• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic ≪ An Ark called Sin ≫ [CLOSED]

AiDEE-c0

evil flower blossoming cutely
Roleplay Availability
My Interest Check
Blackbox Type M>format DIVERGE

>Exposition formatting has been initiated...

sin header.png
Last month, the Earth was fully recognized as a doomed entity, riddled with Malice. It was an ironic fate for humanity, which thought itself untouchable up to that point. After all, being technological gods driven by science and logic, who could've possibly expected mankind's demise to dwell in the most basal of its impulses? Specifically speaking, it was a disease that inspired them, drove even the most innocent of doves to revel in bloodshed; Hereditary Evil Raiser syndrome, or HER for short.

As a last-ditch attempt of preservation, unafflicted researchers were gathered in groups of 72 to board spaceships called Arks. Escaping to outer space, it was hoped that these vessels could create the seeds of a future, better humanity. Among them, the Chance Seven carried a crew like any other, curated heavily by the Frontier assembly. To prepare for their herculean task, the ship was fitted with a Black Box Type O, an almost magical tool designed to simulate an entire virtual reality, together with more esoteric functions. Onboard, the scientists worked tirelessly to program a subject to monitor, a universe in which to observe the human condition and learn from its faults, mistakes and progress.

Unfortunately, this progress came far smoother than anticipated, raising rightful concerns over the virtual mankind approaching true self-awareness. In response, looking to prevent its inevitable study of parallel worlds, half of the group urged their colleagues to shut the Black Box down, while the other refused to agree with such a notion. Verbal disagreements shortly turned into scuffles, and the Chance Seven mysteriously wandered off course. In the end, the last thing that the researchers experienced was the blaring of red lights and the tremors of impact.

In such dire situations, dire solutions have to be taken...

>Exposition formatting has been concluded.
>Elaboration formatting has been initiated...

a longer line.png

>Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy
>Form: Narrated Sandbox
>Expected Player Count: 3-6

>DM Character: No

Heya! If the concept above has caught your interest, this is the part where you learn exactly what it is I'm going for. I am looking for a small(ish) group of people to DM a sandbox-y, open world for, influenced by both the players and dynamic world events fully out of their hands. While the approach to them is quite free-form, there are, however, hosts of goals and conditions, as well as natural conclusions to the narrative set in stone. These are here for the sake of structure and pacing, but shouldn't ruin the freedom to act provided.

The place of the player characters is simple; after the crash of Chance Seven, through the meddling of uncertain hands, the spirit data of the deceased crewmembers became trapped within the Black Box, transferred to the virtual universe it hosted. With the device irreparably damaged, it is up to these researchers to adopt new forms and navigate out of the accident they've caused, or simply absorb themselves in this new chance they've acquired. The premise is not unlike that of Overlord (the anime), except with less undefeatable godhood involved.

Before the crash, your characters would've, of course, been scientists and researchers of various kinds. Do you need to be an expert biologist, hacker or psychologist because of this? Nah, not at all. Unless your express desire, there'll be very little need to actually engage with much science. The focus is centered around the exploration of a foreign world, after all. The few things I expect from my players are to not already be buried knee-deep in like a hundred other RPs, to be able to post at least once a week and a decent handle on grammar.

Lastly, this roleplay is based off the Evillious Chronicles, a rather obscure franchise you can read about if you want. Going into this, you don't actually need any knowledge of it, other than what is covered in the opener. No canonical characters will be making appearances and all the necessary concepts I'll explain naturally. Guess you could call this a standalone AU?

All the usual site rules apply, of course~

>Edit:
Here's a Discord link for anyone interested - Join the ≪ An Ark called Sin ≫ Discord Server!

Last edited:
I've been trying to remember where I heard something like this since the last RT and I found it, sort of, the premise reminds me of the ending of SOMA. Consciousness living in a satellite on the space. I'm in. Prepare for steel-plated knight riding a Ferrari to combat a cyborg dragon, or something like that.

For those interested still not in the Discord, it'd be preferable if you joined~
Makes communication and counting numbers way easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back