to have small talk with Amelia and Jayden. Isabel was happy she was here with them and she hoped she could be around them more often.

"Y'all so cute. We just might have to move to Texas." Smiling, Amelia looked over to Jayden when he looked to her confused. "Bel wants us to live to Texas to be closer to her. Whatta think?" Amelia asked teasingly, letting her accent burst in through her words. "Do you want your kid to be a Texan or what? They might match Nick in his cockiness." Amelia hoped this would open up the conversation as to where Jayden wanted to raise their child. She wanted to know but she wasn't sure how to ask after the disagreement they got into the night before.

Jayden laughed at Amelia, shaking his head before he sighed softly. "My child can be a Texan if we move there but I assure you he or she will not be full blown southern." Hebsaid with a wink as Isabel acted offended, laughing before she looked at Amelia. "How about we meet somewhere in the middle?" He asked Amelia softly, knowing what this conversation was about. He knew D.C. wasn't where he wanted to raise his child and he wasn't entirely sure if Amelia felt the same way. Now he knew she did so picking where to move would be something they have to do together.

"Hey, what's wrong will being 'full blown southern'? I'll have you know my stubbornness and sass, two things that you admit provoked your interest for me are rooted by where I am from. Thank you very much." In an exasperated huff, looking to Jayden in wonder at his compromise. "Some where in the middle like where? That's a wide range ya know?' Amelia was interested to hear Jayden's thoughts and suggestions on the matter that they were faced with now. "Are you sure you want to leave? All Nick used to talk about before i met you was how hard the two of you worked to get here and how this was dream city to serve the people. I wouldn't want to take that away fro you. We can stay, for a little while." While there were logistics that needed to be handled, Amelia didn't want to speed things up between her and Jayden any faster than they were already going, and of course at this thought, she found herself in the same overwhelming uncertainty that she was on the day before. She hated this feeling. She had always been overly sensitive and now was no different.

"I don't know. We could go to like Illinois or Montana. Maybe even Indiana?" He suggested with a laugh, sighing as he listened to what she said. Making it here was a dream that he was able to accomplish. He could always shoot for chief wherever they moved. "I'm okay with leaving. Trust me. I'm sure Nick will miss me but when the time comes for us to leave he'll understand." He reassured the journalist, grabbing her hand under the table and gripping it tightly. "We'll be alright, Amelia. Trust me. I know we will be." Reassuring her Jayden leaned over and kissed her gently. "If we aren't leaving anytime soon, we need to start making a nursery for the little ones arrival." He added sweetly, knowing Amelia needed to talk things out to put a plan together.

"What kind of journalism do you think is going to be in Montana, Jay?" Amelia teased, laughing at the reaction she got out of Bel who overheard the question. "We'll think on it, but we need to find something because I'm not going to work much here.The Post doesn't doesn't see me as being in prime condition anymore." Leaning in to him, Amelia brought him into another kiss. "When we leave is up to you, officer. I don't want Nick to resent me for taking you away." Amelia knew Nick supported the couple but she didn't know how he would react to this news. For the longest time, Nick was really all Jayden had here and now, after being together for a few months, Amelia was hoping for Jayden to pick up his life and move it just like she was going to have to. She wanted what was best for their child, that was her new center goal, but she also knew it was unfair to Nick.

Jayden shook his head as he looked at Amelia with a smile. "He won't resent you, trust me. Y'all are really close friends after all." He said with a grin, laughing at Isabel whose head peeked up when she heard "y'all" slip from the northerners mouth. "There ya go, Yankee! Told ya it wasn't going to kill you." Isabel teased with a laugh before she looked at Amelia. "I think y'all should live somewhere in Indiana. There may be some kind of action for journalism there." She teased, laughing at the reaction she got out of Amelia before she stood up and ran off to the kitchen. "We'll figure it out and everything else we need to think about. We need to go somewhere that is great for journalism and has a good force. We have some researching to do."

"That's for sure," Amelia agreed, still humored by Jayden's southern slip as she watched Bel run off, a little curious as to what she was up to. Sitting on the couch, Amelia pulled the blanket down from the back of the couch and curled into it with a yawn. "What do you want to do today?" Amelia asked both Jayden and Bel as she walked back into the room. "We could go do one of those cheesy bus tours. I like those. Or we could go to one of the museums. Oooo! The History museum is my favorite, they have a whole section for film history and journalism. Oooo! What's today?" She asked realizing it was Friday. "Let's go. There's food trucks in the park and I need an amazing cheeseburger, this one has loaded cheese fries I could cry over right now." Getting up, Amelia grabbed her wallet and keys and waited for Jayden and Bel to follow. She had a craving now and she was on the hunt.

Jayden and Isabel looked at each other before laughing, nodding at Amelia's request and followed the journalist out of her house and into the car. Isabel rode back seat so the couple could be next to each other and when they got to the park, Isabel smiled as she watched the couple happily walk to the food truck to get Amelia's cheeseburger. Isabel was rather exhausted and followed, ordering loaded cheese fries from the same truck. She hummed from contentment and when she began eating them, she gasped when she saw a hand grab one. "Jayden!" She exclaimed until she met Dawson's gaze. Isabel's face had never lit up so much before. "Baby!" She exclaimed happily, wrapping her arms around him carefully before she saw Amelia's satisfied grin. "You didn't tell me he was coming." She whined, kissing Dawson gently. "You have time between your shows or what?" She asked him curiously.

Amelia shrugged, indulging in her burger. "He asked me if he could come. He wanted to 'make sure I was alright.' But it was probably just to see you," Amelia replied, taking another bite and a handful of fries. She was content now.

"I'm offended, Amelia that you think I actually didn't come here for you," he replied with a wink laughing at her stuffing her face before he turned back to Bel. "Don't worry about it. " Returning the kiss, Dawson stole another handful of fries. "These are good," he mumbled in satisfaction. "Let's get some more," Dawson said taking her hand, and leading her back to the food truck to order his own. "So, this doesn't look like an anchor situation to me. You worried me," Dawson confessed. When Bel described the best friend's anchor word qualifications it sounded serious. "Are y'all okay?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back