• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Aria

Aria chuckled at Kotsu's offering to help her buy some dress. This was the third time someone offered to help her pick some clothes. Her master's older sister yelled at her several times for having such a 'gothic' fashion sense, whatever that means. She wrote on the notepad.

Thank you, but I think I will pass this one.

Owl's and Sam's bickering was rather confusing for her, hence she didn't gives any comment. She wasn't good with technology but from what she understands, blue Owl was angry at Sam for sending virtual hologram into her laptop while Sam was angry at blue Owl for trapping her virtual hologram inside the laptop?? She was thinking that Owl should just delete it and Sam should just make another copy of it, problem solved... Maybe after this mission finished she should pick up some computer for dummy books.

The whole theater was shroud in darkness and the team's members found themselve forced to take a seat. Some accepted it, others were drag into confusion, as if it were to be adding more to the joke, all of them were properly dressed for the event.
Denton approached the man in the stage, his face was obscured by the poor illumination as well, but a very detailed inspection would reveal the man had no face at all; it turned its "face" to met Denton yet said nothing; a couple faceless well dressed men arrived and patted Denton in the shoulder
"Sir you can't be here ... wait patiently" And then... He would find himself sitting in the chair.

They waited roughtly half an hour, regardles of their actions they would find themselves sitting in the comfortably chairs. The man in the stage stood there motionless as if it were to be just a mannequin

And then suddenly without any advice, a strong light illuminated the center of the stage upon the man, this was followed by clapping, many hands were clapping. As light allowed it, the party, who was sitting at the theatre's platea, realized all the seats were occupied by different people, men, women, some youngers others older, still between 20 to 50 years old, all well dressed for the occasion.

The man at the center of the stage now wore a face, Fizzy's face without his sunglasses and without half a skull over it as his sandland's appearance looked like.

For roughly a minute the clapping continued until it ended. And then Fizzy spoke

"Thank you, thank you for such warm welcome" He fixed his necktie.

"I'm very thankful as well as having all of you here, I wasn't expecting such a big public. I specially welcome the guest at the platea"
The man looked like Fizzy and his voice sounded equal, but there was something different about him

"At first I was a bit nervous I admit, I wasn't sure what was the best way to tell this story. I decided to let the sandlands speak for it. Apparently a theatre play was the best. I titled this play, The Guilt of a Man. It's a comedy which relates the tale of a man called Fritz Roy and how his life made him become the man who he is now.... and also his crime and guilt. It's composed by a total of 72 acts, each of one t...."

Fizzy touched his ear, there wasn't an earpiece, but he did as if there was to be one.
"What?.... too many acts?... all right all right I get it.... Another problem?.... What? That's a real problem!" He discussed with another voice through the earpiece, something he could only hear
"Ok... I'll see what to do"

"Ejem" He spoke again toward the audience

"It seems we had a little problem. You'll see, for this play there are no actors at all!"

The audicence fell in silence and then suddenly, the many figures stood up and booed the man at the center at the stage

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry we'll have to suspend the function....what?..." He replied to the earpiece again "That's some good news"

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm very sorry for the unexpected lack of actors, however I've been told that we have a perfect group to play the roles at this play"

The lights suddenly illuminated the group at the platea.

"I wonder, will you be able to perform the roles at this tale? I won't accept a no for answer... the sandlands won't accept it."

Kotsu smiled and snorted while laughing. "Yo, Fizzy. I dunno what the hell happened to you, but this is lame as hell. I like the threads and the setting, but come on, dude. You're taking this too far." Kotsu went to reach for his flask and take a drink.

"I wonder, will you be able to perform the roles at this tale? I won't accept a no for answer... the sandlands won't accept it."

What could the Sandlands possibly do?, Sam thought, "Fizzy, what's going on?" She tried to stand and stumbled on the heels of the shoes before she was suddenly back in her seat.

She was starting to get pissed with the Sandlands. First the machine body then Blue Owl, now she couldn't even stand up! The dress was nice, the shoes sucked. Or maybe that was just because she couldn't feel them to balance on.

02... had noticed that many of the theater attendees were faceless. In the dim light of the theater, he was still able to see this, thanks to his enhanced vision. He could make it zoom out, brighten the area, use night vision, and thermal vision. When he saw the faceless Fizzy on stage, he had to wonder... could Fizzy tell faces apart? He had the vaguest recollection of a weird sort of neurological defect that made it impossible for someone to be able to recognize faces, so then they had to rely on other aspects of a person, such as what they wore.

The two, at the announcement looked at one another. "So, we're going to be forced into this little play of his, huh?" 01 asked, 02 nodded. "...Let's just get this over with so then we can finally just get out of here." He said as he rose from his seat, placing his hands in his pockets.

Clayton's face crumpled into a scowl. In addition to not being the acting type, he also had bad memories of some vampires he rolled with back around the time their new outfits seemed to convey. It was a lot like Aria's old gang, but with bowler hats and flappers. He didn't think about it much anymore, but the current situation was bringing back memories.

"Damnit I said I am not dancing around on stage!" He said, letting out a sigh. He knew if he tried attacking the man on stage he would probably just respawn. If anyone tried to leave they wound up back in their seat. Nothing Clayton did would get him out of this besides playing along, and he knew it.

"Kotsu, lemme have some of that." He said, referring to the canteen "I need a drink before this and imagination booze aint nothin like the real deal."

Without any advice and against their will, the entire party suddenly appeared in the backstage of the theatre, the staff was composed of faceless people dressed for their respective functions and there was Fizzy, a different Fizzy walking around nervously, this one dressed in a purple suit.

"Oh good! You are here, no time to argue boys we gotta get you pretty for the act" Said with a clearly effeminated tone.

"Is the scenary ready? Fritz I'm paying you to make this happen my dear, please get the scenary ready, the audience is getting impatient, huff!" Stated with a exaggerated motion mimicking a fan with his hands.

This Fizzy turned to the party

"All right pretty boys I'll be handing out the roles. First of all we need to decide the most important one, Fritz, our star and...." He looked to the party gauging each one carefully

"Oh you! you! This pretty boy is perfect" He clapped "Gentlemen we got our Fizzy Roy. Make him look fabulous, c'mon Fritz and Fritz time for makeup"

Two of the faceless staff members showed up right behind the person chosen by the effeminate Fizzy to become the Fizzy Roy at this play

And finding himself unnable to resist, he was dragged into a chair as the two faceless Fritz begun to furiously play with his hair and apply several elements to his face

After a couple of minutes the result was revealed; his facial features were the same as his original, however his hair was now like Fizzy's as well as his clothing....

At this point Kotsu was wearing a Fizzy Roy's costume

"Oh darling, he looks fantastic!" Exclaimed the effeminated Fizzy

"Now for the next roles! Hmmm, You three!"
His hand pointed at Quentin, Vivian and Sam....

Kotsu was a little pissed but he drank deeply from his flask as soon as he was made to look like Fritz. "If I'm gonna play the part, I gotta dull my senses real quick." He tossed the flask to Clayton. "Yo, catch. I'll take it back after we're done here. Just don't lose it."

TheAdept TheAdept

Vivian nodded and let out a small laugh at Sam's comment "We probably should. This is weird even for the sandlands." She looked as confused as Sam did, unsure why a theatre of all places this was happening and why the hell did they all have to act in the performance.

Clayton felt no relief upon seeing Kotsu, Quentin, Vivian and Sam being selected for specific roles. He dreaded having to go on stage, but if he was being forced into a play he might as well be made to play a lead.

"I better not play a damn extra." He groaned.

Quentin was still confused as he was selected for a role. "Will someone give me more information? What in the hell are we doing?". He looked around to find some sort of clue but came back with nothing.

The twins shrugged as they looked at Kotsu. "You look absolutely fabulous, darling." They said in unison, their tones quite clearly of a teasing manner as they looked at Kotsu with amused smiles on their faces. So long as they didn't have to fight yet again, they were happy. "...Though do keep your weapon close." 01 added, not quite trusting this place.

"...Prosopagnosia." 02 said after a moment, raising a finger into the air. "That's what I was thinking of. It's this weird neurological disorder where you can't recognize someone's face." He said as he glanced at all of the faceless Fizzroys. "I wonder if that's why no one has a face... or maybe he just thinks so little of other people that they may as well not have a face." He said, giving another shrug.

"...Prosopagnosia." 02 said after a moment, raising a finger into the air. "That's what I was thinking of. It's this weird neurological disorder where you can't recognize someone's face." He said as he glanced at all of the faceless Fizzroys. "I wonder if that's why no one has a face... or maybe he just thinks so little of other people that they may as well not have a face." He said, giving another shrug.

"But then how does he recognize us? None of us were dressed like this when he vanished." It had to be more complicated than that. She'd refused to have her eyes replaced with cameras for the very reason of face blindness, it was more expensive to have new eyes grown, but without the risk of not being able to tell who was who.

mmarage mmarage

The twins shrugged as they looked at Kotsu. "You look absolutely fabulous, darling." They said in unison, their tones quite clearly of a teasing manner as they looked at Kotsu with amused smiles on their faces. So long as they didn't have to fight yet again, they were happy. "...Though do keep your weapon close." 01 added, not quite trusting this place.

Kotsu smiled at the twins. "I am my own weapon, but fair to enough. I ain't dropped my guard since we dropped in. And I do NOT look fabulous." Kotsu tugged on his metal collar, which was still stuck fast. "Damn... But I'll play my part if it keeps us safe and gets this stupid thing off. I don't like wearing this. Bad memories." Kotsu then turned to Sam.

"But why would I be Fizzy? He hates me. Can you shed any light on this?" Kotsu cocked his head before smiling. "Also Sam, am I sexy enough to be your type now?" Kotsu said teasingly while sticking out his tongue and laughing, aiming to get Sam to laugh herself.

mmarage mmarage Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer

Clayton looked Sam up and down and smirked. A robot in such a...sleek dress.

"Is she sexy enough to be your type?" He joked to Kotsu. Maybe this was all a trick to get everyone to let their guard down. He couldn't imagine what would happen next if that were the case. The audience would start shooting at them? But Clayton learned to relax into his alert state long ago.

"But why would I be Fizzy? He hates me. Can you shed any light on this?" Kotsu cocked his head before smiling. "Also Sam, am I sexy enough to be your type now?" Kotsu said teasingly while sticking out his tongue and laughing, aiming to get Sam to laugh herself.

"No, you'd need to lose the fangs, survive a war, and then get me really, really drunk," Sam replied, "There's a reason he's my boyfriend, not just my coworker

Kotsu held his chest in response to Sam's reply. "Thou striketh me most unfair, m'lady!" Kotsu said with a wider smile upon hearing Clayton's response with a slight chuckle. "Sam's a beautiful person, Clayton. Both inside and out, but I dunno if there'd be anything there romantically." He said smiling genuinely at him before turning back to Sam.

"I thought us to be friends and not just co-workers. But I'll take that as a no to why I got turned into Soda Pop." Kotsu put his index finger and thumb to his chin, pondering why this was the result of Fritz Roy's mind while mumbling and muttering to himself theories.

Khepri looks down at her form fitting red dress interestedly, Bickles also looks at her dress more than a little interested.

"Wow, you're hot."

"Actually I'm kind of cold." Khepri notes.

"I mean the other hot baby." Bickles slicks his hair back trying to be cool.

"Thats factually incorrect Bickles there is linguistically, and scientifically only one definition of hot and I am not it."

Bickles sighs, this was going to take work.

Yellow owl flies into the air and does a loop-da-loop. "Yay! A play! I love plays, can I be in it Fizzy pop? Please, please pleaaaase?!"

Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer

02 turned to Sam. "Well, those who suffer from it have to rely on other means to recognize someone. It could be their clothing, their voice, their hair style... but never the face." 02 explained, giving a little shrug. "I could be entirely wrong, it's just because there's no faces on the theatergoers, and Kotsu is wearing Fizzy's hair and his clothing, but there's been no attempt to try and make his face match Fizzy's in any way, not even a mask or contacts, and that would be one thing you'd want to try and match an actor with a character, the face and eyes." He continued. "...Of course it's just a theory, no more, no less." He concluded.

The two then looked back at Kotsu. "...Kotsu, it was just a joke." They said in unison, giving another shrug, that same amused smiles playing at the corner of their lips.

Kotsu stared at Yellow Owl with a smile on his face. "God you're cute, little one. But I'm not sure how much I trust these plays. But I don't think any of us have a choice, young one. You'll have to play a part as well. I know you'll do fantastic." Kotsu says smiling at her. He returned his attention to the twins.

"Yeah yeah. I know you guys prefer my Quentin burned off clothes look." Kotsu said, returning a mischievous smile back at them.

Exzalia Exzalia mmarage mmarage

The twins balked at Kotsu's retort, their cheeks flaring up. "W-We do not!" They said in unison, huffing as they both crossed their arms and looked away from Kotsu. They... were still quite embarrassed at remembering the incident in which they had first met Kotsu.

Kotsu started laughing hard as they turned red in the face. "Oh! I forgot to tell you, for some reason, Denton got naked with me when I talked to did a debriefing." Kotsu started laughing even harder. "Aw man, that was funny looking back. Said he wanted me to be more comfortable. Didn't get weird until he did that though, ain't that right, buddy?" Kotsu asked Denton, actually giving him a genuine smile.

mmarage mmarage Kinggunlucky Kinggunlucky

The Field Agent didn't return Kotsus smile. Well, the mask of comedy, but Denton bowed his head. He gripped the rim of his hat, pulling it on tight.

The joy he'd allowed himself to feel about the new environment was gone, replaced by a razor sharp chill that stabbed it's way into his heart. Denton was glad his face was hidden. He didn't know if he could remain steely before this.

Theatrics such as this were unsettling, yes. How three people had been assigned roles to play. Not a hilariously fucked up situation as Quentin's childhood or as horrific as the origins of Twins.

This was just...wrong. Uncanny.

What sealed the, though, was the audience. They sat in silent save for pockets of chatter here and there, and, unlike the host, they all had their faces. Faces.

Denton knew of them. Some little, some a lot.

Karen Danvers? Former mercenary who died on the field. Her eyes ripped out by the monster the team she was on had been hunting. Denton noted she was still missing them. Karen watched with eyeless sockets?

Marty Warner? A man HQ had high hopes for. He'd started around the same time as Fizzy. Then he was paralyzed. Spinal cord severed from the neck down. HQ made the call not to pursue healing. Marty liked to sing rival groups. Denton didn't where he was now.

Flint Conrad? Missing in action.

Wolfgang Dietrich? His ghost claimed by Denton himself.

Anne Rosenthal? Killed in action.

And....

"So many," Denton said. "I guess the Sandlands do record everything. Damn." He eyed the host...the stage master. "Let's get this over with."

Last edited:
"All right sweeties time to get all of you ready !" Exclaimed Fizzy excited

First it was Vivian, the faceless Fizzys took her into a chair and begun their furious makeup moment. After a few minutes they finished and she was completely changed, though still retaining her facial features.

She wore now a large gray skirt and a black blouse, a cheap yet pretty necklace which mimicked gold. Her hair was now shorter, frizzy and blonde.

"Oh boy, Oh boy! She looks exactly like my mother used to be! You'll be playing Marianne Roy now darling!" Stated the effeminate Fizzy

Then the faceless Fizzys took Quentin who went under the same process

"And here is dad! Oh I hated the brown pants and shoes, so vintage, also the square green shirt. But the beard was always awesome. I never could grow one like him!" A tear traveled down his right eye.

"I'm just so emotional right now! You look exactly like my dad, his name was Frederick Roy by the way" Said while doing the fan with his left hand.

"Now Sam, my beloved one... You'll be the second star, my another loved one..."

The Fizzies took Sam and she went under a heavy makeup process. Now she had a blonde mid long frizzy hair and both eyes of a gorgeous green.

"A more rebellious glance if you will please... Oh it doesn't work, It's magic time!!!"

Both fizzies nodded and they enveloped her in a purple velvet, made her spin once, twice, three times and then they revealed her

"OH IS FANTASTIC, JUST LIKE HER!" Exclaimed Fizzy excited.

Sam had the same blonde frizzy hair and green eyes however..... her body was of a six years old girl

"Now you'll be playing my dear sister Elizabeth... She was always a rebel child... My dear sister"

She who is the cause of all

"I was ten years old that day, Fritz do the magic on our Fizzy!"

The faceless Fizzys took Kotsu and made the same velvet magic on him, turning the man into a ten years old version of Fizzy

"And now we need a monster.... something ugly, hateful...."

His finger pointed at Clayton

"Make him look awful!"

And Fritzs did their magic on him

"All of you, go back to your seats, now, now" Stated while clapping

Before they could complain, the rest of the party were back again on the seats

The curtain in front of the stage slowly revealed what was behind of it

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ACT 1
THE FAMILY

Despite they were all in front of a theatre's stage, the sandland's illogic made the party feel all the scenary extremely realistic, they were sitting at the chairs yet still, as if they were had split, they could feel their "ghosts" watching the unfolded scene; a voice that came from nowhere begin to relate its tale

"It was a fatidical night, we went for the Aquarium.... I remember the hammer sharks... they were hilarious. At that moment, I wasn't Fizzy yet. I was just Fritz Roy, the firstborn son of a midclass family who lived in the outsides of Newcastle, Australia. We usually took the bus to go back home after heading into town, but it wasn't really that far, I remember dad saying that it was a nice summer afternoon so we decided to go back walking on our feets....."

"A TERRIBLE FATE AWAITED FOR US"

The scene shows up a late afternoon road, the city at a distance... There were no one there besides the family or so they thought.
Frederick Roy (Quentin), Marianne Roy (Vivian), Fritz Roy (Kotsu) and Elizabeth Roy (Sam) walks happily chatting and singing.
Into scene it would enter the monster (Clayton), at that moment Fritz had no idea what was that creature, he would later find it was a vampire. The bloodthirsty monster's surprise attack would wound Marianne heavily yet not fatal and also the poor little Elizabeth. The father, Frederick would stand in front protecting his family... however

In the backstages, the faceless Fritzs would push the characters and they would suddenly be transported into the very realistic event of that night.

"Make a good act, don't disappoint me my dears..." said the effeminate Fizzy before they abandoned the backstages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back