• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy ~ An Icy Encounter ~ High Fantasy f/f - f/m ~

Kiss and Cry

⁖⁛talking to the moon⁖⁛
Hey there! My name's Kiss and Cry, and I'm 24! I'll spare you the introductions in longer format, and just hop right into it!

Slow and shaky footsteps moved along the long, worn out cobblestone road in the dark of night. Now out of the narrow alley connecting to the main road, a slender, hooded figure dragged her feet, one deliberate step at a time. The figure's pale, trembling hand landed against the side of the wall, using it for support as she came to a halt. Just one more step. But she couldn't. Her legs refused to move any further than this. A tiny, visible cloud of misty fog emerged from her mouth with every winded breath she took. Quite the uncommon sight during a warm, summer night. Even with the moment of rest, her body was starting to fight against her.

To say that chills ran down her spine was a severe understatement - there was a never-ending, freezing ache in her bones that made existing itself a challenge. The hand placed against the wall lost its strength without any warning, sending the hooded figure quickly sloping down on the ground, against the wall. Now sat down, moonlight illuminated what was a rather youthful face, although a deadly pale one. Strands of bright, white hair shook against her face as she trembled uncontrollably on her spot, the clear, almost crystal-like, blue eyes closing soon after. The cold was beginning to consume her. She was not long for this world. Sat against the wall of local general store, in a small town. It wasn't how Evelyn had imagined her fate would come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Long story short, I'm looking for a partner to a fantasy RP, where magic is a key element, namely the elemental type. You know, fireballs, and the like. Only few have access to those powers, but those that do, have their names known throughout the world. Naturally, with that fame, comes along responsibility as well. War is inevitable in a world like this, and the nations participating will do whatever it takes to have that magic on their side.

As for my character - the one in my small writing sample - she is one of the "lucky" few with these powers. The affinity for ice magic in this case, however, came with a pretty sizeable downside, as you could probably see.

And this is where your character comes in; you essentially have freedom to be whoever you wish! Maybe someone with powers themselves? A mentor figure? A "normal" person? Sibling? Whatever ideas you have, I'm all ears! The same also goes for a lot of the other aspects of the world and plot itself. I've purposefully left a fair bit blank about the world, and even my character, because I'd rather work on everything with a partner, instead of dictating everything by myself~

What I'm hoping from you:
  • 18+ (I would feel uncomfortable writing with people much younger than me, especially if romance is involved.)
  • Good grammar - I can't call myself a proper wordsmith, and English isn't my first language, but I still want you to try your best with writing!)
  • Please have your replies advance the story or dialogue somehow! - There's nothing worse than having to do all the story progression yourself, while the other person just writes out their character's inner monologue. I won't require huge blocks of text, or multiple paragraphs as a response, as long as we both drive the RP forward!
  • Please tell me if you want to take a break or quit the RP! I get a lot of anxiety from the uncertainty of maybe getting a response, maybe not, so it would be really appreciated if you could just tell me that you don't want to do it any longer - no explanations necessary!
I hope you won't find all these rules and other info too restricting and off-putting! I purposefully left a lot of the plot and character details open, to give you the freedom to suggest your own ideas to implement as well!

Hit me up if you're at all interested - hope to hear from all you lovely people~! (❁´◡`❁)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back