• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Among Gods

(((cuts them into sashimi)))

Meilikki's expression changed from disinterest to disgust. "You two... fighting over someones affection when they have no interest in you. Fighting amongst each other when we are in the midst of a war. Fighting your brother in arms. Disgusting. Experience your shame." She stared them down for a few moments, an aura radiated from her giving those in her vicinity goosebumps. "I think a suitable punishment would be beheadment... this is what we did to fools like yourselves in my world. Fortunately for you, I do not have such authority. You," she turned to one marauders restraining the pair, "what is the most humiliating or disliked task in this encampment?" ... "then that will be your punishment for, say, seven sun cycles. I know your faces. Do not test me." With this Mei left the mess and wandered outside to get away from all the noise and weirdness.

Izhane lets out a sigh of relief when he realizes that everyone didn't just explode into a fiery ball of volatile chemicals. Well, he might have survived, but it'd be pretty terrible if the med tent exploded. He kneels down to help Vizara up, but he ends up just sort of dragging him back to where he was plugged into the medical machines. "I don't know what the hell happened. He stole some things, I tried getting them back, he flew off the handle and attacked me. If we weren't in the med tent, I'd probably have lost it..." Izhane shakes his head.

"I have to get some air, clear my head. I'm going outside, if they're still serving food I'll get you something." Izhane rubs his temples and heads out the tent, waving behind him at Vizara. Being psychically assaulted was one sure fire way to get a headache. Walking into the disaster that was the mess area was another surefire way to get a headache. Izhane glances around at this shitstorm and tries to find a spot to sit. The salamander kin ends up sitting near Thorn and some pretty human woman, just in time to hear Thorn asking about clothes.

"In many humanoid cultures, it's considered socially unacceptable to go around naked. Especially in more developed areas, which seems to be where lots of these people come from." The alchemist takes a look around at the various crazy things going on and shakes his head. "What in the name of Our Mother and Our Hearth happened here? I was hoping to get a little peace..."

Chris upon looking at all the shit going on, promptly decided that he wanted as little to do with it as possible.

He takes a seat at a table at the far end away from the clusterfuck and conjures up a couple very large burgers and a 2-liter of Sprite soda, along with 2 plates and a couple cup. The foxman offers Roy one of the burgers, "Here. Though if you want something else to eat I can probably conjure it up as long as it existed in America around the 2000s... like early 21st century." He shoots a glance at what's going on, "As for what's going on over there, I don't think I even care right now. Though, maybe I could try and find the people around here that are the most combat capable and see what equipment I make for everyone to give us as big as an edge as we can get against all the shit headed our way." he opens the soda and pours it into the cups, sighing "...at least what shit we don't start ourselves."

Byron looks down, being somewhat dissapointed that his idea wouldn't be of much help to them. His silence was interrupted by the rumbling of his stomach. The last meal that Byron could remember was his breakfast, if it could even be called that, from the day he fled from his imprisonment. The only reason he hadn't noticed any sign of hunger due to the fact that the prioners were normally starved by the guards for amusement. "Right then. I'll eat something then get some rest." He makes his way outside and takes a deep breath of the cool evening air. Taking a look around, Byron checks to see if he would find where he could get some food. Byron begins to walk around the camp tying to find the food tent or any of the companions that he had fought with to ask for directions.

Danielle mulls over Eli's words and slides the notepad back to her. She follows several threads of thought at once, lightly tapping her fingers on the table. The relief of finally talking to someone who shares her fears surprises Dani. Hearing Eli's similar but relatively more arduous plight affords some well needed perspective.

"This world is just as unfair to the innocent as the last. Why does that have to be their only thing in common." A smile of embarrassment flickers over Dani as she realised she whispered that out loud, glancing to see if Elijah noticed, but she gives no sign. Dani presses a knuckle to her lips while she returns to her thoughts.

Firstly, Elijah couldn't have made it thus far without the gauntlet. If relying on a chaos god's gift had met with little consequence aside from exhaustion, a sliver of a modifier is hardly a cause for concern. Koya could come and claim his modifier whenever he got over himself - it makes no sense to waste its utility in the meantime.

Secondly, if the burden of supporting the camp were lifted... that would spare Eli unending strain on the one hand, and allow her powers to be used for more important things. Danielle begins thinking about how the marauders could become more self sufficient while still being an effective fighting force.

Free magic and cooperation, Eli's crutch and Koya's philosophy, the logical conclusion is to use both. At least until one can be proven against the other.

In any case, the best course of action would be to support Elijah, if not only as a sympathetic measure. Dani considers offering to teach her UGC sign language, but reasons that's not in Elijah's interests. In fact she probably left her holographic writer behind because she wanted space...

Danielle snaps out of her analyses with that thought.

"Thank you. I don't know what I can do, but I will try to help." She stands and politely takes her leave of the party, returning to her tent and retrieving the shard. It feels light and cool in her hand. Orange and blue flowing over the surface and the razor edges. She flips open a scuffed UGC notepad and pen. Neatly she scribes; Experiment number one: Attempting to create a device to find the lost remains of Koyaanis' modifier.

(EDIT: oh shoot! I forgot to post this. My humblest apologies)

Misfortune listens in on the conversation, hearing bits and pieces. He doesn't quite know what's on the journal page thing, but from what the conversation seemed to be about (not going into detail because that would be god-modding, and I don't want to deal with that), it had something to do with Elijah's life before all of this. This causes him to remember his life before now, which was rather boring to be perfectly blunt, but also his task. He was having trouble with it, he tended to either become stupidly powerful, or ally with everyone around him, whenever he role-played with his friends. He had quickly taken the latter option, and he wasn't going to kill any of these people any time soon.

"Hmmm... Why does this have to be so difficult? I guess godhood comes with a price. I'm starting to question this whole 'godhood' thing in the first place..."

Marcus watched the chaos without really knowing why such random events were happening but he did see the wolf lady and her gauntlet the one he was tasked by the time god to steal. Marcus knew that even if he did go through with it the task would be hard and take years to do because unlike his other jobs on his own world it was on her hand all the time and there were constantly someone watching her. That was if he did go through with it. Marcus had his own questions of what the time god would do with the power and if he could even trust the entity to follow through with its promise.

Marcus went through the line and got some food for himself before finding a table and quietly eating while watching events go on all around him if someone did decided to talk to him he would entertain them with a conversation but he made no effort to start one up. To Marcus this was the opposite of what he was used to back home being near this many people would spell capture and death the constant nagging of his instincts made it hard for him to relax.

The dust settled, Koyaanis slides through the tent into the camp proper.

Oh no, missed the party...

Observing the aftermath of the chaos, he drifts around, feeling more comfortable with being outside other's minds. He takes some time to sit and watch the tumult of the camp from a distance. So many people, oddly many from human Earth... probably variations of it but even so. Is it just a coincidence? Or is there some ripple in the magic of reality sending souls from that corner of the multiverse? The new woman with the mask set a bell ringing from somewhere in Koya's fragmented memory.

From up here, this world seems a touch small and barren, for all the conflict over it. Gods braving the corrupting reek of Tortured just to chase down another god's bauble and take over this... blank canvas. Prized for its blankness. Does that mean the rest of the multiverse is a riot of worlds polluted by god-war and incontinent magic?

Only a few days ago Mei said something to Jaik - something about a simple life. Sounded better by the minute. Could this world be made into a turning point where power and predation aren't the only purpose of life? Could there be peace and balance?

Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the spells and arrows of outrageous arse-gods, or to take arms against a sea of tortured... Where was I? Oh right, do something useful, Koya.

He falls back to the camp like a leaf, and tracks Misfortune to get a glance at their Modifier - to see whether or not Xenoth dwelt within despite the barrier.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Clothes, all the time? I don't know how you afford that, or find that much cloth...it's not like it just grows on trees, right?" Thorn laughed at his joke and laughed nervously at the gathering of several strangers. Actually, it does grow in raw form on plants that would be more common in a world with more subtropical climates than- "Shut up! Just.....er......hey, it's uh....getting kinda late. I'll see y'all later." Thorn rose from his seat and made like a bat oughta hell for somewhere less populated. Preferably somewhere quieter too. Turns out it might take some time to get back to civilization. "I'll settle for the moon at this point." Nah, can't go there, we killed the Moon people's king last time, then rode out bullet back into the ocean. "You really like that movie, dontcha?" I DO.

Major update #27!

As the night continues onwards, Dinner has stopped being served and the camp now grows quieter as night patrols rotate in so people may sleep....

(And we are back! Once again, sorry for delays! once again my steam+motivation for writing has been kinda zero for a good long while now :c I hope no one has left or thinks we've died, because we're NEVER dying!)

IMPORTANT NOTICE/NOTE: Should we skip to the next day in game? I feel like some things are dragging a bit for some people, but if you think we should continue on as to what we are currently doing, then tell me!

So Please place a
Yes or No Out of character in your posts if you would please!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

( @Space Face @SnakyDragon ) Galmiz, and Jaik: (ALRIGHT I DO APOLOGIZE FOR SNAKYDRAGON: To clear up what happened with Jaik Thorn and Delphi: We both failed at our reading skills and comprehension, Thorn thought the calming spell placed upon Delphi and ged was for the entire table but it wasnt, and i misread his post and thought that his mind buddy Discord was simply joking about and didnt actually give Delphi, and then i thought YOU kissed Delphi for some reason before scampering off.)

"A healer eh? We've been needing a lot of those lately..." The Marauder says as he writes down what you told him...

"But in order to stay here you're definitely going to have to pull your own weight though, healing, doing chores, patrolling, and fighting weather you like it or not... We're all trying to survive and we have to work together, so I hope you can understand."

He warns you as several others look Galmiz up and down, seeming to find nothing suspicious... and giving clearing hand gestures to the others and the two gods that had flew you over here to dismiss them... The Male god waves a quick goodbye to Galmiz before he departed with his companion...

This is now when Jaik walks up greeting Galmiz, with a snake trying to fit itself in one of his pockets....?

(after your guy's dialogue takes place and the Marauder finishes off his notes...)

"If he hasn't dealt with gods before, then he certainly will now... But, he's cleared for entry..."

The Marauder says before putting away the clipboard and writing utensils.

"Sir." The Marauder addresses Jaik with a quick salute...

"Since you seem so eager, do you want want to show the new comer around here tonight or tomorrow in the morning?"

He asks Jaik as the other marauders that gathered up disperse back to their regular posts...

How shall the both of you answer... or mayhaps ask to get more information?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

( @Shadow Dancer ) Marcus: After sitting down and quickly eating, seeing the strange events here unfold, you do think about heading off after you finish your plate... Nobody seems to thankfully notice you as you stand and take your leave... You explore the large and populated camp a little bit... it's a little more quite then it was before as people go ahead and get their rest and start crowding out...

Eventually... You just kind of... loose yourself in the sea of tents really, just as if it were like back home...

Granted, Patrols of armed and armored Soldiers/Marauders do still eye suspiciously you as you pass by them, but they pay you no mind it though, which was a step up from your world at least...

You eventually wander upon a random part of the Eastern side of the camp and find a small little, kinda empty corner in-between a bunch of mushed together tents put together in such a way its like a back alley with a dead end kind of... Minus the garbage of course though.

There were a few basic building materials like planks and spare tools and materials but nothing really outstanding... You could probably make a tiny little home back here if you wanted, although... maybe one of those people with those strange "Modifiers" could help you out here next morning?

What do you think? Attempt to make this little isolated a corner into something? Or perhaps seek elsewhere here or seek out some assistance?

Time taken: WAY TOO GOD DAMN LONG, many delays and lacks of motivations were had.

Total word count: Roughly 3300~ words

Total player/Character count: 16 Characters, 14 Players, Excluding Elijah and Duo pairs.

Seeing the crowd gathering around, Chris decides that well, he'd rather not suddenly thrown an impromptu party of sorts. He's just not sure how to break it to everyone else without people getting mad at him, well, someone'll be mad regardless. He puts his hands to the sides of his mouth and yells out, "Soda's gone! There'll be more tomorrow!"

After waiting a bit for the crowd to disperse, he decides that a few thing going on would probably go over at least a little smoother with his aid, "Excuse me for a little bit," he says to Roy as he stands up, then saying "and don't let anyone steal my burger... and if anyone gives you trouble, point them at me." as he walks over to the mages that cast the calming spell.

"Excuse me, but that fishman is having some sort of emotional breakdown," he says as he points over to Errg, "could you send some calming spells his way before he snaps and goes on a rampage? Though I wouldn't recommend anything too strong as I'm not sure how he feels about his emotions being manipulated."

After the mages give him a response he walks away.

Chris thinks for a bit before turning quickly around to snap his gaze directly at Misfortune. He quickly walks over to the spider-being, stopping in front of him and glaring before speaking, "Don't think I've forgotten about you from the spaceship. Now, a word of warning, if you try to make a move against Elijah, her modifier, or this camp in general everyone here will not hesitate to try and kill you...." he suddenly softens his gaze, "...but that really stands true for anyone here that poses a threat to everyone's safety. Just stay out of trouble and you'll be fine. I'd really prefer to not have to worry about what you're up to on top of all the other shit that's going on here. Okay?"

Bum bum badah! Bum bum badah. "Hush you." Thorn decided to stay back and see what he could hear from his place on the stairs. Hey, you remember that spell you had to amplify voices? "Pfft, 'course not."

ChrisClark13 said:
Seeing the crowd gathering around, Chris decides that well, he'd rather not suddenly thrown an impromptu party of sorts. He's just not sure how to break it to everyone else without people getting mad at him, well, someone'll be mad regardless. He puts his hands to the sides of his mouth and yells out, "Soda's gone! There'll be more tomorrow!"
After waiting a bit for the crowd to disperse, he decides that a few thing going on would probably go over at least a little smoother with his aid, "Excuse me for a little bit," he says to Roy as he stands up, then saying "and don't let anyone steal my burger... and if anyone gives you trouble, point them at me." as he walks over to the mages that cast the calming spell.

"Excuse me, but that fishman is having some sort of emotional breakdown," he says as he points over to Errg, "could you send some calming spells his way before he snaps and goes on a rampage? Though I wouldn't recommend anything too strong as I'm not sure how he feels about his emotions being manipulated."

After the mages give him a response he walks away.

Chris thinks for a bit before turning quickly around to snap his gaze directly at Misfortune. He quickly walks over to the spider-being, stopping in front of him and glaring before speaking, "Don't think I've forgotten about you from the spaceship. Now, a word of warning, if you try to make a move against Elijah, her modifier, or this camp in general everyone here will not hesitate to try and kill you...." he suddenly softens his gaze, "...but that really stands true for anyone here that poses a threat to everyone's safety. Just stay out of trouble and you'll be fine. I'd really prefer to not have to worry about what you're up to on top of all the other shit that's going on here. Okay?"
Misfortune looked up towards Chris, and immediately froze as he hinted at the chaos thing. Who was that anyways? Who was he kidding, he knew who that was... Right?

Either way, he became very submissive, acknowledging Chris's superiority. He really had to get of over that. One really good strike, and it was all over. He would temporarily claim the power of that elder God's modifier, and make quick work of the rest.

(yeah, skipping to the morning sounds like a good idea)

Neow46 said:
( @Shadow Dancer ) Marcus: After sitting down and quickly eating, seeing the strange events here unfold, you do think about heading off after you finish your plate... Nobody seems to thankfully notice you as you stand and take your leave... You explore the large and populated camp a little bit... it's a little more quite then it was before as people go ahead and get their rest and start crowding out...
Eventually... You just kind of... loose yourself in the sea of tents really, just as if it were like back home...

Granted, Patrols of armed and armored Soldiers/Marauders do still eye suspiciously you as you pass by them, but they pay you no mind it though, which was a step up from your world at least...

You eventually wander upon a random part of the Eastern side of the camp and find a small little, kinda empty corner in-between a bunch of mushed together tents put together in such a way its like a back alley with a dead end kind of... Minus the garbage of course though.

There were a few basic building materials like planks and spare tools and materials but nothing really outstanding... You could probably make a tiny little home back here if you wanted, although... maybe one of those people with those strange "Modifiers" could help you out here next morning?

What do you think? Attempt to make this little isolated a corner into something? Or perhaps seek elsewhere here or seek out some assistance
(OOC: and Yes to the time skip)

Marcus looked over the area at the tools, wood, and assorted materials and smiled to himself. The area reminded him of the alley home/hideout that he had back on his home world it was not much but it was home after he was forced to run from the law during his time he picked up a few skills needed to remain self-sufficient. After that bit of reflection he picked up a hammer and some nails and started to work on making a shelter for himself. Awhile later using the supplies laying around he had himself a small little wood shack with a canvas door and a floor of dirt as for a bed he used some cardboard laid flat on the ground it was not much but it would do wonders against the elements and be a nice peaceful place to call his own in this uncertain part of his life. He stored the tools and spare material in a corner, leaned his sword against a nearby wall and laid down reflecting on what had happened thus far not really concerned if someone found him here or not no matter how unlikely it was. "Well here's my new home for the foreseeable future so one question for myself should I go back to thievery like before? Ehh against these guys maybe not quite yet I'll just steal from these guy's enemies when I see a chance best way not to piss off the ones giving me food and drink and land for a place to sleep without too much worry." With that self discussion Marcus closed his eyes and went to sleep.

(@Space Face LET'S DO IT!!! :D )

"Sure! I would love to give our newcomer a tour."

He turns inquisitively to Galmiz, and head-nods behind him, motioning for the pair to start going.

"Any initial questions before I show you around?"

Neow46 said:

Major update #27!

As the night continues onwards, Dinner has stopped being served and the camp now grows quieter as night patrols rotate in so people may sleep....

IMPORTANT NOTICE/NOTE: Should we skip to the next day in game? I feel like some things are dragging a bit for some people, but if you think we should continue on as to what we are currently doing, then tell me!

So Please place a
Yes or No Out of character in your posts if you would please!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-​

( @Space Face @SnakyDragon ) Galmiz, and Jaik: (ALRIGHT I DO APOLOGIZE FOR SNAKYDRAGON: To clear up what happened with Jaik Thorn and Delphi: We both failed at our reading skills and comprehension, Thorn thought the calming spell placed upon Delphi and ged was for the entire table but it wasnt, and i misread his post and thought that his mind buddy Discord was simply joking about and didnt actually give Delphi, and then i thought YOU kissed Delphi for some reason before scampering off.)

"A healer eh? We've been needing a lot of those lately..." The Marauder says as he writes down what you told him...

"But in order to stay here you're definitely going to have to pull your own weight though, healing, doing chores, patrolling, and fighting weather you like it or not... We're all trying to survive and we have to work together, so I hope you can understand."

He warns you as several others look Galmiz up and down, seeming to find nothing suspicious... and giving clearing hand gestures to the others and the two gods that had flew you over here to dismiss them... The Male god waves a quick goodbye to Galmiz before he departed with his companion...

This is now when Jaik walks up greeting Galmiz, with a snake trying to fit itself in one of his pockets....?

(after your guy's dialogue takes place and the Marauder finishes off his notes...)

"If he hasn't dealt with gods before, then he certainly will now... But, he's cleared for entry..."

The Marauder says before putting away the clipboard and writing utensils.

"Sir." The Marauder addresses Jaik with a quick salute...

"Since you seem so eager, do you want want to show the new comer around here tonight or tomorrow in the morning?"

He asks Jaik as the other marauders that gathered up disperse back to their regular posts...

How shall the both of you answer... or mayhaps ask to get more information?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time taken: WAY TOO GOD DAMN LONG, many delays and lacks of motivations were had.

Total word count: Roughly 3300~ words

Total player/Character count: 16 Characters, 14 Players, Excluding Elijah and Duo pairs.

SnakyDragon said:
(@Space Face LET'S DO IT!!! :D )
"Sure! I would love to give our newcomer a tour."

He turns inquisitively to Galmiz, and head-nods behind him, motioning for the pair to start going.

"Any initial questions before I show you around?"
" No. None that I can think of at the moment."

Curiosity called the Balkian to investigate what would be his home for quite a while, the overflow of questions had been quelled... For now he would be content with learning more about his surroundings. With a slight hallowed thunk of wood against bone, Galmiz slipped his slightly instigating staff where it peered over his shoulder, the unwielding weapon straightening his back at a an strange akward angle. The staff held tightly off the ground by his bag strap, the bag itself hung close to the Balkian's hip and swayed gently as if to protect the items within.

Besides the elongated fanged snout of the mask that concealed the priest's face, Galmiz had a poofy mane of feathers that branched from behind the boney back, the same kind that dangled from a wooden necklace he wore. Upon his tail, a strange spiky outgrowth created a sort of package that hung loosely from the tip, while what he wore what seemed like a ceremonial belt with some more associated skulls. Black with slight grey patches of scaled muscles danced in perfect harmony as Galmiz prepared to follow the assassin, his hoofed feet barely making sound.

"Pardon my question, but how long have you been here? "

The hollowed insides of the mask echoed the Balkian's words slightly, his voice a pleasing tone and had the boldness of a young man,but the wisdom of someone much older. Rich red reptilian eyes glittered with wonder and deadly calculation,but had the glow of good will and intentions as the priest watched his guide through the large socket of the skull.

(Yes on the time skip and I did a thing with Neow for this post.)

"Relations sound like they have hurt you a lot. Both physical injury and guilt. It seems so...unnecessary."

"Hold on, What? If they actually layed a single finger on me, they would have been the ones getting injured, AND arrested!" Delphi raised an eye at Coatl before turning her gaze away again. "The guilt part you aren't so wrong about though.... and yeah... relationships suck like that, but you can't have love without heart break really." She muttered a little bit, ears folding down on her head.

Coatl realizes she was speaking metaphorically about injuries and internally corrects his mistake.
"I think I am starting to get it now. Nothing in any world is wholly good. Mezbet taught me that one." Coatl finds himself smiling a bit. "I do not think I love Kalos. And I will not forget what you taught me. But for now I think I will find that god I captured, I have training to get to if I am going to fight more of these things." He then turns 180 degrees and begins to walk off but stops himself. "And Delphi: Thank you. If you ever want to talk come find me, I feel I owe you at least that much."

After a response or a lack of one Coatl would continue on to find the skeletal god he had captured earlier.

Errg keeps steadily banging his head into the table as his body morphs and grows and shrinks and stretches and changes colors, mumbling that name over and over again and crying. Sometimes he lets out a mad, giddy laugh or a bestial growl, like some crazy person. Other names drift through his head, but they don't stay long enough for him to attach them to anything. They might as well have been gibberish. And the world around him might as well be blank nothingness, the fishman shut off everything but that one name. Even that dreadful spider thing was but a distant blur.

Aurae... Remembering is hard, but just the name fills Errg with sorrow and gives him the impression of beauty and perfection. Perhaps she was a goddess? No... Errg slowly pieces it together. Aurae was a sea elf, beautiful and graceful and generous and perfect and he remembers a perfect smile that would shine like the sun even in the deepest abyss, but she was not a goddess. But Errg, or whoever he once was, worshipped her like one. Then he remembers the smell of blood in the water... After that is an angry, empty blur. Rage, the taste of blood, shouting, running, waking up in the wilds...

Errg leans away from the table and vomits, loudly. He wants all of this poison out of his body. He wants to stop remembering. He doesn't want to piece all of this together, he was already remembering too much. He doesn't want to remember that
they killed his goddess. He wants to forget. He wants to kill something. He wants to cry. He wants to hunt. He wants to run away. He wants to destroy. He wants to be alone. He wants revenge against the world and against the gods above and the demons below. He needs help.

Izhane sighs and leans against the table. Looks like he was too late for dinner. Oh well, he was used to working through dinner and going a day or two without eating or sleeping.

He looks up at Maya and... Oh goodness, must be new here, I think I'd recognize that face... Izhane blushes for half a second before shaking the thought out of his head and clearing his throat. "Ah, any idea what the hell happened here, of why that horse ran away? I was gone for barely any time, and then all hell broke loose. By the way, are you new here? I don't think I've seen you around before."

Maya looks over at Izhane. Seems she was deep in contemplation before the salamander snapped her out of it. "Hm? Oh, yeah, I'm new here. Uh, 'scuse me a second."

Maya turns toward Cass. "I'd rather not risk it. I see your point, but the idea of bursting into flames and dying horrifically is less than ideal."

Okay, ignore idea of your goddess being not-powerful, back to the cute lizard boy. "Name's Maya. What's yours?" She extends a hand to Izhane.

Izhane takes Maya's hand and shakes it. "My name's Izhane. It's a pleasure to meet you, Maya. So I'm guessing you ended up mysteriously warped here like everyone else did?" Izhane smiles at her, doing his best to ignore the fact that she was just talking about bursting into flames with someone else. Being nosy is generally frowned upon, and he wasn't sure he wanted to open that can of worms.

Drifting like a cobweb in a breeze, Koya twists around a guyrope as Chris accosts Misfortune. He waits until the fox finishes, keeping an eye on the modifier on the meantime. Clear of Chris and the reek of draconic influence Koya reaches out to Misfortune:

'Um. Hey. Just a word of warning - Chris is a kitten compared to... hang on. Kid? Cub? A fluffy little cub compared to who you've got lurking in your modifier. You've figured that out, I'm sure, but anyway - whatever. Chris you can trusted to be Chris. Whatever Xenie Scaleface McBackstab has been whispering to you is about the best advice to take if you're into being scrubbed from reality like a used... disposable thing from your reality, as soon as he gets what he wants. You probably got that already though. He wins, we lose. Lots. Worse than dead.

In fact, if you/we can lead him a merry dance for as long as possible, we could even live long enough to ditch him properly. I'll, um, leave you to it.'

Koya flits off, trying to remember if there was anything else to do before finding Dani.

aquaInferno said:
"The guilt part you aren't so wrong about though.... and yeah... relationships suck like that, but you can't have love without heart break really.
He overhears Delphi's musing and hovers uncertainly. That's not right at all. Hells, where does that thinking come from? If these souls only knew... Subdued amongst his own thoughts he moves on. The sound of the camp settling down gives him something to get lost in.

creepingShade said:
He needs help.
The burning psychic heat of anguish brings Koya up short. For the second time, and after a considered pause, he extends his thoughts outwardly;

'If I may, what's giving you so much grief?'

~~~

'Oh, Rosanna, I thought you were...' Dani takes a breath and places the shard gently on the notepad. Blasted Hargraks, she thought.

'Warping home is a fantasy. If it can't understand that, we will have a problem. And I was going to ask it to help us salvage the Divergence.' Looking round at Rosanna she adds, 'I will talk to it - however little attention it pays to UGC directive. I had thought you'd be out drinking with the Marauders. Would you like to see me blindly experiment with alien technology?'

Turning her attention back to the shard, Danielle gathers her thoughts and her will. Keep it simple, he said. She visualises a glass marble like a compass, bands of light that seek out shards and glow with proximity. Be confident, be sure...

With that she commands it to be.

Even if she doesn't like relationships she still seems to like squeezable people (grumble grumble), though what she said is true. Oh well, she is a good hugger and somehow still smells nice, I don't think that this is too bad of a place. Ged thinks to himself while fully taking advantage of his position and relaxing in Delphi's arms. After a short while, he pulls himself free from her arms and recommends sleep to everyone around.

(@Space Face)

Jaik stops moving, and turns around to answer the question. His dark cloak billows behind him as he does so, revealing multiple tears and slices only earned through battle. He unconsciously fingers his kukris at his sides.

"I've been here for two days, but I've been HERE..."

He gestures to the world around them.

..." On and off for about a few days to a month for them, and three months for me. I used to have a space-time thing going on that zapped me all over the place..."

He thinks back to happier times, when Xenoth was a constellation and taking away his powers for popping up without adequate warning (Oops!).

"... Good times! It got cut off when I blew up a world, so no biggie. Where are you from?"

As they continue to talk, Jaik will begin to show him around the camp (more for Neow's narration than anything else. If you're curious, Jaik's taking them to the kitchen tents first, since they're closest).

Major update #28!

The general consensus is
Yes to time skip!

So proceeding to a new chapter/the Next day after this update! So this one's going to be a bit shorter,
But feel free to respond as you wish to this update, but keep in mind I will be working on the time skip ASAP and as much as i can so you guys don't have to wait very long!

All patience is extremely appreciated!

Edit: If you want your character if they're asleep or going to sleep, to have a sort of crazy self contained dream, go right ahead! just dont do anything too nutty or that would affect the outside world!

Main Group

( @Space Face @SnakyDragon ) Galmiz and Jaik:

The two of you walk through the more or less empty camp for a little while since most of it's inhabitants are more or less sleeping, so it seems Galmiz will only see the mass diversity of the camp in the morning most likely, as it was indeed very late on this planet's day and rest would likely be very important for now.

The two of you enter from the north western side of the camp and just move inwards for now towards the large tower in the center of it all...

Jaik explains that the general layout is that food and social stuff is the the north, western areas of the camp include medical, engineering, weapons and munitions, the eastern side of camp is more or less where most supplies are stored, and if he could recall, the southern side was mostly where most o the living areas where as well as hygienic and recycling was assumingly, he isn't entirely certain....

Night patrols don't bother to stop either of you as move past all the tents, (as well as grab a spare, rolled up sleeping bag for Galmiz because why not) hearing snores here and there as you two eventually move into the center stone tower, entering the first, practically bare cold stone sort of conference area, but the two of you simply continue onwards to a set of spiral stairs to the second floor of the tower....

The two of you enter a sort of oddly shaped room with different cells all along the walls, and Jaik walks up to one of the walls and presses a small button, and immediately the wall phases out to reveal a blank, square room with a small, round hole that acted as a window to the outside world... (Pressing the button again rephased the wall to give the room's occupant some privacy)

The rooms were liveable enough, and seemed to have soem room for other miscellaneous stuff as well.

For now, Jaik leaves Galmiz to his own sort of room and heads to his own up on the next floor of the tower, and the two of you rest....

[Hold out till next day if possible, do what you wish, but im doing my best to work on the next update! Edit: If you want your character if they're asleep or going to sleep, to have a sort of crazy self contained dream, go right ahead! just dont do anything too nutty or that would affect the outside world!]

( @Shadow Dancer ) Marcus: [sleeping until next day, just hang in there for now! Edit: If you want your character if they're asleep or going to sleep, to have a sort of crazy self contained dream, go right ahead! just dont do anything too nutty or that would affect the outside world!]

Time taken: WAY TOO DAMN LONG AND I THINK THE NEXT UPDATE'S GON TKAE EVEN LONGER

Total word count: Around 2000 or so words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back