• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

αησтнєя נσυяηєу, αησтнєя ρяσвℓєм

Blue chuckled at Rae's eagerness, following her toward Route 103. "Why are you in the hurry?" he asked gently as he caught up with her pace and was now walking side-by-side with her. "I get that time's running out, but we still have some time to look around." Blue shrugged. Blue didn't know what, but an unknown feeling was surging through him. Rae was an interesting person, and every time Blue is near her, he gets goosebumps and tends to unknowing stare at her beauty. He couldn't pinpoint the actual emotion, but he passed it off as attraction. Rae was beautiful, no doubt.

"So..." he started, walking toward the respective route with his hand in propped up behind his head, "Enjoying the adventure so far?" he asked, glancing over at the beautiful model.

~

Reflecting that timid grin, Ari took ahold of Red's hand,
"Mhm!" Lacing their fingers together, Ari began walking toward the route they had chosen. "Gee, we haven't had any time alone in a while!" she piped up, immediately sparking up a conversation. It's not really a surprise, seeing as Ari is quite a talkative girl. Although, she may be with her crush since forever and she acts like a little highschooler when around him, Ari is still able to keep her cheerful, talkative personality.

"How long has it been since we last been together, alone? A few months ago when you came down from Mount Silver?"

"Just worried, that's all," Rae's voice lilted as she responded. Upon hearing his words she took a deep, audible breath and tried to relax herself, slowing their matched pace a little as they left the clearing behind them, focusing on the sound of his voice which was oddly soothing to her for a someone she'd only just met.

She spoke with a silvery tone in response to his question, her hands shoved in her back pockets as they walked at a slightly more leisurely pace. "Yeah, I didn't embark on the typical journey when I was younger, those were... bad years," She spoke of it dismissively and continued. "So it's nice to know I didn't miss out entirely. A little later than I'd hoped, but, hey, I'm searching for stolen starters with a handsome stranger,
I'm not complaining."

She laughed lightly, obviously playful in the assertion. Trees rustled and shrubs trembled, but every time she peeked further to observe, it turned out to be the common Seedot or Poochyena.

"What about you? Glad to be with your friends, even if they are head over heels for each other?" She smirked a little.

---

"Seems longer than that," Red admitted, his hand still locked with hers and the other shoved in his front pocket. Pikachu had hoped off his shoulder at the beginning of their stroll, bopping along a few feet in front of them, ears twitching as it awaited any signals for other Pokemon.

"Don't get me wrong, Blue's my best friend. But... Yeah, it's nice to just... be... together," Red felt the heat prick along his jawline again, increasing the warmth in his cheeks and palms. "You know, not together, together, not... that that's entirely a bad thing. Just... that it's not a fact. I mean, it's plausible-"

'
Chuuuuu' Pikachu whined for its trainer to stop this train wreck from continuing. He cleared his throat, offering a sheepish smile in return.

As the pair slowed down, Blue couldn't help but put on a relaxed smile. As they were walking, there were rarely any trainers around, only him, Rae and the sound of ruffling ferns and bushes. He listened to Rae's response to his question and couldn't help but laugh at the compliment. "Luck on my side isn't too bad either. I mean, walking around twice, now, in a day with a beautiful stranger, who happens to be a model and knows the Elesa, I can't help but wonder what fate has planned out for me." Blue chuckled, brushing a hand through his hair.

With a thoughtful stare out at the woods and a small click of his tongue, Blue shrugged.
"Glad is an understatement. I haven't seen Red or Ari in quite a long time, with my gym leader duties and such. And don't even start, those two are so oblivious," he grumbled, rolling his eyes. "I'm pretty sure Red and Ari have met up many times without telling me. Those two are so in love with each other, I don't think they could look at the opposite gender and not compare them to one another."

Laughing,
"They're head over heels in love with each other, alright." Blue added.

"So, tell me. Why embark on such an important part of being a trainer now? You had all those years, and now you actually travel around the world? Didn't you travel around when you were with Elesa?" he asked, glancing at the bushes and watching as the small leaves fall off the branch as pokemon dart across the branch, or sometimes even off it.

~

With a shy laugh, Ari nodded in understand.
"Mhm, Blue's my best friend too, ya know. And I get it. I enjoy our times together, when we don't have a teasing Blue over our shoulders," the girl laughed, pulled a lock of ginger hair behind her ear with her free hand.

"It was sometime in April when we last saw each other right?" Ari piped up. "April, May, June, July...Three months! Gee, I'm glad I got you off that stinkin' mountain."

The girl went silent for a moment.

"Say, Red, if we don't hit the gym soon, and we have any free time before, would you like a battle?" Ari asked randomly. She waited a moment before proceeding, "I mean like, well...your pokemon eagerly wants a good battle, right? I'm pretty sure I can give them that. I may not be strong, but I am passionate about battling and won't go down easy," Ari grinned.

{{ that was suppose to be shorter. oops oh well. }}

"That's sweet, not something you come across often, how genuine they are, I mean," Rae commented. "I'm glad you and your friends can be together."

She felt a little defensive when he poised his question, though she knew he didn't mean anything by it. For comforts sake she tossed Lottie's heal ball upwards, watching as the feline appeared, stretching and putting at her trainer's side.

"I didn't have all those years," Rae answered after a lengthy silence. "My childhood was dark and unstable, the trainers life just... wasn't in the cards. I missed out on a lot of things. I do travel as a model, with or without Elesa, but that traveling is different from this kind. Cause as a model, you're catered to, there's no exploration, adventuring, battling... You have an image to keep. Don't get me wrong, I love what I do, but this is just... a little shot at what I could have done."

---

"Three months?" He was mildly shocked, however, it was due to the fact that he'd felt it'd been so much longer than that. You lose track of time when your lost in the forgotten caverns of a glorified mountain, shivering through torrents, or attempting to find and tame the legendary Moltres...

"Wow," He whispered, and Pikachu squeaked with the same awe.

He let his train of thought derail and focused his attention back in Ari, the contemplative expression leaving his face, which softened at her hopeful question. "Of course, Ari, I'd be honored." He squeezed her hand I gentle reassurance. "Strength isn't all you need for a match, without the passion behind it, you don't really get anywhere. I'm certain you'll be a notable adversary."

His words reminded him of the former Kanto champion, who'd spoken with the same encouragement that day he'd gone into battle. Red remembered the day crystal clear, and nearly got lost in the moment, had it not been that Ariada still awaited the rest of his answer. "Let me know when you want to, and we'll make time, alright?"

Pikachu sparked before us, letting her know he'd be ready.

Blue knew when Rae was being a bit hesitate, he accidently pulled her defenses up. He was about to open his mouth to tell her she didn't need to answer but she responded before she could. As he listened to her, his lips made a thin line. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ask something like that..." he mumbled, scratching the back of his head sheepishly.

"I'm glad the three of us are able to provide you a fresh adventure. I promise you, this will be the best year of your life, and you won't regret it," Blue smiled. "Don't worry about your "image" in front of us, we want to see the real you and provide you with the most fun," the trainer grinned, winking at her.

~

"Three months isn't that long when you stayed up there for about five months once. I think that was when you first went up there. You had me worried on that day," Ari laughed quietly. "But it's fine now, knowing you're down here, and out with me in Hoenn. It's been too long since we traveled together."

The answer she received made the ginger smile in glee,
"Really? Yay! I don't I ever got to battle you before! This is gonna be so fun!" Ari cried out happily. She gave a nod to Red, quickly embracing him in a quick hug. Releasing him, Ari glanced up at Red with a small, shy smile; a pink shade dusting her cheeks. "I can't wait, and have you know it; I won't go down easily!" she grinned.

A small splash echoed not from far from the couple, and the girl glanced over at the sound.
"I didn't know there was a river of some sort around here..." she mumbled, "Wanna go check it out? I know we're suppose to be finding the thief, but might as well look around and enjoy Hoenn's scenery while we're at it?" Ari laughed, grabbing his hand once again and tugging him gently toward the sound of the quiet rushing water. "We might find something there too~"

A year goes by so fast...

"Thanks, Blue," She responded with a half smile, keeping her thoughts to herself. She didn't want to be over dramatic, not now, of all times. She'd soak up what she could, and who knows? Perhaps she'll become worthy of a gym leader title like Elesa after this. Rae was closer to that idea than she knew.

The long ten minutes went by as they continued to walk in silence. It was relaxing, peaceful, light hearted- Until Sylveon caught sight of dome thing in the branches of an Oak tree and started to whine, as if to tell the trainers there was something significant there.

"Lottie? What is it...?"

Rae inched closer, weary as she tilted her head up to investigate the towering tree before her. "I don't see anything- Blue, come take a look? Lottie swears there's something unique up there."

---

Red was quick to return Ariada's warm embrace, warmth provoking at his skin, heat spreading all over him. Although he'd encountered these feelings a lot lately, they never ceased to surprise him with just how overwhelming they were. "Oh, I'm sure... I look forward to it."

"Find something?" He chuckled as she led the way to the sound of a distant splashing, indicating there was indeed a river nearby. "Like what, Ari?"

Upon entering another clearing, his inquiry had undoubtedly been answered. Engulfed in the last few rays of sunshine was an expansive river stretched out far before disappearing in surrounds of trees on either side of it. Rocks spotted the waters coarse, and a few Linoon and Nuzleaf were relaxing by the edges. They weren't what'd caused the splashing, however, their bodies silent and some even napping. Farther off from the two trainers, nestled on an oblong rock submerged in water, was a Mudkip, the same one Red presumed had been stolen.

"Thinking what I'm thinking?" He asked Ariada with a quirked brow. Pikachu waited impatiently beside Red for orders to go and retrieve the little pokemon.

Blue watched as the two inspected the tree, then when Rae called him over, he came over and glanced up at the large oak tree. The bushes ruffled and small ferns fell. "I don't see any–" What he wasn't expecting is a green tail smacking him in the face, making him stumble back and fall onto his bottom. The sound resounded off his face and Blue gave a shriek of pain. "What the Arceus?!"

When he rubbed his eyes open, there standing there, was quite an aggressive Treecko. He was on all fours and in his defensive mode, just kinda...sticking there on the tree. Blue narrowed his own emerald orbs at the Treecko.
"You wanna fight?! Because I'll give you a fight!" Blue exclaimed, not enjoying the fact that he just got tailslapped. Quickly, he scrambled onto his feet and enlarged one of his pokeballs; Eevee's, to be exact.

~

"Like, finding a Mudkip," Ari giggled as she, along with Red spotted the small cute, little Mudkip whom seem to be enjoying itself. It was splashing and jumping around the shore of the water, playing with a cute little Poocheyena who didn't seem afraid to get wet. The small starter pokemon seemed relax, as it was near the water.

"Thinking what I'm thinking?" Red asked, and Ari glanced up at him.

"Let's not scare the little guy," the trainer smiled, "But yeah, come on!" She urged, grabbing his hand and walking toward the Mudkip. The starter pokemon saw the two trainers approaching him, and paused it's action, making the Poochyena whine in disappointment. Ari walked up to the Mudkip, until she and the pokemon were only a few feet away from one another. Crouching down, the girl flashed the pokemon a gentle smile.

"Hi there," she quietly greeted, holding a hand out for the pokemon.

As Treecko growled boldly in response to Blue's agitation, Rae and Lottie stood off to the side, trying to stifle their laughter as the gym leader whipped out his pokeball.

"Blue, wait!" Rae insisted, "We want to catch it, not battle-- HEY!" She cringed as a particularly hard Oran berry whacked against her forehead, causing a minor throb and leaving a red mark that formed comically quick. She whirled around, "That was uncalled for!-- Ow!" She was quickly hit with another one, causing the brunette to whine in pain.

Sylveon hissed and took a defensive stance in front of Rae, a menacing glint in its cotton candy blue eyes.

---

The Mudkip bared a pensive expression as Ariada sat just a few feet away from it, opening its mouth just a little, with a quiet 'Muuuuu' in greeting. It'd inched forward only a step when Red slowly crouched down beside Ariada, flashing a bright smile and also greeting the pokemon amicably.

'Muuuuuu!'

"Hey! What was that for?!" Red blocked there second oncoming bubble beam, dripping wet from the unexpected outburst. "I don't remember Poli being so rash..."

'Chuchuchu' Pikachu snickered, only to spark menacingly as the Mudkip blew a bubble beam his way, too.

"Geez, alright, alright, we'll back off," He held up his hands in surrender and distanced himself, Pikachu shook out its coat, nose and tail pointed upwards in a snobby notion before it climbed back onto Red's shoulder.

"Aggressive, aren't ya? You should know it's not nice to hurt a lady," Blue hissed, glaring at the Treecko. "What better way to catch it by weakening it in a battle?" the trainer called out, throwing his pokeball. The grass pokemon growled in response as Eevee appeared out of her pokeball, taking her battle stance. Blue gave a small smirk, "Keep your eyes on me. Eevee, tackle attack!"

With a pounce, the small fox pokemon lunged herself at the Treecko. The Hoenn starter bounced off the tree trunk, making Eevee collide with the tree instead of her opponent. Crying out in pain, the small pokemon fell onto the ground, luckily on all fours as she glared at the snickering pokemon.

"Seems like he's not going down easy...." Blue muttered, "Tackle attack, once again, Eves!" Glancing at Rae, he gave a small smirk, "Don't worry, I won't hurt him...much. Just gonna teach him a lesson on who's boss. Plus, Treecko seems to like the battle." Treecko growled in response.

~

Ari laughed quietly, gently stroking Mudkip's head, who responded with a small 'Muuu' once again, and nuzzled back. "Now, now, don't be so rude." The Mudkip frowned, and came closer to the ginger-haired girl. Gently, Ariada scooped up the pokemon with a small smile. "I think he likes me," Ari commented, turning to Red with the small blue pokemon in her arms.

"Well, we found one of them. I wonder how Blue is doing," Ari mumbled, holding her Xtransceiver up. "Should we call him and tell him we found one?"

"He's a battler, that's for sure," Rae groaned and plopped down in front of a tree opposite of the battle, rubbing her forehead as she watched Blue take over. She'd engage in the battle herself, but she didn't have a lower level pokemon, like Eevee, to ensure Treecko wouldn't be harmed.

She watched the Treecko, with impressive agility, fling itself from one area to the next, beaming Eevee with bullet seed full force, but seemingly anxious to keep the battle going. "Boys," She rolled her eyes, and Lottie snickered in agreement.

---

Pikachu was still glaring at the Mudkip from Red's shoulder, full intent on getting payback when the time was right. Red, on the other hand, had more patience, and decided to let it out. It was just a little thing, after all. He wiped his damp face, and nodded to Ariada, "Yeah, I'll call him I'm just a-"

And orange blur whipped passed them, lunging upwards and smacking right into Red's face. It nervously chirped 'Chic! Chic' before bolting off into the greenery, leaving puncture marks from its talons on Reds cheek.

"-GAH!" He scrambled onto his feet as quickly as possible when the anger, and the realization that it was a Torchic, sunk in. He didn't even think, he just sprinted forward, only a pace behind Pikachu who was angrily chasing after the little bird, too. "Ari! I'll meet up with you later!" He shouted, and disappeared into the foliage.

It'd been a long time since dome thing out ran Red, but considering the fear that was probably fueling this little guy, he knew the fowl would be able to run for a while. Pikachu growled and stepped it up a notch, only to get caught in a mud puddle and slam right into thick maple stump. Red wanted to go back for him, but they'd lose Torchic if he did!

"Sorry buddy!" He murmured and zipped past the mouse, who was left grumbling and trying to snap out of its confusion.

"Whoever gets him is gonna have problems," Blue snickered. Then, turning his full attention back onto the battle, he quickly called out another move, "Dodge then use Sand Attack!"

A few minutes passed on as the battle continued mercilessly, and both sides were exhausted. With a loud groan, Blue brushed a hand through his hair, "This Treecko has way too much stamina! Quick Attack, Eves!" the trainer called out, and the Treecko attacked back with his own Quick Attack, both sides colliding head first. Blue watched as his pokemon skidded back on her paws, and Treecko jumping back. They were panting heavily, given both sides were battling hard and furiously.

"I really hope you're wild!" Blue called out as he fished out an empty pokeball clipped on his belt. Enlarging it, he quickly threw the pokeball at the exhausted Treecko, who didn't have the energy to slap it away. It engulfed it in red lights, then into the pokeball. The ball fell onto the ground with a soft "thud", and shook once.

Twice.

Three times, and a small click resounded. Blue gave a dramatic sigh of relief, as he walked over to the pokeball and picked it up. Minimizing it, he clipped it back onto his belt and turned to Eevee, rubbing her head affectionately, "Thanks girl. You did great," he smiled, giving her an Oran Berry. He glanced up at Rae, "That was a long battle," he laughed, walking over to her and held a hand out for the model. "You okay? Those shots seem like it hurt..."

~

Ari watched as Red ran off, chasing the orange blur that had attacked him. She stood there, then let the realization sunk in and before she can shout something, Red was already gone. "What in the world?" she mumbled, glancing at Mudkip who shrugged in response. "Okay then..." And with that, Ari began to walk back to town, with Mudkip in her arms.

"Kip! Kip!" The small pokemon chirped, glancing at the forest beside them. Ari turned her head, finding a small yellow body.

"Pikachu?" The girl jogged over to the confused pokemon, crouching down. "Pikachu, are you okay? I thought you ran off with Red...eh. Red will be fine. Come on, let's get back to town and wait for Red and the others," Ari smiled, patting the small mouse's pokemon head.

"I should probably call Blue..." Holding her wrist up, she scrolled down her contacts, finding Blue's name. Clicking on the name, the small screen went black as it began to give a small ringing tone.

"Impressive though, really, I like Treecko, he's got spunk," Rae told him and Eevee, then taking his hand in order to rise up. She rubbed her forehead, surprised that a pokemon of that size could fling something so hard. And here she was worried about its safety! "Eh, I've been hit with worse. It's gonna bruise, though."

She gently massaged the swollen redness just above her eye, wincing as it thronged underneath her delicate fingers. Just as the adrenaline had died down, Blue's device began to ring. "Huh, wonder if they've had any luck?"

---

"Torchic! C'mere!" He hopped over a log with grace, but didn't catch the sudden branch that whipped out as if to smack him intentionally. It whacked his forehead, knocking him on his backside against a pile of mushrooms. "Ow..."

He laid there for a moment, questioning life and how he'd gotten to this point, before he slowly rose up again, only to see the Torchic standing there, waiting, as if to make sure Red was dead.

'Please stop running," He pleaded.

'CHIIIIC!" And there it went.

"Wait... I... Oh..." Red sprinted again, only to skid to a stop, hands on his thighs as he painted, slightly hunched over. The little bird shook violently from within a shrub it'd hidden in, giving its position away with every tremble of leaves. "You... Don't have to... Be afraid."

He sucked in a deep breath and straightened his posture, easing his way towards the shrub, before he leaned down, assuming his height was a factor that played on the pokemons fear. "Hey, now... You're gunna wear yourself out with all that panicking."

'Chi' It seemed to be panting just like Red. The man sighed, shaking his head and emitting a low chuckle, "I've never seen someone so scared."

He tentatively held out his hand, causing the pokemon to jerk back fearfully; Red pursued it, though, feeling that if he could just get his fingers around its-

"GAH! ARCEUS! Why'd you peck me?" He shouted, causing it to tremble even more. He snatched his hand back, poking at the bloodied puncture mark. It stung just like his cheek. "Hmph... Oh, hey, maybe..."

He plopped down on his bottom, reaching into his bag and pulling out a granola bar. He broke off a piece, feeling the stick grains in his palm, before he gently tossed it to the break in the shrubs where Torchic was nestled. It'd caught the birds attention, and, piece by piece, Red was able to draw him out, until finally it was at his thigh, nibbling on grains, though much to the trainers disdain, he was still trembling.

"Would you just calm down?" He laughed exhaustively, and somehow managed to scoop the exhausted chick into his hands, which weren't so different in size, honestly. He sighed and gently stroked its head, which was ruffled and slightly scratched up.

He sent a group text to the others, finally caught Torchic. Any luck with the other two? I'm tiiiired.

As Blue answered the call, he mentally groaned at the cheerful, perky Ari, who seemed like she didn't have any troubles seeing as there was a Mudkip cuddled in her arms and Pikachu perched on her shoulder. "I'm guessing you did fairly well?" Blue asked, his eyebrow raising. Ari laughed.

"You looked like you had troubles," she commented.

"That Treecko is aggressive! I swear to Arceus, I would've beat him up into a plump if I didn't have to make sure he was safe." Blue grumbled as he pulled out the pokeball. "I caught it. Apparently it was released. Try catching that Mudkip you have in your arms. It's probably free too." The trainer said. Ari ave a small nod in confirmation as she grabbed an empty pokeball and pressed the button on Mudkip's forehead.

The small starter gave a small 'Mu?' before being engulfed into the pokeball. It shook for a total of three times before giving a small click. "Well, I caught Mudkip I guess. Anyways, let's meet back at the lab, shall we?" Ari smiled.

"Yeah. I'll send Red a text," Blue sighed, ending the call. He then turned to Rae, "Ready to head back?"

Great. Torchic was released from the actual pokeball, so actually capture him...or her. Whatever gender it is. I caught Treecko and Ari has Mudkip. And what? Did you have troubles or something?

Oh, you know, just the usual hell. Be there in a few.

--

Exhausted, Red captured Torchic and kept it nestled inside the pokeball, now deep in his pocket. He rode Charizard back, careful to return him a few feet away from the others so he wouldn't start a battle on impulse. He noted the three were waiting for him just outside of the lab, and with a scratched up cheek and a hand wrapped in gauze, he greeted them, noting Blue and Rae looked almost as worn as he felt, whilst Ariada was predictably unscathed, with Pikachu on her shoulder. He sighed in relief for that fact, he'd felt guilty for running off and leaving them, but impulse took over and fueled the unexpected chase.

"Evening all," He greeted with sarcasm, flashing the pokeball with a mixed expression of triumph and exhaustion. "Lets get this over with, I'm starving and Rustboros just a ways from here."

"Sorry for leaving you back there," Red apologized to both Ari and Pikachu, as he held the front door to the lab open for them. "Impulse took over."

'Piii!' Pikachu scowled, and was obviously intent on the silent treatment as it returned to its pokeball in a sudden red flash.

"Professor Birch!" Rae called melodious like.

"Yes? Yes! On my way!" Within seconds the older man whirled in, greeting them with hopeful eyes. "Did you gather them? Oh please tell me you did!"

"All three, they weren't too far, actually," Red responded cordially, and held up his pokeball.

Ari was the first to arrive back at Littleroot, and she was nuzzling Pikachu's chin. It didn't take long for Blue, who looked exhausted and worned out and Rae to meet up with her, exchanging quick greetings. Finally, the last to appear was Red, who looked like he had even more troubles than Blue. Ari was a bit worried about how he got those scratches and Blue was held back a snicker.

"Looks like you had more trouble than I did." Blue commented as he stood up from his spot on the bench. He walked over to Red and gave him a pat on the shoulder, "Petalburg's closer." Was all he said before entering the opened lab door.

Ari flashed him a small smile, "Don't worry about it, are you alright?" she asked as she followed behind Rae, side-by-side with Red.

However, before Red can respond, Professor Birch appeared. Ari giggled at how hopeful he sounded and Blue sighed.

"It took a battle in order for me to get him, but I caught him," Blue flashed the professor an exhausted grin as he held up the pokeball.

"I think I'm the one who got it the easiest. Mudkip just jumped into my arms," the ginger smiled, holding out the pokeball. "But hey, at least we got them, right?"

Professor Birch gave a large grin as he collected the three starters, "Thank you! I'm so glad you guys manage to catch them! Did you ever catch the girl, though?"

Rae involuntarily shivered upon the mentioning of the female; for some reasons her thoughts tied this mystery woman to the face she'd seen in the thicket. Sylveon whined beside her, feeling her trainer's discomfort. "No..."

Birch nodded slowly, quilting a brow at her before he shifted his attention to the other three. "Ah, truely this is wonderful news. Of course, such efforts call for a reward of some sort... And what better trophy, than to keep what you scavenged for?" He offered a bright grin, holding up his hands as if he didn't want them when the young adults held out the capsules. "Really, I insist, they're all yours! I'll have plenty to give new trainers in the following days."

Usually, an offer like this would have Red beaming and thanking the giver repetitively. Torchic was a doll, don't get him wrong, but... What could he do with a pokemon who's scared of, quite possibly, it's own reflection? And to think he'd have to chase it down every single time he released it...

I'm gunna need more granola bars...

"Really?" Red couldn't help wince as he asked.

The Professor grinned widely, obviously taking pride in his generous offer, "Of course, Red! I'd be honored to contribute to the future teams of the Champion and Viridian gym leader! You too, young lady," He acknowledged Ariada with the same smile.

"T-Thanks, Professor, I... um... don't know what to say," Red grimaced, attempting his best smile, but it only came out a defeated mess to which Pikachu, Rae and Lottie all could help but giggle at.

"Congrats Blue, you've got your work cut out for you," Rae hummed to the gym leader, gently patting his shoulder with sympathy. She jumped a little when the Professor suddenly called her out.

"Oh, miss Rae... I do apologize, but I've only three starters I can afford to gift away." The man seemed crestfallen at this realization, "I truely am sorry, I didn't even think to-"

"Oh, Professor, don't even worry about it, I'm sure I'll be helping them keep these little guys under supervision as if they were my own," and although she assured that with a smile, you couldn't miss the coming grimace as she considered just how much work they might be.

"Well... Alright. Come visit me again sometime, I may have a surprise awaiting you," He told her, to which she nodded, he then turned his attention back towards the group, perking up again as he spoke.

"Now, my son should be stopping by any minute now... should I ask him to show you the way to Petalburg? He may even accompany you further!"

"Really, I insist, they're all yours! I'll have plenty to give new trainers in the following days." Professor Birch had chirped brightly, holding his hands up, refusing to accept the three pokeballs. Ari's face broke out into a big smile as she retreated her hand, and she couldn't help but give a big grin. Blue, on the other hand, wasn't all that happy about having an aggressive pokemon on his team. He had Eevee to train and discipline; adding Treecko to his party will definitely make him go crazy.

"Really?" Red asked, wincing as he asked. Blue agreed with him, not really wanting Treecko on his team. Yes, a Sceptile on the team would be amazing, but having to deal with a pokemon who'll rebel against his orders, the trainer wasn't sure if he was up for it.

Ari gave the Professor a bright smile, "Thank you, Professor Birch! I'll be sure to take care of him." She flashed him another bright smile, turning to Red who didn't seem all that happy. Ari gave a small giggle as she clipped the pokeball onto her belt and grabbed both of Red's hands, "Come on, don't look that down. It's our first pokemon in Hoenn. Torchic isn't all that bad, is he?" she asked with a hopeful smile. "If you need help, the three of us are here," she chirped encouragingly.

Blue sighed, feeling the sympathetic pat from Rae, "I'm not doing this alone, you know." He grumbled, glancing at the girl.

The conversation went on for a short moment before Professor Birch wrapped it all up, and a little fifteen-year-old boy entered the lab. He had a Swablu perched on his shoulder and another set of the three Hoenn starters swarming around his feet. He entered the room with a yawn.

"Dad! I'm back, with all the..." his sentence trailed off when he realized he had interrupted his father who was talking to a set of trainers. "I'm sorry, should I come back another time?" he asked, politely, as he returned the pokemon surrounding him.

"No! No! Brendon, come here for a sec?" Brendon, the now named boy, set down the papers he was holding his hands and walked over to the group. Professor Birch put a hand on his shoulder and with a big grin, he introduced his son to the four. "Meet my son, Brendon! Brendon, meet Red, Blue, Miss Ariada and Miss Rae."

"Why do we get the formal introduction?" Ari muttered quietly, before turning to Brendon with a large smile. "Hi there, Brendon, was it? Nice to meet 'cha!"

Brendon flashed her a smile, "Nice to meet you too, Miss Ariada."

"No, no, just call me Ari."

The brunette looked at her, "Alright then...Ari." He then turned to Blue and Red. "Viridian City's gym leader and grandson of Professor Oak, Blue Oak, right? And Kanto's champion, Red?"

"You did your research. Yup, that's us. Nice to meet 'cha kiddo!" Blue winked. Brendon smiled.

"Pleasure's all mine." Turning to Rae, he gave another polite smile, "And I'm guessing you're Miss Rae?"

Red nodded to the young man in acknowledgement, his reputation as a silent individual justifying his subtle response. He was glad Brendon entered when he did, cause Ariada's actions and that adorable hopeful smile had him in an awkward position, smiling like an idiot and basically agreeing to anything she said, including becoming the trainer of a Pokemon who was scared of its own food at one point. No, he wasn't thrilled about the odds, but when his flustered gaze fell to Pikachu, who was inspecting the Swablue from afar, his expression softened, as he remembered just who was the most stubborn of them all. And he'd turned out to be his closest friend, surpassing even human interaction with the bond they'd formed.

He sighed, "Yeah, I guess you're right... even the champion has a surprise every now and then, I guess."

"That I am, pleasure to meet you," She shook the boys hand with a gentle grip, her hand thin and delicate. She radiated that same model relevant confidence that she did whenever she encountered strangers. The formalities weren't necessarily her cup of tea (She didn't like tea, actually!) But she'd shrug it off in the presence of Professor Birch's son. What significance that held, she wasn't entirely sure, but the more contacts the merrier.

She was about to speak further with the bird perched on the young man's shoulder chirped loudly, and with a graceful flap of its wings it ascended into the air, and gently landed on the brunettes head, curling up and resembling a sort of cloud hat, to which the young woman blushed at.

"Ah, she likes you," Brendon laughed awkwardly, his cheeks dusted pink as well. He tugged at his beanie and averted her gaze, "So... Erm, what are two legends doing out here?" He inquired to the males before him, a look of admiration grazing bis features.

"They're exploring Hoenn, just like you, son," Birch exclaimed. "They just happened to stop by and help your old man out of some... err, trouble."

"Trouble?"

"It's a long story," Rae sighed, peeking from underneath clouded wings with a quirky smile.

Red nodded in agreement, "Yeah, kinda ridiculous."

"Seriously? Well... since you're traveling around, maybe... heading to the next city, Petalburg isn't too far, actually, I'll show you there, if you're up for it? Maybe you can tell me on the way?"

Rae didn't answer, cooing softly to the bird perched upon her who chirped back in mimicking noises.

Red had to laugh at her oddness, nodding to Brendon once he'd caught his breath. "I'm for it. Tour guide would save time. Blue? Ari?"

Watching Rae play with the small cloud bird, Blue had gotten distracted. He was admiring how...cute Rae looked like. However, when his name was called, he turned his attention back to the kid. "What?"

Ari laughed, "Yoohoo, dream boy! Brendon offered to show us to Petalburg," the ginger smiled with a playful roll of her blue eyes. Blue narrowed his eyes at the girl, and flickered her forehead.

"Shush it. Yeah, I'm totally up for it. But can it be tomorrow? I'm exhausted and I'm hungry," Blue grumbled. Walking around in the morning with Rae, encountering Professor being attacked, having to chase down three starters (which one he ended up in an exhausting battle), it has been quite the day. The brunette stretched his arms upwards as he yawned. "Today is all the fun."

With a hum of agreement, Ari was rocking slightly on her heels, "Mhm."

Brendon smiled, "Of course. If you want, you can maybe have dinner at our place...?" Brendon questioned, glancing up at his father. Birch was silent for a moment before a big grin broke out on his face.

"Why not? We certainly have enough rooms to provide if you need a place to stay the night!" Birch exclaimed. "I'm sure my wife won't mind as well. The more, the merrier, she says! Brendon, go ahead and take the four back home. I have to finish up some paperwork before I close up the lab." With that, he waved goodbye and made his way deeper into the lab.

"O-oh...your father is too nice for his own good," Ari commented slightly with a sigh. "Are you sure it's alright? We won't be a bother, will we?"

"Wha? A bother? More like an honor!" He laughed loud and childishly, causing Red to smile in response to the young man.

When they stepped outside, the scenery had changed quite drastically. Streetlights burned golden in attempts to lift some of the darkness that'd shadowed the town, it was night time, and if the missing sunshine wasn't enough implication, the chirps of Volbeat and Illumise, a long with the distant, melodic hums of nocturnal, wild pokemon filled the subtle atmosphere. It was a relaxing change of pace, taking the leisurely stroll with Brendon to his residence, the four didn't realize just how exhausted they were until they were mere feet from the driveway of Birch's two story house.

"Sure your mom won't mind?" Rae asked, agreeing with Ari that she'd hate to intrude.

"Yeah, my mom's gunna be pretty stoked. She doesn't say it, but I'm pretty sure she's really lonely. My dad works late, and I'm always gone."

Rae felt her heart tug as he pulled at her empathetic strings, "Oh... I can understand that, my mom was lonely, too. She was always too prideful to say it, though."

"Right?" Brendon laughed as if in disbelief.

"Parents are strong," Red commented as they came to the porch, and the other two nodded. The light was on, illuminating a patch of green grass on the lawn and half the driveway.

"Ma! I'm home! I brought company!" He rapped his knuckles on the door, and the distant cries of, presumably house pets, rang out as his mother rushed over on the other side. The door flung open, revealing an older brunette, with a smile that was as warm as the best oven baked chocolate chip cookies, and an apron loosely tied around her waist.

"Oh, my son's home! I missed yooou!" She coped, her sweet echoing on the quiet residential street.

"Mom- Ack- HEY-" he squirmed in her arms till she let him go. The woman was quick to amicably greet the strangers before her. "Oh, my, and who are you four?"

"Red," He held out a hand and politely shook hers' "Nice to meet you, Mrs. Birch."

"Oh, please, call me Caroll, handsome."

Red blushed a little, flinching away and thanking Arceus for the shadowing form his cap.

'Chuuuu!'

"And this is Pikachu."

"Why, hello there!"

"Hi there, I'm... Um..." She trailed off as the woman stared at her, incredulous and confused. "...What?"

"You... have a... Swablu on your head, dear."

"...Yeah, I know. It's a thing."

Cricket. Cricket. Cricket.

'Bluuuuu!' The pokemon drifted back onto Brendons shoulder, leaving feathers entangled through the brunettes locks.

"Mom, that's Rae." He told her quickly, and then gestured to the other two to introduce themselves.

A gentle smile couldn't help but form on Blue's and Ari's face at the sight of a cheerful mother. They just both realized it, but they missed their mothers very much. Especially Blue, seeing as he was a momma's boy. Going on adventures had their cons, and not able to see family for quite a long time is one of them. It broke everybody's heart, having to separate from their family for such a long matter of time.

Stifling a giggle from Rae's introduction, Ari waved shyly. "Hi, I'm Ari," she quietly introduced, pulling a strand back behind her ear. It was rare for Ari to be so shy with strangers, but it usually happened when she felt as if she was intruding somehow.

"Ari? As in Ariada Homes?" Caroll asked with a bit of hopeful excitement.

Ari gave a large grin. "You know me?" she asked, rocking on her heels once again. Ariada didn't know she had a large variety of fans. Then again, it isn't really a surprise. The internet is opened to all sorts of people.

"Of course! My, you're so beautiful in real life!" Caroll gushed, and now it was turn for the ginger to blush. Unlike Red, she didn't have anything to cover her embarrassment, so instead of covering it she smiled gently as she accepted the compliment with a soft 'Thank you'. Mrs. Birch turned to Blue and gave him a heartwarming smile, "And you are?"

"Blue Oak, nice to meet you," Blue greeted, holding his hand out to the women. They briefly shook hands and Mrs. Birch smiled.

"So I got my son, a champion, a beautiful model, a lovely blogger, and Oak's grandson in my home? Why, this must be a dream!" she laughed, before stepping aside. "Come in! Come in! I'm currently making supper right now. I hope you don't mind vegetable soup with the side of bread. Not fantastic, but I wasn't expecting visitors," she laughed.

Ariada frowned as she entered the cozy home. "O-Oh, we're awfully sorry if we're intruding." Caroll shook her head.

"No! No! You guys are utmost welcome! I'm so honored to have four lovely people in my home," she smiled, watching as a Skitty walked up to Ariada. Ari crouched down and petted the cat's pokemon pink head. Caroll gave a gentle smile, "Make yourself at home. I'll finish up supper soon!" she smiled.

Blue grinned as he settled down onto the comfortable couch, "The Birch family is very kind. Your father and mother raised you well," the trainer said with a grin at Brendon. Brendon blushed and rubbed his head sheepishly.

As Brendon's mother disappeared, the four found their places on the three sofas within the living room, seemingly relaxing for what felt like the first time all day. Rae curled up beside Blue, unable to deny the fact that, although she really cared about Ari and Red, she felt most like herself beside the gym leader.

Naturally, Red had taken a seat beside Ariada, propping one arm on the head of the couch, nearly around her shoulders, and the other rested lightly on Pikachu, who was nestled into the thick, worn cushions. "So, Brendon, I-"

'Nya nyaaaa!'

Quite suddenly a Delcatty appeared by the couch, right at Blue's leg, staring at him with adorning, glistening eyes. Her tail swished back and forth as she gazed at him, a toothy grin plastered on its feline face.

"Oh, she's gorgeous," Rae said with awe, the pure bred instantly catching her attention. "I knew that Skitty had a coat too shiny to be wild caught." Rae smiled adoringly as the kitten pokemon played lovingly with Ariada. "Pure bred litter?"

"Yeah, litter of four, actually. That's... weirdly accurate," Brendon quirked a brow. "How'd you know?"

"Breeding, it's kind of a thing in the industry, the shinier the coat, the better the show!" She said, mimicking the voice of Vivian, who not only hosts contests, but also almost every other form of animal competition worth attending.

"Hah! Apparently, she, uh... wow, Blue. Looks like she's got a thing for you. Funny, cause she's territorial, doesn't usual warm up to strangers so fast."

The cat nuzzled his free hand affectionately.

Within a few minutes, Caroll was calling the five into the kitchen for supper, the wafting aroma of steamy, brewing stew filling the living room simultaneously.

"Moms cooking, you're gunna love it," Brendon said childishly, hopping over the sofa and bolting into the kitchen.

"He's cute," Rae laughed lightly, and rose up from the couch to follow him in.

"Hungry, Pikachu?"

'Piiiii,' the little mouse nodded wearily, and with an apologetic smile Red carried his companion into the kitchen, cradling it in his arms.

The four had settled down in the living room, Ari playing with the Skitty, while Blue had taken his spot on a different sofa, his hands behind his head as he closed his eyes in relaxation. The ginger cooed gently as she leaned back on the sofa, liking the feeling of being close to Red whilst stroking the shiny fur of Skitty. Ari giggled as the cute pokemon nipped at her own nose, making small cute sounds.

Blue's eyes fluttered open as he felt a small nudge on his leg. He glanced at the beautiful purple cat and smiled, leaning over to stroke Delcatty's head. "Is that so? I guess I just attract all them girls," he jokingly laughed, scratching the pokemon's ears affectionately.

Ariada snorted, "Funny." And Blue shot her a glare.

The gym leader gave one more affectionate stroke to the Delcatty, whilst Ari patted Skitty's head and set her on the coach as the four followed Brendon into the kitchen, who seemed excited to have homemade soup made by his mom.

Brendon had taken one of the chairs on the end, whilst Ari sat beside him, Blue across from her. The front door opened and everyone turned to see who entered. With a grin, Brendon waved to his father.

"Hi Dad! Welcome home! Mom just made veggie stew!" he greeted while Caroll walked over and greeted him with a small kiss on the cheek.

"Yep, and we have guests," she smiled. Ari waved and Blue flashed him a polite smile.

The family atmosphere was undoubtedly soothing for the group, it was unexpected, coming across such a loving, close knit trio who radiated the warmth these young adults had left behind in pursuit of adventure.

Red had settled in his seat beside Ariada quite comfortably, offering her a smile of fondness as, though he, too, missed home as it was so heavily implied here, he was genuinely content being here, with her especially, but also with Pikachu, Blue, Rae, and their newest acquainted, the Birch family.

All was going seemingly perfect, until...

Pop!

The abrupt opening of a pokeball startled everyone, and before reactions could be made, two more followed. Appearing before the group were the three starters from earlier, rested, energized and all about to burst with their distinct characteristics.

First to react was Torchic, who, upon more, new surroundings, went into a sporadic frenzy, chirping at a pitch that matched nails on a chalk board, and promptly bolting off into the living room, demanding Red's full attention as he bolted up from his chair, and gave a reluctant chase to the tiny bird.

Second was Treecko, who launched itself up to the ceiling fan, jarring it to a sudden hault before flinging itself across the kitchen, onto the window, smacking into the glass, and landing in the croc pot, inevitably splashing soup everywhere. Caroll let out a fearful gasp as the commotion broke out simultaneously, hands on her cheeks as she watched the scene develop wildly. Despite their small size, the house wasn't exactly huge, so they definitely were prone to make a mess of things.

"Get! Down! Right! Now!" Carroll yelped and starting to fling a dishrag at Treecko, who'd perched itself back on the ceiling fan, growling. The Professor started to climb a chair, demanding the pokemon do as he said this instant.

The yelling made Rae's pulse quicken, and she could tell, despite its brave front, the little green guy was starting to get visibly nervous. "Stop yelling at him!" She barked suddenly, and the two adults abruptly stopped and stared at her, wide eyed. She took the chair from the Professor and looked to Blue, "Don't let me fall, okay?"

She stood up, a little unbalanced, and held up her arms to the pokemon, bracing herself for a possible struggle, but her empathy picked up on his nervousness and she just couldn't watch it any more. "Treecko... please, sweetheart, I don't want you to fall."

It stared at her, cocking its head to the side curiously.

"I thought we made a pact, no more running!" Red said as softly as he could, but the building frustration was obvious in his timber. He tripped over the coffee table, and Brendon, eager to help, lunged over the sofa, causing them both to collide head first, whilst the chick leapt over its trainer and darted for the kitchen again, fast as lightning.

"Watch where you're going!"

"Watch where I'm going?! Watch where YOU'RE going!"

"STOP THAT!"

The boys continued to yell in unison. Eventually scrambling to their feet, they darted for the kitchen, sliding on soup that'd poured out onto the linoleum flooring.

Last edited by a moderator:
That single pop is what started the whole mess. It was first Red's pokeball; the small white light allowing Torchic to sit in the middle. Next was Blue's, and Treecko sat beside him in a defensive mode. Finally Ari gave a small squeak in fright as Mudkip followed, sitting there with an innocent smile on his face.

And the chaos began.

Blue watched wide-eyed as Torchic took off running, and Red immediately darting after him. Then he gave a shout of protest when he saw his own pokemon began to make a mess out of the Birch's family home. "Treecko!" he cried out, jumping out of his seat and was about to pounce on him when he jumped onto the ceiling fan. He didn't join in the scolding of Treecko, instead glared at him with his green eyes that matched the evil tail that slapped him when they first met.

When Rae calmed the two adults and climbed onto the chair, Blue was about to protest, but seeing her gently coax the green pokemon off the ceiling fan and into her arms, he couldn't help but give a sigh. "Troublemaker" he grumbled. However the shrill shriek from Rae as the chair gave out from under her made him quick to react as he quickly caught her bridal style, with Treecko tucked safely in her arms.

What knocked the chair over? The little Mudkip who got frighten by all the sudden commotion and jumped off the table, crashing into the chair stand which Rae was standing on. Ari squeaked as she quickly got out of her chair, worried for her pokemon as the blue pokemon dived underneath the table.

"Kippling!" she cried out. Quickly, she got on all fours and crawled underneath the table, finding Mudkip sitting there, shaking in fear. Along side him was Torchic. She crawled over to the two and was about to comfort them when she felt a body crash into her, by accident of course.

Ari landed on her back harshly and she would've had let a cry of pain if her lips weren't occupied.

By Red's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back