• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Paolumu

Your Friendly Neighborhood Poof

dcsbjjt-52cff3a4-215c-4aa4-9158-77d8ee3783d1.gif

[3:40 PM]
█ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ █
10 / 20 / 2018
Despite the weather channel’s claims of a nice fall day, Zeus thought differently. Over the trees, oppressive clouds loom over with the threat of rain, and the stickiness of grass below you shows they’ve made bite with their bark during classes. Like it was god’s warning, the Self Defense Club is a 20-minute walk from the dorms unlike all the other clubs that rest in Ylisse itself. It doesn't even seem like it's run by the school. As you stroll forward, bush and twigs hit your face, the twisted path is completely shrouded by the nature that school brags about having. Normally there’d be students spending their free time here hiking, but with the weather, who could blame anyone for wanting to stay inside? However, that doesn't help with the rumors. It's so.. Creepy here. Why would they ever allow the Self Defense Club to be hosted here?​

Hidden by foliage, the dojo has been pure since its original days of being a place to train the bootcamp’s most elite soldiers for war. Over campfires, hushed students with flashlights under their chins will tell tales it was to test them for their bravery, the place being ‘haunted’ by their fallen comrades. It didn’t help that it’s been an attraction for Supernatural TV producers and merchandise alike, so the ‘haunted’ dojo became.. Well, a bad omen. And maybeacashcow--BUT that was until recently, when the school’s popular pig-tailed girl proposed to have a club there. It was ironic that the owner of the brightest smile would choose such a dark place but regardless, with help from the gym teacher, and blood, sweat, and tears, they refurnished it over the course of 2 months.

155-1559042_birds-on-wire-png-bird-on-a-wire.png

As you pass, forty eyes follow you. Crows, the school's symbol for disaster, peering down at the you from their wire thrones..
What mess have you gotten yourself into?

≿━━━━༺o༻━━━━≾

cynthia intro.pngsakura intro.png
line25.gif

"So, ya think people will come?"
Cynthia didn’t mean to blurt out the way she did, but the silence wasn’t doing her any favors.​
Walhart and Sakura both eyed at her, in the middle of sipping their tea, but she occupied herself with the fusuma at the entrance. Trees spiral across the paper doors, their blossom dressed branches hypnotizing her just enough to ignore the pit that’s settling in her stomach. With this kind of art, it’s no question why Lon’qu was popular with the girls. Too bad she wasn’t artistic herself... A clink echoes as Walhart sets down his teacup on the chabudai, inhaling deeply. “I sense anxiousness?” Cynthia’s hands urgently balled into fists. “Ha, me?! Heck no! I’m all wired up!” She let out a few demonstrating punches into air, which caused Sakura to giggle. “It’s alright Cynthia. Even though I just advertised, I can’t help but feel anxious myself.. Um,” hiding her long sweater sleeves in her lap, the student council member’s eyes ran around her surroundings, inquisitive and cat-like. “It’s definitely improved since the last time I was here. Just getting power and plumbing to work in on itself is a miracle. However, it’s.. Ah.” Decades of washed out graffiti still clung to the paper walls. Even with Cynthia’s rather.. Untraditional attempts to cover it up with motivational posters(“Reach for the moon! “Be yourself!”), many spots remained neglected. Sakura particularly winced at the one that said ‘Student Council can die’, the ‘die’ crossed out and replaced with ‘be happy!’ in what she could tell was sharpie. What’s the most polite way to say this..? Besides the tatami mats and the redecorated tokonoma, it didn’t represent a professional dojo at all. Many new foreign things got implemented with the help of Cynthia, rainbows of balloons, fairy lights and streamers sprinkled about the room to distract from the discolored walls. Meanwhile, western-style fold up metal chairs and tables stuck by the entrance, full of items ready to greet those who enter. The nametags, judogi uniforms and the snacks on the tables she could understand, but why were there empty notebooks and fuzzy, blue pencils...?
“I-it’s.. Pretty!” She beamed with a wavering smile. Technically a truth, it was indeed very pretty, but.. “I know right!” Making a raspberry with her mouth, Cynthia leapt up from the cushion. “And they called this place ‘creepy’, pah! This’ll show ‘em!” Stupid Cynth, she told herself, of course it would get people! Ever since Walhart bonked his head against the entrance door, her mouth’s been drooling over the scent of the still steaming plates of Tsukune and Grilled Rice Balls he brought along with him. If the appearance didn’t buy them, food would surely warm up their hearts! Maybe she should have a bite--no, wait, c’mon, inner will! She needed to get out of that tempting smell zone! “Nghhh--I’m gonna run outside to keep an eye out!” "Good l--," Sakura opened her mouth, but by the time sound came out, the blonde was already dashing through the first set of painted doors and onto the genkan, slipping on sneakers. “Ah.. So energetic..” She mumbled distantly, causing Walhart to snort. “Of course. What else do you expect from a girl that runs faster than the words flying above her head?”
After sliding closed the shoji door, Cynthia took in the overcast day with a great sigh. Despite being slightly foggy, it didn't stop at how vibrantly cherry red the trees were this time of year. When she was a child, she used to collect these leaves and make lanterns out of them with her mother--maybe she could pay back Lon'qu and Sakura with some? In the midst of her planning, she stepped down the engawa, however, the student managed to slip over a wet leaf with a big "OW!"
Aw man, at least she wasn't wearing her uniform.. Still! This was her favorite t-shirt.
henry intro.png
line25.gif

'Anne of Green Gables'
It was last Saturday night, and the library's dimmed lights made the whole room look shades of caramel. Henry stood in, organizing the science section when the other librarian tugged at his sleeve, a stout girl with green braids. What was her name again, No, Nuh-uh? Anyways, his joke about her tininess earned him a good scoff and a shove to the chest, but instead of leaving, her hands stood there. When he checked, there was a green-blue book being held to him. "A heartwarming story about an orphan," she mumbled. ".... You look like you need it."
He still can't decide whether or not that was an insult, but here he was anyways.
The bark against the tree was rough and damp, but Henry didn't mind it, not when he had.. Other things to worry about. It's been an hour, maybe two since he ditched class to hang out here, flipping pages near the 'haunted' dojo. That club is opening today. That annoying, popular superhero-obsessed girl is running it. He had intentions of going, although..
Henry gave out a deep exhale, the back of his head thudding against the tree as he gazed up to the overcast clouds. He'd stopped processing words a few pages ago. By all accounts, today was supposed to be amusing. A nice break.
"Warum verstecke ich mich..?"

.... - - .--. ... ---... -..-. -..-. -.. .. ... -.-. --- .-. -.. .-.-.- --. --. -..-. --.. ----. -.... ---.. --. -.-. ---.. -.-.

Last edited:
Marisa still as one track minded as ever, still running around getting in some endurance training. Her face still blank as ever, ignoring everything around her, but her mind thinking about all the people that hang around her. Many people around her think she's cool as she's beautiful and dangerous, along with a habit of not talking cause of how cool she is. Which was further from the truth, she actually never been good at talking. So any act of silent intimidation was pure chance.

Her train of thought was interrupted when she saw an inconsistent white peering though the otherwise green trees. It was just Henry reading another book, and hanging outside a dojo it seems. A dojo doesn't seem like his style, then it clicked Marisa remembered people talking about the self defense club opening today. Reluctantly Marisa approached the dojo seeing that it's been worked on extensively. Before entering the dojo she checked it's perimeter seeing signs of wear and tear, plus obvious hard work put in. After she looped around she stepped in a bit nervous, soon she faced her first obstacle the genkan. Nervously she slipped off her shoes and stepped in, rounding the corner she eyes instantly stared at the gym teacher. She has never been on good terms with him, due to her lack of concern for her studies over her training. She quietly stepped back as if this was all an accident, and they never saw her.

"THE OWL"
Arvis angrily stormed through the underbrush, tugging a particularly stubborn twig out of his hair. "It had better be worth it.", he thought to himself. "Not for my sake, but for Deirdre and Azel." He shook his head, trying to banish unbidden bad memories away. His father-No, Victor, the man had long since ceased to be his father- was rotting 6 feet under and would bother him and Azel no more.

Rounding the corner, Arvis noticed a figure face down in front of the dojo. Stepping closer, he noticed the blonde pigtails and immediately scoffed. Of course that annoying popular girl was the one the one sprawled in the dirt in front of the dojo. With a flip of his hair, he passed by the girl, "accidentally" kicking some dirt up at her as he passed to enter.

Last edited:
◢✥◣
╔════▣◎▣════╗

749e6fb299454ee541c6606dbaa2996a34694c55v2_hq.jpg

╚════▣◎▣════╝
◥✥◤

• Stretching each limb and letting loose a quick yawn, Ike smirked as he looked up at the clouds as he exited the school building and through his backpack on his shoulders. It was going to rain. Perfect. It would raise the stakes as he headed towards the forest. 20 minute walk, people said?

Watch him nail it in a few minutes.

Pressing the stopwatch button on his watch and putting a pair of earphones on, Ike tightened the black ribbon tied around his head before he got into a runner's position. He might as well give the clock a head start as he set himself a track to listen to on his run. Kicking up dirt as he darted forward, his legs carried him over root, tree, and brush, bringing his arms up as he slammed into branches, which snapped and bent out of his way as he kept his pace. Lungs heaving as he ran faster and faster, careful not to trip as he leaped over anything that looked like a root or log.

Not a care in the world. Just him and the run. Nothing else mattered and yet everything seemed to make sense. He did not hear the crows, nor the the approaching clouds, or anything for that matter. Just the slam of his shoes against ground and the music in his ears.

Rounding around a tree, Ike's eyes widened. Someone was in front of his trajectory towards the dojo, reading a book while leaning up against a tree, not a care in the world. Stopping now risked him possibly colliding with the fellow male student, so Ike made the only other choice he could. He leaped over the bookreader.

And he soared.

Hitting the ground, Ike peered over his shoulder and gave a quick salute of a wave, "Sorry! In a rush! Nice book!"

Ike shook his head as he continued a few more paces before raising an inquisitive eyebrow at the scene before him. There seemed to be a bit of a gathering near the entrance of the dojo. Normally, he would take it as people hanging out near the entrance for a friend or out of nervousness, but considering that one such female student was face down in the dirt, another female was backing up out of the dojo and had the possibility of stepping on previously said other female student, and a red-haired bloke who thought it was a good idea to kick up some dirt. Ike might have been a bit dense with social interaction and not very good when it came to the social circles and hierarchy of the school, not that he cared anyway, but he was pretty sure that was not something you did for good reason.

Ike slowed down as he approached and removed his earbuds. He might as well give a helping hand. It did not matter if he knew none of the faces and names here. Ike was not exactly an extrovert in the true sense of the word. He could speak his mind anywhere and at anytime, but he was not much in the way of making acquaintances or remembering names and faces of people he had little to no interaction with.

Wait, was that the definition of a loner?

Questions aside, Ike extended his calloused and rough hand towards the girl who landed face first on the ground.

"You okay?"

Whether she took his offered hand and he helped her up or not would not stop Ike from what he did next. Just who left a person lying on the ground like that? Ike did not pick fights, but right now he was not exactly his usual coolheaded self as he turned his face towards the redhead guy who kept walking.

"Hey you! What's your problem? You like messing with people who are already down?"

Ike sighed. Calm down. Get back some control. Do not start a fight. That's what got him into trouble before. Think. What's more important here. He blue eyes shifted back to the girl who had fallen down and the other girl who appeared to be leaving. He felt he should say something else, but nothing else came to mind. The high from the run was wearing off and his frustration was following suit. Now, he had no more outbursts left in him.

He settled with just giving a last and simple statement towards the pair. He should be capable of that. He might not have been perfect when it came to the language or words in general, but he could nail something simple.

"Um, I'll head inside unless either of you need anything else from me."

He sniffed the air. Food. He could smell food inside. A plus to help even out the minuses as he sought to turn towards the building and enter if no one else decided to interact or bother him.

Man, was he hungry right now. His stomach attested to that fact with a singular growl.

Last edited:
Peregrine

Joshua strolled through the brush carelessly. He was making his way towards the now refurbished dojo, far from any other building on campus. Honestly, it was maybe too far any ordinary student would have gotten lost. Luckily he wasn't ordinary, granted neither was any student at this school but that wasn't important. What was is the fact that these trees and trails were quite a familiar sight to Joshua. He had scouted and explored every inch of this stretch of nature instead of going to class during his first year.

"Oh, what does lady luck have in store for me? Is it a shiny coin on the road to brighten my day, or a rock to trip me on my journey through life? It doesn't matter, for I'll wander alone and only lady luck can tell what to do or say." He sang happily off tune. Joshua continued his making his way through the trees and various flora of the path until finally he had found the dojo. When he had first discovered the dojo it was dirty and the walls were scribbled to the brim with graffiti. In other words an utter wreck, and he loved it. But the school had done its fair share of renovations in preparation for the club and the super-secret awesome clubhouse of Joshua's bachelor pad was no more.

He reached down and picked up the sword at his side. It was a simple iron long sword that he had gotten from a blacksmith back in his home town. There wasn't any engravings or fancy technique used in the forging process, but it was well made and sturdy. And that was good enough for him. Grabbing the sword by the sheath, he used the hilt to knock on the door. Knock Knock. Not wanting to wait for an answer, he swung the paper door open. The loud sound reverberated through the dojo "OI Cynthia I'm here to pay my debt! Who here needs a sword lesson?!"

Turtle Dove

Deirdre followed Arvis, curious about this school, so here she was, tagging along like a lost puppy. “There’s a dojo here, right, Brother? Are we going to join?” She looked at the blonde girl with pig-tails, then apologized, she had seen Arvis kick up dirt near her. “I-I’m sorry...about that!” She looked at her older brother. “Arvis...you shouldn’t do that to people! You do want friends, right?”

"THE OWL"

Arvis sneered, turning back around. "Friends?" He spat the word out like it was a curse. "I don't need friends." He crossed his arms. "Friends will just drag me down." He tucked a loose strand of hair behind his ear as he turned back around and walked into the dojo.

Taking off his shoes as he entered, Arvis stared in disgust. The annoying blue haired one who had yelled at him was here, along with a loud red head waving a sword around. These people definitely didn't seem like the people he'd hang out with all. Plus, despite the "months" of work claimed to be done to fix the place up, it still seemed like a dump.

Deirdre looks around, smiles, and musters out a ‘hello’. “H-Hi....! M-My name is Deirdre.....! I hope we can all get along!” She took off her shoes before entering, of course. “And the man with me is my big brother, Arvis!” She looks at the dojo, it seemed run-down. The wooden floor was worn from so many people stepping on it. It felt nice and cool beneath her feet. Got to be careful not to slip....

Last edited:
The Flamingo

Hilda walked down the forest path leading to the club's meeting place. Looking up at the darkened sky, she prayed to god it wouldn't start raining. Apparently, that was all she could hope for as she had been walking through the woods for around 30 minutes already (a walk that, mind you, was only supposed to take 20 minutes, but she'd stopped to remove leaves from her hair many, many times). What were the odds she could find someone tall, strong, and hot to carry her the rest of the way?

Brushing another branch out of her way, Hilda wondered for the gazillionth time why she had decided to join the club. Well, she knew why. Her parents would killlll her if she got kicked out of this school. Bringing shame upon them, shame upon her brother, etc. Then she'd really be the family pariah, not even marriageable. She needed the extra points that came with joining.

After stepping out from yet another bush, she finally arrived in front of the refurbished building. Hilda gave herself a few minutes to look it over while attempting to fix her appearance. The building definitely looked creepy. Better than it did before they'd fixed it up, but definitely still creepy. Smoothing out her skirt one final time, she hoped she didn't look like she'd been traipsing through the woods, and walked forward towards the entrance.

Hilda flounced into the dojo, passing a muddy Cynthia on the way in. Who knew why that girl was covered in dirt? And Hilda had decided it was probably best not to ask (once she got started, Cynthia could really talk your ear off). Now inside the dojo, she deposited her shoes near the front, wishing she could have kept them on. Not that they were made for whatever happened in a dojo, or walking through the forest for that matter. They were just really cute. And she didn't exactly want to be barefoot in the creepy building. Jeez, imagine what her parents would say. Rules were rules though, Hilda thought as she started looking around at the faces of the others in the dojo. Anyone she knew? Not really, well, no one she was close friends with at least. Was it really too late to fake some sort of dramatic fainting spell or illness, and leave?

The Pitohui

Marisa being her antisocial self exited the room shyly holding her right forearm. She kept a blank look that would intimidate most people, as she stares directly at them. tightening her grip on her arm she starts to examine all of the students around her, and running background checks on them in her head remembering their names, and gossip related to them. Marisa being the lass that she is has a great deal of information of the students her, since she let's people talk instead of doing the talking. Her although not being the best person here, as her reputation of a no-show as well as seeming to vanish at random.

She gazed at the dojo admiring it, seeing all the hard work and little details in it. it needed more work, but the effort already put in was immense. She also gripped her arm nervously being around many people. Her reputation around the school is being a ghost, she doesn't show up to classes no-one hardly see's her. She barely talks and can been seen at night training for no reason. So being around this many people made her very uncomfortable, but as her father said "If your comfortable it means you aren't improving". In her daze she tripped over Cynthia, quickly regaining her balance she looked down on the fallen Cynthia. Bending over she wrapped her arm under Cynthia arms, and locking hands over her chest she picked up Cynthia with relative ease. She began to silently dusting off Cynthia blankly looking at her.

Frederick Vanderschild
She swiped a finger across her phone, and sent a message to her boss at her part-time job. As much as they were understaffed today, it was simply impossible for her to come in for work tonight. They'd just have to make do. She shut her phone, stuffed it into her pockets, and finally looked up at the dojo that she was approaching. Previously, it had been nothing more than a wreck, having weathered through time by itself. After the war, it had essentially lost its place in the school. It was only because of a certain girl's idea that it had been revitalised. Frederick gave a snort of satisfaction. She was one of the students that had been roped into the renovation, and she was proud to call it a damn fine job. She couldn't say the same for the assortment of accoutrements the club captain had furnished the place with, though. She rubbed her gloved hand, as she observed the club from a distance away, noting the other students that came in, as well as watching the club captain take a particularly messy trip into the dirt. She took mental notes of each one that passed by the poor captain. Most were clearly only there for the hell of it. This was the Going Home Club of the academy it seems, and Cynthia, as positive as she was, should know it. Frederick sighed, and pulled her glove tight upon her hand. She strode forwards towards Cynthia and her newfound companion.

"Dreadful," she commented simply, as she brandished a handkerchief, extracted from one of her pockets. "A stray leaf and uncertain ground are enough to bowl you over. You don't particularly strike a imposing figure, you know?" She gently pushed Cynthia's companion aside, and wiped the mud off the girl's face firmly, then offered the same service to her companion. "Do you have a change of clothes? I assume the dojo has somewhere to clean up after practice." She pointed at Cynthia's t-shirt. "I also suggest getting that to a wash as soon as possible if you want to keep wearing it." To tell the truth, however, it was most likely done for, unless tended to as soon as possible. Mud stains do not go easily, especially if left long. With some persuasion, however, Frederick could probably remove those stains if she had the time. There were many techniques to do just that. She had spent a bit of time cleaning both hers and the young master's clothes of mud and blood. The young master would disagree, though, choosing to toss ruined clothing into a furnace rather than try to clean it up.

The Fairy Penguin
Ack- cough cough 'Ugh the room is all smoked up! You can't do anything right you imbecil!' The chastising from the red haired woman continued as she tried to clear the smoke with her mishap prone roommate before the sprinklers went off. "I- I'm sorry I was just trying to make dinner for practice. Umm it did'nt turn out to terrible." Felicia puts a container with a black substance that cant be identified into her backpack. "Severa I'm sorry I'm going to be late I owe you one!' The Red haired woman glared at Felicia as she charged out of the room! "Feliciaaaaaaa AHHHHHH" Felicia knew she would have her work cut out for her once she returned to her room but, her mind was adrift jumping to the tasks she needed to complete before the days end. "Ah I need to mess-" she ran into a student while trying to text and sprint down the hall. After recovering and apologizing she continued her way towards the dojo. She hoped she could make a difference or at least protect the students while they learned. The location of the run down dojo was on the end of a path lined with forestry. Rushing forward hopefully to not be late for- her thought was interrupted by the alarm ringing on her phone. *XX30 for Extra hours at Salon de Thé Luvond tomorrow.* "Wh- wait did I get my dates mixed up for the club?"

After her small shifting through her phone realizing she was in no danger of being late. Or was she? She had forgotten to add the time of arrival for the club meeting confident she would have remembered. Looking to the darkened sky she had hoped the rain would hold off until the night or at least until she had made it to the building. she spotted a horde of crows line across a lighting wire staring down at her. Her spine started to creep up into her shoulders as she took off down the path. "Oh please. Oh please dont be anything scarey." She thought continuously while traversing until she found a few people outside the building. She stopped to catch her breath and look at everyone. Wait I mentioned she stopped by slipping and almost falling into a near puddle right? She has her hands in the puddle and a face full of muddy water trying to figure how she going to get them both clean.

D22d5p6XgAEfS0y.png
Lucina Ylisse

The wind whipped around her sleek helmet, as she slipped between traffic with ease. After having an incident over dinner last night while trying to bring the meal back to her room that ended up with her food falling out of Lucina's hands right onto the filthy ground. The second youngest Ylisse child decided to skedaddle off-campus on her Yamaha bike named 'Falchion' for a quick last-minute run for a proper meal via nuggets and fries to the fabulously greasy fast-food chain with a set of golden arches anyone could see from miles away when approaching. In an effort to at least have something in her stomach before having to deal with everyone in the dojo especially her younger twin brother. Now would she make it back on time? Probably not as traffic began to increase from everyone trying to get home at once, but did it really matter being on time? It is just another check to her example list in life. Lucina slowed to a stop as she pulled into the school's parking lot taking up one of the smaller parking spots. Locking it as she pulled her helmet off, resting it under her arm while grabbing the brown paper bag of food from the bike's storage compartment. Making her way to the school's dojo as she munched on some fries that she would indeed not share with anyone.

Last edited:
Robin and Morgan Komadori
"The Robin and the Hummingbird

*sigh*

Robin looked up as he stood under an outcropping outside of his dorm, staring up at the dark grey sky. "At least it isn't raining..." he thought, taking out his phone to check the time. They still had time...good. He and Morgan always went to the Self-Defense class together, one because Robin wanted to keep a close eye on her, and two because they simply wanted to spend more time together. She was late...well, later than she usually was. Morgan was always...enthusastic about the class, moreso than her brother. Robin didn't much care for the club. Not the people, just the idea itself. He was only here because he had to, because it looked good on a sheet of paper. Morgan, though...he wasn;t sure why she was so excited. Maybe she was just a bit less jaded than he was. He contemplated this as he stared down at his phone, not aware of the goblin approaching him from behind...

"SNEAK ATTACK!"

Robin pivoted his head just in time to have his younger sister pounce onto him like a wild animal, giving the most aggressive noogie in the history of Japan. Robin pretended to resist for a while, only to humor Morgan. "You know, screaming "sneak attack" out loud kind of ruins the sneak part of sneak attack...have you been hanging out with Owain?" Morgan laughed nervously, hopping off her brother's back, scratching the back of her head nervously as she muttered, "Uhhhhh....no? Yes? Maybe?" Robin smirked, punching the younger gir's arm as he said, "It's fine. I'll keep your secret...as long as you keep mine." Morgan cocked her head at Robin's words, saying, "What, you mean your old Sonic O-" Robin immediately clapped his hand over Morgan's mouth, looking around nervously as he whispered angrily, "I thought we agreed to never speak of that!" Morgan nodded, mumbling something under his hand to affirm the agreement. Robin released her, Morgan panting as she said, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I forgot!" The older boy simply shrugged, saying, "Whatever. Let's just get to the club."

The siblings arrived at the dojo not long after, Robin sliding open the traditional paper door as Morgan ducked under his arm and shouted, "Hey everyone! Ready to kick some ass?!" Robin went off into the corner without saying a word, nodding at those he passed. He had a feeling he felt like that one kid that thought he was a cool lone wolf, with his dark hoodie shrouding his eyes, his hands in his pockets, and his slouched, too cool for school slouch. it was honestly because he was just really awkward and wasn't sure how to talk with them. So he jus sat in the corner, waiting for Walmart to get here...

Owain Ylisse
"The Parrot"

"RADIANT DAWWWWNNNNN!"

Owain swung his mighty blade down with the force of a thousand exploding suns. The Nippon steel cut through the bamboo like a cold knife through hot butter. At last, he had mastered the blae. While everyone else was talking to girls...

He was studying the blade...

Until he got a text from Chrom. "It's almost time, Owain. Don't be late again or Mom will be pissed." Owain sighed, simply replying with an "Ok." And he was just getting good at the katana training app! He poutily put his phone away and headed for the dojo. He joined the club for one reaosn and one reason only: to master the blade. One day, he would be the greatest swordsman in the world, rivaled by none. Too bad they didn't teach Kendo...he didn't understand! A katana was the most effective form of self-defense! Why wouldn't they teach it?

Just as Owain was about to reach the dojo, he spotted a familiar blue haired figure. "Lucina." The bane of his existence, horrid villain...and his twin sister. And she didn't see him. He could only grin. He slowly crept up behind her, in hid own mind he was a shinobi, undetectable. In reality, he kicked a few rocks and was as loud as a cow with an airhorn. And just when he approached her, he raised his hand high above his hand, and brought it down in a mighty chop as he shouted at the top of his lungs, "SACRED SWOOOOOORRRRDDDD!" In his mind, he had her. There was no way she could dodge his ultimate technique...unless...

She had already surpassed him long ago...

She had...

Crimson Rose Crimson Rose

Last edited:

The Barn Swallow
After a warm thank you, the colossal figure next to her had already taken to putting away the tea. Both of them were silent in this exchange, and she suspected they were both waiting for the same thing. Sakura pressed the fabric of her soft sweater between her nails, listening out for the inevitable thud to.. Ah, there it was!

Time to help up Cynthia again.

She stood up from the cushion and walked forward. How relieving it must be, to simply run away your anxiety like that. Her father would’ve lectured her for how she bit her lip as hard as she was right now, but that’s not much compared to how he would lecture her about finding out that.. Ah, that’s unusual, she didn’t think about these things in the presence of others. Usually family thoughts only came during late nights she lies awake due to Lon’qu’s snoring. Was anxiety contagious?
KNOCK, KNOCK. “OI Cynthia I’m here to pay my debt! Who here needs a sword lesson?!”
The red bulb of hair flung in the voice’s direction, hands flinging to her chest in instinctive fright. “A-ah—! Sorry!” She wasn’t exactly certain why she was apologizing. Maybe some hidden part of her didn’t expect anyone to come? Quickly bowing, Sakura tried on her typical smile. “Greetings, but ah, I’m not Ms. Aetos, please forgive me!” Being used to having to lift her chin to make eye contact with Walhart, the move came naturally when the other redhead turned out to be impressively tall. “She just went outside. I think she’s..” Words fell out of her tongue when she caught another fleck of red in her peripheral vision just outside the sliding doors, except this one was a familiar shade.
Arvis? That... Can't be good. Sakura never made word with him unless another person in student council accompanied them, but he didn’t really seem the type to want to teach others and seemed plenty capable of defending himself. Unless.. He came here with bad news? Or worse, he was trying to shut it down. Adverting her eyes back to Joshua, Sakura gulped down her newfound anxiety, shoulders tightening to prepare for the oncoming judgmental stares and insults. “I think she’s tripped, o-outside, um, somewhere..” Deep breaths, Sakura. Deep breaths.

The Dove
The funeral service for her ruined t-shirt ended abruptly when a cloud of scratchiness entered her throat and stung her eyeballs. Arg, not again! She must’ve landed near a bunny and scared it so much that it created a dust cloud! Darn it, Cynth, that's the third time this month. The girl wept after she rubbed out the grime in her eyes. The glistening, bald head of Saitama on her shirt now had a splotch of mud placed perfectly to make it look like hair. "Nooooo!" Her hero didn’t look that handsome!

“You okay?”

One eye squinted open, she could make out a hand being held out to her by a blur of rich dark blue. Like it was second nature, her hand brushed the other away and she got up on her feet by herself. “Nnnnnnyeah! I just uh, did some sit-ups and landed on the ground too hard that time, geheh!” She did a dramatic pose. “Aetos, Hero of the Sky is a-okay as ever! Bu—woah, mister! D-don’t get too angry at that bunny!” Out of all her predications today, causing bunny verbal abuse wasn’t one of them. She made a mental note to leave out some more carrots on the front deck than usual this afternoon as she let Ike calm down with a worried look on her face. “N-nope, I’m fine. Hold on a second, I’ll walk ya inside!“ Turning around, her eyes brightened to see that two redheads were steps in front of her. She had no idea her place could attract so many! Were... Gingers the target of bullying in Ylisse? Why, that’s unacceptable!

Just as she got the newfound determination to march on forward, she was pushed backwards with a yelp, but this time, it felt warmer than it did cold. “Oh no no, are you okay?” The blush on her face wasn’t from the fall; she fell into people enough to become immune to the embarrassment of being subjected to an anime romcom cliche. Instead, “I got mud on you too! Um here, let me help you out—,” just as she began searching for an item to wipe Marisa with, a voice interrupted her thought. “Huh?” Like her mouth was unstoppable, it refused to cease even when an assaulting handkerchief caused her words to come out muffled. “Oh, hi Freddy! I could hug ya if I weren’t all, you know.” She let out a giggle as Freddy moved to Marisa. “Geheh, thanks, I sure hope I’m not imposing, I want my pupils to feel accepted after all! And my uh," she coughed out the rest of the dust, "shirt is nothing to worry about, all my clothes inevitably end up like this anyways. Excuse me, I gotta get back inside! Ah, sorry about the fall pink haired girl!” She turned with an extra bounce to her step. Hell if she would let falling twice in a row and ruining her favorite shirt get to her!

The Crow
When a flash of colors flung across the sky, Henry closed his forgotten book out of habit. A bird, a plane—oh, it’s just an average kid. In response to the wave, he raised his brows at the blueberry headed monkey, confusion quickly turning into amusement. Well. He guess he couldn’t have expected much, blending into scenery wasn’t exactly his specialty. “Today’s leap day and nobody told me? Boy, I need new friends!” The student shook his head, keeping a smile on his face all the while. Shame, now that his hiding spot was foiled, getting up sounded more like an obligation. Any normal person seeing a guy with circles under his eyes reading a book about an orphan in the trees as they train would be.. Understandably uncomfortable. But it’s a good thing he likes being creepy. With a sigh, he found his recollection of the faded ink pages was a complete muddled mess. He slid his finger slid under one, about to get ready to find whatever page he left on, but…

“SACRED SWOOOOOORRRRDDDD!”

Like a spring had been pressed down and released, Henry got up to his feet after slipping his book and nearby package of bandaids into a backpack. Forget about reading, idiots screaming was Henry’s calling. Flopping the the backpack on, the mud on his back and the bottom of his bag clung together like long lost lovers. The stains would probably earn him a few looks, but who cares? A cheerful face popped from out of the trees. He truly felt like a hidden forest goblin. “I hear ambush! Can I join?”

Last edited:
The Pitohui
Marisa waved Cynthia off "it's nothing" she barely muttered. Seeing her focus diverted, Marisa used opportunity and disappeared. Upon looking around Marisa thinks that she has shown up early, compared to the flood of people coming in now. The lass being as shy as she was escaped into a few trees she was not the best in social groups to be frank. While alone she took a few leaves to wipe of the minuscule amount of mud on her. After waiting a bit she collected her cold persona, griped her arm, and went back to the dojo. Now there were many people so hopefully she wouldn't be recognized.

Upon re-entrance of the dojo, as well as the discarding of she shoes. She took in the interior of the dojo this time seeing that everything was mostly intact. She gripped her arm tighter, as she wandered the dojo forgetting of everyone's presence for a moment. She encountered a multitude of cuts, wear, near a minor details, but it was still standing so that was a huge plus. The next thing she was gonna do was rather rash, but she wanted to test the floor structure. So in a rash move she jumped up and down for a bit, seeing if the floor would give out, to her dismay it didn't. She continued to poke around muttering "This is good", as she was completely lost in thought.

◢✥◣
╔════▣◎▣════╗

749e6fb299454ee541c6606dbaa2996a34694c55v2_hq.jpg

╚════▣◎▣════╝
◥✥◤

• Ike glared as he gritted his teeth for a moment before sighing and rolling his shoulders. Turns out the redhead with the attitude and tendency to kick mud onto others had a sister, and said sister had tried apologizing for her brother. That was not the point at all for why he had called him out. The redhead jerk needed to apologize to the person he chucked mud onto, not his sister, and not to himself, Ike, of all people.

"This is gonna be fun," he said without a hint of a jovial tone.

Back to the girl who had fallen, his offered hand had been refused, swatted away on the pretense the girl was a superhero who needed no help. Aeto-something, Hero of the Sky or whatnot. Honestly, he would have raised an eyebrow, shrugged, and moved on. Trying to be a hero was a naive goal and pretending you did not need help was naive as well, but, after all, it was just a simple fall.

No, it was the lie that got him for a moment. Sit-ups are when you face up away from the ground. She was facedown when he saw her. Maybe she was trying to save face, but she was supposed to be a hero, right? Just be honest. Everyone falls.

"Lying doesn't suit a hero, One Fall Woman."

Believe Ike, if he knew more about this superhero complex the girl had, and the little powerpuff nickname she hated so much at the time, he might have went with it. But for now, his quips were limited by his lack of information on anyone. The only thing he had to go off of was the Saitama t-shirt. Do not let anyone tell you that just because Ike was an American he did not know a little about Japanese culture.

While the superhero girl was being swarmed by a few other girls, Ike just strode past as his hand touched upon the door handle. A few more steps and the delicious food would be his.

You know how he said everyone falls? Scratch that. Woman fall a hell of a lot more than men. Statistically proven. His evidence? The girl in the maid outfit decided to follow the superhero girl's fantastic example.

Maybe he was getting a little cranky because his stomach growled again, but he looked up at the sky before turning around. This was the last time he was playing good Samaritan. He was not even going to bother to pay attention to the noises coming from the direction of where he had jumped over that one guy reading a book. Probably some horseplay or something like that. Oddly, he smelled french fries. His stomach grumbled again.

He could make it. Just one more person to try and help before he got the hell out of Dodge and got inside. His precious food could be eaten up and swallowed whole already!

"You need help or do you have a hero complex too?" Ike offered another hand, half expecting the outstretched limb to be batted away similarly as before, "Pretty sure there are towels inside or something."

His stomach protested against his actions once more. The tag team of the smell of french fries and the food inside the dojo did not do wonders for him. Back on the current matter, he did not have anything on his besides his jacket to wipe away the mud on the maid. Best to see if anyone else could help with that particular problem.

"Hey! Suit lady! You got a handkerchief or are the clothes just for show? We need a cleanup on Aisle Six!"

He needed to watch the quips when he was hungry. That was borderline almost rude. Hopefully, the aisle joke would balance that out.

Just help one more person and he would skedaddle inside and gorge on whatever food was inside.

Peregrine
"Outside huh? Guess I'll just wait here for now." Joshua will say, scratching his head. He'll keep listening to Sakura until she stops mid-sentence. Following her line of sight, Joshua will turn his head to see a fellow Redhead walk into the dojo. "Hey Arvy what are you doin here?" Joshua questions, his smirk turning into a wide smile at seeing the uptight man. "You need sword training? I'd be happy to give some tips!" He holds the sheathed sword up as proof. "Especially to you gorgeous!" Joshua exclaims upon seeing the girl hiding next to Arvis.

rmzdoglover rmzdoglover
quinnthedruid quinnthedruid

Deirdre gives a polite smile, and blushes a teensy bit. “T-Thanks for the compliment...but....we came here to join a...self-defense club? Is this where it is?” She smiles again at the red headed man. “I-I already have a boyfriend....sorry....h-his name is Sigurd.”

Last edited:
"The Owl"
Arvis glared at Joshua, his eyes narrowing into slits. "How dare you address me in such a manner!?" He hissed, wrapping an arm around Deirdre protectively. Despite her mentioning that stupid boyfriend of hers, Arvis had doubts that the other redhead would just cease his flirting with Deirdre. Of course, as he had proclaimed to his sister, he had no intention of befriending any of the weirdos here, but to keep Deirdre happy....Like slipping into a mask, he let his lips curve into a hint of a smile. "Ah, forgive my sudden outburst, it is just...We barely know each other and you've already given me a nickname?" He asked, his voice slipping into the tone he had reserved for speaking with the rotten lout he shared blood with.

Turtle Dove
Deirdre moves away from her brother, and gives Arvis a mean look. Then looks back at Joshua. “Your rather friendly toward people...ah...my brother doesn’t like people...sorry that he was so mean to you....”

The Pitohui
Marisa stepped through the dojo checking it out. Her feet cautiously move forward, for as old as it was she wouldn't be surprised if it just collapsed. While being all alone she could hear people talking, yelling, interacting it was really nice, but Marisa didn't want to be apart of it she would just get in the way of the conversation. Quietly Marisa sat alone looking at the time on her watch, which was on the underside of her wrist. While also listening to everyone through the paper thin walls, as dojos weren't known to have sound prevention, just paper and bamboo. Marisa was thinking about the all the years she spent in a dojo, her dad relentlessly training her. Her years as a child and teen was working out and sparing with her dad, which she lost all the time having to get up again alone.

Sitting there she checked the time it seeming to flow slower then usual, Marisa shrugged at this and felt like sleeping. She looked around trying to find somewhere safe to sleep. She eventually found a spot of the floor laying down on her right side completely still. This wasn't the first time she has slept on the floor before, she slept on the floor for training, her dad placing swords around her outline so if she turned in her sleep she would get cut, then punished. She forced herself to sleep by doing the count to 3 method. Hold breath in count to 3 breath out count to 3 take another breath hold for 3. Rinse and repeat until she fell asleep. In her dreams it was void she just lost her sight, but she could hear everyone's conversation feel the vibrations in the dojo. This was a skill that was forced into her brain by her dad, who always forced her to be fearful of him. In the end Marisa never knew was his endgame was, but she hated it all the same.

Peregrine
"Of course you got a boyfriend! Sigurd huh? Sounds like a lucky guy, might not want to gamble with him anytime soon. And don't worry about it just like you, my heart's set on someone else." He sighs and a small bright smile comes to his face. Quickly it disappears into the large grin he had before. "Self Defense Club? Yup this is the place." He answers "Although it hasn't quite started yet. Cynthia's somewhere around here, she'll get things running in a bit."

Looking at Arvis a certain gleam of amusement appeared in Joshua's eyes. "Your a bit bipolar aren't ya?" He questions suddenly "Well we're all crazies here so can't be too surprised." He takes off his hat and rubs his hair embarrassingly. "Sorry bout the nickname Arvy but I can't believe you don't recognize me. I've been dragged into the Student Council room so many times, you'd think you could at least remember who I am." Putting his hat back on his head, he clears his throat and speaks clearly and confidently as he was taught by his numerous tutors. "My name is Joshua or Peregrine as the school likes to call me." He holds his hands out and gives a warm reassuring smile. "It's a pleasure to meet the both of you."

quinnthedruid quinnthedruid
rmzdoglover rmzdoglover

Arvis crossed his arms, exhaling. "I suppose I have seen you before." He said. "I don't tend to pay much attention to who comes and goes in the Student Council room, so I suppose this counts as a first meeting." He uncrossed his arms, giving Joshua a stiff bow. "It's nice to meet you, Joshua. You've got guts to flirt if you have your heart on someone else, if that's even true." He muttered the last part under his breath.

Deirdre gives a small smile. At least he’s being a little nicer.....

“You...have someone else, Joshua...? Then why were you flirting with me?” The long haired girl looks at Joshua.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back