• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

SilverDingo

Full Moon/Full Life
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

85badc05f8423ad3f8207f10ed0a39c0.jpg

All cities are mad: but the madness is gallant. All cities are beautiful, but the beauty is grim.
― Christopher Morley

It exists in the heart of every city, where the towering skyscrapers seem to converge, and the streets and alleys become a maze. Sometimes you might catch glimpses of it, somewhere not quite there, but also there at the same time. A place familiar, yet at the same time, unfamiliar to you. A cacophony of sounds and unfamiliar sights fill your view before they stop. What you view is Aionopolis, the Eternal City. It spreads its tendrils throughout the cities of the world, expanding its grip every day as we build our cities larger, looming, waiting.

One day, you may take a wrong turn in your city of choice. Maybe it's the back alley shortcut you take from school, perhaps it's a small, quiet street with a restaurant you visit, or maybe you just took a wrong turn, either way, you're not where you usually are. Your head suddenly starts pounding, and your vision blurs. Unfamiliar noises fill your ears, but also the sounds of cars honking and music? You exit the alley, stumbling to gather your vision. When it finally comes to you, you're not in your home city any more.

Large Art Deco skyscrapers tower above you, shining their bright lights into the an orange sky, people in trench coats and hats push their way through the crowd and past strange looking cars, and the signs on buildings are all unfamiliar, in an alphabet you can't read, depicted in an Art Nouveau Style. Smiling women and flowery motifs look down on you, as if to mock you. Towering stone edifices peer down on the city below as people bump through each other, still sillhouetted.

One sign sticks out in particular to you. A blonde woman with flowers in her hair. An arrow below the sign points towards a direction, and you get the urge to follow it...

unknown.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a survival horror roleplay set in Aionopolis, an art deco noir city of my own creation that has inspired all cities and lives beneath our world. Inspired by Lovecraftian fiction, Noir fiction, Bioshock, and the music of The Caretaker, this setting is meant to be a dark neo-noir city with dark magic and horror elements. Characters are taken from modern day and thrown into an environment in which they don't understand the language, the people, and have zero resources. They must then find a way to get back to Earth without being killed by a citizen of the city or by one of the Hunters, beings who keep watch and keep Aionopolis running smoothly, and removing intruders.

Hey, fun fact, did you know that it's estimated that around the world, eight million people go missing every year? Characters can come from any background and be of any nationality so long as they live in a city. Their background will also help determine what equipment you begin with. Characters will start off together, but can branch off from each other as the roleplay goes on.​

Last edited:
This setting is very unique! I adore the Art Deco aesthetic, count me in!

Edit: Lmao I realized you listed Bioshock as one of your inspirations, sorry.

Last edited:
Ooh, this sounds delicious.

Also, are you looking for any specific posting requirements? Do you have a standard on length, or amount of posts to put out per week or something?

Ooh, this sounds delicious.

Also, are you looking for any specific posting requirements? Do you have a standard on length, or amount of posts to put out per week or something?
Thank you!
I try to ask for a short paragraph at minimum with two at average though i understand that in dialogue sequences people might only get one or two sentences at Max due to limiting factors. And just try to post about once a week is all I ask and if something comes up, to let me know!

Thank you!
I try to ask for a short paragraph at minimum with two at average though i understand that in dialogue sequences people might only get one or two sentences at Max due to limiting factors. And just try to post about once a week is all I ask and if something comes up, to let me know!

Alright, cool, this I can do.

I’ll be waiting for the OOC before posting a character. Want to get more details on the plot and such.

Yeah, my title (South of the Border, West of the Sun) is one of his books. I'm actually also currently reading Kafka on the Shore, lol.

Ahhh, that tagline. I was looking all over for The Eternal City in his books, and I couldn't find it. XD No wonder. I was going to read Kafka first (because I heard there was raining fish), but unfortunately too many people had that on hold so I had to push it off for Wind-Up Bird. I would ask you to tell me how it goes, but I hear his books aren't that sort of book.

Anyway sorry, still working on the OoC, will get it up as soon as I can! Thanks for the support, everyone!

Also when the RP actually starts, I will probably split you all into several different groups depending on how many characters we get, just to keep the tight-knit lone survivalist feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back