• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy An Otaku's Life! [Reboot]

Ariel

The Mermaid Slayer
Supporter

1IvPrPe.png

mLwfOzO.jpg

Ohayoo! Hajimemashite.

(Hello! Pleased to see you.)

"Hello, Senpai! You can call me kouhai. I will be here to guide you through our world.

A world where school uniforms are a must, where schools have disciplinary committees and your teachers are called sensei. It's rude to call someone by their first name until they give you permission. You would love if your crush made you a homemade bento box for lunch. You say itadakimasu before eating your meal. You do not wear shoes in people's home and exchange the shoes you came to school with for the shoes in your locker that you must wear during school. It is uncommon not to be part of of an after school club.

This is the world you crave to live in, right, Senpai? Now you can! Don't worry, you're not alone. This is a place every Otaku can live out their anime fantasies. Imagine every anime trope and stereotype in one place. And that one place is right here.

Ganbatte!"

(Good luck!)

Hey, so, let me give you some background. This is an old roleplay I created a couple years ago. Oof. I find that a lot of roleplays in the fantasy section tend to be very serious on the fictional setting spectrum and put a lot of emphasis on intense situations and powerful characters. While that can be fun, there's a lot less slice of life and relaxed roleplays to take part in aside from the average "fantasy high school" roleplay that still has a lot of the aspects I named and very little plot. This is a reprieve from that. I want to create a roleplay that's funny, maybe a little heart felt, a little silly. I might add a few fantasy aspects, nekos are must, right? But it won't be the focal point of the roleplay. The point of the roleplay is to have fun and relax. Live out your anime dreams. The likes.

Still, with that said, I of course want there to be some plot to keep it interesting. Maybe a club, or a school event. I've always enjoyed Yandere Simulator ideas and am tempted to even incorporate something like that into this roleplay.

There will be a limit to the amount of players in the roleplay at one time. I find that with many more players, it is hard to keep things organized and going off on a tangent, which is a major killer when it comes to roleplays. And it is not first come, first served. Some people take longer to make sheets than others, I understand that. I will not hold spots and will not accept characters until they are finished. I also will not be a specific number out there of how many players I will allow, I will accept how ever many I feel will be acceptable to the roleplay. If you want to be accepted, your character sheet should not only be detailed but unique with a character that can fit into the setting.

And if it wasn't clear by how I want the character sheets this is a detailed roleplay. I will place no maximum or minimum on posts, but will say that anything below a paragraph and consistently short posts will be unacceptable.

Last edited:
*adjusts glasses and squints really hard* Yup... really hard to read.

I use vanilla RPN. And I also made that code like 2 years ago. My bad

That roleplay seems a bit..... too orderly for me , lmao my preferred character is feral wild and probs be breaking rules the second he got there XD and it's not even by intentions XD

I'm open to chaos and rule breaking.

Just depends on the type of chaos and rule breaking~
the world of anime has it all

Seems plenty of fun, but what/who exactly are our characters? I get they are the students, but the way the roleplay's intro was phrased it almost seems like we're supposed to play self-inserts

Seems plenty of fun, but what/who exactly are our characters? I get they are the students, but the way the roleplay's intro was phrased it almost seems like we're supposed to play self-inserts
Our characters are all high schoolers in your typical anime high school ranging from first to third years. It will take on a slice of life kind of style roleplay with a plot, I assure you.
I was actually planning to put up a poll as I am caught between a couple ideas
- Yandere Sim. style or, a game of sorts to figure out who the yandere is and who the "senpai" is as the yandere would be chosen randomly and the senpai would be chosen by the yandere. Although this one would probably veer off from the original plan too much.
- The plot is centered around a group of students part of a particular club or group. Most slice-of-life esque.
- A sandbox anime style roleplay with all of the tropes and possibilities. Hey look there's a neko maid over there! Wow, there's a yandere there! Look at that busty, clumsy, nerdy girl who fell over and now her skirt came up. There's a girl who is running to school late with toast in her mouth, oh my goodness~ But it's all normal and everyone can interact as they please. I will still incorporate events and the like but this one is more or less free form and what I'm leaning most towards as it is what the roleplay was when I first created it. By no way is this one serious.

But everyone would make OCs, if that is what you mean.

Our characters are all high schoolers in your typical anime high school ranging from first to third years. It will take on a slice of life kind of style roleplay with a plot, I assure you.
I was actually planning to put up a poll as I am caught between a couple ideas
- Yandere Sim. style or, a game of sorts to figure out who the yandere is and who the "senpai" is as the yandere would be chosen randomly and the senpai would be chosen by the yandere. Although this one would probably veer off from the original plan too much.
- The plot is centered around a group of students part of a particular club or group. Most slice-of-life esque.
- A sandbox anime style roleplay with all of the tropes and possibilities. Hey look there's a neko maid over there! Wow, there's a yandere there! Look at that busty, clumsy, nerdy girl who fell over and now her skirt came up. There's a girl who is running to school late with toast in her mouth, oh my goodness~ But it's all normal and everyone can interact as they please. I will still incorporate events and the like but this one is more or less free form and what I'm leaning most towards as it is what the roleplay was when I first created it. By no way is this one serious.

But everyone would make OCs, if that is what you mean.
If that third options is not chosen in the end, how free to delve into anime tropes and such are we for our characters?

Through and through, every option will have anime tropes. It's the point of the rp. I want it to be fun and silly. Nothing too serious.

I will vest my interest as a "maybe" then. The degree of liberty I get with the character in the end will likely be the deciding factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back