• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

αησтнєя נσυяηєу, αησтнєя ρяσвℓєм

When the growing shadow ball shot forward, it collided right with Zigzagoon, sending the raccoon pokemon spiraling across the field. The small cloud of dust dissipated quickly, and the ref held up a green flag and waved it towards Blue.

"Zigzagoon is unable to battle. Blue is the winner!" He stated, and then disappeared into a back room.

Lottie hopped over the barrier onto the battle field, bounding with grace towards the Zigzagoon, where she used heal pulse and nearly fully restored it; she then leapt over to Eves, where she healed and nuzzled the little fox affectionately, as if in appraisal for her victory.

Zigzagoon growled in content, walking back to Norman, seemingly unharmed now, before being returned to its pokeball. The gym leader stared at the capsule whilst the young adults cheered for Blue from the bleachers, wondering how he'd not seen that coming, then again, he hadn't battled a skilled gym leader since a heated argument with Flannery.

With a jubilant grin, Red followed Lottie's actions and came side to side with Blue, high fiving him with a boyish slap! And immediately praising Blue for his decision. "I was iffy with Eves in a gym battle, but that was an epic rap up, Blue. Guess you have been watching me battle," He teased childishly, adjusting his cap when spinach hopped over his head and onto Blue's shoulder, 'chuing' excitedly in response to his victory.

Rae knelt down as Lottie returned to her side, as did Eevee. "Thank you, Lottie." The Sylveon cooed in response, smiling modestly. "You know, you really shined today little one," She told the smaller fox, and revealed, from her pocket, a poke'block.

'Vee!' It chirped and blissfully ate the pink treat as Rae scooped her up in her arms.

"Impressive, Mr. Oak," Norman said with a firm voice that caught everyone's attention, making his way over to him and revealing the petalburg gym badge upon his palm. "You've definitely earned this and your title. It was a pleasure."

Blue gave a small chuckle, his face dusted a light pink hue in embarrassment from all the compliments. He stuffed his hands into his pockets and walked over to Eevee, who was chirping and nuzzling Sylveon in affections. "You did good, girl," he cooed, watching with gentle eyes as he watched Rae feed his pokemon. How sweet of her, he thought with a grin he couldn't wipe off. Blue was snapped out of his daze when Red playfully slapped him and the comment that came along with his praise, "Ahem, it's more like you watch my battles." Blue teased, rolling his eyes as he puffed his chest out in a confidential way.

Blue laughed as Pikachu jumped onto his head, and the trainer couldn't help but grin, "Hey there buddy," he smiled.

Ariada joined the group a little bit later with a roll of her eyes, "You had me worried there, gym leader. Arceus, geez, I forgot how reckless you are when it came to battling. Just not as reckless as this guy over here," her eyes averted to Red as she nudged him in a teasing manner. Laughing, she leaned against Red.

"Impressive, Mr. Oak," Norman said with a firm voice that caught everyone's attention, making his way over to him and revealing the petalburg gym badge upon his palm. "You've definitely earned this and your title. It was a pleasure."

With a big grin, Blue retrieved the badge from his palm and gave a large grin in thanks at Norman, "Thank you! It was a great battle, Norman," Blue grinned as he showed Eevee the badge, "Look Eves, you won this badge," he grinned, and Eevee mewled back in happiness as she nuzzled Blue's hand that was outstretched out at her.

Turning to Red, Norman gave him a grin, "Would you like a battle as well? It seem like you were dying for a battle," he chuckled. "Plus, I would love to see the skills of a champion. If Blue's that good, surely, you must be as good as he."

Pikachu leapt from Blue's shoulder onto the ground, growling anxiously for Red to agree to the battle, his cheeks emanating golden sparks of anticipation and its tail sticking straight up. 'Pi-KA!'

"Guess that answers that," Red chuckled, nodding to Blue with a proud smile before he gently pecked Ariada's cheek, slipped his hands out of his pockets, and headed over to his side of the field.

Norman watched the back door and shook his head, "I suppose my ref is on his break. Would either of you like to do the honor?" He asked, "Usually I'd ask Brendon, but it appears he's run off with my daughter again." He spoke as if it were a constant occurrence, and it was.

"Ari? Blue?" Rae gestured towards them in offering, assuming they'd want to play referee.

A Chansey wobbled in, chirping with a melodic sweetness. Norman handed off his capsules, "Tell Joy thank you for me."

'Chan-see, chance!' It wobbled back out of the gym.

An official battle, it's been too long, Red thought, his gaze was deep and contemplative as he let his memories wander back to the mountain and prior, though some of those years before were as hazy as the blizzards he'd sat through. He twitched his fingers from within his pockets, he could feel the sharp shock of icy shards turning his skin frost bitten just when he remembered those months.

'Chu!' His attention was brought back to the stadium lights and plain grounds of the gym.

"I know, I know, I'm focused. You wanna go first?" The mouse nodded confidently.

Ariada gave a large grin as she raised her hand, "Sure! I'll ref!" she gave a childish grin, "I haven't ref for one of Red's battles in a long while," she laughed.

Norman smiled at the ginger while Blue shrugged, "Alright it looks like Ariada is the ref, I'll just sit back here and watch. Good luck Reddie," he grinned, with an encouraging pat on the shoulder. And with that, he walked over to the bleachers were his companions was once were. He jumped over the railing and got comfortable, his elbows perched on the railing.

Ariada grinned as she skipped over to where the ref once was, and grabbed the two flags that were sitting on the bench behind her. She watched as the two trainers made their way to their respective spots. Pikachu jumped onto his side of the battlefield, sparks emitting from his cheeks. Ari heard the sound of a pokeball enlarging a sudden Blissey.

"Blisss!" it cried out elegantly, ready for a battle.

"A Blissey?" Ari questioned.

"I asked for a change of team, just for more of a challenge," Norman smirked.

Ari nodded in okay, "Alright then. This is a three-on-three pokemon match between gym leader Norman, and challenger, Red Ketchum!" she called out as she held both flags up, "Ready?" she asked, receiving a nod from both trainers, "Begin!" and she brushed the flags down to begin.

Norman was the first to call out a command: "Blissey, Focus Punch!"

That's gunna take some time. Let's break that focus!

Pikachu nodded over its shoulder, as if he'd heard his trainers' thoughts.

"Pikachu, thunder bolt-" The pokemon's cheeks sparked and it began to draw.in electricity, "-On yourself!"

Norman's mask of calm had dissolved upon the ludicrous command. As the mouse enveloped itself in a golden, crackling glow the fluorescent lighting the battle grounds bursted and shut off, the palatial room was suddenly in complete darkness, accept for the electricity emanating off of Pikachu.

"Volt tackle!" He commanded, just as Blissey had revved up its focus punch and, despite the change of atmosphere, began to rush forward with a battle cry. However, it's speed was a joke compared to pikachu, and with blinding speed he slammed full throttle into Blissey, letting its energy explode and then, abruptly, there was darkness again.

Rae rubbed her arms as the temperature had dropped from the lack of lighting, hugging herself tightly as she watched the silhouettes of pokemon take their stance. "Red doesn't mess around, does he?" She commented, but she was grinning at his choice of moves. The unexpected, that's how she battled.

When the room went out, Ari jumped in shock, but then shook her head when she realized what just happened. She had forgotten how he battled, since it's been so long since she was up at Mount Silver, watching him battles against those who won the Pokemon League, and in order to win the title of a champion, they must be the champion himself, Red. Heck, she was pretty sure the last time she saw Red battle was against this young boy named Ethan. The battle was a close call, Ethan wiping out half of his team, however lost because of Pikachu.

"Impressive," Norman praised, a grin forming on his lips, "Even more surprises." He chuckled, "Blissey, use Sing!"

Although her health was already 3/4 gone, the large pink pokemon stood up, opening her mouth and soft lullabies floated out, her gentle voice making it even more beautiful then it should've have been.

"Trying to sing Pikachu to sleep, huh? It's been awhile since I last saw someone try to do with Red," Blue chuckled. He turned to Rae, "You cold?" he asked, taking off his black jacket. Then without another word, he slipped in onto her shoulders and gave her a grin. He turned his attention back to the battle, a bit closer to Rae than he was two minutes ago....

But we have no need to point that out, ehe.

Red was a mask of focus, underlying a hint of concern as even his team couldn't resist soft lullabies, especially not after spending nights at his mother's house when she'd sing to them, years ago...

He snapped out of his nostalgia, noting pikachu was inevitably nodding off. "Hey, buddy, cover your ears, keep your eyes open!" He pleaded, and the mouse struggled to stand, it's ears pinned down against its head in attempts to null the song.

"Give yourself another jolt!" He ordered, slightly hopeful- that was, until Blissey came at Pikachu with one hell of a double edge, slamming into the mouse's side and sending it flying across the room, right into cement.

"Use wish!" Norman commanded, and a comet of sparkles fluttered across the room, briefly lighting it before all were cast in darkness once more. Red had caught Ariada's gaze in the light and flashed her a reassuring grin, knowing she'd be frantic over Pikachu's injury.

"Pikachu, still with me?!"

'Chuuu!' It squealed, but wasn't doing so well with the sleepiness. It'd been a while since they'd been hit with a status alignment. "Use nuzzle!"

Inwardly, Rae was thankful for the darkness, for she was one who flushed very easily due to her fair complexion, and Blue's gesture and nearing proximity had her a flushing mess. Though the battle of wits and strength played out seismic enough to keep her alert, she'd undoubtedly relaxed beside him, even so much as to gently lean against him, embracing the warmth against the mid temperature drop. "Nuzzle, now that outta even the odds," She murmured, looking to Ariada and noticing how engrossed in the battle she was.

She liked Ariada and Red, and, like Blue, wished they'd just make it public already- Only a potential girlfriend would pay that much attention to a guy's battle. Like, Rae hadn't done that with Blue!

...Had she?

Ariada's face paled as she watched Pikachu's small yellow body collide against the wall, and although Red had sent her a grin telling her not to worry; she's gonna worry! She had to keep herself in place, making sure she doesn't run into the middle of the battle to make sure that the mouse pokemon was okay, and had to repeatedly remind herself that Pikachu wasn't injured...too bad at least.

She sighed out in relief when Pikachu was still able to stand and move around, dashing toward Blissey with his cheeks lighting up with sparks. Ari knew Pikachu wouldn't last long out on the field if he's getting sleepy, and there was a chance if he starts to fall asleep whilst attacking.

"Double Edge, once again!" Norman called out, snapping Ari momentarily out of her deep thought and concern. Blissey prepared herself for another attack and in that moment, a small star shone upon the pink pokemon, giving the health she desperately needed if they were to win. From there, Blissey's attack was stronger, for she had more energy because of her health.

"Such an intense battle," Blue chuckled as he watched with great interest, for he is the same like Ari; haven't been able to watch one of Red's famous battles since long ago. "Pikachu has gotten increasingly faster, and more stronger. Probably was training hard these past few years," he hummed.

He had noticed Ari's large interest in the battle and couldn't help chuckle, "She looks like you and Lottie when I was going against Norman," he directed to Rae in a teasing manner as he nudged her. "Except maybe Ari is a bit more dedicated," Blue laughed quietly, more to himself then her.

Rae rolled her eyes, nudging him back lightly, though she kept gently pressed against his side afterwards. She'd grown accustomed to the darkness in the gym now, thankful for it as she didn't known how cartoonishly she was blushing at the proximity. "Well they're dating after all," The brunette whispered back, her right dimple exposed as she smiled at him. "Can't match the devotion of a girlfriend."

Unless I was your girlfriend, then I'd- Um, what?

Her gaze fell back to Pikachu and she tugged at the neck of her sweater as if it'd suddenly grown too warm for her.

Red was fully engrossed in the battle, though every hit his companions took mad his gut wrench, even years in, he'd never become desensitized. He had immense faith in each and every one of them, however, and Pikachu was his right hand mouse, this Blissey didn't stand a chance!

"Go for it!" He called out, and with a battle cry that echoed throughout the darkness, the golden ball of electricity sprung from its hind legs, and collided right into the oncoming Blissey, the collision a bursting fuse of sparks, further shatters the remaining glass cradled unsteady busted light fixtures.

'Piii,' the mouse panted, but was still on his paws upon landing gracefully back onto the terrain. It's fur stuck straight up, statically charged.

(Sorry this was shorter, did you want to skip to the finally battle or to when he gets the gym badge? We don't have to. But I'm kinda ehhhh. :P )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back