• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Among Gods

"Hmm... With four groups, we could surround the Divergence, and clear our ways through to the middle. Misfortune chimes in, "Then finish off what's left. Not sure on advanced strategy without a clear map of that ship, though."

Neow46 said:
“Scientist Danielle Sakharov, Last known classification: Research crew. What is your business here?”
Danielle bites back a "I have more reason be here than you have.", and instead opts for the formal tone better befitting an officer speaking in an official capacity, even if it's to an enormous alien meatbug.

'I came to find you, Captain. We have a some items to address.' items not problems, solutions not arguments... How does Koyaanis have the energy?

'Firstly I needn't remind you that being the seniormost surviving human member of the Divergence makes me the Commanding Officer for the human contingent of the Divergence, and as such...' don't pester my crew behind my back '...any mission-important data and requests...' you dare to order Rosanna around '...should go through me, as per protocol.' Danielle takes a breath, while the alien regards her in silence.

'Secondly, the Marauders...', not that they consulted me, '...are organising a mission to salvage what they can from the Divergence. My analysis of our current situation suggests that we should assist them for our combined survival. Your input would be appreciated at the meeting in the tower.'

'Lastly... I've heard something about attempting to warp back to our dimension. That's something we need to discuss when we have time.' She sighs and levels her gaze at the Captain. 'Understand this, we're equals, by UGC law and by circumstance. I will treat you as such and I hope you can extend me the same courtesy for the good of both of our peoples.'

How much time is this taking, she thinks. Has the meeting started?

Yes, come over and try not to micromanage everything.

Shit, what are they saying? That is my проклет ship they're talking about...

Huh, doesn't have your name on it - looks like anyone's box of goodies to me...

And what do you know, призрак пръдня? Tell them to wait for me, I'm coming now.

Relax, I'll stall them with your dream about that Navigat-

If you mention that one more time I will kill you. I will do the science and find out how. And then I will find a way to do it again. And again.

Jaik, intrigued by the possibility of inner-camp warfare, smiles grimly to himself.

This was more like his time in the backstabbing assassin guild.

Thank fuck.

He draws his kukris, reminds himself to find himself/get a wizard to craft another one, perhaps better tailored to fighting, so in the event that he loses one like what seems like every single fight he's been in up to this point, he can simply have a replacement, sainted of wasting precious battle time to try and find his dropped kukri.

Or attach strings. Either way works.

But strings can be severed.

What about magical strings?

If there was such a thing as a magical, indestructible string that can't be sliced in half, wouldn't it have been used by now?

Enough with the strings! They'd get all tangled, anyway. Just find a kukri, preferably a magical one that can pierce through god's hide, so we don't go relying on Coils hitting squarely on a vital part. Easier to do that with a foot-long blade (five dolla's!) than with inch-long fangs.

Coming under the assumption that the "pale boy" is one of the new residents of the camp, and that the three outnumbering him are marauders, he decides to charge in if the marauders attack him, or if the pale boy attacks the marauders, and take the side of the boy. Non-lethally. This could all be a big misunderstanding.

And killing valuable defenders of the map can only hurt us.

That too.

If it seems like the marauders will get away with the shard, he will walk into the room and prepare a monologue.

He'll figure it out.

But he believes it'll probably come down to the kukris.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kalos digs the bottom of his palm against one of his eyes, attempting to will away the raging headache brewing. "Fuck... Do either of you two know what happened to me last night? I think my nose got broken, and I obviously got completely shitfaced..."

------

Maya frowns, then glances down at Izhane.
"Are you gonna tell him or should I?"

Chris nods and stands off to the side as the meeting starts (a part of him wondering even if he could summon up a chair or stool right now... would it be rude to do so?), watching intently as it goes on. "With any luck my modifier will be recharged enough for the mission by the time it starts, failing that I'm not particularly useful." he shoots a glance at Elijah, "Or perhaps it would be possible to recharge it somehow." he makes mental a note to try and work that out later. "If my modifier was full, I'd be willing to go with the smallest group-lets call it number four-right from the get go, since I believe I may be the most skilled person with my modifier... but it's not right now, so I'm not sure which squad I'll be ending up in." he sighs as he thinks a little more, rubbing his chin. "I also do believe we'll need effective weapons, both for any tortured or gods that may be lying around. Maybe some sort of gun attachment that enchants the bullets coming out, one to set the tortured on fire... or maybe an acid effect would work better and the other with some sort of magic piercing effect... both of these likely in the form of a barrel attachment of some sort." He rubs his chin a bit more as he tries to come up with more ideas, "As for communications, I think we'll either need to rely on magic or modify the communications equipment we have to use some sort of signal... or wave type or something that won't be disrupted by the walls of the ship. Though using magic certainly runs the risk... well probably means that any enemy gods, that are smart enough, will be listen into our communications."

Right, so, the shard is nearby or fast moving. If Vizzie's gone and got another one he must have more brain damage than I thought.

Koyaanis weaves through the camp, spreading out a web of shard-seeking threads. The minds he brushes are occupied with the simple tasks of the mornings duties, or puzzling over fragments of last nights dreams. Nothing unusual for a camp at war. The marauders through whose tents he passes being in a state of partial undress cause a small remnant of memory to echo in his mind. It occurs to him that there's a connection between loss of body and interest in the camps nudity. He reasons that the time and place being what they were, this was neither one. Hmph. Some changes are definitely for the worse.

A couple of threads make their way to the safehouse, just in time to catch the Keeper's lecture to Chris. Koya listens in, borrowing unguarded hearing among those present, with some incredulity. So do the gods create the worlds, or the worlds, the gods? Is there a symbiosis? Looked like this world was just another flavour of an infinite range of realities. Unless his memories are dreams, or bent by illusions. That meant maybe this life would have no more or less meaning than the others. Suits me just fine, I'm having enough fun as it is. Wooooooo- Did Delphi just say 'Ancient Greeks'? Curiouser and curiouser...

aquaInferno said:
"... a way to send signals between groups for scouting purposes or in the case of an emergency, so lets start with that. Who here has those types of abilities?"
'You need a conduit? I could try, I'm not busy. Unless I'm too spooky for you.' He conveys to coatl, and any minds open to Koya's threads.

Koya realises only after a sharp mental strain that talking along threads this thin to souls this strong is a shade too taxing. He retracts some tendrils trailing around the camp. Consolidated to a more manageable web, he keeps his search up and channel open.

'Ow. Can everyone dial down their mind barriers? Also I'm not going to even try getting through to Eli - she's got too much magic around her. And I can't even see this antimagic Marcus bloke, wherever he spoke from. Dunno who can actually hear me right now... show of hands? Oh, heh. Everyone don't think of elephants. Ah, I see...'

He trails off as he finds Byron and the trio in a confrontational haze in etherspace.

Uh oh.

He flows around the mind of the confrontational marauder, and tries to let the souls around him sense his presence.

'Oi. I can't physically stop you being stupid, but I will haunt you SO HARD for the rest of your life. Unless you simmer down, that is. Where'd you get my shiny from, anyway?'

Coatl glances around not seeing anyone whose voice matches the mental message he had just received.

"Anyone else hear that?"

"You seem friendly enough right now, what is your name and where are you? I cannot send mental messages unless I can see the person that I am contacting."

If this guy is as friendly/harmless as he sounds he could be of great use to the groups.

"You also said something about mind barriers. Can you read our minds?"

Of course if no one else can hear this guy I will just look like a fool. Still, best not to think of anything risque, just in case this guy can read minds.

(@arcaneSentinel @Bonzo)

All of Jaik's preparatory thoughts go out the window when Koya starts talking.

It's his modifier.

His. Fucking. Modifier.

How the hell did they get Koya's modifier?!

The assassin strides into the room, taking notice of Byron, the three marauders and a certain lack of Koya. Which means nothing, since right now he's a bunch of intangible mist.

"Marauders. I deeply respect what you do for our camp, as well as your combat training."

He stares down the one holding the shard, ready for any sudden movement any of the three (and Byron) of them make.

"But you are holding an artifact beyond your comprehension, and I suggest you give it over so Elijah and the Keeper can study it. Now."

Jaik can feel his thoughts speeding up (and the world around him slowing down) as he prepares to enter combat-minded mode. Instinctive. Realizing that two versus three would favor him but, decidedly, not Byron, he pats his chest as if clearing his throat, but actually wakes up Coils.

He appears to not have noticed his hands clenched, knuckles white, on his kukris at waist-level.

Izhane looks at Maya and raises a brow. "Tell him what? I was gone half the night because some psychic pixie wanted to harass me, steal my shit, and then tried to make me make potions for him. So I have no idea what's going on with him. You'll have to explain why he looks like he wrestled an orc." He whispers, trying to divide his attention between Maya and Kalos, and the meeting. "Sorry, I don't know anything."

He listens to everything that Delphi and the others have to say with a frown. While the alchemist hasn't seen the massive craft, the descriptions he's heard are nothing short of mind boggling and terrifying. A ginormous metal ship that fell from the sky, infested with Tortured? How the hell does someone even get that much metal, or get it in the air in the first place? That doesn't matter, though, all that matters is trying to get the job done without losing anyone. And to do that, he's going to need to know what everyone can do...

The alchemist stands up and clears his throat, trying to get everyone's attention. "Ahem... I agree with Delphi that one modifier per group would be very helpful, especially if we run into a god while out there, but I think it would be important for everyone here to tell what their particular skills are. Many of you know each other, but new people seem to fall from the sky every few hours and I don't know anything about most of you except from people taking about battles back at camp. I'll go first. My name is Izhane, and I work with the camp's medics as an alchemist and healer. I am highly skilled in the brewing of magical elixirs with a wide range of effects, but as you can probably gather from my small stature I am no good in hand to hand combat. I have some talent with a crossbow, but I also am quite adept at creating firebombs, like liquid fire, so if I say get out the way, please get out the way for your own sake. I have some innate ability to manipulate fire magically, but I can't just extinguish you if something goes wrong. Lastly, I was the leader of an effort to reclaim territory overrun by monstrosities, pirates, and other vagabonds back in my home world, so I have some experience leading groups of skilled individuals through danger. That is all." Izhane sighs when he finishes and sits back down, hoping the others might follow suit.

Errg was pretty pissed off that he didn't get to break the dumb spider thing, but he has bigger fish to fry. He grunts out a "Thanks" to the Marauder that pointed him towards this 'Sub-commander' and starts trying to seek her out. If he was remembering correctly, she was the angry furry one that beat up the young dumb lover. He heads toward the tower, because people in charge tend to like tall buildings and people seem to be heading there. Good a place as any to start looking.

He quickly realizes that stairs are a pain in the ass. Back home he could just swim to the top of a building, but this sucks. Oh well, the walking gives him time to calm down a bit so he can ask his question without getting too pissed off and hurting someone. Looks like there's some sort of meeting when he gets to the top, and he recognizes some of the people there, but he doesn't really care if he's interrupting. The fishman points to Delphi and grunts. "You, tribe leader. Errg has important question. Think I was knocked out by a witch, know who might have done it? Won't kill them. Just want to talk to them. Fucking with Errg's head is a bad idea, might break something, might lose control, freak out. Any of you know who?" His eyes turn from Delphi to everyone else. Then he remembers the damn spider thing that's been annoying him. "Oh, weird spider thing has been following me around, think it's been watching me or the camp. Tried to break it, it ran away. Watch out for it, could be no good."

aquaInferno said:
"You seem friendly enough right now, what is your name and where are you? I cannot send mental messages unless I can see the person that I am contacting." [...] "You also said something about mind barriers. Can you read our minds?"
'Koyaanis is my name, and not unless people need me to - one moment, I've got a fight in the camp to sort out.' Koya sends to the tower, distracted.

"Koyaanis eh...?"

Coatl sees everyone around looking a bit preoccupied.

Some fish was distracting them with talk of spiders which made his skin crawl. Perhaps someone noticed, perhaps not.

At the same time the fire salamander was making good use of his time. It was good to see another leader in the mix, even if he was not a warrior his apparent resourcefulness and intelligence stood out to Coatl.

"Good let us continue to us our time planning instead of rambling about sedatives and spiders. I will be concise so as to better preserve our time. I am Coatl, a pharaoh and a general. I fight with a flamberge and magic that my world has considered unholy. If you see undead with yellow eyes leave them alone, they belong to me. In the case of this mission it is important that I disclose that I can commune without words so long as I can see my target."

"In addition, a Koyaanis just communed with me a minute ago, he said he could help. I have no idea who he is and he definitely is not in this area because he said something about a fight in the camp that he must sort out."

Chris ponders the pros and cons of fessing up to what he did and... decides that telling Errg now is better than telling Errg later, considering that Errg said he wouldn't kill them but Chris is still pretty sure that Errg will still try to harm him, but hey later, Errg might want to kill him in truth if kept quiet now about it, "Errg, I was responsible for that and I'm also going to be completely honest with you here since I don't like the idea of getting punched. I have some sort of bullshit power that I apparently got between the time I died and the time I appeared in this world, though I don't have any memory of what happened in between. In short, my bullshit power lets me listen in on what events are going on around me as if some sort of 'narrator' was describing them in a large-ish area. This 'narration' as it pertained to you posed the question of either calming down or going berserk, I wanted to remove the option of you going berserk and harming those around you while you were in the middle of some sort of emotional breakdown. I told some mages to do some sort of spell to calm you down and they choose to do a sleeping spell."

Chris's fingers twitched to draw his plasma cutter as he continued talking, but he didn't want to piss Errg off any more than he probably already was, "Honestly it seemed like the best option at the time and, even accounting for the fact I have a bullshit information gathering power, knowing what I knew then I'd make that same decision again; and really I'm leaning towards trying to do a similar thing again if you get close to going on a rampage of some sort in the middle of the camp. Though I'd try to see if I can't whip up something to teleport you somewhere where you can't hurt anybody. The main reason I did what I did was so that you wouldn't make enemies out of the entire camp by going on a rampage. Also, before you even consider it, I'm probably not the best person for helping you dealing with what you're going through."

Chris shoots a glance back at Elijah, "But what I do know that is Elijah over there seems to be going through something at least somewhat similar to what you're going through and maybe you could help each other out or something. I'm sure if any gods are watching this shit right now, they know you both need to get your shit together somehow."

Neow46 said:

Major update #30!

Sorry for delays and the over 3 week Hiatus everyone, lotta stressful days, immensely shitty time management, and everything’s been a huge roller-coaster of work and trouble after work and trouble recently, hopefully we should be back on our weekly schedule now that I've finally got a little bit of time back to myself!

Hope we haven’t lost anybody during the hiatus here! But seriously, thank you all for your patience ;;;

Writing these massive things has always been getting progressively more and more difficult and time consuming as real life ramps up for me.

Also just a heads up, Unless your character is doing something else/seeking out some other objective already (For example, Errg seeking the mage who casted a spell on him the previous night), you’ll all most likely be heading to the conference up on top of the tower this update because honestly I think everyone wants to get the plot moving along and just asking whether you’d like to do something else or not would just delay everything further so lets go go go.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

( @Space Face ) Galmiz (Please refer to the previous update for context as you have not posted!)

As you meddle within the room that was provided for you the previous night, the wall that also functions as a door suddenly phases out, and a soldier of the camp around the tower that you were in stands in front of you, it was a human if you recalled being told the previous night, a female one.

She stood with her arms crossed and foot tapping; she was clad in a strange black mesh of armor that looked like chain-mail if it were a fabric, she wore no helmet or mask like the others, instead her head was revealed; her face rather angular and sly looking, brown eyes with brown hair that was cut at a length just above her neck in a casual fashion.

“Hey, you, did you not hear what the spooky voice said earlier? Everyone’s got to attend this meeting their having up on the roof.”

She said with a rather demeaning tone, as if she were talking to misbehaving child.

“But, I’ve been instructed by the Sub-Commander to give you the option to take a small tour of the camp to get you situated here, since you’re new, we don’t exactly know your full on capabilities and we’re uncertain if we could immediately throw you into a dangerous combat mission unless you really want us to for some reason or another.”

Her tone changed immediately, this time slightly more friendly and casual, placing gloved hand on a hip and using the other to gesture out words.

“So what do you say, you wanna show up later to this meeting they’re having up there or should I take you and show you around?”

She questioned rather impatiently, waiting for your response.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

( @Shadow Dancer ) Marcus: Slowly opening the door as to not blind yourself from the rising daylight, the Marauder you see is a bit different then what you expected. Rather then the usual soldier looking type, this Marauder was quite a bit smaller and shorter, but not short enough to be a dwarf.

They wore the bulky tan armor of the marauders and had a sort of weapon holstered on their back but, with the curly blonde hair and tired but innocent blue eyes, they looked more like some sort of young childish boy.

“Y-you could have just used one of the spare civilian tents down in the southern side of camp you know…”

They said rather worrylingly.

“A-anyways, im not here to arrest you or anything really, but uhm, I’m actually here to ask you to come to the conference the commanders are holding on the roof of the tower over there at the uhh… the uhh center of the camp.”

The marauder pointed to the stone tower that did indeed sit at the center of this large camp, it was a little bit of a walk from here, but you could make there easy.

“I uhh, I uhh guess I got kinda lucky finding you here, k-kinda just guessed that some of the people I’d need to seek out would be well… in a shack strangely built here in the middle of these tents…”

This girlyish boy of a marauder keeps talking, voice still confusing you and making you wonder if they were actually a girl or a boy.

“I.. I’d really appreciate it if you came with me but uhh, I dunno, if you’d really want to or not, I dunno if I can actually stop you from NOT going b-but, at the same time I don’t wanna get in trouble or anything…”

The small marauder was kinda right, he honestly didn’t look like much and you could indeed very easily not even choose to go to this meeting they wanted you at here without consequences…

After all, there is still some exploring still needed to be done around here for you to get your bearing and maybe understand what exactly was going on in this world with all the strange people, attacking gods, and magics all around…

So, what do you think you’ll do?

(If you head to the conference/main group, assume you are automatically taken there, and may respond to whatever goes on there, but if you choose to not go, I’ll collaborate with you through Pm’s so you don’t have to wait for another update to explore/get to know things!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

( @Neuton ) Ryan:

After noticing the invisibility spell beginning to wear off, you start your way to the large trees in the distance… still basking in the splendor of the rising sun to the east…

It does take you a bit of a walk, dodging between different grass covered hills to avoid being sighted by anything to finally reach the trees, however, these things were more massive up close then they were from afar!

It’d probably take at least 5 to 8 copies of yourself at arm’s length each to even wrap around one of the trunks of these things!

It’s strangely quiet out here though here… You hear none of the fabled surface animals above or around you, nothing flew between the high branches above or roamed around the pine and grass covered ground you treaded upon…

Suddenly, from afar, much deeper within the trees, a horrible, deep moaning of a roar emits… soon another, this one wailing and screeching, followed by yet another, almost soul stopping roar of what you could only imagine was a true nightmare….

“Mortal.”

A strange, hardly comprehensible voice suddenly sounds from above you.

“Do not farther into this forest.”

It warns you calmly between the distant roars and moans that were getting louder and closer.

“There are monsters beyond even the most vile of any god's love here. They will tear you apart if they find you. You must-”

Another screech sounds, this one far louder than the others, almost as if whatever made it was nearby!

Immediately, you hear a loud –SLICE- sound from wherever the voice was coming from up above!

-THUD- Something lands right behind you.

Turning yourself around, what you see absolutely repulses you.

On the ground was a horrendous sight of a charred, fleshy mass of a torso, it looked as if it's limbs were sliced clean off and the wounds cauterized with only a small trickle of pitch black ooze dripping from them...

You hear another, immensely loud roar from behind, and whipping around yet again, you see a humongous monstrosity, similar to the corpse which has landed next to you, it's entire body like charred and burnt flesh, all over it there protruding spikes and bits of sharp splintered bones extruding from even the most illogical places where there should not be bone in the first place.

This one's form was also far different from the torso next to you, far larger and far bulkier, rampaging through the trees, blasting off chunks of wood as it passes by them unharmed!

From above, you see a shining ray of light blast downwards in a brilliant, fiery pillar, and you hear the roar of the monster from behind it!

Soon, another thing lands next to you with a near earth shaking slam!

A person clad in full metal armor, shining almost as brilliantly as the sun that had greeted you when you arrived. In their hands was a sword like any other you've seen, it's entire blade seemingly to only be made of a blue, molten fire that shimmered in the light.

“Run you fool! Out of these woods! Unless you have some sort of death-wish, Run you foolish mortal!”

The knight yells, as the pillar of light casted onto the beast dissipates, the hulking monstrosity from entirely incinerated into nothing but ash!

But not far from it though, more of it's kind in all different shapes and sizes were crawling and charging from the woods, their screeches and cries chilling you to the very soul!

What shall you do?!

(If you wish to collaborate a post with me instead of just saying “i run”, shoot me a pm and we'll get somethin' done!)

( @hector212121 ) Roy: You will be marked inactive within 1 update, please refer to previous update(s)!

Time taken: Over 3 weeks, im a piece of shit im so sorry ;n;

Total word count: ~Around 5500 words!

Total player/Character count: 17 Characters, 15 Players, Excluding Elijah and Duo pairs.

( I Apologize For My Absence, I Had To Attend A Funeral A Little While Ago. My Family And I Are Having Trouble After It Being Active. :( I Am Sorry If This Caused Any Inconveniences.)

The sudden entrance of feminine soldier startled the Balkian, his hands quickly snatching his mask from its place beside him to hold akew against his face. The Forgotten Goddess's Priest's mouth was revealed to be an undefined line filled with long, needle-like teeth as rich red eyes squinted from the crooked eye-holes of the skull.

"My apologizes... I had to make sure I still had all my belongings... one of many of my bad habits I need to break."

His hands played with a thick black ribbon that hung on the sides of the mask, the silk's soothing texture calming Galmix's fast beating heart. The thump of cloth and other unknown items rang loudly in the quieted room as clawed hands tied a large bag around the strange staff before it was swung over his shoulder, the mask straightened and held close to his face by its ribbon.

"I rather learn a bit more about my surroundings before getting to know its population... I don't want to be guided all the time, besides... I want to repay a debut and fulfill a personal goal."

Hastening up the stairs of the tower, Danielle curses the Hargrak captain for only the second time today. She wonders what she's supposed to say at the meeting - will she be questioned or expected to volunteer valuable information?

I bet no one is even taking minutes... she thinks sarcastically, momentarily forgetting koyaanis was elsewhere and couldn't appreciate it.

When she arrives, it's just in time to hear coatl say:

aquaInferno said:
"In addition, a Koyaanis just communed with me a minute ago, he said he could help. I have no idea who he is and he definitely is not in this area because he said something about a fight in the camp that he must sort out."
A fight? That idiot's supposed to be here. Alone again with a panoply of aliens and creatures from children's stories - and one other token human. Regardless, and wishing to appear unphased by the weirdness of the world, she takes a seat without a word.

ChrisClark13 said:
"Errg, I was responsible for that [...] get your shit together somehow."

Great timing, Sakharov.
Danielle takes out her notepad and starts sketching and jotting down as many details about the Divergence as she could recall. Focussing on this new task she can't help but picture flashes of the hellish hours spent in the wreckage after the crash.

This time I will be strong. I will be strong from now on.

Basic training, ship emergency drills, simulated hostile boarding and counterattack exercises, catastrophe protocols... the basic layout of each deck, where the computer interfaces were, the route to her office via the dining deck, the smell of the awful slop the hargraks consumed, the faces of the crew, her laboratory assistants and their little human quirks, flaws, kindnesses and habits...

Strong.

Wake up! Grab a brush and put on a little make up! Thorn's head slipped forward, and he shot awake. With his mind in a fog he looked around to the people, and tried to get his brain cells up and running. Shouldn't be hard, you've got like 3. Oh hey Koyannis if you can hear me, WHAAAAAALE TRAAAAAAIL!!! "What?"

(If it makes a difference Discord 'shouts' loud enough to be heard by every psychic in a mile because porquoi pas)

Never mind just pay attention for once.

Thorn wiped his eyes and redirected his ears to listen, catching the tail end of the discussion. I like big tail ends, and I cannot lie. With a yawn, Thorn sat up and raised his voice. "Hey uh, my turn I guess. My name is Thorn, and I'm trained for espionage, not combat but I have a Timberwolf familiar and these pistols I've never shot so....If I were you I'd put me on a team with some stronger folk." Thorn, you have the strongest heart of anyone here, and I won't let you think otherwise. I beleive in you. "Would you shut up already?"

Thorn cleared his throat and got his thoughts back on track in order to continue.

"I like the fox-guy's idea of modding our weapons to kill those tortured things, but if it proves too much for even your modifier-gem-things, I miiiiight know a way to do it without magic....sorta..." Oh you mean that one time you mistook a bowl of dried rat genitals for-- "We agreed to never speak of that!"

Errg does his best to hold back a growl, but he can't help but snarl at the fox. He was absolutely disgusted, but not at all surprised. The fox seemed to be one of the 'more important' people in the tribe, and higher ups always did whatever they want without thinking about any consequences coming to them. The fish-man takes a few steps forward, but he's very aware of how many potentially dangerous individuals are around him and keeps a few feet between him and the fox to try to make it not seem like he's coming in to attack.

"You have one of your witches cast a spell on Errg again, and you'll wish I went on a rampage. You don't know a damn thing about what you're messing with! People like you, don't stop to think when they think they know everything already!" Errg growls and point a finger at the fox accusingly. "You don't know damn thing! Was sad and crying, not mad and smashing. Why the hell would you think Errg would go on a rampage when Errg was busy wailing like a motherless fry? Think Errg's just some dumb brute that can't handle being allowed to think and feel on their own without having someone control Errg? Think you know a damn thing about Errg? Older than you all put together and you think you're wiser about my own head than me?" He's visibly shaking with rage and he's practically screaming, and his scales seem to actually slowly be taking a reddish tint. It could be Chris' eyes playing tricks on him but it seems like Errg has also actually grown slightly taller.

"Trying to protect you, fool! Head's not set up normally, magic fucking with my head is a horrible idea! Could set something off, set me off, make me lose control. Maybe kill a few people..." He bares his teeth and leans in for intimidation. "So don't fucking mess with my goddamned head if you don't want the dumb brute to go on a rampage! Let me feel, for gods' sakes! Crying, let Errg cry. Laughing, let Errg laugh. Mad enough to bite your goddamn head off, let Errg scream and punch some rocks and let off some steam before Errg bursts! But this dumb brute has some morals, said I wouldn't kill whoever did it. So don't do it again, Errg isn't going to warn you twice. Got it?"

Chris nods quickly, "I understand. Just..." the foxman statement trails off into an awkward silence as he tries to figure out what the hell he actually wants to say here, 'I did what I thought I had too?'... he had already said that. 'I was scared of you?'... that's not quite it... Chris straightens up in his seat as he resumes speaking, "Well, I was missing information, scared- really scared of another cluster fuck going down, and impatient to do something other than sit around. Knowing what I know now, I would've just let you be."

Chris slowly lets out a sigh then takes a couple of deep breaths before looking around the group thinking of anything he could add to the conversation at this point, not finding anything he cracks his knuckles and shifts around in his seat, grumbling as he talked to himself, "...and why does it feel like I've been sitting here for weeks now?"

"Yeah, that's always it, innit? Someone's always scared so they go and try to control someone else..." Errg makes a face of disgust and spits on the floor. "Don't do it again..."

He turns around to face everyone else. "What's going on here, anyway?"

"'Pale Boy', huh?" Byron puts his hands out in front of him, looking at his palms and backs of his hands. He had never really thought about the condition of his skin. As the man had pointed out, his skin was extremely pale. "Well I suppose that can happen to you when you haven't seen the sun half your life." The "Pale Boy" let his arms drop back to his sides when he sees the individual walking up to them from the corner of his eye. He recognized the person as one of the people who had assisted in the fight against the three gods just yesterday. As he gets closer, Byron raises up a hand to let him know that everything was under control. "He's right." The young man expands upon the assasin's order. "Even Elijah and The Keeper don't know about these things. What makes you think you're capable of using one of them correctly?" Byron opens his hands so that they are facing down and parallel to the ground. A light mist slowly forms around his hands and he slightly bends his knees.

He's right though. If we do attack, it may stir up a commotion. With them plotting against Elijah and The Keeper with that modifier, that won't be good for us. I need to be sure we don't harm them. As much as I'd like to, we can't right now.

Major update #31!

Once again, terribly sorry for such a horrendous several month Hiatus everyone, everythings been pretty hectic and busy for me lately, but now I've finally got a few months to dick around until college, hopefully we can get back to the regularly scheduled weekly updates!

Hopefully we haven't lost anyone, and I promise I'll do my absolute best to not let such a long hiatus happen again, but it's damn good to be back!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conference/Main group:

( @Space Face ) Galmiz

“Oh, No, it's not an issue.” The human responds almost non-nonchalantly.

“If anything, my bad if I showed up and opened the door a little quicker then you would have liked.”

They stare blankly at you still, seeming rather disinterested and strangely unbothered by the appearance under your mask, which was rather... strange you'd think...

“You could probably leave your stuff in your room here though, even if people did try and take it, they'd really have nowhere to run off with it or really any use for whatevers in there, but do what you want I guess.”

She shrugs as she turns around and motions you to follow with a wave of her hand, to which you quickly follow.

The two of you exit the stone tower that was centered in the large bustling camp, you follow close to your guide amongst the crowds and moving patrols of armed men, women, and other beings running around, doing chores, keeping the peace, and otherwise just living as the two of you join the crowds and move with the crowds, eventually reaching the large, northern social area where people were lining up towards different tents, often coming out with food on the other side.

“The name's Kim by the way.”

Your guide speaks up suddenly as you two wait in the line for food.

“I'd imagine you've got a name too don't you?”

She asks as you two move through the line and grab trays of assorted foodstuffs, heading off and finding a table to sit at to eat.

“So this north side here is obviously where we get fed and also do all the social things and drink beer, to the North west is where we keep a lot of our ammunition and defensive set ups like barricades and materials for building things, to the North east is where we keep most of our food and living supplies like toilet paper, towels, and easy bake cookie, if you even know what any of those are. After we eat we'll circle around counter clockwise of the tower and show you the south and west side of camp.”

“Also, whats this about a Debt/Personal goal? Mind if I ask you to elaborate?” She says, noticeably more curious then from before, and a little more awake after drinking whatever hot brown liquid she poured herself in the tent along with the food she munched on now...

So, how do you respond?

(Feel free to hit me up with pm's and we can make dialogue really quick and faster rather then have to wait for another update if you wish!)

( @Neuton ) Ryan: (Please refer to previous update as you haven't posted! I understand it's been a while, but do refer to update 30# for reference on what to do!)

( @Razyn ) Monica:

Razyn said:
-Name
Monica the Thugnificent

-Physical description

Standing at seven feet tall, four inches on top, 174 pounds of lean dark muscle, Monica is a giant among men, women, children, and small pets. He wears stainless white jeans, high top sneakers, and a heat proof fleece jacket, all of which contrasts nicely with his dark skin and darker hair.

Monica can usually be seen carrying his 200 pounds of Bose brand sound equipment all of which is neatly strapped together and hooked up to his unseen backpack underneath. Aside from some miscellaneous jewelry (all gold) that's about all to Monica's looks.

-Describe their personality to a good extent

Monica is usually a quiet guy. It's not that he's shy, he's just quiet because he understands that his voice, the voice of a giant, carries heavy power with every word he speaks. He makes sure to pantomime as much as possible while speaking as little as possible.

Additionally, Monica has a superior amount of patience, able to withstand all assaults of honor and injury before he finally finds a reason to fight back with words or fists.

Despite all this, Monica will always answer a friendly musical challenge and belt out a huge battle of musical rap stylings. And he will always have a soft hum to everything he does and says, regardless of company.

-A Bit of bio/background story

Monica is the brother to Number 4 of the Righteous Six, a six part government force leading half of the cold and snowy nation of Rapland in a centuries long war. Rapland had almost always been contested for by the Righteous Six and the National Murder-Clown Association, but Monica had never wanted to have any part of the war. He lived his life quietly, away from the press and the conflict, seeking to live peacefully on his own. He even started his own indie label, to try and recruit promising young rappers who didn't want to fight the endless war of the R6 and NMA. Things were going well. Monica had his talents lined up, his first clients had earned their own gold album, and he had established himself as a man not related to Number 4 of the Righteous Six.

Unfortunately, it wasn't meant to be. One morning, Monica awoke to the news that Number 4 was murdered in cold cream in a tragic and explosive whipped cream accident late the previous night. Obviously it wasn't an accident of any kind, just the news presenting it that way. But it didn't bode well for Monica. As heir to the Number 4, he would have to join the Righteous Six in their war against the NMA. Monica denied his birthright and fled the country and the life he had fostered, leaving his record label to his best talent.

Last he heard as he endlessly roamed Coolworld as a vagabond was that the Righteous Six was torn by a schism between the odds and evens, and that the country was falling apart under the oppressive rule of the National Murder-Clown Association.

-Any abilities or skills your character has

Monica has the impressive talent to reshape reality with his prolific rapping capabilities. He hasn't fully focused his talents as of yet, but he can do a number of simple tricks mysterious lyrics. These include instantly dry cleaning his clothes, refilling his drinks, and patching up any damage his clothes take. The only offensive lyrics he knows can knock back enemies, or depress/infuriate foes.

As the heir of Number 4, he should potentially have unlimited stamina, and lyrics that can change the bodies of his foes to his will. But he's never unlocked them, preferring to live modestly.

- At LEAST ONE Weakness or Two.

Monica, whether he likes it or not, is a Rap Giant of the Righteous Six. These two facts mean he has a strange code of conduct and habits.

He's forgotten which come from his race and which come from his upbringing.

-Monica always makes noise. Anyone can tell where he is based on sound.

-Monica does not wear anything that isn't stark white

-If at anytime he is wearing inappropriately colored garb or his clothes become the wrong color, he has to stop and impulsively remedy the situation

-He won't deny any challenge, but he will try to incorporate music into the challenge

-He attempts to spare every enemy

Its been a good while since you've heard any good tunes being sung by the birds or any of the sick melodies of the wild life around, it's quite strange you think to yourself, just as strange as all the trees around you suddenly getting stupidly thicker and taller, reaching skyscraper heights and widths it feels like as you wandered through these silent titans.

Only now as you've been walking through them for what feels like the past day or two you've finally reached an exit it seems as you step a few feet out of the tree line to gaze upon a wondrous view of an endless ocean far ahead, morning sunlight glinting off it's surface brilliantly, the wind silently chiming it's humble tune over grassy and rolling hills that seem to go on forever east and west just as the gargantuan trees around you do.

There was a great sense of peacefulness and calmness here, the emptiness allowing the wind to create a mood for your ears, nothing else was to be heard but the gentle waves crashing upon the beach acrossed the vast expanse of grass and hills, and the wind dancing among the high tree tops above you...

It is all weird as shit.

As far as you could recall, there wasn't any sort of location like this in Cool World... Hell, there shouldn't even be trees this massive or a vast emptiness of grassy plains and a beach line with an ocean in such a straight line.

Hopefully, this wasn't some cruel trick by something you ate this morning or last night... or worse, a trick by the Righteous Six... (Or should we say Righteous Five?)

Looking around, you honestly don't see shit for ANYTHING to your left besides a continuous line of trees, grass, and water beyond what you can even see, (and looking up above at the sun's position, you assume it's rising from the EAST, which is your left), however, when you gaze on over to the right, not too far away you spot something rather odd...

What looked about a 15-20 minute walk away out in the grassy fields was a large, bluish dome that seemed to cover what looked like an entire village or camp centered around a large stone tower which emitted the dome... and all around the dome there seemed to be all sorts of winged creatures flying around and orbiting it...

Well, since you don't necessarily see anything else to go to or do, looking back behind you there's nothing but more ginormous trees...

Double checking your equipment, you start to take steps out of of the tree line towards the strange dome far away....

“Broooother....”

A Ghastly voice moans behind you suddenly... Wretched and pathetic sounding, certainly unfit for any kind of sick raps.

“You must not be out here, the New Order will surely spot you from here, let us retreat back into these infested woods...”

Whipping yourself around, rather then spotting one of the Six or another resident of your world, you witness a rather out of place and odd ghastly band of no eyed, skeletal, priestly looking wraiths, Their bodies translucent as they seemed to emanate a strange fog around them, grasping at the clean air around them, on each of their faces seemed to be stitched patches of skin that covered their eye sockets, their rather ugly voice all combining to make the one you could hear.

“Brother? Are you there? You know we cannot see you, but we can feel your presence... Please, speak to us! What is this that you carry upon your back?”

They cry out unanimously as they approach you slowly, feeling the air around them with their bony hands.

You think whatever the heckie these things are, they've probably mistaken you for someone else, as far as you recall, you don't know of any band of weird looking 5 foot skeletal wraiths at all... Although that fog around them doesn't look very healthy...

What shall you do?

( @Azure Sky ) Hyperiex:

@hector212121[/URL] ) Roy: You have been marked inactive.

Time taken: WAY TOO FUCKING LONG HOLY SHIT A 2 MONTH HAITUS IS NOT OKAY

Total word count:
~Around 3400 words!

Total player/Character count: 18 Characters, 16 Players, Excluding Elijah and Duo pairs.

"Your opinion makes sense, second in command Delphi." Misfortune made a mock-salute, and lost all emotion, before using his modifier to create a generic-yet-authentic-looking American 1850's rifle. He worked the loading mechanisms, aimed at the nearest space lacking living beings, and pulled the trigger, causing a metallic snap as the flintlock mechanism failed to ignite any gunpowder, striking the metal cap instead. Misfortune couldn't hold back a grin, and giggled after a few seconds, resting the butt of the rifle on the ground.

(WOAH WOAH WOAH @Bonzo for writing the update. Character conversation with Byron first!!!!! "Wind your way up to the top floor". What a bunch of BS.)

Jaik turns to the boy whose ass he just stuck out for.

"... So... how, uh... how'd you end up in that situation?"

"Misfortune..." Mei speaks with a cold voice that no one had heard for a while. If it wasn't for her luminous golden scythe you probably wouldn't notice she was there. "It is ill advised to fire a weapon in such close proximity to your allies. There is no need for a demonstration right now." She stepped towards the center of the group, away from the back wall she'd been leaning on. "I'm fine with leading a small group. But that ship is oversized and overrun. When the keeper had everyone demonstrate their ability to fight tortured they could barely manage one, let alone a hoard of hundreds."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back