• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

αησтнєя נσυяηєу, αησтнєя ρяσвℓєм

"My hero," Rae said with a playful tone, pecking Blue on the cheek softly as he set her down. She cradled the pokemon to her chest and stood closely to the gym leader, watching and unable to hide a little smile as it peered up at her, eyes wide and curious. "You're kind of like Stitch, wrecking everything you touch. What's got you so riled up, fella? You're gunna give Blue a heart attack! No more jumping, and no more Oran berries!"

'...Tree?' It grunted confused like, still processing it's sudden allure to the human that held it.

Brendon let out a yelp at the same time Red had bolted underneath the table, slamming back onto the tile, groaning as his head smacked the linoleum.

"Oh, baby!" Caroll yelped and ran to her son, nearly slipping herself, but the Professor caught her arm, throughout frustrated, yet, underneath hat creased brow was a splash of amusement.

"Mom! I'm fine," He groaned, propping himself onto his elbows.

Underneath the table, however, Red was unable to say the same. The first reaction was confusion, how did two people even end up in a position like this without it being scripted? Then the relief settled in, as it was undoubtedly the sweetest thing he'd ever encountered, Ariada's kiss..

It was incomparably perfect.

Then the nerves settled in, as he realized she must have hurt herself, and here he was just focusing on himself. He started to pull back, murmuring an apology he didn't really mean, but yelped as he whacked his head on the table, simultaneously pressing his palm on Mudkips tail, who blasted a bubble beam upwards, soaking the man for the second time that day.

Blue grumbled nonsense as his face slowly began to become warm as he desperately tried to fight it. A small peck shouldn't make him react such a way, but it did...and he didn't know why. He has been kissed on the cheek by various of women, why is Rae's small innocent feather-like peck any special? Grumbling, he crossed his arms and glared at the Treecko. "You're gonna be a pain," he hissed.

In response, Treecko blasted him with seeds, making Blue cry out.

Wiping the seeds off, he glared at his pokemon, before turning to the Birch family. Quickly, he bowed in apology, "Gomenasai!" he said in his native tongue, then he straighten back up. "We're sorry for the mess. I don't really mind staying a bit late to help clean up..." he mumbled, shooting a glare at his starter pokemon in the corner of his eye.

When Red had backed off, Ari knew that her face was red in flames. She stared wide-eyed at Red, however when he bumped his head on the table whilst pressing his palm on Mudkip's tail, she gave a small giggle. "Are you alright there?" she asked shyly, glancing up at him. Ari turned to her starter pokemon, and gently cooed at him to come closer. The frightened pokemon walked over to his trainer, jumping into her arms and nuzzling her. "Sssh, ssh." Ari whispered comfortably, "It's alright. Everything's calmed down," she smiled.

She glanced up at Red, her face still noticeably red, like his name. Shyly, she crawled out from underneath the table and stood up, Mudkip in her arms. What greeted her made her wince.

"I knew coming over here was a bad idea..." she mumbled. She crouched back down to Red and held a hand out to him, "Are you coming out or are you gonna stay there underneath the table?" Ari asked with a small snicker.

"Is staying under here really an option?" He asked with a lop sided grin, taking her hair gently and rising to his feet. He smiled at her basically, wiping a little water droplet from Mudkip on her cheek.

"Oh.... Damn."

The entirety of the kitchen was soupy and messy, the exact opposite of what it'd been when they arrived. He went to adjust his hat, gasping when he realized it wasn't on his head. He looked around frantically, only to see his trembling, league official cap in the corned of the kitchen, a tuft of yellow fur sticking out from the slit on the back. Pikachu stood next to it, pointing at the cap accusingly, dramatically rolling its eyes as Red gently made his way over.

As he pulled it up, the Torchic she'd a tear, absolutely trembling in its spot. "Hey, hey, it's alright, you're not in trouble," He told him, and Red was gentle as his flustered appearance could portray as he scooped up the tiny pokemon and, for the second time that day, held it to his chest.

"I... We really couldn't be more sorry, it was intended," Red said clearly, grimacing at the grave look on the trio's faces.

"So, I... Guess this means no dessert?" Rae asked with a half hearted humor, nearly jumping into Blue's arms when the Professor suddenly bursted into laughter, only to simmer down at the scowl from his wife.

"No desert... ahahaha! That's a good one! Oh... Caroll, my darling, I'm sorry, I just... ohohohoh," He held his stomach, his shoulders shaking dramatically as he continued to laugh. Rae, catching onto his contagious titter, began to join in the laughter, and soon after Brendon was busting up, too.

"What on earth is so funny?" The woman sighed, heading over to the side closet where she pulled out a mop.

"Just... tonight, us trying to be normal," Birch laughed harder at this. "And all of you, apologizing like it's never happened before. Ohohohoh... don't you know families put on a show for company? Outside of guests we're dysfunctional ourselves- OW!" He flinched as Caroll whacked him with the back of the mop, causing Rae's face to turn pink as she laughed even more.

Red chuckled, feeling the tension ease up and Torchic's trembling lessen. "Really, though, Mrs-- Caroll-- Err... Allow me," He held Torchic close in one arm and took the mop with the other, swirling it around along the time as Birch calmed down.

"Blue, my boy, you're as admirable as your grandfather, thank you for your words. But I've enjoyed the four of you more than I have any strangers in years! It's been a pleasure! Too bad it has to end today, ohohoh... I've had enough excitement to last me the weekend! Son, go wash up, carrots don't suit you very well."

Brendon snorted, "Gee, and here I thought I was in style."

"Oh, you two," Caroll sighed and shook her head. Rae handed Treecko to Blue, who clung to her shirt as she tried to. "Come on, love, I have to make amends."

"Caroll, where should I start? Rae asked, and held up a washrag and a sponge proactively.

When Birch bursted in laughter, everyone stared at him weirdly until gradually Rae and Brendon joined in. At their contagious laughter, Ari let a few giggles slip and Blue rolled his eyes. At least it wasn't as tense anymore...

Mudkip climbed onto Ari's shoulder so she was able to use her arms and help clean up whilst Blue glared at the Treecko in his arms. Treecko, of course, returned that hatred glare. It's not that they hate each other...they just dislike each other! For the meantime. They'll eventually grow to tolerate one another. Picking him up like he was a toddler, Blue glared at his pokemon. "I have a nickname for you. Trouble. Because you're such a troublemaker," Blue snorted. In reply, Treecko–Trouble–blasted him with a facefull of seeds. Instead of crying out like before, Blue kept his glare steady, "You're helping me clean up because this is mostly you."

Ariada laughed, turning to Rae with a smile, "They'll grow to like each other," she said with a roll of her blue orbs. Then she hesitated for a moment, before adding two more words: "I hope."

After being assigned cleaning duty from Caroll, it didn't take long for the house to be like it was before; except without the wafting aroma of veggie stew. Blue frowned, "We didn't even get to eat before all this commotion happened." He grumbled as he finished putting everything away. His stomach rumbled for food, and he couldn't help but blush in embarrassment.

With a small sigh, Caroll shook her head, "I'll just make some quick pizza, does that sound alright to you guys?" she asked in her motherly tone. Before anybody can answer, Caroll gave a smirk, "Too bad, you don't get to answer. Go on and relax in the living room. Pizza should be done in ten," Mrs. Birch smiled, shooing the four towards back in the living room. Opening her mouth, Ariada was about to protest before Caroll sent her a warning glare. "Shoo. Shoo." Using her hands for the shooing motion, she ordered for Ari to go.

Sighing, Ariada did what she was told too and met with everybody else back in the living room. Mudkip jumped off her shoulders and playfully tackled the Skitty who appeared out of her hiding spot when the chaos was happening. Ari watched with an amused smile as the two began to play fight with one other, settling down on the floor near the two.

Blue decided to keep his pokemon out as well and settled back on the couch, resting his head back. Delcatty jumped onto the cat and rested her head on Blue's lap whilst momentarily stealing Rae's spot, sending the said girl a mischievous look. Blue was exhausted, especially after that commotion. What else could happen in this one day...?

Brendon had returned from his quick shower, now in a simple black shirt with his pajama pants on. "You guys already cleaned up?" he asked as he went over to the couch beside Ari and settled down. In response everybody nodded.

"It didn't take that long," Ari snorted, "After all it was six of cleaning at once." The ginger gave a smile, then without waiting for an answer she pulled out her personal phone, realizing she had way too many messages about her blog. "Ooooh...shoot I forgot I was suppose to be blogging..."

- - -

AriiStar's Journal: Adventure in Hoenn with Blue, Red and Rae!<3

Entry Date: July 25th @ 8:56 P.M.

New Companion + Starters

ahsfkasjfhaf I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT BLOGGING THE LAST TWO DAYS!! I got a reason! I got a reason!

Hoenn really had a lot planned out for me– are you guys ready to listen??

Well, firsts first, you obviously can tell I got a new companion, seeing as it's "and Rae!" in the journal title now. Yep! I got a new person to tag along QAQ her name is Rachel, Rae for short. She's an aspiring model who is under the apprentice of the Elesa! Quite the wow, huh? xD

Now, you're probably wondering why I added "+ starters".

"Ari, you're not a trainer just beginning!"

I'm not but I did get a new stater! He's a cute litle Mudkip whom I named Kippling! He's adorable!<3 I'll show pictures soon, alright?

Anyways, Red got a little shy Torchic, and Blue has an aggressive Treecko whom he named "Trouble." xD Blue really sucks at nickanmes....I'm pretty sure he named his Eevee "Eves". Cute name, but seriously, he needs some more creativity xD

Anyways, that was how it was so far. We had a lot of troubles...but I don't feel like typing it out xD Maybe, next time I'll tell you~ Until then,

See ya lovlings!

~ Ari<3

Rae sure hoped Ariada was right about Blue getting along with his Pokemon. It was one thing to have such a finicky Eevee, but a recalcitrant Treecko? She grimaced at the thought.

Delcatty had just barely beaten Rae to what she believed to be her spot, beside Blue. The brunette huffed, feeling a pang of jealousy that was fairly unfamiliar to her, "Um, ex-cuse me, I'm sitting there."

'Nyaaaa nya nyaaa,' the feline swished her tail around, nearly whacking Rae in the face whilst curling up closer to the gym leader.

"Oh yeah? Two can play at that, primadonna, scoot over Blue," She shifted to Blue's other side, plopping down between him and the arm of the couch, where there was only just enough room for someone as thin as her. Treecko crawled over from the head of the couch and situated himself on her chest.

What'd happened between Red and Ariada was unknown to all besides the two and a very suspicious pikachu. The male sat on the sofa near Ari, though not quite as close as before in fear of his face flushing worse that it had underneath the table- If that was even possible.

"H-Hey... Ari, I don't want to interrupt your blogging, I just... Are you okay after our... collision, earlier?" He asked her nonchalantly, fumbling with his pokedex as he asked. Pikachu bopped over and perched on his shoulder, teeming with curiosity.

It wasn't the place to really pursue the questions following that... accident, was that all it was? He didn't know if it was normal for a man to analyze so much, wasn't that the woman's trait? Or was that just a sexist assumption? Either way, the moment played on his mind- perhaps if it'd been anyone else, like Rae, he'd just brush it off and close the case. But it wasn't just anyone else. His gaze lingered on her as he contemplated, still thumbing around.on his device whilst he awaited her, hopefully hushed, answer.

Brendon sprawled out on the floor like he owned the place- cause he did, filling embracing the Kippling and Skitty as they pounced on him as if he were a trampoline. "So abusive," He chuckled.

"So, Rae, is modeling fun?" He asked, getting to a sitting position, his hair ruffled as Skitty speed at it. "Cause, ya know, I've though about modeling for myself. Calven Klein, or something."

Rae bit her lip to keep from laughing, "Oh, well... there are height requirements, for one. Your gotta be five eleven, at least."

He frowned, thinking about his measurements. "Weeeell I'm five seven right now, maybe I'll get taller?"

"You've got a few years of growth spurts left," Red chimed in reassuringly, casting the boy an encouraging grin.

"Niiice," He fist pumped.

"Sure, sure," Rae leaned back against Blue, whipping out her holocaster and messaging Elesa about their evening.

Laughing, Blue wrapped an arm around Rae's shoulders and one behind the head of the couch. He sent a cocky look at Ariada, "See? All the girls want me," he joked, making the ginger roll her eyes at how stupid he sounded. However once Treecko made his way onto Rae's chest, snuggling up there comfortably as he sent Blue a nasty look, the gym leader stuck his tongue out childishly. "Treecko, it's not nice to steal," Blue hissed.

'Tree~!' Treecko replied, snuggling closer to Rae's chest. Blue rolled his eyes. He stroked Delcatty's head, who purred and nuzzled her head in his hand.

When Red quietly asked her a question, Ari's face grew a bit pink as she remembered what happened. Finishing up her blog and posting it, she turned to Red with a soft, shy smile. "Yeah, I'm fine," she reassured. "Are you alright?" she turned the question onto him. "I mean, it sounded like you hit your head pretty hard, and another splash to the face..." Ari trailed off, averting her gaze momentarily. She mentally cursed at herself. It wasn't like her to be all shy and quiet when she was with Red. Maybe was it because she had a huge crush on Red since...ever and that was the closet she had ever gotten to him? Well...excluding the not-so-friendly hugs....

"So Brendon wants to be a model?" Blue started with a deep chuckle. "You want all them girls all over you, don't ya?" he asked with a snicker as the male's face burst into flames as he desperately tried to come up with an excuse.

"All the girls?" A sweet voice butted in, and everyone turned their heads to find Caroll entering the room. "My baby only has eyes for that one girl. May, was it?" she questioned. "Yeah. May, Norman's daughter. She lives down the road and I always see her and Brendon together. It's so cute," she laughed gently, and in response Brendon sputtered an excuse.

"M-Mom! How many times do I have to tell you: May and I are just friends!" he exclaimed.

"Aww, my baby boy is getting embarrassed," Caroll cooed, laughing.

Ariada's answer had eased his nerves considerably, knowing that she wasn't upset with what happened, and hearing how genuine her answer sounded, Red knew he had no repercussions to worry about.

"O-Oh, no, I'm fine," He said bashfully, slipping off his cap and hanging it on the arm of the couch. "I'm... Glad you're... okay with this evening, then."

Now, he just had figure out what it all meant, and if he was supposed to take a step forward, or keep it comfortably awkward where it was. He wasn't the fifteen year old who had a thing for his pretty companion any more; it's been years since the start of their friendship, and things have progressed considerably, they were older, moves were being made...

He wasn't so dense as to not see where this could lead to. But this new journey of theirs was supposed to be light hearted, free and exhilarating- Would pursuing something other than just adventure be am issue? Or was romance an adventure in its own?

With a hand to his head, he groaned; Red was getting a head ache from all the hypothetical thinking. His gaze lingered on Ariada as he settled into the cushion, Torchic was nestled right between his legs, wide eyed and alert as it took everything in, Pikachu curled up under his arm, jealous of the bird pokemons spot, presumably.

He was suddenly aware of Brendon's voice, defensive and pubescent as the others seemed to be trading him over some girl. "May, huh?" Red wriggled his eye brows, "Gym leaders daughter? Impressive."

Feeling Brendon's embarrassment, Rae hid her face behind her hands, feeling her cheeks grow warm as his did and biting back the urge to join in the teasing. "Oh, you guys are awful..." She laughed lightly.

Caroll pranced back into the kitchen, opening the oven and letting a new aroma, this time of baked bread and fresh herbs, fill the house. Rae's stomach audibly grumbled, which made her face turn even more red. "Oh, wow, I'm really starving..."

"Eat up, loves. I'm off to bed," Caroll told them, setting a rather large platter of cheese pizza on the coffee table in the living room. "Your welcome to the fridge if you're thirsty." As she climbed the stairs, she told Brendon, "Don't stay up all night!"

"Heh, yeah right..." He snickered.

"Excuse me?!"

"U-Uh, I said yes ma'am!"

He winced and waited till her footsteps disappeared, and the bedroom door audibly shut.

"Heh... No way am I sleeping yet. I'll go grab you guys some blankets and pillows. I've got a Ps4, "

Red and Rae yawned audibly at the same time, the brunette snuggling in her spot as the sleepiness settled in, whilst Red crawled down onto the floor, nudging Ariada playfully before he scooted beside where Brendon would sit, switching on the console and ready to game for a while.

A laugh couldn't help but pass through Ariada. A laugh of relief, mostly. One, because things between she and Red aren't tense and uncomfortable like she feared it would be after that small...encounter. Two, the Birch family wasn't mad at any of them of wrecking havoc. And the third is because everyone seems to been enjoying themselves. Sure, it only has been three days since the adventure officially started, but if you look at it; Ariada was the one who dragged most of them with her. Persuading Red down Mt. Silver wasn't as hard as she thought it would be. Blue had came on his own free will (and also because Ari needed somebody there. Being alone with Red on an adventure that will last probably longer than a year? No thank you.) Finally, she had invited Rae to come with her.

Well, in the end, everyone got what they wanted and it's a new adventure! How can you not enjoy it?

Snapping out of her deep thinking, she watched as Red settled down next to where Brendon would be sitting and close to her. She gave him a soft smile as she leaned her head back. Skitty was curled up beside her and so was Mudkip, both of them sound asleep.

Blue reached over and snatched a slice, he obviously very hungry. "Been too long since I had homemade pizza," he laughed. Ari gave a small chuckle.

"It certainly hasn't been that long has it? We had pizza at my house before we left for Hoenn," she teased.

"Well, that's different! It was made by you. This pizza was made by a mother!" Blue shot back, his voice playful and light.

"I don't see it," Ari giggled as she stroked Skitty's beautiful pink coat.

It didn't take long for Brendon to come back down with a handful of pillows and neatly folded blankets stacked on top of one another. He gave a blanket to each individual before settling back down on the ground.

(Skip!~)

As dawn stretched over Hoenn, a soft blue glow emanated from behind pulled, sat in curtains within the Birch family home. The living rooms current inhabitants made for a rather comical picture.

Brendon had fallen asleep mid game, curled up on the rug, and nearly hidden under three, thick blankets and a Swablu. Red had insisted Ariada take the couch, being the sweetheart she was she refused, and inevitably fell asleep on the floor, which Red just couldn't allow. He'd carefully lifted her in his arms in the middle of the night, her lightweight figure making it easy. He placed her on the couch, cushioned, blanketed and with Kippling for company, before he made a makeshift bed beside her on the floor, and passed out as soon as he found a comfortable position, his gaze lingering on her peaceful sleeping expression before he'd dozed off.

Rae was curled up on the sofa opposite of them, having fallen asleep somewhere in the early morning, insisting Blue stay awake with her whilst excitedly showing him pictures from her shows and such in Unova.

Professor Birch had come down early that morning, shaking his head with a fond smile at the exhausted kids before him. He watched them for a moment, making a mental note to shun his son later for filling up on sodas and licorice before bed. After brewing a quick cup of coffee and gather his carrier bag, he was out the back door, and off to another long day of work.

No one was awake yet.

Where was Blue, you're wondering? He was sprawled out on the floor beside Rae's couch and...under the coffee table like the weirdo he was. Delcatty wasn't far from him, sleeping soundly with her tail wrapped around one of her kittens. Out of them, Brendon and Blue were snoring the loudest and surprisingly, it didn't wake anybody up. After Birch had left, which was at six in the morning, a few more hours passed by and Mrs. Birch made her way down with a tired yawn.

She had the same expression as her husband at the first sight of the five sleeping children. She found it a bit amusing how the guys were sprawled out on the floor and the girls curled up on the couch. With a small shake of her head, she made her way into the kitchen to make herself some tea and start breakfast.

Surprisingly, Blue was the first to flutter his green eyes open. His vision was blurry and he allowed it to clear a bit. What greeted him was the peaceful expression on Rae's face across the room. He smiled, propping his chin on his hand as he gave a small yawn, laying there as he slowly woke up. When he finally decided to get up, the first thing that happened was a small yelp leaving his mouth as he hit the top of his head on the coffee table he was sleeping under.

After muttering curses under his breathe and wondering how he got under there in the first place, Blue crawled out from his sleeping place and gave a big long stretch, a long yawn following.

Red felt a warmth emanating to her left and turned over on the couch, her brown eyes sleepily meeting Blue's with a smile in them as he'd seemingly just woken up. She jerked a little as something wriggled against her chest, but was quick to remember no matter what position she'd gotten in last night, Treecko had clung to her, like a Slakoth to its mother. "Morning Trouble," she cooed softly, earning a happy growl in response.

The wafting aroma of breakfast gentle eased its way into the living room. Though they'd all delved into the pizza, inevitably finishing off the platter throughout the night, they were all notably hungry the next morning, at least, Rae and a grumbling Red sure were.

He flipped over on his stomach in attempts to ignore the Torchic peeping beside him, presumably hungry, too. He groaned into his pillow, instantly clamping his mouth shut when he realized he could wake Ariada. His head rose up and he wondered who all was awake yet, noting the hazy blue glow that gave the living room that early morning atmosphere.

"Morning, weirdo," Red called to Blue, whispering as Brendon was still sacked out just a few feet away. "Who the hell sleeps under a coffee table? I woke up in the middle of the night like, what the hell."

He watched Rae rise to her feet unbalanced and fumbling as she sleepily felt along the couch, nearly tripped over the rug twice, before disappearing down the hallway to the guest restroom, clutching her bag as she disappeared.

"Women," He rolled his eyes.playfully, assuming she was off to freshen up.

"Everyone awake?" Caroll asked timidly from the kitchen entry, sighing at the sight of her son. She walked over and gently patted his head, "Brendon, love, wake up, it's time for breakfast."

Red smiled, she sounded like his mom.

"Morning," Blue greeted back with another yawn as he finished his morning stretches. "And obviously I do," the trainer shot back with a snicker. Turning to Red, his eyebrow rose. "I thought Ari fell asleep on the floor...?" he mumbled, pointing to the two of them. Not like it was a surprise, though. Blue, Red and Ari all have shared bedrooms before and it always usually ended up with Ari being too nice and wanting to sleep on the floor while the guys get the two beds, and Red protesting. Ariada always ends up winning and everyone falls asleep in their respective place, until well...Red wakes up and switches spots with Ari.

Shaking his head, he responded to Caroll's question. "Ari's still asleep. Like always," he sighed, staring at the sleeping ginger. Her ginger hair was pulled back into a lousy, tiny ponytail. Her hands were tucked under her pillow while in her arms was the little Kippling. She always slept in and always ended up the last one to be ready and such. Let's not mention, she is the one who also gets the gentle treatment when around Red. Blue's rival always woke up him rather rudely while Ari got the nice treatment! How unfair!

Blue gave another yawn, 'Women shall be women. Don't judge their womeness," Blue laughed, being a bit too loud as Ari groaned at the noise.

"Shut up Blue...you're too loud," she mumbled, her eyes still shut close as she was snuggled up against her pillow and blankets. Blue rolled his eyes.

"Get up lazy ass. Time for breakfast," he mumbled, throwing a small pillow at her face.

In response, Ari groaned. "It's too early..."

Brendon had disappeared upstairs after his mother had woken him up, grumbling like a child, off to change since they had company.

"Breakfast is ready, kids." Caroll said softly, before disappearing upstairs to speak with Brendon, likely about his sugar crash last night.

Red eventually rose to his feet, denying the urge to glare at Blue for speaking the way he did to Ariada. The bickering wasn't anything new, and he knew, in the end, they were like siblings, so he had little to worry about. He headed towards the bathroom, rising his hand to knock, "Uh, Rae? It's Red... I-"

"-All done," she chipped from behind the door, flinging it open and letting the steam from a shower she'd taken insanely fast waft out.

"No way you took a shower that fast," He said incredulously as her lavender perfume enveloped him, receiving a boop on the nose in response.

"A model has mere minutes to get ready for the day," She told him mallifluously, tugging at her light pink, cashmere sweater and shoving her hands in dark wash, denim jeans. "Don't underestimate me, Champ."

"I won't," He grinned, nudging her lightly before he disappeared into the restroom.

The brunette headed into the kitchen, "Can I help set the table?"

"That'd be lovely," Caroll chortled. "You and Ariada should come here more often, you're both such dolls."

Pikachu, Torchic and Treecko all waddled into the kitchen, eager to eat breakfast as well.

It didn't take long for everyone to be done and ready with their morning routine, and breakfast. As Red was getting ready and Rae and Mrs. Birch set up the table, Blue made himself some coffee (with Caroll's permission) while Ari was curled up asleep. Mudkip had jumped off the coach and joined his friends in the kitchen with an energized chirp.

"Ariada, honey, it's time to get up," Caroll gently cooed, shaking up the sleeping adult as if she was waking up her daughter, not an twenty-year-old adult. Ari fluttered her blue eyes open for the first time today and yawned.

"I'm up, I'm up," she yawned, sitting up to stretch.

Blue chuckled, "You seriously love your sleep,." He teased, taking a sip of his coffee. Ari sent him a tired glare and got up.

"How did I even end up on the coach? I thought I fell asleep on the floor," she mumbled, taking out the hair tie that fell her hair in a ponytail and brushing through her thin locks with her fingers. Blue snickered.

"I thought so too," was his only answer as he shrugged. He turned to find breakfast was ready, and he settled down in the same seat he did last night. "Red!" he called out, "Breakfast! Hurry it up!"

Ariada flinched at his obnoxious voice, not liking that he was so loud so early in the morning (it's not that early...) as she joined the rest at the table. She greeted Red with a tired smile and a quiet "Morning."

Breakfast went through in a comfort silence, with Ari cooing gently as she fed Mudkip pieces of her food. Finally, they all did a quick cleanup and Ari made her way into the bathroom to wash up for the day.

Blue, however, caught Rae's stare on him many times whilst they were eating and decided to ask the girl about it. Catching her topaz-brown gaze, Blue sent her a smile as he walked up to her, "Hey. You looked like you needed something?"

Though he'd heard every time his companions questioned how Ari had moved during the night, Red never once made an effort to answer. Aside from not wanting to gloat about his chivalry, he found it a little amusing to be behind the scenes, not even Pikachu knew exactly what'd happened!

As breakfast had continued, he'd found his heart thudding faster and faster. What if he kept up the chivalry? What if he was a little more bold? He'd have to experiment when Blue and Rae weren't around, preferably if the two got a moment alone, though that thought just made his heart beat faster.

"Oh, you caught that?" She ran her fingers through her hair out of nervous habit. "I was just... thinking about taking a walk around town, though... maybe, you'd like to come."

"Y-You know, to walk Trouble, Eves and Lottie and... people watch," She grinned, unsure if she came off as friendly, or a stuttering idiot.

"Oh, that sounds like a lovely idea," Caroll told them with a melodic hum as she put some things away in the refrigerator. "This town has a few cute places to visit, if you choose to do so."

"Sounds fun, we'll clean up," Red added awkwardly, to which Rae rolled her eyes at the intrusion of her question.

Ignoring Red's awkward comment, Blue sent Rae a soft smile and ruffled her hair, "Sure, of course. I don't mind a walk around town, just lemme get ready," he laughed as he was the last one not ready. Without waiting for an answer, the gym leader made his way into the bathroom, and just in time as Ari exited.

The two exchanged a soft smile as Ari made her way down. Mudkip heard the soft footsteps of Ari and turned around, eager to greet his trainer. With a 'Muuu', the small blue pokemon bounced over to the ginger, jumping on her bare ankles in hopes to attract her attention. Laughing lightly, Ari bent down and scooped her pokemon up, nuzzling the starter.

"Why, you dressed up nicely!" Caroll cooed gently, noticing Ari's cute summer dress. Ariada gave her a shy smile and twirled around.

"You think so? I just bought this recently," Ari giggled. "Do you need any help with cleaning up? I don't mind staying a bit longe rot help..." she trailed off, holding her hands behind her back.

Caroll gave a soft smile, "No. No, enjoy your stay in Hoenn. I can clean up by myself."

"Ah, I insist! It's gonna haunt me!" Ari dramatically whined.

Laughing, Caroll shook her head, "Fine, if you say so~"

Blue's reaction had led Rae to feel childish, and she frowned a little as he walked away, but decided to shrug it off as a friendly gesture that she shouldn't over analyze. She'd just... never really had someone do that before. With a raised hand, the brunette combed her hair back to its original state.

"Come on, Trouble, you're going too," She told him, and allowed the pokemon to perch himself on her shoulder. "No bullet seeds, alright?" He nodded half heartedly.

Red had pushed in his chair and piled up the plates in his arms, heading over to the sink and insisting Caroll allow him to wash. He snuck glances at Ariada as he stood there, offering timid smiles when she caught him, and grimacing when she didn't. Hand holding had been one thing, but... He wanted to kiss her again. On the outside, even to them he seemed his calm, usual self, but inwardly he was cringing- How would he do this? Should he have manned up and asked Rae or Blue how if they thought it was a good idea?

This certainly wasn't Red's first time acting as a boyfriend, if he could even bring that up yet. It was simply twice as intricate a situation because of who the... girlfriend, could be.

'Chu?'

"Yeah, yeah, I'll fill you in later," Red mumbled, gently patting the mouse's head as it sat on the counter beside him.

It didn't take long for Blue to get ready. He came back down with his favorite black hat with a blue plaid ribbon wrapped around it, a simple white t-shirt and black pants. Taking out Eve's pokeball, he let the small energetic pokemon to appear in front of him. 'Vee! Vee!' she chirped brightly and nuzzled Blue's leg. Laughing, he bent down and picked her up. Turning to Rae, he sent her a smile, "Ready?"

He made his way outside the house, saying a quick bye to Ari and Red, then he turned to Rae. "So, what's with the sudden urge to walk outside?" he asked with a smirk as they began to walk around. He gave a soft sigh, "It's nice out here in Hoenn. Definitely warmer than Kanto, that's for sure."

As Ariada was folding up the blankets and setting them aside with the help of Brendon, she couldn't help but notice Red's quietness. It's nothing new, but he was much more quieter than usual. Finishing up with the blankets and pillows, she gave a smile to Brendon, "Are you alright by yourself?" she asked.

Brendon nodded, "Yep!"

Smiling, Ari left the pillows and blankets for Brendon to return and the ginger made her way to the kitchen. "Red? Are you alright there?" she questioned, taking some of the plates and helping him with the dishes.

As Blue poised his question, Rae contemplated on how to respond, slipping her hands in her back, denim pockets as she walked gingerly beside him. "I just... thought it would be nice to revel in the morning and scope out the town together, like yesterday, you know?"

At the mentioning of exploration, both Lottie and Felicity emerged from their pokeball; the Flygon bolted up into the air with a jubilant roar of freedom, sending the surrounding trees trembling as she whipped her wings downwards, whilst Sylveon greeted Eevee and Treecko with a graceful, playful nuzzle.

Rae laughed silvery at their appearances, completely relaxed.

---

While Ari had been offering aide to Brendon, Caroll had unexpectedly whispered to Red, "If you're going to do something, now's the best time."

That'd caught him so of guard he'd dropped a plate into the bottom of the sink, wincing as the side chipped. His eyes shot up to meet her knowing one's. "What?"

"Oh, come now. You don't expect me to let these things go noticed, do you?"

"What things? I-"

"Fine, if that's how you want to be. Just don't waste the time you have be for your friends get back."

"I..." Red just stared at her, completely taken aback. It's like she'd been listening to his thoughts all this time! "...Are you... Psychic like Sabrina or something?"

To this, she laughed loudly, "I'm better than a psychic; I'm a mother!"

He cracked a smile at her response, but all in all, her encouragement just made him all the more anxious. Was she really that good, or was he just blatantly obvious? And if so, did Rae and Blue already have am idea as to shy he eagerly encouraged their leaving? Were they hiding something too?!

"Red? Are you alright there?" she questioned, taking some of the plates and helping him with the dishes.

He couldn't deny she'd startled him, even with her gentleness. "O-Oh, yeah, I'm... I'm fine, thanks," He took in a deep breath, inhaling her sweet aroma, the one he was so incredibly accustomed to. How would he initiate this? Why couldn't she just read his mind and... And... And what

As Blue watched the beautiful Flygon descend into the sky, he couldn't help but crack an impressed smile. He admired how absolutely beautiful Rae had treated her pokemon, because they shined so beautifully and jubilant. It was obvious, they were well-cared for. "You have such imitating pokemon," Blue commented with a deep chuckle. "They're so beautiful groomed and they shine with your love and passion, you'd put any breeder's pokemon to shame." The gym leader complimented, glancing at Rae.

He watched as his Eevee pranced around his feet, playing tag with the Sylveon beside her. Trouble had latched himself onto Rae, only shifting around occasionally to a different, comfortable spot. Both of his pokemon looked at peace with Rae, and he was glad. At least he knew this was gonna be quite the peaceful journey.

Or that's what he thought.

~

Ariada laughed at how jumpy Red got when she came upon him. She didn't mean to frighten him, she just kinda...did. As she was storing the dishes into the dishwasher, she asked another question: "Are you sure? You're awfully quiet." It wasn't like Ari to pry on these kind of things. Maybe because it was so out of the ordinary for Red to be quiet around she and Blue? It's obvious that he had grown accustomed to Rae, so he had no need to be quiet around her either.

Finishing the remaining dishes for Red, she yawned. Stretching, she gave a small sigh in relief, "Finally done. That didn't take as long as I thought it would, though." Ari grinned, glancing over to Red. Twirling around until her back hit the counter she gave a shy grin at Red. "Are you gonna tell me what's bugging you or shall I just pry the answer out of you?" she playfully threatened.

"That... might be the nicest thing anyone's ever said, Blue. Thank you. They're... my best friends," She told him, and in response the two pokemon cooed with glee. And up until now, they've honestly been my only friends.

"What about you, huh? Are you the grooming type? Or am I gunna have to introduce all your pokemom to spa treatments?" She asked, playfully nudging him as they continued down the street, the setting engulfed in the rising suns shine.

---

He shrugged in response to her, watching her from the corner of his eyes with an undeniable smile spreading on his face as she tried to pry his thoughts from his mind. "Aren't I always quiet, Ari?~"

When she twirled around, he was mirroring her grin. As she spoke, his only grew wider, until he decided now was that perfect time Caroll had mentioned. "It's just better if I show you, Ari."

He ducked his head to press his forehead to hers, embracing the heat that emanated between them as their lips met once again, one hand braced on the counter whilst the other gently held her waist, a chill cascading down his spine as he did so. He didn't blush quite as hard as he thought he would, though the quick yet silent thudding of his pulse in his throat would lead one to assume otherwise.

Blue had a faint blush on his face and chuckled sheepishly as he scratched the back of his head, "Really? With you being an model and all, I thought people showered you with compliment," he laughed, glancing the other way. However the question made him chuckle, "Me? Grooming type? Naa, my mom is though," he said, smiling fondly at the mention of his mother. He missed her, quite a lot actually....

"I'm all for strength," he explained, "I train my pokemon the best of my abilities, and theirs. If I ever need to get them groomed, I just book an appointment with Ari," he chuckled.

~

When Red's lips descended onto hers, her face grew warm as her eyes widen in surprise. She stayed for a moment, before she hesitantly kissed back in a very shy manner. Her hands, which were on the counter behind her trailed over to his chest, then slowly up and around his neck. Once they parted, Ari's face was red, no doubt, though she kept a steady eye contact with Red.

Instead of running away like she was originally thinking, she looked down, shyly hiding her red face. "T-That was bugging you...?" she murmured quietly, glancing up at Red a few times. Her hands were now resting on his shoulders. "That..was...um..." she started. "That was..wow...I wasn't expecting that."

"Okay," She nodded, deciding Ariada was his go to girl. She left the conversation at that, as she didn't know any of them well enough to say anything else. "Guess we should head back, they'll probably be ready to head out by now."

---

"Uh... Bad wow? Or good wow?" He asked, pulling back a little.

He felt the weight of stares on his back, and turned just in time to see Caroll and Pikachu peeking around the corner, way too excited for something that'd made him so nervous. "Seriously?"

"Oh, don't mind me honey! Just... looking for this," She said awkwardly, and grabbed a ladle from the drawer before disappearing into the living room. Pikachu however wasn't so modest, and simply snickered at his trainer.

"Sure, why not?" he shrugged, throwing his hands behind his head as he lead Rae and the pokemon back to the Birch house. "I really hope today we can challenge the gym leader at Petalburg. I know Red is dying for a battle, and I can say the same," he said with a small bob of his head.

~

Ari gave a small embarrassed giggle at the sight of Pikachu and Mrs. Birch. Before escaping Red's embrace, she gave a quick peck on Red's cheek and a small comment, "Good wow. Definitely good wow," she giggled, before brushing past him and into the living room. Ari crouched down to Pikachu and gave him a pat while putting a finger to her lips, "Ssh. Don't tell anybody about that okay? I rather not have a teasing Blue over our shoulders," she grinned.

One thing for sure: Ariada will be in quite the happy mood for the rest of day...week probably.

"You three will have fun, I'm sure." She sighed heavily as they headed back, and then paused on the lawn. "I'm gunna hang out on Felicity. I'll catch up later."

And with that, she'd returned Sylveon and mounted Felicity, bolting up into the sky without waiting for an answer.

---

Red smiled to himself, nodding in approval as she slipped away from him, exhaling a breath he didn't know he'd been holding. He was in a bit of a daze as the front door opened, but tried to snap himself out of it quick enough to where the others wouldn't notice. He was curious to see only Blue enter, but didn't question it, instead nonchalantly heading into the living room, where he lifted his bag up and swung it over his shoulder.

"So... Brendon, are you playing tour guide or what?" He asked playfully, leeching himself on the arm of the couch where he usually sat. "I don't think I'll by with keeping Charizard from a battle any longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back