• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Among Gods

A large knight took its attention away from Elijah and now loomed over Coatl with its sword and shield ready. Coatl brought himself down on his coils so he could swing below the knight's shield and slice the legs. He would be ready to extend and shoot himself towards the knight with a lunging attack, again with his flamberge.

"It's rather funny to me, while most gods think themselves to be perfect beings, they still act no better then some mortals!"

'I've yet to see any god act better than a mortal, bar one, perhaps. Or indeed any mortal be worse than a god... In this world anyway.'

Dani, consulting with another engineer, spins around as Delphi's alarm sounds. The hangar... something about that place and fighting stirs a dark trace of a memory... a black rage sweeps it away. The Divergence, even in its derelict state, afforded her the only shred of familiarity in the madness since the crash. Having only just regained it to have it violated again was an insufferable ignominy. She almost snarls.

I know I'm just a human, not even a soldier, but if these interlopers think they can just blow in like leaves then I will burn them like leaves.

Danielle races along the corridor to the hangar, stopping only to wrest a better weapon than her pistol from a bewildered soldier.

Koyaanis is taken aback by the flare of anger, and retains a troubled silence as he streaks hangarward. Therein among the ironclad knights is one swinging a great flanged mace at the wolfgirl and absorbing her retaliations with an enormous tower shield, which suffers a few crater-like dents. As it turns, with eyes glowing behind the slitted visor of a blackened bellows helmet, it sees striding through the doorway a slight woman forming beads of sweat on her brow, a murderous glare in her eyes and bringing to bear an assault rifle with underslung grenade launcher.

The knight breaks from the melee to face her. Stutters of marauder fire ping off it's armour, showering sparks and brass. With a flare of the knight's eyes the dents smooth themselves out, leaving the shining plate unblemished. Dani's first grenade hits it's shoulder, the armour shrugging off the high explosive but making the knight correct its balance and raise it's shield toward her. Three rounds of a burst from Dani's rifle strike the comparatively thin visor. The burning eyes reflexively duck behind the shield. The metal hulk takes slow but long strides forward, marauder fire still peppering the armour with negligible effect. She scans the figure looking for some kind of weakness. Recalling the last god-monster she had to fight, she knew mere gunfire and mundane tactics would be ineffective against a magical foe such as this.

That shield's like a wall, but it can't see through it...

An anti-materiel round ricochets off the shield with a resounding crack and whizzes past Dani's ear.

Check your fire you morons! Save it for the helmet - keep it's head down! Koyaanis yells in the minds of the panicked squad behind Dani. She dashes to the side, keeping a hangar forklift truck between her and the knight as she goes for a new angle.

What's your plan here? I don't know how to help, other than stopping these guys shooting each other with ricochet!

Flank it, let it blind itself with that shield and break it's hands, feet and joints until it's helpless, then... Shit!

The great mace crashes into the forklift. It soars into the air and tumbles twisted straight towards Danielle, who is slashed by torn metal but slides out of its path. The wreckage skids into the hangar wall, sparking and smoking. A dark thunderous mocking laugh echoes from the giant as marauders scatter.

Dani ignores the gashes staining her uniform and with a furious scream launches a grenade and a hail of bullets at the taunting knights face.

ag_5_by_neow46-dblcjk2.png

aquaInferno aquaInferno Illusionus Illusionus Bonzo Bonzo Seahorse Seahorse SnakyDragon SnakyDragon Bluesunnyday Bluesunnyday ChrisClark13 ChrisClark13 Ged Merrilin Ged Merrilin Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind @Peppermint Shadow Dancer Shadow Dancer Lily Moriya Lily Moriya Maurj Maurj

Missing you guys.
I could only include the main longtime cast due to bad time management.
We've lost and gained many along the way, for one reason or another. Be it time or falling outs.

But thank you for sticking with me throughout all of these years.
I can never thank you enough for the amazing times you've all given me, and allowing me to create for you even to this day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back