Advice/Help An idea for roleplay

Comicwolf

Searching for writing partners
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey there,

Lately i noticed one problem in groups, its finding a permeant rper for a role....even if its not a long term role or a person wants to understand the rp before joining full time. So i have thought of a new idea, what if we had temp roles?

What is a temp role?
-a temp role is a short form of temporary role, not permanent.

Pros of temp role:
-allows rpers to get a mindset of how the group works and to see what the rp is about
-only needed when tagged
-is only there for one arc
-after role time ends, they can stay or give the role back to the GM/creator of group.

So what do you think, will it work?

Oh! I saw this once in an old forum! It worked so wonderful back then xD Cause some people had to leave and others got busy, but those roles had already "ended" their part so they had no trouble in going away, someone else took to fill the role and the GM had a good explanation on it, I think the idea is really good.

Another good solution is “off screen vacation/mission” when I was in a group years ago I had to go offline for a bit so I told the GM and they literally said my characters went on vacation to visit family. I think the folks I was talking to at the time were also informed so had their characters help write my character out of the action.

I also had a time limit in my own roleplays. “If you don’t post in a week your character goes on vacation.”

Now this worked mostly in stories where every character was “temporary” in the sense that no one person was moving the plot along.

Another good solution is “off screen vacation/mission” when I was in a group years ago I had to go offline for a bit so I told the GM and they literally said my characters went on vacation to visit family. I think the folks I was talking to at the time were also informed so had their characters help write my character out of the action.

I also had a time limit in my own roleplays. “If you don’t post in a week your character goes on vacation.”

Now this worked mostly in stories where every character was “temporary” in the sense that no one person was moving the plot along.
I like the idea, mostly when i had a rper go offline for awhile we mainly just had them go on a 'mission' it works well with dc marvel rp school
Since it basically meant we would work around that character gone

When a new rper takes over their character gets news of everything that happened while they were gone.

What is a temp role?
-a temp role is a short form of temporary role, not permanent.

Pros of temp role:
-allows rpers to get a mindset of how the group works and to see what the rp is about
-only needed when tagged
-is only there for one arc
-after role time ends, they can stay or give the role back to the GM/creator of group.

So what do you think, will it work?

Depending on the role, this would totes be something I'd be down for. Like, if their was a villainous aspect: like criminal thugs, bandits, minions etc. That only need come in at certain points. If it was a character I think I could do justice, I think this would be quite fun to undertake.

Depending on the role, this would totes be something I'd be down for. Like, if their was a villainous aspect: like criminal thugs, bandits, minions etc. That only need come in at certain points. If it was a character I think I could do justice, I think this would be quite fun to undertake.
Im mainly suggesting this for any rp group.
Though i am adding the temp roles in my groups for any role

Im mainly suggesting this for any rp group.
Though i am adding the temp roles in my groups for any role
well, i think as a general idea this sounds really fun. Kinda sorta of reminds me of the old school drop in/drop out RP style we did on message boards back in the 90's. In that you don't need to be constantly present (or even necessarilly up to date) on the whole RP to add in your part.

well, i think as a general idea this sounds really fun. Kinda sorta of reminds me of the old school drop in/drop out RP style we did on message boards back in the 90's. In that you don't need to be constantly present (or even necessarilly up to date) on the whole RP to add in your part.
👍
But you would only be needed when tagged helps especially when you can work a schedule around it

👍
But you would only be needed when tagged helps especially when you can work a schedule around it
defo sounds like a neat idea.

Personally, tho... schedules are hard for me to keep up on. Like, if they are pertaining to timezones and such or posting on specific days.

defo sounds like a neat idea.

Personally, tho... schedules are hard for me to keep up on. Like, if they are pertaining to timezones and such or posting on specific days.
Ik
But most perfer that. Since you get tagged you would have to reply within a certain time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back