• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Among Gods

(Sorry, @Thorn of Discord! I didn't recognize the name "Snakey".)

After a tense moment of silence as Thorn tries to start a conversation, Coils responds before Jaik can.

"Sorry. He's had a long day of running and hiding and killing. We do not serve the Nightmare, or the Void, as you say."

Background knowledge is good to have for future interactions, bud.

"Would you mind informing us as to what this force or power may be?"

"Okay, one, it was against the front of his neck, where there was at least some armor, and two, the amount of energy discharged by SNS does not change when you change the range of fire. I promise not to use my pistols unless I must if you return them; otherwise, I can only fall back on my fists. And when they're in power armor? Unless whatever I have to defend myself has some serious weakness to electricity, I assure you they'd be better off with the shock. And no, I'm not taking it off, you guys have already taken pretty much everything else i have and I don't even know if i can breathe this air without the in-suit filters.

Also, as for the drugs, I did mention the idea of rationing it, right? Issue one dose a week, collect empties or unused doses and either refill them or destroy them. Hell, even code them to fingerprints so people can't pool it, if that's practical anyway.

Thorn managed to levitate his pink milk off the table before Errg broke down. No way, a real life animorph character! Wait, he's not one of those blue aliens is he? "He's not got enough legs, dummy...er, mercenaries, huh? The Nightmare is the Mother of the Night, she's the darkness that protects people like us if you honor her." Yeah, just pass her all the souls you take and you're goooood. "And the Void is uhhh...where the damned go and we spend eternity....but now there's all this god and multiverse crap so who the hell knows anymore. Oh, and here you two go." Thorn fished a few bit out of his pocket and slid them over. Those are just a bit useless here! Eh? "It's for good luck, jackass."

Thorn then leaped from his seat and planted a big sloppy kiss on Delphi's face! "Nopnopnopnopnopnopnopnope, I didn't do that"

Thorn was rather suspicious of this mystery meat, but it tasted delicious enough. You really don't want to know what it is Thorn, might make you cry a little. "Hey, Maya, question. You kill monsters, but someone like a vampire would be okay right?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Kalos, being incredibly fucking drunk, ignores the changing fishman and points at Delphi.

"N-no, you know what? Fffffffuck you, Delphi! You're fucking crazy, and Coatl and I don't need to deal with your shit! We're... Well, honestly, I dunno if we're in love or just hot for each other because WOW we're drunk, but we're a thing! So suck it!"

With that, Kalos pulls Coatl into a gross, drunken kiss, raising his ring finger at Delphi... He probably meant to use his middle finger.

--------------

"Depends, strange talking horse creature. Is this vampire the sort that registers with the government to receive donated blood packages daily? Or the sort that murders people in back alleys and feeds on their twitching corpses?"

The hand not currently holding a bottle of booze begins straying towards her holster.

Chris starts taking as he makes his way to the stairs, stopping to face Roy just before going down, "Maybe the shock damage doesn't change, but unless the shell came out of the gun with literally the force of a lightly tossed beanbag, he probably ended up taking some serious throat damage." Chris was tempted to use his modifier to try and dig up information on Roy (and what world he came from, at this point he was guessing something like Shadowrun), but he didn't want to have to waste energy on that yet just, "if there was the slightest bit of penetration with that round as well then he would've definitely not been able to breath and who knows how long it took them to get the round out of his throat? Probably even ended up with a bit of brain damage from oxygen loss as well or just nerve damage. Couple that with the fact that they probably don't know how to deal with those kind of rounds, it's no surprise they just hooked him up on healing potions and are giving him a week to play it safe.

If you want I'll go heal the guy if that'll make you feel better, but the Keeper just reminded me of how hungry I am so I'm getting something to eat first."
The foxman glances down the stairs, muttering under his breath as he does so, "And besides, discrete damage amounts don't mean shit in this world"

Hold up she's armed. And has a gun too!

"Neither, we fed him ourselves as best as we could, but a few kids only have so much blood to give." Where's that tiny violin I had......

Thorn's heart dropped as he thought back on his previous life, but he banished the thoughts. "Would he be evil if I told you he only fed on scumbag Bluebloods when it was necessary?"

Thorn confirmed for bleeding once a month
"Oh, go screw yourself!"

Maya frowned. "Right. And was this donation completely willing, or was the alternative getting slaughtered anyways?" She moves her hand away from her gun, now that it's suddenly obvious Thorn wasn't referring to himself. "Holding a gun to someone's head and forcing them to do something doesn't mean they did it of their own free will, after all."

Ow... Gods damn it... Did he really just attack me? Izhane grinds his teeth as he tries to resist the surges of artificial sound and light and pulls himself up out of the boxes he fell into. His head hurts, hurts from being psionically thumped and being assaulted with false sense, but the alchemist laughs anyways. A harsh, mocking laugh.

"Tell me to learn to have faith in you, then you attack me... That make a bit of sense to you?" Izhane chuckles again and digs into his bag with his tail, feeling for the symbols that'd mark a vial as a shielding potion, or a bit of bottled fire, or maybe an alchemical flashbag.

Izhane finds what he's looking for, a shielding elixirs with a syringe at the end for injections, and jabs it into his leg. He winces and grinds his teeth even more.
"I'm not going to kneel... Knock this bullshit out now, and no one gets hurt. If you keep this up, I'll be given you no choice but to show you why no one's fucked with the Ashen Isles in centuries. I've dealt with more powerful things than you while adventuring, and even if I don't have my party backing me I'm not going to let you try to keep doing this shit..." Izhane snuffles forward and his tail digs around in his bag again.

"You think I'm trying to boss you around because you're small? Buddy, I'm the runt of the little
and the ugly duckling of one the smallest races on my world. Size doesn't have anything to do with this, you're the only person I've met that's shorter than me and I'm not holding that against you. You're being unreasonable, that's why I'm trying to take that potentially dangerous shit from you. Last chance to resolve things peacefully, before things get drastic." Izhane holds out his hands nonthreateningly, and glances over at Vizara with a look that screams Don't.

Nopenopenope not committing mutiny. Not now at least.

Coatl pushes himself off of Kalos.

"No! You do NOT speak for me. I think it's best you leave Kalos."

Coatl was pissed. Maybe even Delphi level pissed right now. He would not be made a fool out of in front of everyone. Maybe he'd kill Kalos later. Coatl's totally real murder sense was going off the charts for some reason. It felt like at least 3 people needed murdering for actions they did in the past five minutes...

Dude, I think she's into you. Give her the eyebrows.

"Gross, I don't even know what she is...." Thorn shook his head, but caught himself staring at a few of the chests of the females around him. It was probably wrong to ask about anatomy right now.

"...okay, you might have a point there. But I still don't see a problem if you don't kill anyone. Or change them for that matter, it was sanitary. And we gave them cookies for their trouble." Except that one guy that had a blood disorder and never stopped bleeding. Didn't you pick him out?

"Accident, that was an accident!" Thorn forcefully smacked the table, but again saved his pink milk from an untimely spilling. Hey, hey, Thorn, eat a snickers, your not you when your hungry.

"Sorry, sorry, I just....er........hey, you have fingers, what uh...did that guy do with his hand over there, is he pointing at something? " Thorn pulled is hair back and made a mental note find some time for meditation before it got too late.. Is it just me or is time reeeeally starting to pick up here?

Ged finally stops playing his song in front of everyone and stares in shock. "I am so glad I never drink, these people are not in a good place. I don't think I see anyone that isn't drunk here. Delphi? Maybe? However I'm not sure I really want to talk to her after what happened last time." Ged stands on the table he was playing from and looks around. He goes to get down from the table but is bumped by a nearby pony. He trips and falls, landing in a less than perfect handstand. He doesn't see anywhere to immediately stand back up to so staying in that position he says "umm, hi?" to Delphi and the drunken pony he is in between.

Kalos is pushed back, and frowns. "Yyyyeah, I think that's actually a good idea. I'm... Yeah, that's... Yeah."

And with that, Kalos passes right the fuck out, right there at the table.

The intensity of Seih's eyes seems to dim for a moment, and he looks puzzledly at Izhane for a bit. "I... didn't meant to attack you. It was just supposed to be a, a nudge." He looks at his hands, a confused expression on his face, then looks at Izhane. "Izhane, you need to..." A cough interrupts him again, and when he turns back to look at Izhane, his eyes now glowing with even greater, nearly-fevered intensity. "You need to see professional HELP if you are serious." Seih blinks and pauses for a moment, before continuing. "A nudge and you're reeling? Very threatening. Looks like we do have some common ground after all, however. We were both the runts of our races, the cast out. Can't be HELPed. Only difference is," another volley of darts shoots out, hitting Izhane's bag with the intention of shattering as many of the containers within, as Seih dips lower to the ground, feeling his energy draining, "my race doesn't need elixirs to be great. The sun will FREEZE over twice before a Keir would desecrate his body in such a way."

Seih suddenly drops to the ground, breathing heavily but still looking at Izhane. "This is bothersome and tiring. Stop pretending there can be any other outcome to this; we still have a mission to do, and this is just SLOWing our progress. Regardless of what you may think, MY committment to the cause is uncompromised. I have half a MIND to forgive you, even after all you've done. Accept this and I will spare you." The tired-looking Seih once more appears confused, as if trying to remember something, though he still watches Izhane and Vizara intently.

The sight greeting Koyaanis as he peeks into the real world is a mess of anger and psychic energy. If he could, he'd blink.

Almost apologetically he emanates his thoughts and incomprehension into the minds of the combatants with a light touch.

<What are you doing?> He inquires innocently.

Danielle scans the partygoers, not sure who or what she's looking for. In the midst of the chaos she spots one quiet figure in a little zone to themselves.

"Elijah. Can I sit with you? Koya's... that мръсна невестулка jumped ship, so to speak." She says with only a little malice. Dani sits and takes a long moment to collect her thoughts.

"I wanted to know, so... you arrived alone, I just," She stops to get words into the right order. There are too many questions, too little common ground. Gods, modifiers, magic, monsters, and madness. Danielle slumps and gestures to include the camp, the people and the world.

"How do you cope?"

"Excuse his behavior. I am unfamiliar with this relationship thing."

Coatl said to Delphi as he stumbled down into his seat.

"You seem to have had knowledge in this type of thing before you were brought to this university. I mean multiworld?"

He shrugs and continues, "my point is: I'd like to know more about your life before. Maybe I can understand some things better that way."

Jaik pockets the bit and starts to thank Thorn, but he dashes off and kisses Delphi, which the duo find more than a little weird.

Coils looks around for something productive to do.

Neow46 said:

Major update #25!

Darkness now settles acrossed the western horizon, bringing Night time with it, and leaving only the lights of the surrounding allied Gods, the camp, and the starry, unfamiliar sky... But no sign of the planet's moon currently this night...

(OOC: If you feel lost or feel like you have nothing to do or nothing to really respond to, please dont be afraid to let me know and I can get that fixed for you ASAP!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

( @Space Face ) Galmiz: The two beings look you up and down with raised eyebrows.

"Well, you certainly don't look to be dead or deceased." The man points out the obvious.

"Eh, Forget the bad joke. But you're within another Universe entirely, if you understand what one of those is anyways, one of which with this specific world that you're standing on right now is now the center of a reality wide spanning God war, and it's probably like your god-"

"Is Dead, or has abandoned you." The woman blatantly says, interrupting the man, making him give a sort of scolding glare at her.

"While... those are definitely possibilities, it's also possible the connection between you and your god has either been severed or their power is extremely limited here just like ours."

Like... "Ours"?

You wonder to yourself.

"Anyways..." He continues on.

"If you were dead, you'd be taking upon whatever afterlife, or lack of, your universe or your governing god grants upon you. But, this clearly isn't the case, as you're here now, both in body and in spirit into an almost singular plain. The Rules of.." He stops himself to think a little bit.

"Well... literally everything can change sometimes depending on what Universe you visit but... well, I wouldn't really worry about it if I were you. Don't seem to be exploding anyways..." The man shrugs to you as he speaks.

"This one is Naive, but also brave to stand up to Gods such as ourselves... Unlike that previous idiot..." The Woman says, still looking down suspiciously at you...

That'd definitely explain their presences... You think to yourself...

Their Aura's were obvious and different, but they seemed to be connected in some sense amongst the divinity they radiated...

The man was clearly more calm and soft overall, The woman though far more powerful and feisty...

Granted you could tell this from their personalities alone but...

The man slowly approaches you and begins circling around you and examining you for some sudden reason..., but after making a few full circles around you...

"Take it easy, it's definitely mortal, don't detect any sort of tricks or offensive magics that could harm us..." The man says to the woman, she only crosses her arms and keeps her eyes on you as you stood there.

The Man then offers his hand to you, palm outwards.

"Sorry, but, that was only just to be sure... Again, this place is kind of a hotzone, especially amongst Low gods trying to... well... You see that large magical dome and the camp underneath it waaaaaay over there behind me?"

He points to the said magical dome towards the east behind him, lighting up the night like a large, soft bulb of a luminescent plant in the night...

"We're part of an entire order of Gods to protect a VIP within that dome there from all the others who are stupid enough to come here after our Goddess's power, and to sate their own greeds and agendas..." There was definitely a certain sort of hatred in his own voice at the mention of other gods who seemed to be after this VIP of theirs...

"But... would you like us to take you over there? There's plenty of... well, other mortals of all sorts of races and species that are also protecting and serving under the VIP there too... Its well, alright if you don't wish to go immediately and if you have more questions for us...." She shrugged once again rubbing the back of his head.

"This is just a waste of time and you know it." The Woman says to the man bluntly.

"There's others of the Order who are far better suited for patrolling for wandering mortals all the way out here instead of us, why are we wasting our time with this?"

The man sighs as he turns to his companion.

"I. Don't. Know. Rohkuul just assigned us to this, but we're doing it anyway, so might as well just do it as we're told..."

They start to bicker a little bit, kind of like a couple almost for a few minutes, completely ignoring you for a few minutes...

"Urgh, just forget it please..." The man tells the woman as he turns back to you...

"Anyways, you wanna know anything else or would you rather walk all the way over to the camp back there?" He asks you, seeming a little heated at his partner....

How shall you respond?
"My God dead?... That might explain why my... universe was deteriorating... My home was already a dangerous place,but a god dying could definitely mess everything up and explain why my last memory was of a unnatural weapon..."

Galmiz pondered over this new information, his battle-ready genes from generations of war and the knowledge of healing both striving for attention. After the two patrollers had began to bicker, Galmiz had hunched down on his bowed legs to relive the strain on his muscles before eventually having to sit down. In the soft glow of the unfamiliar stars, the mask he had put his heart and soul into holding casted twisted shadows on his bare-chest as he drifted into a state of zen.

*If I try and ask more questions, all I'll be doing is wasting their time needed to watch out for dangers and confusing myself even further... But if I go, the people within the dome might not be as well informed as these gods.

"I'll head to the dome myself. I have taken up a lot of your time, besides, nightfall is upon us and I haven't slept in... Five, Six weeks?"

Galmiz's body was truly bone-tired, fatigue was creeping into his joints as his body aches for rest. With a bit of a limp, he gets up and walks past the two gods towards the camp. Just before he fully passed the two, he turns around to face them once more.

"Thank you."

Reluctantly, Meilikki rises from her seat and moved towards the arguing marauders. Her golden scythe stood imposing next to her. She stomped it one on the ground to get their attention. "Please explain to me what you're doing partaking in such a petty squabble."

Major update #26!

Apologies for the delays, this week ahs been extremely busy for me and writing hasn't been going well for me, I do apologize everyone!

(Also a goodbye to our dear friend Lyro, who has decided to leave, and I hope you've had a great time here in AG, and wish you luck wherever you may go next! You will be missed!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

( @Space Face ) Galmiz:

"You're welcome I suppose..?" The Male says confusedly after you bid these "Gods" thanks and farewell, you begin trekking your way towards the large settlement in the east...

Before you even get a few minutes of walking though, you suddenly feel something grab both your arms and you begin to rise upwards into the air!

As you clench your belonging you look to your sides to see the Man and Woman on either side of you, holding your arms as together you all glided upwards very rapidly above the ground, allowing you to see an amazing view of the land around!

"Let us handle the transportation." The man speaks up with a smile under his hood, as the three of you glided far faster, and smoother then whatever you could have achieved on foot!

The three of you fly surprisingly smoothly through the air with hardly any disturbance as you approach the immense, magical dome that was incredibly far away only minutes before...

The three of you land just as smoothly as you take off, and you are able to much more clearly see a great many amount of people and tents that were within the large magical dome around the large stone tower that was the center of it all, most of them were bi-pedal creatures like the two gods by your sides.

A great many of them also were different species and creatures altogether as well, many of them had very animalistic like features of varying degrees and styles, while most others looked mundane or were entirely alien to you, all of them seemingly sentient as a large squad of heavily armored and armed soldier looking types passed through the shield and stand in front of you and the two gods.

One of them in light looking black armor, hood, and red face mask approaches and greets the three of you.

"Another refugee right?" He asked, his voice was slightly on a higher pitch then what you'd expect.

"We are the Marauders. Dont let the name trick you though, we don't actually loot and pillage like the name implies."

They say with a shrug as they pull out some sort of clipboard.

"Creature, If you can understand me, what's your name? And what are you capable of?

I gatta write some things down before we let you in, its kind of a matter fo security and to make sure we arn't recruiting dangerous psychopaths into the camp, hopefully you understand..."

He asks you, waving a gesture with one of his hands towards you in case you did not understand...

What do you say...?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

( @Torma Ximnus ) Alexander: (You have been marked temporarily inactive! You will be unmarked once you return.)

( @arcaneSentinel ) Byron: (You have not posted! Please refer to the previous update!)

Time taken: Way too long due to business and lack of motivation/writing skills

Total word count: Around 3.3k words.

Total player/Character count: 16 Characters, 14 Players, Excluding Elijah and Duo pairs.

(Why the hell did you make me smooch Delphi never mind. I won't judge.

... Seems a bit weird and out-of-nowehere, is all! :P )

Jaik, blushing a bit after pulling something like that on a superior officer, is intrigued when a newcomer appears to fall from the sky.

For now, he stores Coils in his pocket. Ignore the fact that Coils is too large to fit into a pocket. He found a way.

Deciding to greet new people (my god, they seem to be dropping like flies from up above), he takes a moment to assess the individual (@Space Face) before calling out cheerily:

"Hello there, sir! When you're done with paperwork, I can show you around the camp, and inside the Tower a little bit. What's your name?"

Neow46 said:

Major update #26!

Apologies for the delays, this week ahs been extremely busy for me and writing hasn't been going well for me, I do apologize everyone!

(Also a goodbye to our dear friend Lyro, who has decided to leave, and I hope you've had a great time here in AG, and wish you luck wherever you may go next! You will be missed!)

( @Space Face ) Galmiz:

"You're welcome I suppose..?" The Male says confusedly after you bid these "Gods" thanks and farewell, you begin trekking your way towards the large settlement in the east...

Before you even get a few minutes of walking though, you suddenly feel something grab both your arms and you begin to rise upwards into the air!

As you clench your belonging you look to your sides to see the Man and Woman on either side of you, holding your arms as together you all glided upwards very rapidly above the ground, allowing you to see an amazing view of the land around!

"Let us handle the transportation." The man speaks up with a smile under his hood, as the three of you glided far faster, and smoother then whatever you could have achieved on foot!

The three of you fly surprisingly smoothly through the air with hardly any disturbance as you approach the immense, magical dome that was incredibly far away only minutes before...

The three of you land just as smoothly as you take off, and you are able to much more clearly see a great many amount of people and tents that were within the large magical dome around the large stone tower that was the center of it all, most of them were bi-pedal creatures like the two gods by your sides.

A great many of them also were different species and creatures altogether as well, many of them had very animalistic like features of varying degrees and styles, while most others looked mundane or were entirely alien to you, all of them seemingly sentient as a large squad of heavily armored and armed soldier looking types passed through the shield and stand in front of you and the two gods.

One of them in light looking black armor, hood, and red face mask approaches and greets the three of you.

"Another refugee right?" He asked, his voice was slightly on a higher pitch then what you'd expect.

"We are the Marauders. Dont let the name trick you though, we don't actually loot and pillage like the name implies."

They say with a shrug as they pull out some sort of clipboard.

"Creature, If you can understand me, what's your name? And what are you capable of?

I gatta write some things down before we let you in, its kind of a matter fo security and to make sure we arn't recruiting dangerous psychopaths into the camp, hopefully you understand..."

He asks you, waving a gesture with one of his hands towards you in case you did not understand...

What do you say...?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

( @Space Face) before calling out cheerily:

"Hello there, sir! When you're done with paperwork, I can show you around the camp, and inside the Tower a little bit. What's your name?"

The feeling of the beeze rushing by him was invigorating as Galmiz was set down before being greeted by the Marauder.

" My name is Galmiz. I am lead healer and priest to the forgotten goddess. My talents are mostly in the medical field, but I have experience in battle... Though I have made an oath not to kill or harm someone if it can be avoided."

As the man recorded the information on the clipboard, another person caught the balkian's attention. Turning upon a hoofed foot, Galmiz answered in a cheerful yet tired tone as well.

"My name is Galmiz."

Galmiz's gratitude shown through the eye holes in his mask, a hidden smile shared with Jaik as his tail swayed gently from side to side.

In a flash of anger after being assaulted for Kalos' folly, Coatl's eyes and hands are both enveloped in a dark aura.

But before he can even say or do anything a lot more shit happens and soon they are passified and Delphi knocked over with another cat on top of her.

"I haven't been genuinely angry in such a long time... Just. Do what you want with Kalos. He has offended me just as much as he has offended you. I only wanted to talk with you about the past. I wanted to better understand everyone here. But maybe now is not actually the best time."

Now tilting his head to the large group of mauraders outside of the passivity field he continues methodically.

"These marauders are something else. I'm sorry because I really under rated them when you explained them to me. You sounded them out to be a rag tag band of bandits. But they just took down gods by our side. And look how quickly they diffused this situation. Even my army back in Iania is starting to pale in comparison."

(@Space Face What do you look like? I saw hooved feet and a tail. But when I search "balkian" I get:

CHLA-Balkian-Ara-MD-Headshot.jpg
)

"Galmiz! Nice to become your amicable acquaintance."

As Jaik thinks about possible problems (troubleshooting) that this could create, the biggest one suddenly hits him.

"So... have you ever dealt with gods before?"

Boom, HEADSHOT! Thorn jumped, and practically inhaled his milk, coughing most of it out onto the table. He slammed a pair of hooves on the table and raised his voice at no one in particular. (Anyone physical anyway) "Discord you sonuva.....oh wow, thats some magic right there." Heaving a sigh of contentment, Thorn stretched his limbs out, and booped a few people's noses. Not Kalos' though, that'd be gross.

After milk time comes nap time, you know this Thorn! "Thats just so funny!" Giggling, Thorn leaned over to the girl he was talking to and rested against her. "So tell me mademoiselle, (@Bluesunnyday) why is everyone wearing clothes? I get the armor, but the weather feels fine, seems unnecessary...."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back