An SAO-Like RPVRMMORPGRP

If You Do, Why Do You Enjoy Playing MMORPGS?

• The Social Aspect

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • The Challenge

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • The Classes and Skills

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • The Adventure & Story

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
ah, very cool, good to know more details haha, and if you need any help plz ask, i can try my best at just about anything you could need

@Azure Sky

Ahhhhh I forgot how difficult you were  9_9 . Well okay then. I warned you!

@infinitetech

Don't worry! Yes. I am certainly keeping you in mind. The RP is not quite there yet to begin critiquing. It's still a formless mass of stuff.

Ahhhhh I forgot how difficult you were  9_9 . Well okay then. I warned you!

tumblr_mk2ulcEDVE1rcj8eco1_500.gif

ah, makes sense, and i was thinking more of tuning it up haha, but thats the inventor in me i guess

Hey all. So for my last Group RP project, I'm going to shoot for the moon and tackle something that's ruined the lives of many of GMs. Sword Art Online. However, I want to say this won't be a Sword-Art Online copy. This will be a Sword Art Online-like role-play. There will be a virtual reality element, but it won't be the same story/premise as in the fandom SAO. I don't want to make a clone of that :smile5: . This RP would be more lighthearted and give focus to the MMO experience. More specifically: class builds, teamwork, and skills. That's what I want to capture with this. Other minor focuses would be items and PVP.

This RP is meant to be wacky and a little over-the-top, so I will be going for a silly and nonsense kind of vibe as well. Not to say it can't get serious -- just that it won't be purposefully edgy. It will have a dice system and that's what I need help on. I already have the outline of stats on what they do, but I want to condense everything. I don't want people having to figure out a ton of sh*t just to play. I want to streamline the dice and stats as MUCH as humanly possible. Streamlined, but intuitive, and exciting. That will be my goal for the dice system.

So yeah. Expect levels, experience points, and travelling. I will do my best to streamline those too. I want this to be fun, yet challenging, engaging and quick to get into. If anyone would like to help (seriously) me work on this, please let me know and I'll post what I have/am working on, via PM groupage. I'll mainly be directing things, but will be open to suggestions that fit with the RP. I would appreciate sounding boards that tell me what sucks and what doesn't.

Important Note:

We are NOT making 100 floors. Sorry. We will only be making 1 floor/area. If that 1st floor/area comes out well, then we can think about doing more. We are not making a full experience. So Guilds, server events, and all that other stuff will be left out. If the 1st floor/area comes out well and it's liked, then we can think about working on extra things.

Again. If anyone is interested in signing on, let me know!

I'm certainly interested. Will it be a "you lose, you die" game like SAO, or a "normal MMO with a dark secret" like .hack?

I'm certainly interested. Will it be a "you lose, you die" game like SAO, or a "normal MMO with a dark secret" like .hack?

Neither! *smirks*

It's not an MMO, but it is MMO-like. There is no dark secret, but there are secrets. If you want to read the history and most recent posts, go ahead and do so to get a feel for things. The link I posted above. I planned this out for 12-14 people and we're around 12 active CSs, so if being unorthodox and having a dice system doesn't put you off, let me know. I'm not too keen on accepting people late and by this weekend, I'm moving forward no looking back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back